Jason Kenney and Religious Persecution

Anyone catch the interview Jason Kenney did in a church of all places trying to say he's going to protect churches? Same man who erected a fence around GraceLife Church and arrested multiple pastors for the crime of providing pastoral care to parishioners during Covid? Same guy who threw a pastor in solitary confinement for protesting? 

The man's a fraud. Defies his own covid orders with his expensive supper at Sky Palace while there were restrictions. I hear the UCP will have him under leadership review. 

Edited by West
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What do you expect from a guy who is a failed philosophy major. I mean, philosophy???? If you get bounced from university because you are failing in philosophy... how did he ever get elected.  I won't repeat the rumours that he cheated.

Of course, he wasn't the man who erected the fence or threw the pastor in jail. That was a court order. A premier has no authority to direct the police. The  pastor was jailed for defying a court order, IIRC. Contempt of Court is a serious offence.

18 minutes ago, West said:

I hear the UCP will have him under leadership review. 

And now Brian Jean won the by-election for the UCP by promising to force Premier Kenney out. ?

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What do you expect from a guy who is a failed philosophy major. I mean, philosophy???? If you get bounced from university because you are failing in philosophy... how did he ever get elected.  I won't repeat the rumours that he cheated.

Of course, he wasn't the man who erected the fence or threw the pastor in jail. That was a court order. A premier has no authority to direct the police. The  pastor was jailed for defying a court order, IIRC. Contempt of Court is a serious offence.

And now Brian Jean won the by-election for the UCP by promising to force Premier Kenney out. ?

Don't kid yourself. High profile cases most certainly would hit the premier's desk. 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:57 PM, West said:

Don't kid yourself. High profile cases most certainly would hit the premier's desk. 

Why is that a high-profile case?  You don't seem to really understand how the justice system works.  

Quelle surprise.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

After it happened, but why do you figure it was Jason Kenney's decision?  As Queen Mandy said, it was a court order.  What is he going to do about it when it "comes across his desk"? 

Well he did put the ban on religious gatherings while allowing Walmart to do their thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, West said:

You think isolation is normal? 

Yes, sometimes it's completely normal.  I often find myself craving it. Some of the happiest most memorable times of my life have been when I was in complete isolation.  At sea for example...just me, the boat and barely another sign of humanity within sight for days. Distant lights on the horizon at best.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, sometimes it's completely normal.  I often find myself craving it. Some of the happiest most memorable times of my life have been when I was in complete isolation.  At sea for example...just me, the boat and barely another sign of humanity within sight for days. Distant lights on the horizon at best.

For a couple hours maybe. Days at a time will make you go crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There are other ways to get social interaction.  You don't die because if you can't go to Church.  

There are other ways to get your groceries too...

You must be pretty narcissistic to determine what's essential. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Sure, but they cost more.  You die if you don't eat.  You do not die if you don't go to Church.  

?. I'm sure Walmart could've gotten creative. Maybe do online or something 

There's always Skip of takeout. 

The funny part was when the crazy leftists started throwing paddleboarders in cuffs for the crime of being alone on the beach. Definitely overkill. That and erecting fences so those dirty Christians don't spread covid. Blm rallies are fine tho.

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

For a couple hours maybe. Days at a time will make you go crazy.

I went for weeks at a time, for years.  You either don't have a clue what you're talking about or you're just making this up because being wrong about something makes you crazy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

I went for weeks at a time, for years.  You either don't have a clue what you're talking about or you're just making this up because being wrong about something makes you crazy. 

"Social isolation and loneliness are as harmful to your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day and are twice as harmful to physical and mental health as obesity. Loneliness is linked to adverse health consequences such as depression, sleep disturbances, cognitive decline and impaired immunity. As mentioned, social isolation is a major risk factor for suicide. The feeling of not belonging or not feeling connected to other people can be detrimentally powerful. "

https://bestcare.org/news/20200909/stay-connected-social-isolation-risk-factor-suicide

Nobody is arguing that isolation is healthy.  That's why solitary confinement is such a problem in prisons. 

The argument is that you're not socially isolated just because you can't crowd together in pews with a hundred other people during a pandemic.  

How did all of these other worshippers in Canada survive?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody is arguing that isolation is healthy.

I'm simply arguing that it's not always unhealthy. I have little doubt there are people who suffered psychologically but I doubt it's as universal or devastating as advertised. I'm willing to bet most people and especially kids who suffered had parents or lived with people who were ideologically freaked out over COVID. Kids need to see maturity in action to properly emulate it.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody is arguing that isolation is healthy.  That's why solitary confinement is such a problem in prisons. 

The argument is that you're not socially isolated just because you can't crowd together in pews with a hundred other people during a pandemic.  

How did all of these other worshippers in Canada survive?  

Some people find their religion helps ground them. Attending church is important to many people. Zoom doesn't give you the social aspect of attending church.