Canadian Children’s Activity Book Indoctrinates Kids into Euthanasia

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Ahem, I think you are way over your head.  Anybody who claims they have all the answers, like you, are only fooling themselves.

I’m just reading what the bible actually says, not some wealthy preacher’s interpretation of it.   

Don’t religions claim to have all the answers?  

Edited by TreeBeard

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Explain your interpretation of Matthew 19 20-24.  Don’t just link to some bible thumper website…. Use your words. 

If you think you should ignore knowledgeable teachers and ministers, you are starting on the wrong foot to begin with.  I don't know of anyone who became educated without the help of school, books, or teachers on any subject.  The Bible is full of difficult passages and subjects.  Nobody can know it without the help of others.

Just now, blackbird said:

If you think you should ignore knowledgeable teachers and ministers, you are starting on the wrong foot to begin with.  I don't know of anyone who became educated without the help of school, books, or teachers on any subject.  The Bible is full of difficult passages and subjects.  Nobody can know it without the help of others.

Those teachers and ministries are usually sitting on a tonne of cash.  Of course they’re going to pick and choose passages that don’t say that they shouldn’t hoard wealth…   These charlatans tell you not to worry…  us rich people will be going to heaven, despite what Jesus said.

Imagine if they told their parish to give away everything to the poor, otherwise, you’re going to hell…  that church would be empty!  People don’t want to hear what Jesus actually said…  they want to hear that they’re going to heaven!

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I wouldn't attempt to guess at a difficult passage like that without considering what theologians have to say about it simply because it would be easy to be wrong and make foolish comments.  

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Those teachers and ministries are usually sitting on a tonne of cash.  Of course they’re going to pick and choose passages that don’t say that they shouldn’t hoard wealth…   These charlatans tell you not to worry…  us rich people will be going to heaven, despite what Jesus said.

Imagine if they told their parish to give away everything to the poor, otherwise, you’re going to hell…  that church would be empty!  People don’t want to hear what Jesus actually said…  they want to hear that they’re going to heaven!

You obviously think you know exactly what it means, but I don't think you know anything about it.  I'll give you a clue.

The New Testament says in another place the love of money is the root of evil.  Do you see?  The "love" of money.  Not the amount.  If money becomes a person's god, then they are worshiping a false god.  You have to take a passage like that in connection with other verses in the Bible.  I know of fairly rich people who did a lot of good with a lot of their money too.  It depends on one's attitude.