Political Scams

West

58 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Where did I say I believed there were WMDs.  There you go again making things up.   At the time, before the Americans actually went into Iraq, likely everyone believed what the media told them about WMDs.  However, if you had read my comments closely, I said the justification for the Americans staying in Iraq was not the WMDs but it was al Qaida pouring into Iraq to fight the Americans.  So they had good reason to be there as part of the war on terrorism.  Why is it lefties seem to support anti-Americanism?

The US has not had a constitutionally declared war since WWII.  There was no justification, but we can always come up with a jingoistic rationale.  

18 hours ago, West said:

In your opinion, which has been the largest politically driven scams in our history?

1. Y2K

2. Iraq War

3 Trump/Russia collusion

4. Covid

5. Other

Iraq/Afghanistan and even Libya tops it.

Covid a not-so-distant second place.

The uselessness of the invasions/regime changes caused more destructions and impacted lives of the ones impacted way more than the coof.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Iraq war was not a scam.  Were you aware that al Qaida terrorists travelled to Iraq by the thousands from all over the middle east when the Americans were there for the sole purpose of fighting the American great Satan.  al Qaeda is just a branch of ISIS.   Who do you think the Americans were fighting against in Iraq?   

I'll tell you why. The sanctions placed by American on the country was sending it broke. In retaliation, Hussein put oil on the market very cheap. he had to be stopped so america attacked to protect the oil industry oligarchs in America. 

Have you heard of the war against terrorism after 9-11?  That was what the war in Iraq was all about. 

It was not. See above.  There  was nothing found thrre to support the 9/11 attacks. In fact they invented an excuse, WMD, to justify the attack. 

Surprising how widespread ignorance is on the subject of the Iraq war.

Oh the irony of you saying that. 

Only a person dead would believe America cares about the freedom of people. Why don't they attack north Korea or China? There's no freedom there. 

Let's not wander into that ignorance area. 

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Where did I say I believed there were WMDs.  There you go again making things up.   At the time, before the Americans actually went into Iraq, likely everyone believed what the media told them about WMDs.  However, if you had read my comments closely, I said the justification for the Americans staying in Iraq was not the WMDs but it was al Qaida pouring into Iraq to fight the Americans.  So they had good reason to be there as part of the war on terrorism.  Why is it lefties seem to support anti-Americanism?

Why is it un researched ignorance is now passing for fact? 

If your assumption is correct, why did republicans smash the capitol building attempting to destroy democracy? Was that not un American? Was it not a feeble attempt to install a dictator who wanted complete  control over every thing even democracy? 

I'm beginning to think you don't think straight most of the time. 

I'll be following you to see if you improve. 

Recently the liberal government boosted about the fact that unemployment was well under the pre pandemic levels, in fact more people were working than ever before. I had asked this question before if that was the case more people working than ever before why is there a labor shortage one would think that it would be opposite more workers looking for scarce jobs.. When today we have more jobs than people. 

.. a few days ago the liberal government announced new CERB benefits at 2000.00 a month...which again, why ? if all the people that were working are now back to work who is getting all this cash.   Did we all of sudden gain all these workers out of no where, where did they come from...or are they just staying home saying f*** it pay for me to stay home ?  considering more business have failed during this period of time than new start ups so it's not like a shit tonne of new business have started up requiring a huge demand for workers.... Anybody else think this is a bit wonky

You guys do know that WMD include nukes, Chemical wpns, Bio wpns. And in Iraq tons upon tons of chemical wpns where found in various locations across the country. plus they also found chemical wpns production plants to make several types of nerve gases ( including VX), blister agent, blood agent, mustard agents, he had some of the worlds most dangerous chemical agents in the world. to which he used on the people of Iraq, Iran, and the Kurdish population. 

And while they did not find any nukes or nuclear material they did find trace amounts of radiation in some warehouses, just becasue they did not find any does not mean they did not exist... they are just now finding remnants of the Iraqi air force buried in the sand even today. 

I'm not saying Sadams nuke program did not exist, they already knew that it did, they just did not find any nuke material so it is neither proven or unproven. But chemical wpns were found in several dozen locations and lots of it...something else he denied having...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, H B Lowrey said:

The US has not had a constitutionally declared war since WWII.  There was no justification, but we can always come up with a jingoistic rationale.  

Are you a lefty?   We have enough of them in Canada undermining our western alliance to defend the west against Communism and the march of political Islam.  Why do you think the west went into Afghanistan?  Bet you can't answer that.

2 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

The possibility of war with Iran exists now more than ever too.  Iran is believed to be building nuclear weapons which will be a serious threat to Israel and others.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Are you a lefty?   We have enough of them in Canada undermining our western alliance to defend the west against Communism and the march of political Islam.  Why do you think the west went into Afghanistan?  Bet you can't answer that.

I cannot answer why you think "the west" went into Afghanistan, no.  What did "the west" win?  Does political christianity light you up like political islam?  Are you a "righty"?

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The possibility of war with Iran exists now more than ever too.  Iran is believed to be building nuclear weapons which will be a serious threat to Israel and others.

Well if they're not, a lie should suffice, always has before.  I don't gaf about Israel any more so than any other nation on the planet.

2 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

That requirement is imbedded in US law, and there has not been any president or anyone else charged or brought to court for breaking it ever. There has been additional laws to limit the presidents power since , but then again no one has ever been charged in a court of law for taking the us into a conflict.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

That requirement is imbedded in US law, and there has not been any president or anyone else charged or brought to court for breaking it ever. There has been additional laws to limit the presidents power since , but then again no one has ever been charged in a court of law for taking the us into a conflict.  

Exactly.  The whole "we are a nation of laws" shtick laid bare as pure unadulterated bullshit.  But one example.

29 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

I cannot answer why you think "the west" went into Afghanistan, no.  What did "the west" win?  Does political christianity light you up like political islam?  Are you a "righty"?

So you're ok with the 9-11 attack on the west that killed at least 3,000 Americans and some others?  You're ok with al Qaeda attacking the west and you don't see the difference between western democracies/ freedom based on Judeo-Christianity and Islamic countries with radical Islam in control.  Or more likely you just like to argue about everything.   Or do you really think nothing should have been done about al Qaeda attacking the west?

Edited by blackbird

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You would have liked Canada to go on the basis of Powell's cartoons or gin up some other pretext on the fly the way blacbird did at his convenience?

You think 9-11 killing 3,000 people was just a pretext to go to war against radical Islamic jihadists?  Do you even believe 9-11 was a terrorist attack on the west?  I hope your parents don't let you play with matches.  

Edited by blackbird

I'm glad Canada did not get involved in that mess, for lots of reasons, Iraq military forces had better equipment than we did, and they were combat veterans, and no one with in the allied wanted to baby sit us, which is why they limited Canada's involvement to providing a medical unit, with it's own force protection, which was busy processing Iraq prisoners of war that walked into their lines (gulf war II). Plus we also provided F-18 combat air patrols, it would be note worthy to say the Iraqi air force dissolved in the first days of combat so we could not get into any trouble in the air...plus we did not have any guided munitions, plus the fact that our radios on our planes were to old and they could not talk or listen to other allied aircraft...the Liberal government at the time had said there was to much risk, and instead said we could go and fight goat herders instead they had no planes or tanks. Canada losses would have been alot more in Iraq.

And Powel was the salesmen, not the commander in charge,  he was doing was he was told to. 

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You think 9-11 killing 3,000 people was just a pretext to go to war against radical Islamic jihadists?  Do you even believe 9-11 was a terrorist attack on the west?  I hope your parents don't let you play with matches.  

Are you suggesting Iraq had something to do with 9/11?

I hope you're not a 5 star general with access to powerful weapons.

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So you're ok with the 9-11 attack on the west that killed at least 3,000 Americans and some others?  You're ok with al Qaeda attacking the west and you don't see the difference between western democracies/ freedom based on Judeo-Christianity and Islamic countries with radical Islam in control.  Or more likely you just like to argue about everything.   Or do you really think nothing should have been done about al Qaeda attacking the west?

I don't get how you think dropping Saddam, who the west had partnered with as well as Bin Laden, did anything about 9/11.  Or Afghanistan for that matter.  And given how the US is so cavalier about 860,100 american COVID deaths and counting, 3000 seems paltry in comparison.  

As for the adherents of the 3 male dominator god religions vomited up in the middle east being unable to live with each other in peace, I don't think they want to.  They've/you've had plenty of time to work on that.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Yes, and that's even more disturbing.

perhaps, but no one is going to shed any tears for Sadam and is merry gang of thugs, the world is a far greater place without him in it... And the worlds policemen decided he had to go, so poof no more bullies in the middle east. 

36 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

Exactly.  The whole "we are a nation of laws" shtick laid bare as pure unadulterated bullshit.  But one example.

laws and presidential powers aside, perhaps the world would be a better place with dictators running around invading other countries, i mean that was what all those conflicts were about right the US playing the worlds cop...do you see the world being a better place with these aggressors free to do what they want.