Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

5 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Then what replaces it?

What preceded it? The Canada's. Ontario will have an Australia of it's very own, we simply won't have the rest of Canada dragging us down and they won't have us dragging them down. It will be glorious.

Australia and New Zealand don't need no stinking Confederation, neither does Ontario or Quebec or Alberta, etc.

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I am not part of the fifth column, but i used to be,

Who is? And who specifically  are the enemies they're fighting with.

I as a general rule( unlike almost every person ive spoken with in the less than a week ive been here) try to be the least bias/partisan  I can. These loaded statements like " fifth column" with obvious political leanings and no actual clarification of who and what you're specifically referring to (regardless of which way you lean) will never result in  mutual understanding of varying points of few

I encourage you to elaborate, im interested in what you actually believe and not just you waxing poetic 

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I make no bones about my partisan leanings, and no apologies for them neither.

Partisanship is no vice.    The people who pretend they are not partisan are simply liars not to be trusted, those who are open about their partisanship are simply speaking their truth.

Partisanship implies a predetermined prejudice. The rational person looks at each issue independently without presuppositions based solely on opinion.

Everyone's environment will create a certain level of bias, so we must be vigilant as not to let confirmation bias cloud our judgment.

If you're already sold (like you appear to be) how can you honestly think your epistemology is sound?

2 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Partisanship implies a predetermined prejudice. The rational person looks at each issue independently without presuppositions based solely on opinion.

The world is divided into two sorts of people.

People  who are prejudiced and openly admit it, and liars who pretend that they are not.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

The world is divided into two sorts of people.

People  who are prejudiced and openly admit it, and liars who pretend that they are not.

And there in lies the problem, you're not looking for discussion you try and pick fights.

Not only did i not say i have no prejudice, i specifically said that everyone has some.

Partisanship is not only accepting that bias but intentionally using it to evaluate all situations

But prove me wrong, go back to the last conversation about the queen you stopped responding to

Give me a syllogistic argument to explain " Without the monarchy Canada would fly apart, should be easy

3 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

But prove me wrong,

Logic dictates that I cannot prove a negative and to attempt is a fool's errand.

But moreover, I have nothing to prove.   I'm not trying to prove why I hate the Canadian Fake Country, I simply speak what is in my heart and mind.

This is a revolutionary war in the making, I ask no quarter, nor do I offer any.

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadians are priggish by nature, pretending that you are free of prejudice is typical Canadian holier than thou horseshit, it's laughable, but Canadians lack self awareness too.

Again, I said nothing of the sort, and pretending i did further proves you're being intellectually dishonest. What I did is that im aware of my prejudice and work to make sure it doesn't warp my vision on any particular issue.

You on the other hand use it as a crouch to avoid having to analyze the way to come to understand things

1 minute ago, SkyHigh said:

Again, I said nothing of the sort, and pretending i did further proves you're being intellectually dishonest. What I did is that im aware of my prejudice and work to make sure it doesn't warp my vision on any particular issue.

You on the other hand use it as a crouch to avoid having to analyze the way to come to understand things

Pretty sure I did not mention you there, nor was that quoting you, so if you took that to mean you, that's on you,

I'm beyond the analysis phase now,  I've chosen my side, and I am on a war footing, there is no middle ground, I'm no longer interested in parley with Canadian Prigs.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Logic dictates that I cannot prove a negative and to attempt is a fool's errand.

But moreover, I have nothing to prove.   I'm not trying to prove why I hate the Canadian Fake Country, I simply speak what is in my heart and mind.

This is a revolutionary war in the making, I ask no quarter, nor do I offer any.

Logic dictates? Please, you can't use logic while avoiding expressing a specific claim you made in syllogic form

Then you just went on another rant about nothing. Just a suggestion read some Aristotle before trying to argue logic. Didn't ask and dont care about your feelings about Canada, i asked you to support ypur claim with actual logic, but if you don't think proving that what you claim is based in sound reason , you're right you offer nothing

Just now, SkyHigh said:

Logic dictates? Please, you can't use logic while avoiding expressing a specific claim you made in syllogic form

Then you just went on another rant about nothing. Just a suggestion read some Aristotle before trying to argue logic. Didn't ask and dont care about your feelings about Canada, i asked you to support ypur claim with actual logic, but if you don't think proving that what you claim is based in sound reason , you're right you offer nothing

/shrugs

Guest PPC2019

It's Tit for Tat.... Back and Forth, Back and Forth.. One up, and one down.... Who's gonna get the last word? We just dance around in circles :)

Edited by PPC2019

11 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

It's Tit for Tat.... Back and Forth, Back and Forth.. One up, and one down.... Who's gonna get the last word? We just dance around in circles :)

I'm not keeping score, I just speak what is in my heart and mind, if some academic fop wants to prance around it, more power to him, no skin off my teeth.

18 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Canada doesn't live in a democracy. We live in a delegated democracy under a dictatorship. We live under a parliamentary-monarchy.

Conservatives that support dictatorships do so because they're conservative which is to say intrinsically sycophantic and obsequious towards powerful wealthy people.  To them this is as natural as recognizing and obeying laws such as those that physics describe - there are those who rule and those who are ruled. It's still olde and fashionable for conservatives to be with their rulers and betters because it's served these so well for so long. Why would anyone other than a low-brow no-account lefty want to change anything that might upset that?

Edited by eyeball

Guest PPC2019
8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Conservatives that support dictatorships do so because they're conservative which is to say intrinsically sycophantic and obsequious to powerful wealthy people.  To them this is as natural as recognizing and obeying laws such as those that physics describe - there are those who rule and those who are ruled. It's still olde and fashionable for conservatives to be with their rulers and betters because it's served these so well for so long. Why would anyone other than a low-brow no-account lefty want to change anything that might upset that?

I'm a grassroots conservative, but not an elitist. I got a problem with massive amounts of wealth being concentrated in a few hands.

Edited by PPC2019

Guest PPC2019

I'm tempted to join a society. I want to learn stock market manipulation and before wealthy. Maybe I should infiltrate them, get them to give out a few secrets. I need to figure out... What is the frequency. What is the frequency.

We all have frequencies, we just need to dial the right channel.

Edited by PPC2019