God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards

DL

10 hours ago, French Patriot said:

God created evil for his pleasure. 

IMHO this is not the reason God created evil.  

Mankind was created for God's, pleasure, as God created evil to be used by Satan almost as a form of chastising imperfect Mankind which falls prey to the works of the devil. If Mankind had never eaten from the tree, Mankind would know no such thing as evil. Therefore Mankind would not need to be chastised.

And remember too, evil is often subjective. For example, does a mother see evil when she goes to Prison to visit her son/look into the eyes of her gangbanging thug who's in jail for execution style murders of several members of a rival gang.

10 hours ago, Tdot said:

Mankind was created for God's, pleasure, as God created evil to be used by Satan almost as a form of chastising imperfect Mankind which falls prey to the works of the devil. If Mankind had never eaten from the tree, Mankind would know no such thing as evil. Therefore Mankind would not need to be chastised.

I tend to agree, metaphorically speaking evil is sometimes necessary. For example there may be no other choice but evil, or worse evil. That does not make evil good, however. If we confuse the two concepts then we lose the ability to discern them. Then chaos shall rule the day.

But the OP would perhaps embrace this condition, I'll wager.

27 minutes ago, Tdot said:

...or...

You need to reread that. Then quickly realize why it is, proof, that humans should never throw their Bible away.

Indeed. Promoting Nazi literature, no less. Not at all surprised.

But this thread is not about your atheism, MH and bcs. You have no right to come in here and insist on promoting it. It is off topic.

Back to your holes, ye rabbits.

12 hours ago, Tdot said:

And remember too, evil is often subjective. For example, does a mother see evil when she goes to Prison to visit her son/look into the eyes of her gangbanging thug who's in jail for execution style murders of several members of a rival gang.

Are you a believer, and why are you denying the WORD of god?

God first used Satan in Eden to tempt Eve. What chastisement did she need? What had she done that was evil before being tempted.

If A & E had not eaten of the tree, they would have remained with their moral eyes closed and too stupid to reproduce.

None of us would be here.

If Adam sinned, it was as you sing in your Exultet hymn, a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

If necessary to god's plan, would you sin as Adam did, or would you derail god's plan?

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I tend to agree, metaphorically speaking evil is sometimes necessary. For example there may be no other choice but evil, or worse evil. That does not make evil good, however. If we confuse the two concepts then we lose the ability to discern them. Then chaos shall rule the day.

But the OP would perhaps embrace this condition, I'll wager.

You would lose that bet. I like order.

Strange that you would think evil to be necessary, yet not think it good. 

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

...or...

You need to reread that. Then quickly realize why it is, proof, that humans should never throw their Bible away.

I agree that all should read the bible.

The more that do, the fewer Christians there will be.

The early church knew that and that is why they murdered so many for reading it or just having it.

Be proud of your murdering heritage.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Indeed. Promoting Nazi literature, no less. Not at all surprised.

2. But this thread is not about your atheism, MH and bcs.

3. You have no right to come in here and insist on promoting it. It is off topic.

4. Back to your holes, ye rabbits.

1.  What ? 

2.  I'm not an atheist

3. It's on topic

4. Charles was very explicit that you are not to tell people to not post.  I merely asked a low-quality poster to leave and was admonished.

If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent one.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I merely asked a low-quality poster to leave and was admonished.

If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent one.

And well you should be. No one asked you to leave, just told rabbits to go back to their holes. If that's you, plug yourself in. The sudden appearance of an argument there is no god etc is off topic if you can actually figure out what the question is in the first place. I wish you luck...

The dilemma is whether to report you for off-topic or not. I know Charles would say, report and move on. So this is off-topic itself. I prefer to give a gentle nudge myself, but if you keep arguing and inserting off-topic as it seems you often do, you leave me little choice. Being an ex- moderator I'm sure you can understand that.

/sign off

So what. We have invented many things that made us great. Some are real, some are ideas. Mathematics is an idea that leads to real things. So arguably is religion. Without that guidance the state is supreme, there is no higher authority. then the state dictates what's good and evil, and can publish it online on a list which it updates daily.

This is not an attack on you, in case you're feeling sensitive for any reason. Cheers

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Indeed. Promoting Nazi literature, no less. Not at all surprised.

But this thread is not about your atheism, MH and bcs. You have no right to come in here and insist on promoting it. It is off topic.

Back to your holes, ye rabbits.

Gotta find something to argue about.  Religion is as good as anything else.  The OP isn't about God so much as evil.  Which, like I said, is just a word for mankind behaving badly.  People who want you to believe in their God and do as they say their God wants you to do, use it occasionally to make a point.  Might as well say zlo, masama, or kwaad.

3 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

….may also be natural.

If not, what does this mean?

Regards

DL

Mankind created God, and the Eiffel Tower.  I suppose if one was to call the creative urge a naturally occurring state in humans, then sure.

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Mankind created God, and the Eiffel Tower.  I suppose if one was to call the creative urge a naturally occurring state in humans, then sure.

I think it is natural, just as it is natural for us to wish to be the fittest humans.

We just went stupid in giving our god stupid and overblown attributes.

We gave our gods such big dicks that all they can now do is beat us with them.

We have to change to thinking of gods as ----

Regards

DL

49 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. And well you should be. No one asked you to leave, just told rabbits to go back to their holes. If that's you, plug yourself in.

2. The sudden appearance of an argument there is no god etc is off topic if you can actually figure out what the question is in the first place. I wish you luck...

3. So what. We have invented many things that made us great. Some are real, some are ideas. Mathematics is an idea that leads to real things. So arguably is religion.

4. Without that guidance the state is supreme, there is no higher authority. then the state dictates what's good and evil, and can publish it online on a list which it updates daily

1. Dodge

2. Topic: "Is God blonde or brunette" Response: "Godbook isn't real"  Re-response: "OFF TOPIC :("

3. This discussion isn't about the value of religion it's about debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin ie. nonsense.

4. Incorrect.  The individual has the highest authority over themself and the state can't abrogate their god (ahem) given rights.