BOJO bights the dust.

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Democratically elected by the people. Rather undemocratically removed by political opponents.

The party was elected by the people and the party is still in charge.

The only people who voted for Boris were his constituency. 

We don't have a President.

Edited by Iceni warrior
  • Like 1

As one wag put it, third PM in a row to be ousted by Boris Johnson. BTW isn’t it great to see MPs, regardless of party affiliation, really having a go at the PM at a parliamentary committee meeting? You wouldn’t guess we had the same system in Canada.

https://inews.co.uk/news/huw-merriman-m ... ee-1726986

https://youtu.be/zopEUw7gUMg

• Like 1

They really should some deputy-system so that in cases like this there's someone who takes over straight away. 

After all, it takes weeks to find out who's going to be the next PM. 

When a party is in opposition they have time for this kind of very lengthy leadership-elections. Not when it's the governing party. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Democratically elected by the people. Rather undemocratically removed by political opponents.

He has a 23% approval rating. The people of Uxbridge have even had enough of him. If there is a non confidence vote and an election, he will probably lose his own seat.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Why is that? I heard he got a handjob while in his office, by someone he later married. He also held some parties during quarantine.

Sounds more like a Clinton than a Trump.

You really haven't been paying attention. Brits have. Go figure.

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I thought there already was one last week, and he survived it. Should’ve been case closed, but evidently not.

That was within his party and it is obvious he would lose another one.

If Labour introduces a non confidence motion in Parliament, it will pass and the Conservatives will be toast in the resulting election. The Conservatives have to get rid of him before that happens.

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If Labour introduces a non confidence motion in Parliament, it will pass and the Conservatives will be toast in the resulting election. The Conservatives have to get rid of him before that happens.

That's a gamble though.

It might backfire by uniting the Conservatives.

There are a lot of Tory MPs in traditional Labour seats who don't want an election now when the government is so low in the polls.

Starmer has threatened to do it but I think he's bluffing. 

28 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You really haven't been paying attention. Brits have. Go figure.

I dont read BBC much, but I work with a Brit who hates Bojo. He tells me whats going on. 

All I hear is “Scandals”. Sounds like a whole lotta whoopie to me. 

28 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Still would like to know what the actual problems were.

Besides getting a hand-job from one’s girlfriend, I mean...

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Still would like to know what the actual problems were.

Besides getting a hand-job from one’s girlfriend, I mean...

He has had over 50 resignations from his cabinet. Eventually they get tired of lying for him.

After the latest revelation, he was told that at best he could expect around 60 votes out of over 300 in  another party confidence vote.

Edited by Aristides

Yeah that’s what I thought. Nothing there.

Since you people refuse to answer, I asked the mighty Google oracle and here’s what it said: (Wall Street Journal):

What is the turmoil in Boris Johnson’s government about?

Mr. Johnson’s premiership has been rocked by a chain of scandals in recent months after government officials were found to have held several partiesin his Downing Street headquarters while the rest of the country was under strict Covid-19 lockdowns. He apologized to Buckingham Palace after staff held parties on the night before the funeral of Prince Philip, where Queen Elizabeth had to sit alone to comply with social-distancing requirements. Most recently, Mr. Johnson had to apologize for appointing as a senior parliamentary official a man whom he knew had a history of allegedly making unwanted sexual advances.

So that’s it? The Queen had to sit alone??

Awwww....

:lol: 

I think last time there was this level of uprising in a PMs party was in the last moments of Thatcher's premiership but she had been there for 11 years. Johnson only three. 

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. Nothing there.

Since you people refuse to answer, I asked the mighty Google oracle and here’s what it said: (Wall Street Journal):

What is the turmoil in Boris Johnson’s government about?

Mr. Johnson’s premiership has been rocked by a chain of scandals in recent months after government officials were found to have held several partiesin his Downing Street headquarters while the rest of the country was under strict Covid-19 lockdowns. He apologized to Buckingham Palace after staff held parties on the night before the funeral of Prince Philip, where Queen Elizabeth had to sit alone to comply with social-distancing requirements. Most recently, Mr. Johnson had to apologize for appointing as a senior parliamentary official a man whom he knew had a history of allegedly making unwanted sexual advances.

So that’s it? The Queen had to sit alone??

Awwww....

:lol: 

You don't dig very deep do you. You really think he had over 50 resignations because of just that?

Lest we all forget reality...

BoJo’s job was to extract the UK from the Europeon Union (sic) via Brexit. As such, he is an enemy of globalism. He would’ve had a hell of a lot of enemies. The media attacks were never-ending, coming from an infinite well of funding.

The same funding’ that’s got you people spinning your heads round and round.