not the world

they want to reclaim what they lost

when the Soviet Union fell

it's not like Putin hasn't openly stated as much

Russia is clearly revanchist and isn't keeping it a secret

they shout it from the rooftops

if you don't believe that

you don't know Russia or Putin

Eastern Germany is now occupied by 40 military Anglo-Khazarian bases and 70,000 U.S. troops.

Where can you see Russia there?

1660725363875-png.1206385

Edited by athos

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

NATO would mop the floor with Russia

if Russia was all they were thought to be

Ukraine would have fallen in a few weeks

instead the Russians are in a quagmire against an opponent nowhere near NATO's level

because their military capabilities were massively overrated

to the point they believed their own hype

and shot themselves in the foot with a foolish invasion

What is NATO waiting for? If Russia is as weak as you say, then let's wipe the floor with Russia.
Please stop contradicting yourself with illogical statements and your ideological blindness. Try to be rational.
Thank you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, athos said:

What is NATO waiting for? If Russia is as weak as you say, then let's wipe the floor with Russia.
Please stop contradicting yourself with illogical statements and your ideological blindness. Try to be rational.
Thank you

if NATO wipes the floor with Russia

then they'll be totally cornered

and they will probably resort to nukes in that scenario

so not exactly ideal

Who did  develop the Sarmat and Poseidon that keep the west more peaceful than it should be.

They're both quite the machines by the looks. The one drawback to the Sarmat is that it's using hypergolic fuel which opens a whole can of worms just handling dangerous liquids. It needs to be fueled-up just before launch which means extra time as well as a convoy of extra vehicles to do the job at hand. The older Topol M uses solid fuel which means it is ALWAYS fueled-up & ready to go. Thirty second set-up time compared to over a half hour for the Sarmat. No extra vehicles needed. But, I suppose the old Topol M's simple ballistic trajectory is getting a bit vulnerable in these days of better missile defense. The Yars is better having MIRV capability...same machine updated somewhat.

The Poseidon...a nuclear powered unmanned submarine...is pretty sinister. It can not be intercepted by current methods. Travels VERY deep at very high speed. Over 50 kts. Lack of shielding limits its use to a several days by current estimates before it slowly fries its own components. I'm sure they're working on that...

Early estimates had the Poseidon carrying a dead-man's stick 50-100 megaton warhead. But it seems more likely that it would be in the 2 megaton range or less. Those underwater types of nuclear explosions create a LOT of radioactive fallout and nobody wants a big mess. It likely carries a variety of extra weapons and gear including its own torpedoes, drones and such.

Edited by DogOnPorch

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

They're both quite the machines by the looks. The one drawback to the Sarmat is that it's using hypergolic fuel which opens a whole can of worms just handling dangerous liquids. It needs to be fueled-up just before launch which means extra time as well as a convoy of extra vehicles to do the job at hand. The older Topol M uses solid fuel which means it is ALWAYS fueled-up & ready to go. Thirty second set-up time compared to over a half hour for the Sarmat. No extra vehicles needed. But, I suppose the old Topol M's simple ballistic trajectory is getting a bit vulnerable in these days of better missile defense. The Yars is better having MIRV capability...same machine updated somewhat.

The Poseidon...a nuclear powered unmanned submarine...is pretty sinister. It can not be intercepted by current methods. Travels VERY deep at very high speed. Over 50 kts. Lack of shielding limits its use to a several days by current estimates before it slowly fries its own components. I'm sure they're working on that...

Early estimates had the Poseidon carrying a dead-man's stick 50-100 megaton warhead. But it seems more likely that it would be in the 2 megaton range or less. Those underwater types of nuclear explosions create a LOT of radioactive fallout and nobody wants a big mess. It likely carries a variety of extra weapons and gear including its own torpedoes, drones and such.

Thank you for such an informative insight.
I guess all this proves that Russia is not so technologically inferior compared to the West.

Edited by athos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, athos said:

I guess all this proves that Russia is not so technologically inferior compared to the West.

not at all

if Russia is so technologically advanced

then why is it's GDP only slightly more than Canada's with a 145.5 million population?

it's a technological and economic backwater

that's how

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

not at all

if Russia is so technologically advanced

then why is it's GDP only slightly more than Canada's with a 145.5 million population?

it's a technological and economic backwater

that's how

Because they print money on toilet paper and owe China trillions of dollars that they will never pay back.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-06/worldwide-pulp-shortage-raises-risk-of-higher-tissue-prices

Edited by athos

On 8/17/2022 at 9:37 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

which is why they need Western help to prop up the more difficult to extract resources they have

analog doesn't always get the job done and hi-tech is sometimes required

You know less about Russia than I do and I don't know much. But I'm certainly not dumb enough to underestimate them. 

They've been underestimated several times and the results were...not optimal.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, athos said:

Thank you for such an informative insight.

Russian gear is certainly comparable. For every US HIMARS attack they report one has to imagine that Russian built Hurricane and Tornado (et al) systems are doing similar long range 'rear area' work.

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You know less about Russia than I do and I don't know much. But I'm certainly not dumb enough to underestimate them. 

They've been underestimated several times and the results were...not optimal.

they've been overestimated several times and the results were not optimal

the Soviet Union was greatly overestimated after WWII

and you are overestimating a far weaker Russia than that

On 8/19/2022 at 5:52 AM, athos said:

Because they print money on toilet paper and owe China trillions of dollars that they will never pay back.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-06/worldwide-pulp-shortage-raises-risk-of-higher-tissue-prices

It's interesting you should say that since a lot of analysts see China's friendship with Russia as a way to further China's aims at eventually taking over control of much of eastern Russia's resource rich territory. Certainly, a lot of Chinese bribe money is at work within Russia's notoriously corrupt economy and governments. 

On 8/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, athos said:

Thank you

I wouldn't classify Russia as being weak exactly in that they have a strong military . But Russian military doctrine always seemed to be based on the "cannon fodder" principle. Russian military victories tended to be won but with enormous losses in men and equipment. Western armies don't have that same mentality. Ukraine has a very small military compared to Russia but if the reports are true, they have inflicted an awful lot of casualties on the Russians. Take note of the huge impact of hi-tech Western designed weapons.

As for the current Russian standard of living I'm of the opinion that they still lag far behind the West.

Russia has a much bigger problem to deal with.

Simply math: No Russians by 2200 - Declining Birth Rate | FairPlanet

Population decline in Russia: ‘Putin has no choice but to win’ in Ukraine (france24.com)

On 8/19/2022 at 6:13 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

they've been overestimated several times and the results were not optimal

the Soviet Union was greatly overestimated after WWII

and you are overestimating a far weaker Russia than that

Hilarious. 

Good thing you're not a general.