CPC in trouble

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And the irony is that the people who spew that stuff don't seem to want democracy anyway - they want Canada to elect a government that will push a fringe view that isn't supported by 95% of voters.

Pragmatic Conservative governments have been the most enduring and most popular governments elected.  I believe Mulroney won over 50% of the vote.   They are better because they HAVE to be.  They are competing against a party that sits in the centre and wins election largely by advertising campaigns and image.  

Mulroney was a cuck, he out Liberaled the Liberals

that's why he won, and that's why he was popular

"pragmatic conservative" is merely a Canadian euphemism for a liberal wearing blue

all roads lead to the Liberal Party of Canada

Mulroney is a prime example of that

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What is the point of a "conservative" party that will intentionally lose elections. You want a "conservative" party that will be no different than the NDP; stuck in the wilderness of ideological purity.

Better to have a conservative opposition party that stands up for righteous principles and not just an echo chamber of the corrupt liberals and left.

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So you don’t believe in democracy. How you propose selecting a government?

Democracy per se does not necessarily bring an honest good government as we see in Canada repeatedly.  It's who is in government and what they believe that determines whether you have a good honest government or not.  Many bad governments have been democratically elected.  So it also depends on the kind of people electing them.

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So you are happy to have another 20 years of Prime Minister Trudeau?

No, but I don't think a conservative party should compromise and become like liberals just to get elected.  If Canadians want to elect corrupt immoral governments, that is their choice.  They will have to live with the consequences.

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Democracy per se does not necessarily bring an honest good government as we see in Canada repeatedly.  It's who is in government and what they believe that determines whether you have a good honest government or not.  Many bad governments have been democratically elected.  So it also depends on the kind of people electing them.

Rule #1 in democratic politics: the voter is always right. If you find yourself in disagreement with the voters, you are wrong.

18 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So you don’t believe in democracy. How you propose selecting a government?

since you use the term cuck, am I correct in presuming you prefer a strong leader, perhaps a dictator?

I believe democracy is overrated

it is useful for a peaceful transfer of power

and a veto on representatives passing some bad legislation that happens to be wildly unpopular to a lesser extent

but it also comes with a lot of baggage

the mob is not wise and it never will be

it supports all kinds of stupid shit

they should be restrained by constitutionally protected freedoms that the mob can't infringe on

even if that infringement is popular

those who place democracy above liberty and the will of the mob over constitutional protections

are clearly fools of the highest order

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I believe democracy is overrated

it is useful for a peaceful transfer of power

and a veto on representatives passing some bad legislation that happens to be wildly unpopular to a lesser extent

but it also comes with a lot of baggage

the mob is not wise and it never will be

it supports all kinds of stupid shit

they should be restrained by constitutionally protected freedoms that the mob can't infringe on

even if that infringement is popular

those who place democracy above liberty and the will of the mob over constitutional protections

are clearly fools of the highest order

That is a sentiment of the mob that invaded my family’s home in Boston. The mob robbed them and burned them out, driving them into exile. These proto-antifa thugs called themselves “the sons of liberty.” My family’s crime was to be conservatives.

Edited by Queenmandy85
Crazy automatic spell check

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is a sentiment of the mob that invaded my family’s home in Boston. The mob robbed them and burned them out, driving them into exile. These protocols-antics thugs called themselves “the sons of liberty.” My family’s crime was to be conservatives.

the Declaration of Independence is the light of civilization

I side with it, not against it

God Bless America

Edited by Yzermandius19

19 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is a sentiment of the mob that invaded my family’s home in Boston. The mob robbed them and burned them out, driving them into exile. These protocols-antics thugs called themselves “the sons of liberty.” My family’s crime was to be conservatives.

Democracy has some positive sides and some negative sides.  It is a fallible worldly system that can be exploited by crooked politicians and crooked people.  Even if it is far from a perfect system, it is better than dictatorships, and better than Communist systems where the people have no freedom.

We often see the down side of democracy in this country with the election of questionable people and the immoral laws and decisions they often make.  We see the problems with the scandals such as the SNC JWR scandal, the WE charity scandal, the serious problems we have in foreign affairs with certain other countries.  We see the problems with the vast waste of money, the madness of carbon taxation which accomplishes nothing.  Speaking of the WE charity scandal involving the Trudeaus, did you see the Fifth Estate program last night about WE charity and how they use donated money in Kenya, Africa.  They tried to silence Fifth Estate and others who spoke out.  Go on the internet and watch that program.  Yet Trudeau was planning to give them 900 millions dollars of taxpayer money to distribute for some cause.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So I am wrong about all the corruption and scandals of the Liberals and those who elected them?

No, but at least a Liberal Cabinet Minister prevented SNC getting a deferred prosecution and they cut ties when the WE affair was exposed by your "fake " news broadcaster. Mr. O'Toole is, in my opinion, more competent than Prime Minister Trudeau. If we give him the chance, he will defeat Prime Minister Trudeau, or who ever is leading the Grits, in the next election. The Liberals keep getting elected because the CPC has failed to put forward a better leader.

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, if it's conservatives who are the 'bad guys', Blackbird says gently (and correctly, imo):  Democracy has some positive sides and some negative sides.  It is a fallible worldly system that can be exploited by crooked politicians and crooked people. 

But if it's liberals who are the 'bad guys', Blackbird says very unkind things (and very wrong things, imo):  If Canadians want to elect corrupt immoral governments, that is their choice. and liberal voters are too dumb to know what they are doing and  corruption and scandals of the Liberals and those who elected them.

Blackbird seems to believe that the occasional Conservative/conservative might sometimes be crooked, but that all Liberals/liberals are immoral and corrupt all the time.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is maybe the #1 sign that somebody has no political sense.  They use code words like this to signal each other as to their ideological purity but such words mean nothing to normal people....

it simply means that they cave to the opposition's demands and betray what they claim are their core principles in the process

if you have no core principles, that isn't something to celebrate, if that is what you call pragmatism, you shouldn't be taken seriously

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, but at least a Liberal Cabinet Minister prevented SNC getting a deferred prosecution and they cut ties when the WE affair was exposed by your "fake " news broadcaster. Mr. O'Toole is, in my opinion, more competent than Prime Minister Trudeau. If we give him the chance, he will defeat Prime Minister Trudeau, or who ever is leading the Grits, in the next election.

Yeah, I was in favor of a Conservative minority last election.  I prefer minorities because it requires parties to work together; I don't like one party having unfettered power, even if it's just for four years.  

The Liberals keep getting elected because the CPC has failed to put forward a better leader.

And they tend to cater to the extremists within their supporters, which doesn't always engender a sense of trust from centrists.  Towards the end of the campaign, O'Toole did start to show some backbone in regards to that aspect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Interestingly, if it's conservatives who are the 'bad guys', Blackbird says gently (and correctly, imo):  Democracy has some positive sides and some negative sides.  It is a fallible worldly system that can be exploited by crooked politicians and crooked people. 

But if it's liberals who are the 'bad guys', Blackbird says very unkind things (and very wrong things, imo):  If Canadians want to elect corrupt immoral governments, that is their choice. and liberal voters are too dumb to know what they are doing and  corruption and scandals of the Liberals and those who elected them.

Blackbird seems to believe that the occasional Conservative/conservative might sometimes be crooked, but that all Liberals/liberals are immoral and corrupt all the time.

in Canada

they both are corrupt all the time

Canadians love corruption and enthusiastically vote for it

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Then, by your own words, you are not a conservative. 

I conserve the Declaration of Independence and the liberties enshrined in the bill of rights

I don't conserve America Derangement Syndrome

that is not conservative

America conserves what is important, Canada does not and is in fact knee jerk reactionary against it

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1