BC Closures

I just saw Horgan on the BC News talking about re-opening BC. The only thing he specifically mentioned today was schools.

Hello dipshit. The parks are still closed.

Would he seriously open the biggest virus-breeding institutions of the province first? 

IMO outdoor parks should open at least a month before schools.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I just saw Horgan on the BC News talking about re-opening BC. The only thing he specifically mentioned today was schools.

Would he seriously open the biggest virus-breeding institutions of the province first? 

You can more control who enters a school than you can a park. 

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

You can more control who enters a school than you can a park. 

A school has 300-2,000 people in a concentrated area, few of which will wash their hands twice in a 7 hr span. They're all inside where UV light can't help contain the virus, and they are constantly touching each other, getting sweaty running around, etc. It's THE best virus spreading ground on the planet aside from a crowded subway train/station. 

A 100+ sq km provincial park, out in the sun, where people literally never come in physical contact with each other, is not a risk, even at the height of a pandemic, as long as people wear masks. 

Opening a school before a park is the height of stupidity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

A school has 300-2,000 people in a concentrated area, few of which will wash their hands twice in a 7 hr span. They're all inside where UV light can't help contain the virus, and they are constantly touching each other, getting sweaty running around, etc. It's THE best virus spreading ground on the planet aside from a crowded subway train/station. 

A 100+ sq km provincial park, out in the sun, where people literally never come in physical contact with each other, is not a risk, even at the height of a pandemic, as long as people wear masks. 

Opening a school before a park is the height of stupidity.

I think we're fooling ourselves if we expect to see Schools open unless some sort of easy and widespread mode of testing is available. 

There are parks and there are parks. Parks are still open to walk through etc, usually. But playgrounds, sports facilities etc have been closed. 

Where they have been closed, people were congregating in close contact. 

48 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think we're fooling ourselves if we expect to see Schools open unless some sort of easy and widespread mode of testing is available. 

There are parks and there are parks. Parks are still open to walk through etc, usually. But playgrounds, sports facilities etc have been closed. 

All the provincial parks in BC are closed. Even the remote Flora Lake Hiking Trail is closed. https://www.google.ca/maps/search/flora+lake+trail/@49.1035026,-121.7144354,10z?hl=en

Are you kidding me? Covid is going to spread on a trail that big, that far out in the boonies? And there's talk of schools opening soon? 

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. 

You could make the point that they don't want people travelling to go to these parks, because they don't want people getting out of their car to put gas in it, but our own PM just drove from Ont to Que for a personal trip. 

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

All the provincial parks in BC are closed. Even the remote Flora Lake Hiking Trail is closed. https://www.google.ca/maps/search/flora+lake+trail/@49.1035026,-121.7144354,10z?hl=en

Are you kidding me? Covid is going to spread on a trail that big, that far out in the boonies? And there's talk of schools opening soon? 

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. 

You could make the point that they don't want people travelling to go to these parks, because they don't want people getting out of their car to put gas in it, but our own PM just drove from Ont to Que for a personal trip. 

JT typically showed galling hypocrisy over the weekend. 

In Ontario people are allowed to walk parks but will get tickets for congregating in large numbers. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

We just recently saw three MP'S Scheer, May and some other liberal politician named Quaitrough go on a plane together to go to a meeting in Ottawa. Scheer brought his family of six with him on a nine seater plane. Whoa here? What happened to social distancing here? They had to be very close to one another on that plane. So, what is going on here?

First we are all told that we all must practice social distance or as some call it social engineering. And then these three go violate the rules. I think that I know as to what is going on here? It's one rule for we the people and there is another rule for the politicians. E. May said that she had misgivings about it. Ya, she had misgivings about it alright when she was caught in the act of not social distancing. Some of these Canadian politicians are something else. Or maybe the reason why they were not worried about sitting close to one another is because they all know that this plandemic is all a hoax, and are just playing the pro-vaccine Bill gates global pandemic exercise that has been created for we the people. 

Indeed, how can anyone believe that they are going to get this flu bug way out in a park way out in the boonies anyway? The more they try to convince us that we have a very situation going on here, the more things start to look and get real stupid looking. 

A father in Ontario went rollerblading with his three sons to give them some fresh air and exercise, which kids need to do, on some empty of people recreation center parking lot and was seen by a bylaw officer skating in the parking lot this father with his three sons. The bylaw approached them and gave the father an $800.00 ticket for being there and rollerblading with his kids. Another person in Ontario was fined for sitting on a park bench. I must assume that the fine was probably close to around $800.00 also. Why such hefty fines anyway? 

Source: The Rebel. 

Now come on, is this for real? An $880.00 ticket for skating with your kids in an empty parking lot? This is getting close to tyranny being committed by the government against we the people. Even criminals never get fines for what they do which is much worse than what this father did. I do not know what the politicians are going to do when the hot summer days gets here. I cannot see those parents not violating all those rules and orders that you cannot go here and there nonsense. They have to open up soon or they will have a rebellion on their hands. I cannot see parents all staying at home on a nice sunny day with their kids and not be able to go to some park and go rollerblading, not be able to go camping, no travelling, and no beach for the kids. Enough already, it is time for people to stop listening to there politicians and the lying media anymore because pretty much most of them are now becoming bully commie like dyktators. 

PS: Citizen's in Australia can now face up to "TEN" years in the gulag for expressing doubts about vaccines. This is how far things have gone in Australia. Nowhere in history has anyone had to put up with so many draconian laws that are now and have been implemented ever since this seasonal flu came along. Source: The internet. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

One person in Ontario was fined for sitting on a bench in a park in Ontario. Fine n/k. A father was fined $800.00 for rollerblading with his three boys in an empty recreational parking lot for some fresh air and exercise. Are you not getting this yet? This has to be one big joke being played on all of us by our dear comrade leaders and the lying media who appear to be taking their orders from the likes of globalist Bill gates. This has now gone beyond ridiculous. It needs to end now before we all go nuts in the head from staying home and not socializing. We all need to socialize in order to be able to keep our sanity.   Source: The Rebel. 

And when a citizen in Australia can get up to "TEN' years in some Australian gulag for daring to express their own personal doubts about vaccines anyone with an ounce of brains should be able to see that something very weird and diabolical is going on here.  Source:  The internet.  

If this so called scary bug is supposed to be a respiratory bug then what or why cannot people get together if they are not showing any signs of having some respiratory problems? If they start coughing and find it hard to breath, well then, maybe they should go see a doctor or just stay home and let the rest of us get back to normal. Pro-vaccine Bill Gates must be just rubbing his hands together and thinking about all the hundreds of billions of dollars when he can finally come up with a vaccine that he can then inject into the arms of those fools who will believe that now I am safe. Are globalists like Bill Gates going to open up the "Gates of hell" once again and start up another plandemic virus scare and panic next fall again? That all depends on whether we the people will allow him again to try and scare the crap out of people about another scary virus. It's only six months away until fall. Hey, we never know, eh?  ;)

19 minutes ago, taxme said:

A father in Ontario went rollerblading with his three sons to give them some fresh air and exercise, which kids need to do, on some empty of people recreation center parking lot and was seen by a bylaw officer skating in the parking lot this father with his three sons. The bylaw approached them and gave the father an $800.00 ticket for being there and rollerblading with his kids. Another person in Ontario was fined for sitting on a park bench. I must assume that the fine was probably close to around $800.00 also. Why such hefty fines anyway? 

Source: The Rebel. 

Now come on, is this for real? An $880.00 ticket for skating with your kids in an empty parking lot? This is getting close to tyranny being committed by the government against we the people. Even criminals never get fines for what they do which is much worse than what this father did. I do not know what the politicians are going to do when the hot summer days gets here. I cannot see those parents not violating all those rules and orders that you cannot go here and there nonsense. They have to open up soon or they will have a rebellion on their hands. I cannot see parents all staying at home on a nice sunny day with their kids and not be able to go to some park and go rollerblading, not be able to go camping, no travelling, and no beach for the kids. Enough already, it is time for people to stop listening to there politicians and the lying media anymore because pretty much most of them are now becoming bully commie like dyktators. 

I overheard one of my wife's friends saying that she was told that she could get a ticket for driving in her car with her daughter, because her daughter doesn't live at home anymore.

I'm not worried about getting a ticket for something stupid like that, I'd find some way around it, but this kind of talk is making the rounds.

PS: Citizen's in Australia can now face up to "TEN" years in the gulag for expressing doubts about vaccines. This is how far things have gone in Australia. Nowhere in history has anyone had to put up with so many draconian laws that are now and have been implemented ever since this seasonal flu came along. Source: The internet. 

I've seen mention on FB about places where people face penalties for speaking negatively about vaccines. If it's true it's extremely alarming, but I don't trust anything I see on FB.

That being said, who the hell are we supposed to trust nowadays?

Some of the biggest MSM outlets in the world push lies 24/7. CNN can not cover a single story about Trump and not omit, skew, misrepresent or fabricate. Not one. It's well past the point of just biased or partisan media, it's 100% bullshit, all the time. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I overheard one of my wife's friends saying that she was told that she could get a ticket for driving in her car with her daughter, because her daughter doesn't live at home anymore.

I'm not worried about getting a ticket for something stupid like that, I'd find some way around it, but this kind of talk is making the rounds.

I've seen mention on FB about places where people face penalties for speaking negatively about vaccines. If it's true it's extremely alarming, but I don't trust anything I see on FB.

Some of the biggest MSM outlets in the world push lies 24/7. CNN can not cover a single story about Trump and not omit, skew, misrepresent or fabricate. Not one. It's well past the point of just biased or partisan media, it's 100% bullshit, all the time. 

We are pretty much seeing today as to what life must be really like living in a communist country. I see tyranny now coming from our dear comrade leader politicians, especially coming from some of those mayors out there who are really starting to act more like bully comrade dyktators who seem to have no problem with handing out excessive fines over violating one of their many silly ass rules or orders in council. We have lost many of our freedoms and our right to assembly today because of this plandemic virus what appears to be all just an exercise. 

This is not going to end well as all I keep hearing is that this may go on for another six months. Are you ready and willing to go for another six months of this bull shit? I am already fed up with it and I demand that we be all allowed to get back to normal and our freedoms. This virus will do more harm to the economy and people's lives then what this seasonal virus can ever do. I will never trust any politicians or the lying media anymore. They mostly all just lie and spread bull shit and fear and panic over nothing. 

This ten year in jail bull shit that I mentioned about someone expressing their doubts about vaccines was found on the internet and not FB. As far as I know today, no one can have a meeting with more than five people. So, if anyone now wants to get together and have a meeting with more than so many over whatever they deem important to them have now been denied their rights to do so. That is communism at it's best, plain and simple. If we all thought that we all had the right to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, well they can now see that they do not have that right at all if the comrades running our political system are allowed to keep trying to deny those rights. This makes the Charter of Rights nil and void. ;)

This constant brainwashing on TV 24 hours a day about this virus tells me that this is all bull shit. This is exactly what they do in communist countries. Brainwash their people by their control of the media. Don't laugh when I say that we are getting pretty close to what appears to be a communist like take over of this country by globalist deep state elites like bill Gates and Zuckerborg. Gates as now opened the "gates of hell' on we the people. We better wake up or else globalists like those mentioned will be the masters and we the people will end up being their slaves. It's on the internet and all one has to do is go look for it. Just my personal opinion of course. Works for me. ;)  

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Cite?

Trump, Fox, The Rebel and whoever told one of your wife's friends something apparently.

Edited by eyeball

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Cite?

I don't need a cite. I categorized it as "this kind of talk is making the rounds". 

If I said it was 100% verified I would need a cite. That's how it works eyeball.

Trump, Fox, The Rebel and whoever told one of your wife's friends something apparently.

I'll skip the last part, because hopefully you have a better understanding of how things work around here now.

I do trust Fox News. I watch Fox News almost every day and I don't catch them lying like CNN or CBC. I've got an open challenge out there to anyone who wants to try to catch Fox lying (aside from Juan Williams or the other Dem apologists there) and no one has ever taken me up on it. Unfortunately they don't have a Canadian division. 

I don't trust Rebel News much more than I trust CBC and CTV, but they carry information and stories that those two ignore. My main beefs with Rebel are the paywall and the fact that Ezra tends to ramble on. 

Trump lies less than the average MLW poster, and a lot less than Trudeau & CNN, but I am aware that he doesn't have an unblemished record. It's just not nearly as bad as the unwashed CNN horde would have you believe. Trump's main advantage over the likes of Obama and Trudeau is that Trump actually puts his own country first.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:43 PM, WestCanMan said:

I went to one of the parks this evening to walk the dog.  It is not a city park, but one outside that has campsites and of course even on a good year no one comes to camp this early.  But the park was closed!  There was a "No Entry" sign!

WTF !   I am allowed to walk the dog along the city streets with all pedestrians and traffic, but I cannot walk my dog in a wilderness park where the only visitor is myself! Mind boggling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cougar said:

I went to one of the parks this evening to walk the dog.  It is not a city park, but one outside that has campsites and of course even on a good year no one comes to camp this early.  But the park was closed!  There was a "No Entry" sign!

WTF !   I am allowed to walk the dog along the city streets with all pedestrians and traffic, but I cannot walk my dog in a wilderness park where the only visitor is myself! Mind boggling.

Yep. Stanley park is still open, but bigger, more remote Parks like Pinecone Burke in Coquitlam and Flora Lake Trail out past Chilliwack are closed, with signs warning of large fines if you go in there. 

You could walk for 20 years in Flora Lake Trail during a pandemic and never get it. But hey, let's open the schools first. What could go wrong.

On 4/16/2020 at 5:04 PM, WestCanMan said:

I do trust Fox News. I watch Fox News almost every day and I don't catch them lying like CNN or CBC.

If your assumption is that you can't trust "liberal sources" and you consider CNN and CBC liberal sources, then its not surprising that you'd think Fox News "lies less."  Doesn't mean anything except that you assume Fox isn't lying if what they report contradicts what other sources report. 

Now I've no real opinion on how much or how little Fox News "lies"; they seem to prmarily report whatever Trump says or does in the most positive light.   It may not be lying, but I wouldn't call it reliable news source either.

All politicians lie, prevaricate, change their stories, hide or downplay relevant facts.  You lambaste every other politician for doing this, while supporting and excusing Trump for every lie that comes out of his mouth.  You aren't the only one, of course; almost everyone has bias that affects their critical thinking to some degree. But it's only fanatics (religious, political, anti-science, etc) that completely abandon critical thinking in the way that Trumpsters have.  Makes me wonder what positive role fanatics play or have played in human society.  There must be something, else why would they exist?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

If your assumption is that you can't trust "liberal sources" and you consider CNN and CBC liberal sources, then its not surprising that you'd think Fox News "lies less."  Doesn't mean anything except that you assume Fox isn't lying if what they report contradicts what other sources report. 

Now I've no real opinion on how much or how little Fox News "lies"; they seem to prmarily report whatever Trump says or does in the most positive light.   It may not be lying, but I wouldn't call it reliable news source either.

All politicians lie, prevaricate, change their stories, hide or downplay relevant facts.  You lambaste every other politician for doing this, while supporting and excusing Trump for every lie that comes out of his mouth.  You aren't the only one, of course; almost everyone has bias that affects their critical thinking to some degree. But it's only fanatics (religious, political, anti-science, etc) that completely abandon critical thinking in the way that Trumpsters have.  Makes me wonder what positive role fanatics play or have played in human society.  There must be something, else why would they exist?

The first example of Trump lying that every Lib will give you, when pressed, is: "Trump said that his inauguration was bigger!"

Was that a lie?

No. Not at all.

He thought it was true, and he was wrong, and there's all the difference in the world between being wrong about something and lying about it.

What about the use of "alternative facts" that day? Is that just another way to tell a lie?

His team couldn't get an exact number of people who were at the inauguration so based their guess on transit ridership that day. It was wrong, but they at least had a reason for their incorrect guesstimate. They based their estimate on facts that turned out to give them the wrong impression. So what? It was about the number of people at the inauguration. It's not a big deal to be wrong about that. An example of being wrong about something that's a big deal is saying that Suleimani was a hero and a great guy. 

The only 2 actual lies re: that inauguration size topic were 1) saying that Trump lied when he was merely wrong, on a topic that was of no great importance whatsoever and 2) the media outlets who showed pictures of Trump's crowd, before the inauguration started, and compared them to Obama's crowd at max capacity. 

Another inauguration day lie he was accused of was when Trump said that "It didn't rain during my speech". John Oliver did a 15 minute video where he said that Trump was a huge liar, and he showed a picture of Melania holding an umbrella over Donald's head. Only thing is, that wasn't during the speech. It was just at a different time on the same day. You can see Trump's complete inauguration speech in HD on ABC and the absolute fact of the matter is that it did not rain while he was speaking. 

In short, there were 3 stone-cold lies about Trump's "lying" made just about his inauguration day alone and he didn't tell any of them. The left wing media were the culprits. They made that case on DAY 1 and then they used their own falsehoods as a baseline of proof that remains solidly entrenched in the minds of their sycophant horde to this day.

I don't wanna be a dick about this, but imo calling someone a liar is a really big deal, and when you lie to malign another person's character then your credibility is entirely shot and I can't find a good reason to excuse anyone for doing that. I will never trust CNN, even if I wind up having good reason to believe that Fox's reputation is shot as well. I'm 100% done with CNN because i know for a fact that they lie. That's enough for me. 

I'm not a Christian, and forgiving people is against my nature, and idgaf what anyone else recommends. Actually, if I'm being honest, not forgiving people is like a core value of mine and I don't regret any of the bridges that I've burned with people over issues of trust. In fact I highly recommend nipping those relationships in the bud. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". 

I find Trump's actions as POTUS to be firmly in line with the constitution and with the best interests of America. Eg, I don't give a crap about a woman's "right" to abort a healthy baby after she is already dilated. I think it's totally heinous bullshit. That could have been me or you. I don't give a crap if people who really want to move to America have to wait in line. Rules are rules. Their ancestors could have done a better job of making their countries better, and they could stay where they are and work hard make it better if they want. My family worked in coal mines and fought Nazis in past generations. Nobody wanted to move from sunny Mexico to the bald prairies of Alberta when my family was homesteading there in places with a coal stove and no electric lights. This is getting OT now. I'll stop. 

Edited by WestCanMan
typo

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't wanna be a dick about this, but....

Has Trump in your opinion done every single thing he's done as President without flaw - perfect in every respect bar nothing - without a single mistake and with not one single lie?

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm not a Christian, and forgiving people is against my nature, and idgaf what anyone else recommends. Actually, if I'm being honest, not forgiving people is like a core value of mine and I don't regret any of the bridges that I've burned with people over issues of trust. In fact I highly recommend nipping those relationships in the bud. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". 

Unless of course it's Trump who has fooled you once, twice, thrice or more.  Then it's "everyone else is lying."

Bitter and unforgiving people lead pretty miserable lives, whether they're Christian or not, and they often don't even know why.  

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Has Trump in your opinion done every single thing he's done as President without flaw - perfect in every respect bar nothing - without a single mistake and with not one single lie?

Of course not. But take a look back at all the ridiculous accusations over the past 3 years, and how many were proven to be fake, and how much credit he ever got for his actual accomplishments. How is Trump generally talked about on CNN, on a scale from hideous monster (1) to America's saviour (10)? On CNN he's a -6.

By contrast, Trudeau has several scandals which were all very real. How much media attention did they draw here? Is Trudeau generally cast in a favourable [glowing] light or is he deemed somewhat of a failure, liar, traitor and a creeper? How is Trudeau talked about by the media, where is he from 1-10? On CBC Trudeau is a 9.0, until it's time to criticize Scheer for not beating him. 

Left wing media is pure garbage. There's no good reason for tuning into CBC news, aside from comedy.

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Unless of course it's Trump who has fooled you once, twice, thrice or more.  Then it's "everyone else is lying."

Cite?

Bitter and unforgiving people lead pretty miserable lives, whether they're Christian or not, and they often don't even know why.  

You can trust people who lie to you if you want, imo that's the real path to misery. 

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Okay, I'm pointing out your avoidance of my question.

A cite with your answer would be nice too.

So you understand that I've referenced a full 3 years of solid, non-stop lying from CNN, and you want me to try and think of something that Trump lied about. That's the difference.

You can try and find a single story re: Trump that CNN reported on honestly and truthfully and accurately if you want. Good luck eyeball.