God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

How interesting how one should learn the history of what they quote, Herr Doktor Ubermensch.

Nietzsche died in the nineteenth century, around 20 years before the Nazi party was born.  To blame him for what became of his philosophies is rich irony for someone defending religion.  Unless you believe Jesus would have supprted 'Kill a Queer for Christ' bumper stickers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nietzsche died in the nineteenth century, around 20 years before the Nazi party was born.  To blame him for what became of his philosophies is rich irony for someone defending religion.

No it's rich irony for you to bring him up, and use it in contrast to religion. You like to point out when you think others invoked the wrong media to back their argument. re your comment to me about the Globe and Mail, in case you forgot. Well here you are now. Seems you are more focused on the medium apparently, than the message.

Edited by OftenWrong
increased niceness :)

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Indeed. Promoting Nazi literature, no less. Not at all surprised.

But this thread is not about your atheism, MH and bcs. You have no right to come in here and insist on promoting it. It is off topic.

Back to your holes, ye rabbits.

Back to your weegee board!

5 minutes ago, Tdot said:

lol

That is not based in, logic, as according to the 'Laws of Physics' aka Genesis Chap 1

And there is no proof dinosaurs were around for more than 6000 years, if I remember your view correctly. 

Good job I still have my book.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Unless you believe Jesus would have supprted 'Kill a Queer for Christ' bumper stickers...

Here is my answer to the OP, straightforward and simple, and to you as well Michael Hardener.

Sorry that it's a video, but it's the part about the crazy old man coming down from the mountain. What he says.

These are biblical times. Happy Easter

43 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. No it's rich irony for you to bring him up, and use it in contrast to religion. 

2. You like to point out when you think others invoked the wrong media to back their argument. re your comment to me about the Globe and Mail, in case you forgot.

3. Well here you are now. Seems you are more focused on the medium apparently, than the message.

1. What?  That's what he's famous for... God is dead etc.

2. I did forget.  It sounds like I didn't like a source, though, not a medium.

3. What?

37 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

And there is no proof dinosaurs were around for more than 6000 years, if I remember your view correctly. 

uhhh, no, you did not remember my view correctly.  although you did make a factual, true statement here about dinosaurs.

3 hours ago, Tdot said:

uhhh, no, you did not remember my view correctly.  although you did make a factual, true statement here about dinosaurs.

Yeah, that's the view I was talking about.

17 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Well then, you are not referring to my view ---since I merely complemented your view that was never my view.

Oh.  Okay, fair enough.  My mistake.  I'm glad we lost that 6000 year silliness. 

All is well.

6 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I'm glad we lost that 6000 year silliness. 

Exactly. Especially since we have no idea how long each individual dinosaur, was alive, as we only know how many years ago they did perish.  Of course, all of that was long, long before Mankind came along about 6,000 years ago.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:59 AM, French Patriot said:

God created evil for his pleasure.

He didn't create evil.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, “Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat.

Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil.

If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

https://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html

Edited by betsy

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Neitzche died 120 years ago, so his wisdom isn't breaking news.  You can trace the origins of religion to find out why/how it was born and evolved.  As a hint, it was born exactly at the same moment as laws, mathematics and their offspring money.

LOL. Your hint is foolish.

The oldest shrine I know of is over 60,000 years old. When was cash invented?

Regards

DL

Just now, French Patriot said:

I fail to see an answer. Care to elaborate on  what you want to show?

Regards

DL

It's not too complicated. Old Testament says the consequence of sin is death. Maybe a little sin once in a while is ok, in my view...
But we have sinned too much and hence we are now doomed, as you see.

Happy Easter/ Passover/ Solstice/ WalpurgisNacht or whatever you may prefer.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's not too complicated. Old Testament says the consequence of sin is death. Maybe a little sin once in a while is ok, in my view...
But we have sinned too much and hence we are now doomed, as you see.

Happy Easter/ Passover/ Solstice/ WalpurgisNacht or whatever you may prefer.

Not quite that simple, given that you might be getting ready to sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

That first line of yours is garbage and a lie. Right?

As to being doomed. That is not controlled by our sins. It is controlled by god who chooses whose heart he will harden against him and who he will save. We have no choice or free will in this. Here are the appropriate verses.

----------------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

h

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards

DL

4 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

You show dualistic thinking.

Did god not even create the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

It's choice given to Adam and Eve, isn't it?   Whether to obey or disobey God?

There was nothing essentially evil about the tree or the fruit of the tree. It is unlikely that the fruit, in and of itself, gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. That is, the physical fruit may have contained some vitamin C and some beneficial fiber, but it was not spiritually nutritious. However, the act of disobedience was spiritually deleterious. That sin opened Adam’s and Eve’s eyes to evil. For the first time, they knew what it was to be evil, to feel shame, and to want to hide from God. Their sin of disobeying God brought corruption into their lives and into the world. Eating the fruit, as an act of disobedience against God, was what gave Adam and Eve the knowledge of evil—and the knowledge of their nakedness (Genesis 3:6–7).

https://www.gotquestions.org/tree-knowledge-good-evil.html

Who created good?

Goodness is an attribute of God.  It's His nature.

1 minute ago, French Patriot said:

That first line of yours is garbage and a lie. Right?

Huh? In the video, "Those who cannot live by the law... shall die by law." I understand if you don't want to watch it. That's what it specifically says, anyway.

It's hard to accept we have no free will. then life is a pre-orchestrated dance, is it not? On the other hand, you could say free will is where the devil really comes in. That old devil makes you want to break the rules... and it's people who are willing to break the rules, who make innovation and progress possible. The will to progress... stems from your criminality.

7 hours ago, Tdot said:

Exactly. Especially since we have no idea how long each individual dinosaur, was alive, as we only know how many years ago they did perish.  Of course, all of that was long, long before Mankind came along about 6,000 years ago.

And we don't know any of their names and addresses, or their favourite colours.

I see your point now.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

And we don't know any of their names and addresses, or their favourite colours.

Yes, but at least we knew their zip codes and the names of their favorite songs.

Oh, and feel free to join me, in getting back on topic here:

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

By French Patriot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Yes, but at least we knew their zip codes and the names of their favorite songs.

Oh, and feel free to join me, in getting back on topic here:

By French Patriot

I already addressed that.  I haven't seen a decent rebuttal yet.