Referendum on Mandates?

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I’m in favour of getting ending mandates….  But just not yet.  How would I have voted in the poll?

It's time to grow a pair and move on. Can't let those who want to live in a state of perpetual fear continue to impose nonsense on the rest of us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

No idea.  And I don’t think it even matters.  

Should we only look at popular opinion when it comes to dealing with a pandemic?

I mean didn't we do that with masks? We knew from the beginning they were useless but enough Karens called their mla to finally get them to mandate the muzzle

5 minutes ago, West said:

The science does not justify the level of government intrusion into people's lives. It's time to move on. If you want to live afraid of covid, go into your bunker. Let the rest of us move on with our lives and stop treating us as prisoners and plague rats

Do you believe in the scientific consensus on climate change?

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you believe in the scientific consensus on climate change?

What does climate change have to do with anything? 

We were told whe 70% got the vaxx we would go back to normal. So let's drop the chin rag and leave it up to the individual how much risk they want to assume like pretty much everything else in life

2 minutes ago, West said:

What does climate change have to do with anything? 

We were told whe 70% got the vaxx we would go back to normal. So let's drop the chin rag and leave it up to the individual how much risk they want to assume like pretty much everything else in life

It’s the science that’s important.  If you, as a climate change denier don’t believe the scientists, why would I ever trust your judgement to interpret the science for vaccines/pandemics?

Edited by TreeBeard

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

It’s the science that’s important.  If you, as a climate change denier don’t believe the scientists, why would I ever trust your judgement to interpret the science for vaccines/pandemics?

If you believe that a cloth rag on your face is going to stop you from getting sick, why should I trust your judgment with my health? 

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Wear all the masks you like.  Make your informed decisions about your health and don’t you dare try to dictate my health protections or anyone else’s.  

You can participate in extreme sports like skydiving, but don't you dare go into Walmart without the face rag

12 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

You tell me what the mandates are supposed to do?

1. Tattoo you for one...electronically in a way different than we're used to. Let yourself be tracked...essentially. They'd like to know exactly what you do...if they want to.

2. Introduce...forever...a social credit system as found in China where you're deemed either a good or bad citizen and given rights accordingly.

3. Restrict travel and association so you can't conspire to end one and two....ever. Big Brother is watching you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Adding more requirements to the passports (i.e. third vaccination) will just prove what everyone opposed to mandates is saying: 

I agree and that’s why they can’t go that route. There will be a considerable amount of people that won’t get the third shot and will be added to the unvaxxed list which would tip the scales. Instead they stick with the current definition and let people believe that their 6 month plus vaccine is actually doing something to stop spread even though the “science” says it doesn’t

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How is a small vocal minority who do not want health regulations a national crisis?

Should we have a referendum on seatbelts if enough truckers clog up the streets demanding “no seatbelts”?

There is a small minority that believes in no vaccines... however ending the mandates is not a small minority, but has more than 50 % support from Canadians and growing...

I was under the understanding that the government did nothing unless it had public support. have they taken action on police cut backs or other emergency cut backs, have they maintained our military forces as per NATO agreements, all not popular with Canadians... but nessicary to maintain law and order, but they tilt towards public opinion. 

11 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Capital under siege?  I will grant you some hyperbole…. When there’s a siege by a small minority looking to take over governance from the democratically elected authorities, should the strategy be appeasement?

"A group looking to take over governance" now look who is exaggerating now, camping out in front of parliament is hardly looking to take over the country, never mind laying siege to the capitol... That is what our media has been pushing " this is the end of times, there is no hope, the police can not do anything, we are helpless...call the army....

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

"A group looking to take over governance" now look who is exaggerating now, camping out in front of parliament is hardly looking to take over the country, never mind laying siege to the capitol... That is what our media has been pushing " this is the end of times, there is no hope, the police can not do anything, we are helpless...call the army....

The Canadian Left is actually hoping for their very own Tiananmen Square. Only they'd like you to drive the tank for them, AG.

• Like 1