Are we being gaslighted by the leftists?

West

9 minutes ago, West said:

Who's saying "vaccinate none"?

Ok, so vaccinate as many as possible.

What we are saying is that you shouldn't be coerced or manipulated into something you don't want. Used to be a reasonable argument...

No what you folks are primarily saying is that you shouldn't be forced and you're not being forced.  I get it that you don't like feeling coerced or manipulated but you're not being forced.  No one will forcibly inject anything into you or your children without your consent.  

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Ok, so vaccinate as many as possible.

No what you folks are primarily saying is that you shouldn't be forced and you're not being forced.  I get it that you don't like feeling coerced or manipulated but you're not being forced.  No one will forcibly inject anything into you or your children without your consent.  

Coercion: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

1 minute ago, West said:

Coercion: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

Okay. Thankfully force can be measured by degree or on a scale and in Canada it stops well short of agents of the state holding you down while sticking a needle in your arm.

They MUST ask for your permission and they MUST obey you.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Okay. Thankfully force can be measured by degree or on a scale and in Canada it stops well short of agents of the state holding you down while sticking a needle in your arm.

They MUST ask for your permission and they MUST obey you.

A threat of job loss is still coercion and unethical. Especially over your private medical decision

Edited by West

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It sucks for sure.  The choice to keep your job will always be in your hands however.

Would you support an employer who demands a woman have an abortion or lose their job?

What about all the metoo stuff? You think sexual harassment is fair game too?

Edited by West
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If it would prevent me and our co-workers from coming down with pregnancy, definitely. 

?.. you are so brainwashed. 

Good night sir. You go get your 4th shot in less than a year then whennyou still get covid you can say the line "ya but I would've gotten covid harder" ?.. 

Had covid last year. Not that bad bro.. certainly not worth destroying lives over a vaccine. Just sayin

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Everyone is aware of the exceedingly slight risk inherent to vaccinating all and even more aware of the far more risky alternative of vaccinating none.  In the meantime no one is forcing anyone into a state of no choice whatsoever.  Some consequences suck harder than others, it just is what it is.

But there should not be any pressure at all to vaccinate the kids.

I could get the vax myself, I don't think it will help but I'm not scared, I'm just not willing to help raise the v% so high that the last group of people have no choice left.

This is all bullshit. 

1 minute ago, West said:

The trick is to not let it get soiled with shit in the first place - think of it as a preventative measure.

Can't wait for my 4th, I'm really hoping there'll be an annual multi-spectrum COVID/Flu/Cold vaccine before long.  I'll be giving my pharmacist a lollipop instead of the other way around.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

But there should not be any pressure at all to vaccinate the kids.

That's not what the vast body of medical expertise is saying.

I could get the vax myself, I don't think it will help but I'm not scared, I'm just not willing to help raise the v% so high that the last group of people have no choice left.

This is all bullshit.

I'd say the argument you've come up with for not getting it is purely political which is to also say it's bullshit but c'est la vie. 

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's not what the vast body of medical expertise is saying.

That's a lie. No one is saying that the vax saves healthy kids. Only 30 people under 20 died since the very beginning. 

People spread covid, vaxed or not. And if the vax actually works, then who are we protecting by vaxing kids? 

It's circular stupidity and bullshit.

I'd say the argument you've come up with for not getting it is purely political which is to also say it's bullshit but c'est la vie. 

Who gives a rip? It's my choice. Why should anyone be ostracized for taking a vax with dangerous side effects that doesn't work? 

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Been there done that with examples of fishing company executives, DFO officials and revolving doors 25 - 30 years ago.

You know what happened?  I was called a commie, a fascist and a Nazi by the usual suspects.

It's just too bad we couldn't get a 100000 people to descend on Ottawa to demand and end to the secrecy of back rooms. Now if there was anything that would trigger tanks advancing at high speed on crowds of people it would be that.

Given the disdain the bulk of you clowns have for holding your betters to account I expect you'd be cheering for the tanks.

So you realize Big Pharma is planting influence in media and political control centers but you demand first source admitted proof of their schemes, scams and the harm they're doing to what?  Get some sort of revenge on people for years ago not believing you on conspiracies in the fishing industry or something?

That's fucked up, man.

Edited by Infidel Dog

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The trick is to not let it get soiled with shit in the first place - think of it as a preventative measure.

Can't wait for my 4th, I'm really hoping there'll be an annual multi-spectrum COVID/Flu/Cold vaccine before long.  I'll be giving my pharmacist a lollipop instead of the other way around.

Coming from the guy who's paranoid that he'll die if he sits next to an unvaxxed in the office...

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's a lie. 

It's not a lie according to the vast body of medical expertise. 

Who gives a rip? It's my choice.

It's probably none of my business but did you give your kid any choice in the matter?  It must suck that he can't pursue sports the way you did because your politics got in the way.

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

So you realize Big Pharma is planting influence in media and political control centers but you demand proof of their scams and the harm they're doing to what?  Get some sort of revenge on people for years ago not believing you on conspiracies in the fishing industry or something?

That's fucked up, man.

I'm simply saying that without physical evidence in hand you have nothing.  "Everybody knows" doesn't cut it.  What's fucked up is knowing that the means of doing something about corruption is easy while not doing it.

Last time I fished we had cameras recording our fishing activity, GPS tracking our position, an onboard black-box to log everything on top of a paper process to validate, audit and verify the digital logs.   If you want to be a fisherman for a living in BC, this is how its done. Why, to protect YOUR stake in the fishery.  These are your natural resources too after all.

Remember, there are 38 million of us, only 338 MPs and a piddly 35 of them are cabinet members.

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s horrifying on the level of eugenics. You think it’s okay to dictate how many children a woman should be able to have?   Wow.  All I need to know.

Good grief you drama queens sure like making a show out of clutching your pearls don't you?

Yes at worst it was an off colour joke but consider the question I had to work with.  I thought it was kinda funny myself.

1 hour ago, West said:

Good night sir. You go get your 4th shot in less than a year then whennyou still get covid you can say the line "ya but I would've gotten covid harder" ?.. 

Had covid last year. Not that bad bro.. certainly not worth destroying lives over a vaccine. Just sayin

Just got over Covid.  Asymptomatic.  Time to move on from pandemic fear and the total realignment of the economy to fight Covid.  The pandemic is over.  Sorry you’re cancelled.  

1 hour ago, West said:

More gaslighting from the left today on ctv. Saying it's actually the protesters spraying themselves with tear gas???? 

I don't believe it either.  But it's no different than saying that people who carry Nazj flags and bring guns to the protes are plants by leftists.

37 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't believe it either.  But it's no different than saying that people who carry Nazj flags and bring guns to the protes are plants by leftists.

You saw the clip of the guy saying he heard the man carrying the swastika say he came from Eastern Europe and is scared that Trudeau is acting like a Nazi.  Trudeau saying the opposition is standing with people carrying swastika flags is one of the most cynical smear campaigns in Canadian history.  

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's not a lie according to the vast body of medical expertise. 

Then cite some of this expertise, because no one else seems to be able to give any reasons why kids should be force-vaxed.

It's probably none of my business but did you give your kid any choice in the matter?  It must suck that he can't pursue sports the way you did because your politics got in the way.

Politics? Are you on crack? It's not a political decision to jab my son with a dangerous serum which offers him no benefit.

My own personal decision wasn't 'political', but it was 'pro-freedom'. 

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Then cite some of this expertise, because no one else seems to be able to give any reasons why kids should be force-vaxed. 

Of course no one is able to give reasons to force-vax kids because it's against the law.  Christ you're as dumb as a dog's dick when it comes to injecting such meaningless terms into a discussion.

Politics? Are you on crack? It's not a political decision to jab my son with a dangerous serum which offers him no benefit.

My own personal decision wasn't 'political', but it was 'pro-freedom'. 

How scientifical.

33 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You saw the clip of the guy saying he heard the man carrying the swastika say he came from Eastern Europe and is scared that Trudeau is acting like a Nazi.  Trudeau saying the opposition is standing with people carrying swastika flags is one of the most cynical smear campaigns in Canadian history.  

You could just disavow the carrying of Nazi flags, instead of excusing it by claiming the guy (through hearsay, no less) is from  Eastern Europe and he thought it was some statement against Trudeau.  

Trudeau saying the opposition is standing with people carrying swastika flags is one of the most cynical smear campaigns in Canadian history.  

i agree, Trudeau has not helped the situation at all; he's been over-the-top in his statements rather than responding in a measured manner.