George Floyd Bodycam Video Leaked, AG Keith Ellison Wanted it to Remain Hidden.

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Why do you think that there's a 'growing underclass'? Do you think that illegal immigrants are living in the wealthiest neighbourhoods with Pelosi, or do you think that they compete for low-end housing and jobs?

You just answered your own question! This is how LA was ripped apart by black vs latino violence three decades ago, and the same thing happened in many other cities, because too many people just look for a scapegoat when they want vengeance. 

If they were thinking, they would understand that the reason for their loss of bottom level low wage jobs wasn't under the control of desperate migrants looking for a way out of even worse violence, deprivation and misery in the countries where they come from....the US/CIA backed despotic regimes in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador in particular! A tiny group of white kleptocrats have free reign to ruthlessly oppress the majority of people in their countries and are satisfied by skimming a small share of the profits extracted by foreign mining and agribusiness operations that are allowed to plunder their resources. 

Left with no means to effectively fight back against oppression, most young people look to escape, and even taking dangerous, below minimum wage jobs in the worst parts of America is better than remaining and getting stopped by a death squad or narco gang in El Salvador or Honduras.....thanks again Hillary for that last one!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

You just answered your own question! This is how LA was ripped apart by black vs latino violence three decades ago, and the same thing happened in many other cities, because too many people just look for a scapegoat when they want vengeance. 

If they were thinking, they would understand that the reason for their loss of bottom level low wage jobs wasn't under the control of desperate migrants looking for a way out of even worse violence, deprivation and misery in the countries where they come from....the US/CIA backed despotic regimes in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador in particular! A tiny group of white kleptocrats have free reign to ruthlessly oppress the majority of people in their countries and are satisfied by skimming a small share of the profits extracted by foreign mining and agribusiness operations that are allowed to plunder their resources. 

Right RTL. The violence was because of a fake perception that new immigrants were working for less money than people could afford to work for 'on the books', and not because they were finding it harder than ever to make a living or find a home to live in. People just imagined those things. You know that to be true from your cozy couch in Canada. 

Thanks for explaining that. It makes so much sense. 

Left with no means to effectively fight back against oppression, most young people look to escape, and even taking dangerous, below minimum wage jobs in the worst parts of America is better than remaining and getting stopped by a death squad or narco gang in El Salvador or Honduras.....thanks again Hillary for that last one!

You just admitted that new, illegal immigrants take under-the-table jobs, and that they do it for less than Americans can afford to earn 'on the books'. (that was my initial point lol)

Do you not see an obvious contradiction between this paragraph and the beginning of your post? I thought that black Americans were just imagining that the latinos were undercutting them at their places of work. Don't you feel any cognitive dissonance when two mutually exclusive thought like that are pouring out of your head? How did you not notice that? 

"The Americans were just imagining that the new immigrants were undercutting them at their places of work, but the new immigrants were working for less than the minimum wage." B).... :blink:....:unsure: That's what cognitive dissonance looks like, smiley-style, in case you were wondering. 

Edited by WestCanMan

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Right RTL. The violence was because of a fake perception that new immigrants were working for less money than people could afford to work for 'on the books', and not because they were finding it harder than ever to make a living or find a home to live in. People just imagined those things. You know that to be true from your cozy couch in Canada. 

Thanks for explaining that. It makes so much sense. 

You just admitted that new, illegal immigrants take under-the-table jobs, and that they do it for less than Americans can afford to earn 'on the books'. (that was my initial point lol)

Do you not see an obvious contradiction between this paragraph and the beginning of your post? I thought that black Americans were just imagining that the latinos were undercutting them at their places of work. Don't you feel any cognitive dissonance when two mutually exclusive thought like that are pouring out of your head? How did you not notice that? 

"The Americans were just imagining that the new immigrants were undercutting them at their places of work, but the new immigrants were working for less than the minimum wage." B).... :blink:....:unsure: That's what cognitive dissonance looks like, smiley-style, in case you were wondering. 

No, you missed my point again! Sure, African Americans who have been doing the crappy jobs for low money everyone hates have been further undercut when "illegal" migrants move in and take low money under even worse conditions, BUT the solution is not attacking them! It's going to the top and going after the people who are doing the hiring. If the "illegals" had the option to earn equal wages and had union representation and the right to collective bargaining, every worker, regardless of color or origins would be happy! Of course the cigar chomping capitalists wouldn't be so happy, but F*** them!!

2 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

No, you missed my point again! Sure, African Americans who have been doing the crappy jobs for low money everyone hates have been further undercut when "illegal" migrants move in and take low money under even worse conditions, BUT the solution is not attacking them! It's going to the top and going after the people who are doing the hiring. If the "illegals" had the option to earn equal wages and had union representation and the right to collective bargaining, every worker, regardless of color or origins would be happy! Of course the cigar chomping capitalists wouldn't be so happy, but F*** them!!

I never said anyone should attack anyone, I didn't even bring up the fact that they did attack anyone. You did that.

I correctly said that new immigrants are undercutting people for low-end jobs and affordable housing, and corporate America LOVES that. You insinuated that I was wrong, and that my dishonest comment was the kind of thing that caused racial violence, then you told a story which proved that I was actually correct. 

RTL - Middle class and poor people in America will take a big hit under Biden's presidency, but the most heartless Americans at the very top of the food chain don't give a fuck, as evidenced by the fact that they're supporting the Dems. Get it now? 

43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I never said anyone should attack anyone, I didn't even bring up the fact that they did attack anyone. You did that.

I correctly said that new immigrants are undercutting people for low-end jobs and affordable housing, and corporate America LOVES that. You insinuated that I was wrong, and that my dishonest comment was the kind of thing that caused racial violence, then you told a story which proved that I was actually correct. 

RTL - Middle class and poor people in America will take a big hit under Biden's presidency, but the most heartless Americans at the very top of the food chain don't give a fuck, as evidenced by the fact that they're supporting the Dems. Get it now? 

Didn't I already say that before? 

Now that this topic has been beaten to death.....literally, maybe it's time to move on to satire:

Depressed Police Officer Reminds Self That Chauvin Verdict Not Representative Of System At Large

ih792yrtkb55azva9eyf.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS—Shaken by the guilty verdict delivered in the trial of Derek Chauvin, local police officer Edward Margolin took comfort Tuesday by remembering that this outcome wasn’t representative of the system at large. “Moments like this can be tough, but it helps to take a step back and remember that this is the exception that proves the rule,” said Margolin, confirming that despite the conviction he still believed in the justice system’s fundamental purpose of exonerating police officers. “In these trying times, I remember everything I have to be grateful for—qualified immunity, powerful police associations, massive budgets, and all the officers I know who have done similar stuff to Chauvin and gotten away scot-free, and it starts to make me calm down. It’s important not to let a little hiccup like this make you lose sight of the big picture.” At press time, a cheerful Margolin had fully regained his faith in the system after taking out a baton and breaking a demonstrator’s arm.

3 hours ago, Right To Left said:

There’s a way to earn equal wages and have union representation.  It’s called applying for citizenship, not breaking a country’s immigration laws and sneaking ahead of others going about it the right way.  Regardless, your policy is a tool of big corporations.  They love unlimited labour supplies.  It keeps the demand for labour low, and depresses wages.  And they never have to compete for labour the way they used to.  Your policy may as well be written by Amazon! ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shady said:

There’s a way to earn equal wages and have union representation.  It’s called applying for citizenship, not breaking a country’s immigration laws and sneaking ahead of others going about it the right way.  Regardless, your policy is a tool of big corporations.  They love unlimited labour supplies.  It keeps the demand for labour low, and depresses wages.  And they never have to compete for labour the way they used to.  Your policy may as well be written by Amazon! ?

The same Amazon that ran a deceitful and apparently illegal campaign against union organizers in Alabama a week ago?

And I never said I'm against controlling immigration! Just against setting two or three or more groups of working class people against each other. That was the strategy applied by the coal industry across the US, but they got fooled at the turn of the century and later, at the end of WWI when miners walked off the job a number of  times in several states, demanding better wages for all miners. 

And trying to use minimum wage workers against immigrants (with or without papers) should be refused by all workers. 

This is also where different issues intersect together, as all working people have to consider more than their own narrow interests and ask questions about what their leaders are doing in their name as they use the CIA and other sanctioned crime syndicates to overthrow Latin American governments and install puppets who work in the interests of foreign capital/and against the interests of their own people.....leading to the desires to leave and find somewhere better to live and raise children! 

So, the way to fight high immigration is to get control of your own government and force your leaders to respect the best interests of people living in smaller, less powerful nations of the global south, who don't want to leave their homes and pack up and move to a new country far away! 

Sure, Amazon and other big capitalists want to reduce the living standards of working classes of America down to below third world standards similar to the countries where they've outsourced so much of their production. And they'll do exactly that if they're allowed to get away with it!  Power to the people.

13 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Now that this topic has been beaten to death.....literally, maybe it's time to move on to satire:

Depressed Police Officer Reminds Self That Chauvin Verdict Not Representative Of System At Large

ih792yrtkb55azva9eyf.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS—Shaken by the guilty verdict delivered in the trial of Derek Chauvin, local police officer Edward Margolin took comfort Tuesday by remembering that this outcome wasn’t representative of the system at large. “Moments like this can be tough, but it helps to take a step back and remember that this is the exception that proves the rule,” said Margolin, confirming that despite the conviction he still believed in the justice system’s fundamental purpose of exonerating police officers. “In these trying times, I remember everything I have to be grateful for—qualified immunity, powerful police associations, massive budgets, and all the officers I know who have done similar stuff to Chauvin and gotten away scot-free, and it starts to make me calm down. It’s important not to let a little hiccup like this make you lose sight of the big picture.” At press time, a cheerful Margolin had fully regained his faith in the system after taking out a baton and breaking a demonstrator’s arm.

In order for that to be satire it would have to fall into the 'humour' category, but it's actually quite a perfect picture of what idiots like Don "Racist" Lemon are portraying as the actual state of affairs in America. 

14 hours ago, Shady said:

I'll give the Devil his due... There's a brilliance to the way that the Dems can put a smelly bow on a shit sandwich and get their peons to gobble it up like it's the cure for cancer.

That's it. It's literally the only compliment that I can give to the Dems, and I feel like I need to scour my soul now, MacBeth-style.

11 hours ago, Right To Left said:

The same Amazon that ran a deceitful and apparently illegal campaign against union organizers in Alabama a week ago?

And I never said I'm against controlling immigration! Just against setting two or three or more groups of working class people against each other. That was the strategy applied by the coal industry across the US, but they got fooled at the turn of the century and later, at the end of WWI when miners walked off the job a number of  times in several states, demanding better wages for all miners. 

And trying to use minimum wage workers against immigrants (with or without papers) should be refused by all workers. 

This is also where different issues intersect together, as all working people have to consider more than their own narrow interests and ask questions about what their leaders are doing in their name as they use the CIA and other sanctioned crime syndicates to overthrow Latin American governments and install puppets who work in the interests of foreign capital/and against the interests of their own people.....leading to the desires to leave and find somewhere better to live and raise children! 

So, the way to fight high immigration is to get control of your own government and force your leaders to respect the best interests of people living in smaller, less powerful nations of the global south, who don't want to leave their homes and pack up and move to a new country far away! 

Sure, Amazon and other big capitalists want to reduce the living standards of working classes of America down to below third world standards similar to the countries where they've outsourced so much of their production. And they'll do exactly that if they're allowed to get away with it!  Power to the people.

Yes, that same Amazon.  They approve of your policy!

46 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yes, that same Amazon.  They approve of your policy!

Another things that the Dems are doing which resonates with mega-corporations is their covid fear mongering. It's decimating small businesses while it's helping them rake in cash.

When I go to small stores here they sometimes have a lineup outside waiting to get in, and they know they'll be shut down if a Karen snaps a photo with 8 people in it. Some people just go elsewhere instead of waiting. The doors of Home Depot etc are wide open. 

States like Texas and Florida are the exact opposite of what Amazon wants to see. The Dems and Fauci are their friend. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-chief-medical-examiner-derek-chauvin-defense-testimony

Maryland officials will conduct an investigation into all deaths that happened in police custody that were overseen by the state's former chief medical examiner, who testified as a defense witness in the trial for former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, Maryland attorney general and governor's offices announced Friday.

Dr. David Fowler, who was Maryland's chief medical examiner from 2002 to 2019 and is now a member of a consulting firm, testified that the primary cause of Floyd's death was a sudden heart rhythm disturbance during police restraint due to underlying heart disease.

Similarly, the FBI should conduct an investigation into all of the cases that McCabe, Strzok, Clinesmith and Orr worked on.

This is an aside...

The retired forensic pathologist also said the fentanyl and methamphetamine in Floyd's system, and possible carbon monoxide poisoning from auto exhaust, were contributing factors in his death. Fowler's testimony contradicted other experts who testified Floyd died due to a lack of oxygen. He also classified Floyd's manner of death as "undetermined," breaking from even Hennepin County’s medical examiner, who ruled it a homicide.

Technically, we all die from a lack of oxygen [to the brain], regardless of whether it's caused by a heart attack, bleeding to death, covid, strangulation, Fentanyl overdose, etc. Humans are dead when their brain is dead. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, WestCanMan said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-chief-medical-examiner-derek-chauvin-defense-testimony

Similarly, the FBI should conduct an investigation into all of the cases that McCabe, Strzok, Clinesmith and Orr worked on.

This is an aside...

Technically, we all die from a lack of oxygen [to the brain], regardless of whether it's caused by a heart attack, bleeding to death, covid, strangulation, Fentanyl overdose, etc. Humans are dead when their brain is dead. 

The evidence backing Fowler’s testimony was weak, e.g. CO intoxication. It is also telling that the defence chose not to dispute Martin Tobin’s testimony, including that Chauvin’s assault would have killed a healthy person, with opposing evidence from another recognized authority in lung medicine.  

Earlier, Tobin explains: “A healthy person subjected to what Mr Floyd was subjected to would have died.”

Prosecutors are trying to dispel any notion that Floyd was physically OK when he was telling officers he couldn’t breath. Tobin explains that a person can continue to speak right until the point when oxygen levels drop to a point of no return. 

“It’s a very dangerous thing to think that because you’re able to speak, you’re doing ok,” he says.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/apr/08/derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd-death-latest-updates?page=with:block-606f14928f087dc3964a332c

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Here's Tony Timpa being killed by officers while in custody. I don't know how much time Timpa had already spent on his stomach before this video started, but the video is super-hard to watch. 

It's eerily similar to Floyd's death in that they were both complaining like they were dying during the moments when no one was even touching them, which no doubt contributed to officers believing that they weren't really harming when they were actually killing them.

In Timpa's case it's understood that he was having an anxiety attack, he was actually the one who called 911, and he called for that reason alone. Floyd seems the same to me but I have no medical or psychiatric training to speak of. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, WestCanMan said:

The full video is available here.

If you want to be propagandized watch this video. The propagandists in this video act like the gun shouldn't have been drawn, and they don't show all the clips of G F pretending that he can't breathe. 

What do we learn from this video:

1) Clearly the incident got off on the wrong foot with George Floyd refusing to show the arresting officer his hands: George kept his right hand hidden from the officer's view, down by the passenger seat. The officer asked George to show his hands multiple times, then drew his gun for his own safety. 

2) The officers determined early on that Floyd was "on something". His bloodwork says that he had covid, plus he had Fentanyl in his system. He also had marijuana and methamphetamine in him.

3) He was carrying on saying "I can't breathe" and acting like he was dying from the time he was arrested, even when there was nothing at all restricting his breathing. It's not surprising that officers didn't believe him when he was on the ground.

4) Floyd was resisting arrest the whole time.

Takeaways:

1) It's 100% clear that AG Keith Ellison (in true, divisive Dem fashion) only allowed incendiary footage to be released, and he kept somewhat exculpatory video under lock and key. All this while his city and state were experiencing violent riots, arson and looting. The property damage was in the billions of dollars. 

I don't say it's completely exculpatory because Floyd died when he should't have, but this video clearly illustrates a situation where the police couldn't get Floyd into the car, they had to restrain him on the ground, and they had every reason not believe him when he said he couldn't breathe. 

2) If Floyd had just been reasonable and allowed the officers to do their job he would have eventually arrived home safely. The officers were calm and just trying to do their job. They didn't say or do anything racist. 

3) With the new video in, the rioting looks even more ridiculous.

An investigation into the incident is still necessary, but AG Ellison might have ruined any chance of getting a guilty verdict when intentionally selected the worst video possible to release while hiding the mitigating circumstances from the public. The entire juror pool in the USA has been prejudiced against the police now.

Chauvin's where he belongs.

17 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

Chauvin's where he belongs.

No shit Sherlock. 

The cops who killed Tony Timpa should also be there, but the main point of this thread is that AG Ellison intentionally hid the bodycam footage because he knew that it would put a damper on the rioting if the truth got out.

The rioting completely fizzled out within days of this footage coming out. 

On 4/21/2021 at 6:12 PM, Right To Left said:

And it's all utterly bipartisan.

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No shit Sherlock. 

The cops who killed Tony Timpa should also be there, but the main point of this thread is that AG Ellison intentionally hid the bodycam footage because he knew that it would put a damper on the rioting if the truth got out.

The rioting completely fizzled out within days of this footage coming out. 

Great, wonmderful.

• 1 year later...

Judge Chumpkin said that the violent BLM riots couldn't be compared to Jan 6th because the BLM riots were for social justice and the Jan 6th riots were for an evil cause, so I just wanted to remind people just how the Floyd incident went down.

It wasn't the "unreasonable police brutality" that the Dems and CNN played up for months while the country was burning. 

This is the incident that justified untold violence and destruction, according to Chumpkin.

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Judge Chumpkin said that the violent BLM riots couldn't be compared to Jan 6th because the BLM riots were for social justice and the Jan 6th riots were for an evil cause, so I just wanted to remind people just how the Floyd incident went down.

It wasn't the "unreasonable police brutality" that the Dems and CNN played up for months while the country was burning. 

This is the incident that justified untold violence and destruction, according to Chumpkin.

"couldn't be compared" is NOT "justified." Duh.

Your partisan hackery is showing.

On 8/19/2023 at 9:59 AM, robosmith said:

"couldn't be compared" is NOT "justified."

Yes, it is exactly that.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the BLM riots, assaults, arson and murders were "100.00% justified", but the exact meaning of her statement is that there is at least some justification for the mostly peaceful protests and no justification at all for the almost entirely joyful and harmonious celebration of democracy on Jan 6th. 

Duh.

That part was the highlight of your post.

Edited by WestCanMan

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes, it is exactly that.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the BLM riots, assaults, arson and murders were "100.00% justified", but the exact meaning of her statement is that there is at least some justification for the mostly peaceful protests and no justification at all for the almost entirely joyful and harmonious celebration of democracy on Jan 6th. 

That part was the highlight of your post.

Here is what Judge Chutkan actually said:

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan called it a false equivalence “to compare the actions of people protesting, mostly peacefully, for civil rights” to the mob that “was trying to overthrow the government.” She said doing so “ignores the very real danger that the Jan. 6 riots pose to the foundation of our democracy.”

Yes, she said there is some justification for "people protesting, mostly peacefully, for civil rights" and NONE for those "trying to overthrow the government."

That is the FALSE EQUIVALENCE to which she referred.

• Thanks 1