Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

Argus

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter, because Canada has become the place where things don't get done, and that has become acceptable.

Pipelines don't get built, ships don't get built, defence programs don't spend money, payroll systems fail...now trains don't run.

Bombardier just sold off both commercial airliner and train businesses to foreigners.   I guess the government got tired of throwing more good money after bad money.

Indeed, the larger strategic paradigm is that Canada is dead, and all attempts to reanimate the corpse of Confederation will fail.

That being said, once Canada's new Asiatic Overlords complete their takeover, they will put a bit of stick about, they will give the RCMP their marching orders through proxies

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, eyeball said:

And this one sentence captures the depth of ignorance, stupidity and greedy indifference we've come to expect from right-wing conservatives.  I've long wondered what it is about conserving that conservatives don't get and I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it's strictly right-wing conservatives that are the problem not left wing conservatives.

You people need to be stopped in your tracks and the economy needs to be put on a path towards zero growth so there's still a world worth living in for the future.

The 'economy needs to be put on a path to zero growth'?  I'm sure that will go far to solving the problems on reserves when the funds dry up because there is no money in the governments treasury.  Did you even bother to think before you typed that drivel???

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, the larger strategic paradigm is that Canada is dead, and all attempts to reanimate the corpse of Confederation will fail.

That being said, once Canada's new Asiatic Overlords complete their takeover, they will put a bit of stick about, they will give the RCMP their marching orders through proxies

The Chinese already got burned in moribund Canada with the Aurora LNG deal (CNOOC bought Nexen).

The story is not so much that things don't get done anymore in Canada...the real story is that this has become expected and acceptable.

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is just nascent, the tip of the iceberg, a preview of what the future looks like.

The Thunberg Cult will have an arc, it's not anywhere near its peak yet.

Fear not tho, at some point, they will have to be crushed under the tank tracks, inevitably.

So long as it's an electric tank running on renewable energy.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter, because Canada has become the place where things don't get done, and that has become acceptable.

Pipelines don't get built, ships don't get built, defence programs don't spend money, payroll systems fail...now trains don't run.

Bombardier just sold off both commercial airliner and train businesses to foreigners.   I guess the government got tired of throwing more good money after bad money.

Our politicians will always find an excuse to throw away more tax dollars at projects that are totally useless and stupid and serve no purpose at all except to maybe help make more of the elite liberals richer. Some here say that Canada is in good shape. As you said just said, Bombardier has pretty much gone teats up, and today I heard that Pier 1 Import stores are closing all their stores in Canada. Tens of thousands are being laid off in Canada because of this pipeline fiasco. 6000 CN railway workers may be laid off in the Maritimes if this terrorism is not put out of it's misery.

This attitude that Canadians can go pound salt while our Trudeau government still hands over millions of our tax dollars as foreign aid to foreign countries needs to end. I am paying taxes so some of those taxes can go feed someone else whom I could careless about. Canadians need to stop trying to be big brother to the rest of the world. Those tax dollars should stay here in Canada for our people, and not given to people half way around the world.

And all our dear leader wants to do about it is say --- let's sit down and talk about it over coffee. What an ass of a leader this country has for a dictator. You are very lucky to have a real leader like Trump. All we have here in Canada is a feminist one for a leader. We Canadians are so lucky, eh? NOT! 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Chinese already got burned in moribund Canada with the Aurora LNG deal (CNOOC bought Nexen).

The story is not so much that things don't get done anymore in Canada...the real story is that this has become expected and acceptable.

The Chinese are patient tho, they don't expect the takeover to be completed overnight

This is a multigenerational project, they've been working the Canadian fifth column since the 1950's

Communist takeover in slow motion, frogs in slowly boiling water

On 2/17/2020 at 7:45 AM, Zeitgeist said:

So where to begin with all the relentless criticism.  Canada has been and is highly functional, exemplary in certain areas.  Our education system, biomedical advances, work in AI, the tech sector in general, natural resource extraction, social policies, social cohesion.  There’s much good to recognize.  Google is investing heavily.  Places like Kitchener-Waterloo are great places to live pretty much on all metrics.  Our cities are always rated near the top in the world for quality of life.  People want to be here and they’re coming by the thousands.  Canada is safer and more accepting than the US, and I believe freer now too.  Nevertheless, this isn’t the time for back-patting.  

Excellent summation, Zeitgeist.  The only point I would take issue with is your statement - "Of course they have little support, no money, and no expertise on how to....".  The fact is that many if not most of these mobs are well paid for their illegal acts by such as Tides Foundation and other NGOs bent on preventing any of Canada's resources from getting to market. 

Edited by mowich
editing long post

On 2/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, Zeitgeist said:

No, your country buried any possibility of Indian opposition in the Indian wars.  As a smaller, more spread out country, we tried to live cooperatively, set up treaties, tried to educate and do what seemed progressive at the time.   Immigrants kept coming, and they didn’t come to Canada to live as the Indigenous did.  They came for an advanced western lifestyle.  So we have an anachronistic reserve system and Indian Act that Indigenous people want to keep, despite the persistence of unsustainable remote communities that are dependent for their existence on outside intervention.  We also have a few successful land claims that cost governments a fortune, especially in B.C., the epicentre of these problems.  Trudeau figured it out too late. Jody Wilson-Raybould worked her way up inside the system, but she always had an agenda.  The Liberals recruited radicals that will be the undoing of the party, hopefully not the country.  Yet the good hair and Trudeau name still carry a lot of weight with the electorate.  Either JT can subdue these threats or he will be crushed beneath them, sooner than later.  

Sooner would be best.

So Trudeau stands up today and says that he understands the frustrations and impact of rail blockades, but all must have more understanding and patience.

He dares not call the blockades "illegal", because that would mean somebody should be enforcing the "rule of law".

Oka was 78 days, but it was warm weather...how long can this one go ?

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Grand Mal said:

Those nutbars chanting and blocking traffic are no more the left than the nutbars who call themselves 'the Base' are the right. I've been liberal all my life and I say that anyone who is against pipelines needs to Google Lac Megantic. I also say Trudeau left liberal principles behind when he bought a pipeline. That's not what government is for.

There's two issues here. I'm convinced all those young white activists are all about their twist on environmentalism and are just piggy-backing on the Native issue because it gets more attention and makes them feel extra special. The Natives involved, well, that's between them and the government. That is one thing the government should be doing, dealing with whatever is going on there.

And no, that's not a leftist thing. For all you know those protesting Natives are a solid bloc of conservatism.

Good post.  On point and very true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oka was 78 days, but it was warm weather...how long can this one go ?

This is esacalatory to Oka, not in terms of the level of force, but at Oka they were only blocking the Mercier Bridge into Montreal

Emboldened by their victory at Oka, the Mohawks have since taken to blocking the main line of communication, Windsor to Quebec

So barring a climb down, there is a vector for collision here, because this will start to do real damage to the economy, then the mood could darken

22 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe what Canada needs today is not a military anymore but just have a national guard instead where they can be used to keep the peace from those eco terrorist communist thugs who have nothing to offer Canada except demonstrations like with this pipeline bs. Have your demonstrations but do not let them interfere with the flow of goods, traffic and people. That is where the line should be drawn. Millions of people were being denied their right to go freely about their business because of a bunch of upset hereditary Indian chiefs radicals. Deplorable.  

Why don't we task Canadian Rangers with the job of removing the thugs and punks from the blockades.  There are Ranger regiments all across Canada well equipped and able to do the job.

Just now, mowich said:

Why don't we task Canadian Rangers with the job of removing the thugs and punks from the blockades.  There are Ranger regiments all across Canada well equipped and able to do the job.

The Rangers are only trained and equipped to be observers and guides who report and advise, they don't have the training nor equipment to conduct tactical operations

The Rangers provide support to tactical units of troops in the wilderness, but if there is contact, the troops deal with that, the Rangers require their protection