Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

31 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the British are clearly better than most

Don't know.  You have to ask each and every indigenous group in each and every Commonwealth country and see what they have to say.

Check with the Irish and Scottish first.

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You make claims with absolutely no proof.  Meaningless.

All the proof is in the media. See how some indigenous people were enticed to give up their heritage and aboriginal rights in exchange for keeping their kids with them, instead of the latter being sent to a Residential school.

You wipe out the kids of one culturally diverse group and in a generation or two , the group is gone; this is what genocide is.   You do not need to shoot 'em in the head with a 22 gauge.

Why do I have to explain the very obvious to you?? Aren't you a bit embarrassed?

17 minutes ago, cougar said:

Don't know.  You have to ask each and every indigenous group in each and every Commonwealth country and see what they have to say.

Check with the Irish and Scottish first.

the indigenous were treated worse by others than they were by the British, including by themselves

Ireland and Scotland are very well off countries, because of their links with Britain

those who lived under British rule faired far better than those who lived under the rule of others

you might be unaware of that fact, but the historical record is quite clear

those who beg to differ are talking out of their ass

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

those who beg to differ are talking out of their ass

As I said, things are not as clear to me as they seem to you.

Maybe we should go to Cameroun and see how Africans there were treated by the French, then go to Uganda to see how they were treated by the British, then to Mozambique to see how the Portuguese treated them. And we can go to South America too - predominantly Spanish with the exception of the Falkland Islands , Guyana , the Dutch Antiles- Aruba.   

I was very intrigued by some facts while reading on the pirates in the Caribbeans - how some of those pirates received honorable titles for their raids of pillage, plunder and massacre over the Spanish fleets carrying gold to Europe.  It can be argued the Spanish got the gold by some unfair means too, but still, doesn't look good.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, taxme said:

Calling white people "white trash" is racist. So, you must be an anti-white racist, eh? Would you dare call a non-white person of color "trash"? No, you would not dare to do so. Only white people can be racist. BS. 

There has been many non-whites that have been brought into Canada who have been committing many many gang related crimes. You even said yourself that Middle Eastern men are committing crimes in Ottawa. There has been plenty of gang related shootings and murders by East Indian drug gangs here in BC these past few years. It certainly does not look to me that some of these East Asians are hard working and honest to goodness law abiding citizen's.

It is incredible how you distort what i said. I called those gangsters from Russia, Eastern Europe and Bosnia who are involved in worse crimes like drug trafficking, human trafficking, murder, prostitution and pimping as white trash and yes any black person or colored person who is involved in human trafficking, drug trafficking, forcing prostitution and pimping as black or colored trash as well. The trash referred to whoever commits evil acts not skin color but you knew it anyway.

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

White immigrants from Europe are not involved in crime.  Your insinuation is pure fiction.  Where did you come from?   Did you hear on the news somebody in Haiti just assassinated the President of Haiti?  Great place!  Haiti has a history of instability, violence and coup d' etat.  Even the liberal CBC admitted that this morning.  Yet how many immigrants or illegal border crossers came in from Haiti?  How many of the Toronto gun criminal's parents or grandparents came from Haiti? Those are the kind of places that should be on the ban list.  Trump had the right idea when he closed the borders to certain countries.  Those are the exact kind of places Canada gets a lot of it's immigrants from.  

Eastern European gang related crimes, their involvement in human trafficking and drug trafficking and forced prostitution is a fiction? I think you live in a fictitious world of your own.

I have no problem with strict control on who enters Canada including banning individuals who may have been involved in crimes. But we cannot ban the entire nation because some percentage of them are involved in crime. Btw, US presidents have been assassinated too. Do we ban immigrants from the US.

35 minutes ago, cougar said:

All the proof is in the media. See how some indigenous people were enticed to give up their heritage and aboriginal rights in exchange for keeping their kids with them, instead of the latter being sent to a Residential school.

You wipe out the kids of one culturally diverse group and in a generation or two , the group is gone; this is what genocide is.   You do not need to shoot 'em in the head with a 22 gauge.

Why do I have to explain the very obvious to you?? Aren't you a bit embarrassed?

Gen means people.  Cide mean killing.  Use the correct language to describe events.  Forbidding the use of certain languages and cultural practices is what you mean, though I’m not sure that was system-wide in residential schools.  Maybe.  Again though, the educators were English or French speakers.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Gen means people.  Cide mean killing.  Use the correct language to describe events.  

"Gen" will mean a specific group of people - a tribe or a race - something distinctly different.

"Cide" could mean killing.

Killing a nation or a group of people doesn't need to be done through actual killing.

Although it is beyond the point getting hung up on this, I will insist, the context I used the word in matches its definition.

3 minutes ago, cougar said:

"Gen" will mean a specific group of people - a tribe or a race - something distinctly different.

"Cide" could mean killing.

Killing a nation or a group of people doesn't need to be done through actual killing.

Although it is beyond the point getting hung up on this, I will insist, the context I used the word in matches its definition.

So can people be put on trial for metaphorical murder?   That would be a first.  Killing is killing. 

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

So can people be put on trial for metaphorical murder?   That would be a first.  Killing is killing. 

I believe the kids were murdered, one way or another.  If you cared about them once you have 10 dead, you will do all it takes to prevent the other 190 from dying on you.  If you however believe "the less of them, the better", you let it slide like what was done.

Is this now enough to justify my use of "genocide"  ??

1 hour ago, cougar said:

I believe the kids were murdered, one way or another.  If you cared about them once you have 10 dead, you will do all it takes to prevent the other 190 from dying on you.  If you however believe "the less of them, the better", you let it slide like what was done.

Is this now enough to justify my use of "genocide"  ??

What makes you think any of them were murdered?  Evidence?

2 hours ago, cougar said:

As I said, things are not as clear to me as they seem to you.

Maybe we should go to Cameroun and see how Africans there were treated by the French, then go to Uganda to see how they were treated by the British, then to Mozambique to see how the Portuguese treated them. And we can go to South America too - predominantly Spanish with the exception of the Falkland Islands , Guyana , the Dutch Antiles- Aruba.   

I was very intrigued by some facts while reading on the pirates in the Caribbeans - how some of those pirates received honorable titles for their raids of pillage, plunder and massacre over the Spanish fleets carrying gold to Europe.  It can be argued the Spanish got the gold by some unfair means too, but still, doesn't look good.

if you go there

you'll find the Spanish, Portuguese, French and Belgians treated their colonies worse

and their former colonies are much worse off than former British colonies

things are very clear, you just haven't looked into it, so you ask questions to which the answers are well known

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if you go there

you'll find the Spanish, Portuguese, French and Belgians treated their colonies worse

and their former colonies are much worse off than former British colonies

things are very clear, you just haven't looked into it, so you ask questions to which the answers are well known

They all went there for the same reasons - I'm sure you will agree with this.

Who did what , it was along the lines of stealing natural resources, exploitation of residents, oppression.

I have not heard of mass graves of Tunisians or Algerians in those countries caused by the French, neither of Moroccans transported to France to be slaves.   I did not hear of Spanish hauling ships of African slaves to South America.

Again, all of this is beyond the point.  

Now hear this.  I came here from Eastern Europe believing that, just as you say, the British created a more fair culture for both people, wildlife and the environment.

I AM DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED !     I feel my life is a waste, living in a messed up world of corrupt liars where I can change nothing.

Sorry, you will not find respect from me for the British culture.

I am only puzzled as to where these North American rednecks came from.  You watch British movies and you see those little cars on those little streets and people having some reasonable conversations.

You come here andit is all those big trucks and s thirst for money and nothing else.

Edited by cougar

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

What makes you think any of them were murdered?  Evidence?

If all those are indigenous kids as claimed and you cannot find the same number of white kids buried in the same way in school yards, what would you think?

12 minutes ago, cougar said:

They all went there for the same reasons - I'm sure you will agree with this.

Who did what , it was along the lines of stealing natural resources, exploitation of residents, oppression.

I have not heard of mass graves of Tunisians or Algerians in those countries caused by the French, neither of Moroccans transported to France to be slaves.   I did not hear of Spanish hauling ships of African slaves to South America.

Again, all of this is beyond the point.  

Now hear this.  I came here from Eastern Europe believing that, just as you say, the British created a more fair culture for both people, wildlife and the environment.

I AM DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED !     I feel my life is a waste, living in a messed up world or corrupt liers where I can change nothing.

Sorry, you will not find respect from me for the British culture.

I am only puzzled as to where these North American rednecks came from.  You watch British movies and you see those little cars on those little streets and people having some reasonable conversations.

You come here andit is all those big trucks and s thirst for money and nothing else.

you haven't heard of it, because you didn't look for it

If you think the French, Spanish and Portuguese weren't worse slavers than the British, you don't know history

the British were the first to get rid of slavery and pushed the others to get rid of it

the British also treated the indigenous better than others as well

the British were the least oppressive of the bunch

if you want to claim a false equivalence and play moral relativistic games, because of your disappointment that the British weren't saints

that is not the proper response

if you don't have respect for British culture, then you don't respect any culture

or you respect cultures that were more oppressive than the British, while not respecting the British for engaging in less oppression than anyone else, which makes no sense

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if you want to claim a false equivalence and play moral relativistic games, because of your disappointment that the British weren't perfect, that is not the proper response

My conviction is the British were the best in covering their tracks.   They did things in a more subtle and inconspicuous way, but could be argued , they did the most harm as they covered more area over the World.

Who should I blame for the disappearance of the Dodo bird, the Tasmanian tiger, Tasmanian wolf, the white rhyno and so on and so on.....?

10 minutes ago, cougar said:

My conviction is the British were the best in covering their tracks.   They did things in a more subtle and inconspicuous way, but could be argued , they did the most harm as they covered more area over the World.

Who should I blame for the disappearance of the Dodo bird, the Tasmanian tiger, Tasmanian wolf, the white rhyno and so on and so on.....?

if they hadn't dominated the world, someone else would have

be grateful it was the British, and not their more oppressive competition

if not for them, the world would be a far worse place today

the places the British ruled

are many of the best places to live on the earth

because of them

and those places are far better off than the places ruled by their competition

that isn't a coincidence

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

be grateful it was the British, and not their more oppressive competition

I do have that though tin the back of my mind.  Still doesn't diminish my level of disappointment.

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

there is a better one

right on the border

Obviously subjective and depends how we want to measure it. They got their problems we have ours. Watching some of that shit going on down there on TV, I'd rather have our problems, personally.

I mean hell, they've got Pelosi.

No, my biggest problem is idiots up here imitating America, when it comes to the bad parts of America.

It's like yer BLM, what do we have to do with BLM?

Or not inviting yer police to the gay pride parade because BLM said so, after years of police marching in the parade and protecting their gay asses in the streets, during the era when gay-bashing was considered stylish.

Or yer toppling of statues and re-writing of history to make Canada's past look deplorable.

Or yer Critical Race Theroy (sic)

I will not gloss over Canada's history like some sort of patriot but I know enough to say Canada has been a leader in areas of racial and sexual equality, economic fairness, and tolerance in its laws. The US war on drugs did a lot of damage to families.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Obviously subjective and depends how we want to measure it. They got their problems we have ours. Watching some of that shit going on down there on TV, I'd rather have our problems, personally.

I mean hell, they've got Pelosi.

No, my biggest problem is idiots up here imitating America, when it comes to the bad parts of America.

It's like yer BLM, what do we have to do with BLM?

Or not inviting yer police to the gay pride parade because BLM said so, after years of police marching in the parade and protecting their gay asses in the streets, during the era when gay-bashing was considered stylish.

Or yer toppling of statues and re-writing of history to make Canada's past look deplorable.

Or yer Critical Race Theroy (sic)

I will not gloss over Canada's history like some sort of patriot but I know enough to say Canada has been a leader in areas of racial and sexual equality, economic fairness, and tolerance in its laws. The US war on drugs did a lot of damage to families.

Canada is such a great place to live because of it's proximity and relationship with the most prosperous and powerful nation on the planet and it's British system of governance and culture

that can be a double-edged sword, as Canada imports plenty of the negatives to go with the positives

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Canada is such a great place to live because of it's proximity and relationship with the most prosperous and powerful nation on the planet and it's British system of governance and culture

This powerful nation has been more of an embarrassment in the past 40 years or so.  If I ever wanted to go there I could have done that. But the image they portray is repulsive to me.

To me a great place to live is a place that is stable - stable prices, stable environment, stable temperatures, you can rely on your neighborhood and the forest being there next year and the fish being in the river next year and the neighbor being there for you next year, and the house prices and property taxes being stable.

But this is not what you will find in Canada is, unfortunately.

We have been sold. We are are just a reserve of raw materials.  This is who we are.

Edited by cougar

Many good homegrown things have come from Canada, but the federal government is too good at shooting the country in the foot.  Trudeau thinks he’s being progressive and looking woke by launching inquiries and claiming every crown corporation or government agency except his own office is rife with systemic racism.  He’s actually undermined the country’s unity, pride, and sovereignty.  

23 minutes ago, cougar said:

This powerful nation has been more of an embarrassment in the past 40 years or so.  If I ever wanted to go there I could have done that. But the image they portray is repulsive to me.

To me a great place to live is a place that is stable - stable prices, stable environment, stable temperatures, you can rely on your neighborhood and the forest being there next year and the fish being in the river next year and the neighbor being there for you next year, and the house prices and property taxes being stable.

But this is not what you will find in Canada is, unfortunately.

We have been sold. We are are just a reserve of raw materials.  This is who we are.

you have America Derangement Syndrome and the image that repulses you is a strawman constructed by America haters

when it comes to the ideals you claim to hold, America is better at producing results on those measures than anyone else in the world, despite the propaganda saying otherwise

you weren't only lied to about what Canada is, but what America is as well

Edited by Yzermandius19