Jason Kenney out in Alberta

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Lots of names going all the way back to Mulroney in 1993.

Are you saying the conservative demise is a slow death? They have had lots of leaders, with Harper being the exception ,that have failed to attract Canadians.

I feel it has been significantly worse since Harper left. The conservatives have split and cannot agree on anything. If they cannot get their own ship to float, how can expect Canadians get onboard?

Yeah. I meant Peter Mackay is the devil. But anyway same same.  I'm saying leadership is a thing. People recognize it when they see it. A party is merely a vehicle for that person.

Looking at the political scene in Canada right now, there are no leaders among them. Or rather, when one does arise, the others attack them from all sides. Just like the weak, cowardly dogs they all are.

And you people go on and keep voting for them... looks good on yas. After the covid debacle, it all makes sense. I calculated a 90-95% ratio of dumbasses to intelligent men. Therefore bring on the next premier to save the peoples. Save us, from ourselves...

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah. I meant Peter Mackay is the devil. But anyway same same.  I'm saying leadership is a thing. People recognize it when they see it. A party is merely a vehicle for that person.

Looking at the political scene in Canada right now, there are no leaders among them. Or rather, when one does arise, the others attack them from all sides. Just like the weak, cowardly dogs they all are.

And you people go on and keep voting for them... looks good on yas. After the covid debacle, it all makes sense. I calculated a 90-95% ratio of dumbasses to intelligent men. Therefore bring on the next premier to save the peoples. Save us, from ourselves...

Who is "you people"? The voting public?

COVID? What are you saying? The Feds F'd it up? 

Considering health care is provincial and most Provinces are conservative, what are you implying? The provinces should elect liberal premiers?

I admit to feeling guilty for my comment on Premier Kenney's lack of education. It was intended as a dig at the reform types who call the Prime Minister a "failed drama teacher," ignoring the fact he was a pretty good math teacher. Regardless, of any perceived lack of academic success for either of them, they both reached the top of the political ladder and are serving their country. We should not take pleasure at another peron's misfortune,... unless they are President Putin.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, August1991 said:

My personal opinion:

Justin Trudeau/Gerald Butts are now around 30%. They can only rely on the Anglo NDP for support.

Jason Kenney resigns.

Yet François Legault has no fear of an October 2022 election. 

Trudeau/Singh have 3 more years to piss off the people.

Kenny resigns and that is a good, honourable thing to do.

François Legault could not care less what happens outside of his province.

If the doomsayers on this forum want to talk about total control and dictatorship....look at François Legault and his Coalition Avenir Québec (CAQ). They have everything under control :)

On 5/22/2022 at 9:46 AM, ExFlyer said:

Trudeau/Singh have 3 more years to piss off the people.

Kenny resigns and that is a good, honourable thing to do.

François Legault could not care less what happens outside of his province.

If the doomsayers on this forum want to talk about total control and dictatorship....look at François Legault and his Coalition Avenir Québec (CAQ). They have everything under control :)

ExFlyer, I suspect that you don't understand what this means for Canada.

====

In the 1970s, the US once experienced stagflation. In Canada, we had nationalism - as if there were anything new.

There is a lot of American foolishness (Bush Jnr/Obama/Brennan/Trump/Rodham-Clinton/Bernanke) that has lead to this current inflation and current tragic Central European war.

But in Canada? This is all on Butts and Trudeau Jnr.

Before 2015, in Canada, we finally got along. Now, we're about to fight again.

Edited by August1991

6 hours ago, August1991 said:

ExFlyer, I suspect that you don't understand what this means for Canada.

====

In the 1970s, the US once experienced stagflation. In Canada, we had nationalism - as if there were anything new.

There is a lot of American foolishness (Bush Jnr/Obama/Brennan/Trump/Rodham-Clinton/Bernanke) that has lead to this current inflation and current tragic Central European war.

But in Canada? This is all on Butts and Trudeau Jnr.

Before 2015, in Canada, we finally got along. Now, we're about to fight again.

I am not sure what you think I don't understand?

I think, if 2015 is your "change everythign date" that the entire North American political scene changed. We, in Canada, became more American in our political activities and attitudes.

We, in Canada, became as adversarial and accusatory as Americans as opposed to our "civilized" previous selves.

We certainly had our extremist MP's just as the US had their far left/right congressmen.

We had Trudeau Sr for a long time, then Mulroney for a long time, then Chretien for a long time, then Harper for a long time, and now Trudeau for a long time.

I think if someone is in power for a long time it creates problems more than it solves. It becomes one persons realm instead of for the people. Look at cities with long time mayors or provincial government with long serving premiers. Same for Prime Ministers. They forget what they are there for and concentrate on staying in power. Maybe of we were forced to change we would look at things differently? Maybe a limit on terms is an option?

Edited by ExFlyer

When Stephen Harper was our federal PM, we got along. Peace.

With Trudeau Jnr, we seem to have arguments. Like when his father was PM.

====

I prefer a protestant federal PM from English-Canada - who speaks French reasonably well.

Or a catholic federal PM from Nova Scotia - such as John Thompson.

===

IMHO, Canada is not about changing the world. It is about getting along.

The federal Liberals have lost the narrative.

Edited by August1991

Think.

Americans are proud of their republic.

But we Canadians have a federal State - bilingual - without a civil war. And our first PM in Ontario was Catholic - elected by Protestants.

Or, in 1896, we chose a federal Catholic French PM.

====

In the US, race? Skin colour? There have been only two Catholic presidents: JFK and Biden.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, West said:

Today's "far right" was yesterday's center. Problem is the left have gone to crazy town that anything right of Castro, they believe, is "far right"

Exactly as I say to americans this is not the reagan era.  People were far more conservative then.  My conservatism has never changed but now I would be regarded as Goebbels himself.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, RedDog said:

A dog can’t change his spots. At the end of the day, Kenney is still an Ontario boy.

RedDog,

I disagree. Jason Kenney is a decent person (likely closeted gay) who has done everything possible to make us all get along.

By all measures, Kenney is a good Canadian. Yet, he resigned.  

On 5/20/2022 at 7:20 AM, OftenWrong said:

Which conservatives

Oh you mean the white rose types. Westerners. Church going oil barons. Beef raising, proselytizing marlboro men.

Albertans are about as dumb as Candians get. They think they’ll now find something better.

I’ll give him credit for stepping down when he could have insisted on staying, like some dirty sock wearing liberal would do. Why anyone would want to lead such a herd of brutal mindless cattle is beyond me.

But you love the extorted money. You’re a motel cheap hooker.

1 hour ago, RedDog said:

But you love the extorted money. You’re a motel cheap hooker.

Yeah but I seen your pappy come in here more than a few times...   ;)

That's the way it is, with confederation. Everybody gets some.

Edited by OftenWrong