The Boomer Flu

4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But yeah, when you're confining people to their neighborhoods, demanding papers, segregating one group for more special abuses, having thugs enforce your rulings with beatings and so on you're getting Nazi. At least early Nazi.

Some people are pointing out that this was the start of the Nazi oppression of the Jews.  But it wasn't.  It was actually a few steps in.

13 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Is it? Hasn't Aristides been telling us for the last few pages how the vaccines will protect us from the virus and everything is all sunshine and lollypops if we just take the vaccine?

But apparently 34% of deaths are vaccinated  so there goes that little utopia of the vaccinated fantasy.

From those copy/paste numbers, can we agree that 29.7 + 0.4 is not 34% fully vaxxed?  Let’s round it to 30% of deaths are fully vaxxed.

30% of deaths vs 70% not fully vaxxed.

74% of Albertans fully vaxxed.

So would you agree that statistically, if you are fully vaxxed your chance of death is much less than those who are not?

8 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Please, absolutely hold me to the same standard.  I tend not to diminish the holocaust when trying to make a point.

Why do you feel the need to?  

The holocaust was many things. Among them it was a warning to future generations. "DON'T START DOWN THIS ROAD!"

You know...like what Australia is doing.

As to me holding you to this saintly standard you tell me you as a paragon of metaphor free, technical truth exemplify...done. Not that I needed your permission.

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Some people are pointing out that this was the start of the Nazi oppression of the Jews.  But it wasn't.  It was actually a few steps in.

? If only the Jews had realized they need only engage in a single, socially responsible action, they could have avoided being slaughtered.

Imagine comparing someone's inability to attend a few public places to being rounded up, taken to camps, starved, tortured and killed.  

These anti-vaccine arguments are getting dumber by the minute.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

The holocaust was many things. Among them it was a warning to future generations. "DON'T START DOWN THIS ROAD!"

You know...like what Australia is doing.

Do you think comparing COVID lockdowns to killing Jews makes your argument stronger?

Do you see how people might see it more as minimizing what happened to Jews in the Holocaust?

As to me holding you to this saintly standard you tell me you as a paragon of metaphor free, technical truth exemplify...done. Not that I needed your permission.

Do you think it’s your use of metaphors that I am questioning?  I use metaphors all the time. 

Just not ones that minimize the horror of the killing of millions of Jewish people.

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

From those copy/paste numbers, can we agree that 29.7 + 0.4 is not 34% fully vaxxed?  Let’s round it to 30% of deaths are fully vaxxed.

30% of deaths vs 70% not fully vaxxed.

74% of Albertans fully vaxxed.

So would you agree that statistically, if you are fully vaxxed your chance of death is much less than those who are not?

Oh, take your technicality of 30 not 34, if we insist on fully vaccinated, and drop it on the doorstep of the 30 or 34% of those who lost vaccinated loved ones. See if they care.

I would agree that at this point in the wave in Alberta the stats appear to show fewer fully vaxxed dying than unvaxxed but that wasn't what Aristides was suggesting and what I was talking about. 

He was suggesting if you vaxxed you were safe and therefore had no need of an effective therapeutic like monoclonal antibodies.

Would you agree he is wrong about that.

8 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think comparing COVID lockdowns to killing Jews makes your argument stronger?

The effect is more immediately striking maybe and seems to have the desired effect.

Witness how desperate it has made you to divert from the point by isolating the talk of Nazis and pretending that was the point. 

It wasn't. The authoritarian measures instituted in Australia are outrageous and apparently not even necessary. That was the point.

You should check in with the guys who have been trying to divert me from the point concerning the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies to see how that strategy has been working out for them. 

Or you could just keep talking about your Nazis.;)

27 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If only the Jews had realized they need only engage in a single, socially responsible action, they could have avoided being slaughtered.

They had their human rights taken away.  Over lies.

You do not agree that choosing our own medical procedures is a human right?  I suspect that you would have been one of the ones agreeing with forced sterilizations of Indigenous people, as well.  You know, for the greater good of society.

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The effect is more immediately striking maybe and seems to have the desired effect.

Witness how desperate it has made you to divert from the point by isolating the talk of Nazis and pretending that was the point. 

It wasn't. The authoritarian measures instituted in Australia are outrageous and apparently not even necessary. That was the point.

Divert from the point?  I thought the point was that Australia is like the Nazis.  Maybe you could leave the Nazis out of your arguments, if you think it might be distracting from your valid points?

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You do not agree that choosing our own medical procedures is a human right?  I suspect that you would have been one of the ones agreeing with forced sterilizations of Indigenous people, as well.  You know, for the greater good of society.

You think measures that try to limit a communicable disease are being done for the same motivations as sterilizing indigenous people? 

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Divert from the point?  I thought the point was that Australia is like the Nazis.  Maybe you could leave the Nazis out of your arguments, if you think it might be distracting from your valid points?

In China, they are forcibly grabbing people off the street and injecting them if they don't have the right papers.

Do you agree or disagree with that?

Is that what you want to see in Canada?  Because that's where this is heading.

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You think measures that try to limit a communicable disease are being done for the same motivations as sterilizing indigenous people? 

There are lots of avenues to curb communicable diseases.  Vaccination is one of them.  Obviously it's not a panacea because a third of the deaths are amongst vaxxed people.  And frankly, in the last 3 months, I've had to quarantine 3 times for possible covid contact.  All three times, it was fully vaxxed people who were the spreaders.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Here's a word for you:. Consequences.  

You have the right to refuse the vaccine; doing so results in consequences.  The potential consequences are:.

1:. More likely than vaccinated people to get sick, go to the hospital, get put on a ventilator, suffer long haul Covid, die.

2.  Be prevented from going places where you might spread or more easily contract the virus due to your unvaccinated state.

Choices have consequences, even when you don't like those consequences.  

Unlike you, Jews had no choice at all.

BTW, nowhere here am I suggesting you should be shot or denied medical care.  Only that you accept the consequences of choice 

If you are one of the very few who cannot be vaccinated, then my heart goes out to you that you are caught in the same group as those who choose to remain unvaccinated.  OTOH, if you are already that vulnerable, you are probably not interested in going anywhere the virus might be, anyway.

My heart also goes out to people who must check vaccines and workers who are abused by anti-vax idiots.

But if you've let yourself be misled by anti-vax propaganda, then don't cry when your gullibility bites you in the a$$.  

Just now, Goddess said:

In China, they are forcibly grabbing people off the street and injecting them if they don't have the right papers.

Do you agree or disagree with that?

I agree that’s what they are doing.  I saw that on a Human Rights publication that I read.

Is that what you want to see in Canada?  Because that's where this is heading.

No, that’s not what I want to see in Canada.

Why would you think it’s heading that way?  Why would you think that would be allowable in Canada?

Just now, dialamah said:

1:. More likely than vaccinated people to get sick, go to the hospital, get put on a ventilator, suffer long haul Covid, die.

True.  Bust it's MOST likely - over 99% actually - that they will not.

Vaccination gives a margin of extra protection.  So do a lot of other things.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

But if you've let yourself be misled by anti-vax propaganda, then don't cry when your gullibility bites you in the a$$.

I guess time will tell.  But I have a very strong feeling that you are going to end up on the wrong side of history on this one. Taking away of human rights is a fast slippery slope.  And again, obvious you and others are being mislead as to the efficacy of the vaccines.

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Be prevented from going places where you might spread or more easily contract the virus due to your unvaccinated state.

Should you also be prevented from going places?  Your vaccinated state is no guarantee that you are not a spreader.  You want a guarantee, right?  Isn't that what you're after?

Edited by Goddess

19 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

No the point was just as I told you:

"The authoritarian measures instituted in Australia are outrageous and apparently not even necessary."

It was no more specifically about the Nazis than the next metaphor you use will be specifically and technically about that.

But yes, the authoritarian left in Australia is starting to head down a similar road to the one the Nazis went down.

We can hope for two things that Australians learn the lessons my Jewish ancestors should have learned and stop it now before it goes any further. Also we can hope Canada does not follow Australia's lead down that unreasoning road to totalitarianism.

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Really?  Governments are trying to eradicate a people based on their race with these COVID measures?

How about you answer the question.  Do you think it's okay for human rights to be removed if a government and media deem it to be in society's best interest?

Many agreed with sterilizing Indigenous people because the government and whatever media at the time convinced them it was for the best.  History has proved them wrong and immoral.

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There are lots of avenues to curb communicable diseases.  Vaccination is one of them.  Obviously it's not a panacea because a third of the deaths are amongst vaxxed people.  And frankly, in the last 3 months, I've had to quarantine 3 times for possible covid contact. 

Wow, three times!  My friend, who is much more social than I am, has been exposed once, but because she's double vaccinated, she was told her risk was low, no need to quarantine.   Still, her daughter and some friends chose to avoid her anyway.

The person who exposed her was her trainer, a young healthy guy who didn't think he needed to be vaccinated.

All three times, it was fully vaxxed people who were the spreaders.

Given the inaccuracies of your previous posting history, I'm inclined to take this with a huge grain of salt.

Anyway, if you are being exposed on a monthly basis, I'm worried about you - especially with your heart condition.  Covid is really hard on the heart.  I might think you are extremely misguided, but wouldn't want anything to happen to you.

Edited by dialamah

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

My friend, who is much more social than I am, has been exposed once, but because she's double vaccinated, she was told her risk was low, no need to quarantine.   

So are you starting to figure out then, why in the early weeks of a Canadian variant wave fewer of the vaccinated make the stat for hospitalized? Think they might get sent home and not spend a night or two under observation?

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why would you think it’s heading that way?  Why would you think that would be allowable in Canada?

Because of the attitudes you are displaying and promoting.

Right now, during a pandemic, nurses who want to exercise their human right to bodily autonomy are being fired.  Why do you think so many of them are doing this?  Do you think part of it may be because they see that the media is deliberately misleading people as to the efficacy of the vaccines and recognize that the vaccine isn't doing what it's supposed to do?

Right now, people are losing their jobs for the same reason.  In Canada. Fearmongerers like yourself, are cheering.  

The slippery slope is that the government is preparing ghetto camps for the unvaxxed.  And the vaxxed are cheering.

You see absolutely NO similarities?  One group of people had their human rights removed because of race.  Another group is experiencing the same because they choose to exercise an already established human right.

Don't forget, when that right to medical bodily autonomy is taken away from some, that same tyranny can and will be used against yourself at another point in time.

I get that you are terrified of unvaxxed people.  The same way Germans were terrified of Jews.  But I don't believe that unvaxxed people should be treated as if they are infected.  It seems that some of you do not have the mental capacity to understand the difference between unvaccinated and infected. Or to understand the future ramifications of what you are advocating for now.

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

So are you starting to figure out then, why in the early weeks of a Canadian variant wave fewer of the vaccinated make the stat for hospitalized? Think they might get sent home and not spend a night or two under observation?

She's not sick, so why would she need hospitalization?  Only sick people go to hospitals and only the VERY sick stay there.  The mildly sick get sent home, vaccinated or not.  

But I guess assuming everything is a big hoax helps you sleep better or something, so fill your boots.