More Race Baiting Fake News from CBC and Desmond Brown

On 5/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Sorry Mr. Race Baiter, it doesn't work that way.  You make specific claims, so YOU have to back it up.  It's not up to us to deal with the bullshit that you dump in my forum.  Read the rules, then leave thanks.

The thread is about serious racism, the OP's accusation is substantiated by the article, the only one making unsubstantiated claims is you.

If this is your forum then why don't you ban people for constantly pointing out your hypocrisy and lies?

Don't believe me? 

Of course no one believes you MH. You're the guy with the Trudeau pom-poms, and one of the most credulous leftists on this site, who pretends to be a conservative.

Then read this: I have photos of you at a cross burning in BC in 2018.  Prove me wrong.

The guy with you, in your selfie, was actually Gerald Butts. Prove me wrong.

2. I agree.  We need to defend it against racist 1d10ts who sow division and turn back the clock. 

You won't even use your little voice on this forum to speak out against the PM for his blatant hate-mongering MH. You even pretended to see a sea of Nazi & confederate flags at the Freedom Convoy when he said they were there, you just couldn't find any pictures of it.

Go away.

Hit the skids you hypocritical whiner.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ironstone said:

Are there any thoughts on the Toronto most wanted link posted above?

It's a complex issue. I remember one Toronto councillor taking flack some years ago when she said "80% of the crimes are being done by 20% of the population." This roughly equates to the figure estimated by the OP (10% of the population causing 50% of the crimes).

But statistics can be insidious liars if we try to draw a conclusion. For, looking deeper we find it is not the 20% of the population causing crimes at all, but actually a smaller percentage that often do repeat crimes. Therefore "Blacks" in the statistic is a misnomer.

I believe poverty is a better discriminator, as a baseline for where these 80% of crimes are coming from. There you may see some whites in that group, too. And the occasional "other" visible minority, the brown and the yellow man.

Article sums it up quite nicely.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-policing-report-exposes-flawed-logic-of-race-crime-statistics

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Canada’s murder rate was much higher in the 70s.  

Less white people per capita = less murder?  

It's hard to digest all of these stats. Murder rates are down and so is crime in general. But hate crimes are up and so is gang violence it seems. Hate crimes seem to have their fair share of hoaxes and may be subjective.

Gun and Gang Violence (publicsafety.gc.ca)

Here is a more up to date list of the most wanted in Canada.

Wanted by the RCMP | Royal Canadian Mounted Police (rcmp-grc.gc.ca)

I don't see how a list like this can be considered racist as it simply shows photos of people that are wanted for various crimes. The most wanted list from Toronto showed people that were mainly wanted for homicides. I'm just guessing that most of those crimes were gang related.

14 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Hate crimes seem to have their fair share of hoaxes and may be subjective.

How are hate crimes any more subjective than property crimes?

Here is a more up to date list of the most wanted in Canada.

Why would you think a “most wanted list” is representative or relevant when we’re talking about comparing crimes from the 70s to today?

Edited by TreeBeard

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

How are hate crimes any more subjective than property crimes?

Why would you think a “most wanted list” is representative or relevant when we’re talking about comparing crimes from the 70s to today?

I would say that any crime perpetrated by a white person against a person of colour has a much higher chance of being labelled a hate crime even if race may have had nothing to do with the actual crime. This is an American example, but consider all the crimes committed against Asians in many major cities. It appears many of those crimes were committed by blacks so the issue of those assaults being considered hate crimes goes away. The left pushes the narrative that only white people are racist. 

When the woke side continually talks about systemic racism and that all white people are racist, and even the most mundane things in Western society are all racist, it's to be expected that some people will call out that kind of nonsense.

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

It appears many of those crimes were committed by blacks so the issue of those assaults being considered hate crimes goes away. The left pushes the narrative that only white people are racist. 

So your argument is that white people aren't racist?  Or that black people are as racist as white people and the crimes should be treated as hate crimes as well?  

You seem to be saying on the one hand, white people are not as racist as the media says they are, but on the other that black people are just as racist as white people but aren’t recognized as such.  Which is it?  

Hate Crime Hoaxes Are More Common Than You Think - WSJ

Race baiting is a pretty successful tactic. Look at how everyone swallowed the Smollett hoax without question. As I mentioned before, it's an industrial complex now.

You want to talk about most wanted lists and what that has to do with race?

Toronto Police Most Wanted List Taken Down After Critics Call It Racially Insensitive – Enclave Post

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So your argument is that white people aren't racist?  Or that black people are as racist as white people and the crimes should be treated as hate crimes as well?  

You seem to be saying on the one hand, white people are not as racist as the media says they are, but on the other that black people are just as racist as white people but aren’t recognized as such.  Which is it?  

I say that people of any colour are capable of being racist. Your side basically only calls out white people for racism.

Not all people of any ethnicity are racist. It should go without saying. You guys on the woke side are the ones being hyper-sensitive about skin colour.

Back to the topic of most wanted lists. I want those lists up on display for the simple reason that it will help to catch the criminals. Leftists want the lists taken down because they consider them racially insensitive. That makes no sense.

17 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Hate Crime Hoaxes Are More Common Than You Think - WSJ

Race baiting is a pretty successful tactic. Look at how everyone swallowed the Smollett hoax without question. As I mentioned before, it's an industrial complex now.

You want to talk about most wanted lists and what that has to do with race?

Toronto Police Most Wanted List Taken Down After Critics Call It Racially Insensitive – Enclave Post

That is satire, though, right?

There will also be a new affirmative action policy put in place. “Everyone in Toronto wants an equitable society. So I am going to instruct my officers that after every arrest on an individual who is a member of visible minority, you have to go out and look for a suspect that is part of a privileged group”. James Ramer finished the call by letting Enclave Post know that he does not mind police reform. “I don’t mind less enforcement as long as they let me keep my pay”.

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

That makes no sense.

At first, I was going to agree wholeheartedly with you about the RCMP list.  These vicious bastards deserve to be on a list, regardless of skin colour!  Of course skin colour shouldn’t matter when making the list!  

But then, I actually thought about it for a few seconds…

How is the RCMP list chosen?  What are the criteria to get on the list?  Do any white collar criminals ever make the list?  Is there a possibility that the list is more geared to picking criminals who are non-white?  If so, is the list really all that useful?

I don’t know the answers to any of these questions, but it doesn’t take too much thinking about it to realize there might be a point of contention there, and some questions that need answering. 

Do you have the ability to think outside your political biases to get answers to these questions and to form an opinion based on where the evidence leads?  

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

At first, I was going to agree wholeheartedly with you about the RCMP list.  These vicious bastards deserve to be on a list, regardless of skin colour!  Of course skin colour shouldn’t matter when making the list!  

But then, I actually thought about it for a few seconds…

How is the RCMP list chosen?  What are the criteria to get on the list?  Do any white collar criminals ever make the list?  Is there a possibility that the list is more geared to picking criminals who are non-white?  If so, is the list really all that useful?

I don’t know the answers to any of these questions, but it doesn’t take too much thinking about it to realize there might be a point of contention there, and some questions that need answering. 

Do you have the ability to think outside your political biases to get answers to these questions and to form an opinion based on where the evidence leads?  

I don't know what the criteria is for the most wanted list. Violent crimes, child abductions seemed to be most common on that RCMP list. White collar criminals should also be on that list in my opinion. Perhaps they have been on and off at some point, I don't know. Unfortunately, white collar crime is not considered a serious offense in Canada and those who are caught typically seem to get a slap on the wrist.

If a most wanted list helps to catch criminals, then yes, it's very useful.

I will admit to having political biases, just as you clearly have yours. I try to more information, and I have questions when various sources have totally opposing conclusions about certain topics.

You said,"Of course skin colour shouldn't matter when making the list!"  I agree with you 100%. In fact, I think skin colour shouldn't matter in pretty much everything in day to day life. Nobody should be persecuted only because of skin colour, just as nobody should be hired only because of skin colour.

It could be argued that the most racist people are white liberals with their condescending attitudes.

22 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

But if a most-wanted list has a bias towards non-white people, due to something systemically wrong with the criteria, shouldn’t that be challenged and changed so the list becomes more useful?

You are bothered by a most wanted list because it happens to have mostly non-whites on it. Isn't that in itself kind of racist? If the criteria for most wanted lists is violent offenders are given priority, then so be it. If they are mostly white, I hope they are all tracked down and captured. If the list happens to be mostly visible minorities, I also hope they are all tracked down and captured. If there is any bias on a most wanted list, it's toward criminals.

It's that silly mindset of white liberals at play. Pro sports, entertainment, politics. It's all too white! Even math is racist according to you guys.

Did you watch the link I posted earlier with Ami Horowitz? If you did, how can you not honestly admit that those white liberals are incredibly condescending towards black people?

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

You are bothered by a most wanted list because it happens to have mostly non-whites on it.

You missed the point completely.  I would be bothered if the list is biased towards non-whites.  Which is why I posed the questions.  Should we just assume the RCMP would never do such a thing, or should we look into it and form an opinion once we know the facts?

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

If the criteria for most wanted lists is violent offenders are given priority, then so be it.

Do you know what the criteria are?

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Did you watch the link I posted earlier with Ami Horowitz?

No.  I don’t waste my time with video links or links to biblical apologists.   I will look at links that are used as a citation for facts or assertions.  

If you can’t make the argument yourself, in your own words, why am I here attempting to discuss things?

54 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

But if a most-wanted list has a bias towards non-white people, due to something systemically wrong with the criteria, shouldn’t that be challenged and changed so the list becomes more useful?

I would simply point out that all of those on the most wanted list are there because they are wanted in connection with various crimes. You seem to be suggesting a most wanted list is unfair because it happens to show mostly nonwhites and it's only because there is something "systemically wrong with the criteria" and that it should be challenged and changed "so the list becomes more useful". 

What on earth would make a most wanted list more useful other than showing the actual photos of the most wanted criminals?

Prove to me that there is something systemically wrong with most wanted list criteria.

You rarely make arguments, you overwhelmingly reply with questions.

45 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Prove to me that there is something systemically wrong with most wanted list criteria.

I never said there was.  But I won’t dismiss the people out of hand just because of their politics.  I would prefer to form an opinion based on the facts.  I don’t know what the criteria is for the list, and neither do you.   I would like to hear more…. you dismiss it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. 

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I never said there was.  But I won’t dismiss the people out of hand just because of their politics.  I would prefer to form an opinion based on the facts.  I don’t know what the criteria is for the list, and neither do you.   I would like to hear more…. you dismiss it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. 

I'm not dismissing the criteria since I don't know precisely what it is. And it may vary depending on the specific law enforcement agency.

Simply put, I have no issues with law enforcement showing photos of criminals, regardless or race. What matters is that they all be brought to face justice. Any concerns that there are too many of a certain race on there are ridiculous.

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

So you have no issues if the criteria chooses non-whites unfairly?

I think any rational person would only be concerned only that criminals are brought to justice regardless of skin colour.

You keep claiming that you're not saying that the criteria is problematic, but you then turn around and ask, what if the criteria chooses nonwhites unfairly?

Can you point out WHY that MIGHT be the case? Is there something about the most wanted lists that strike you as being odd?

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

Can you point out WHY that MIGHT be the case? Is there something about the most wanted lists that strike you as being odd?

No idea.  
You brought up the list;  I asked why it was relevant;  and you mentioned that lefties consider it racist.  I’d never actually heard that it was, and you provided no context, so I threw out some ideas about why they might think that.  I don’t even know if anyone even does.  I’m just taking your word for it.       

• 5 months later...

Karolina Huebner-Makurat another victim of crime from a protected demographic.

Damian Hudson is mentioned in a CBC article as a suspect but no mention of a pattern from this demographic. Or his trait.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6905573

The CBC will have several articles about white supremacy this week tho.