The Hypocrisy of the "Scheer Should Step Down" Articles in the Media

48 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. You're the one who said that CBC and CTV had no reasons for questioning Trudeau's leadership, I was pointing out that you were wrong.

2. So can you show me where they questioned Trudeau's leadership as a result eyeball? 

1.  Didn't YOU say this:

Can you tell me how these two running commentaries from CTV and CBC jive together?

1) Trudeau is a popular PM and his scandals are insignificant & unworthy of serious media coverage.

I asked for a link and I suppose you just forgot right ? 

2. Of course they don't do this... for ANY leader. "They" ie. the CBC don't take editorial stances.  And I guess I could ask for a link from you and hope 3rd time is the charm but maybe I'll just go away and mark you up as a poster who posts shit out of his head and doesn't need to back it up.  So fascinating for us too... :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Didn't YOU say this:

I asked for a link and I suppose you just forgot right ? 

2. Of course they don't do this... for ANY leader. "They" ie. the CBC don't take editorial stances.  And I guess I could ask for a link from you and hope 3rd time is the charm but maybe I'll just go away and mark you up as a poster who posts shit out of his head and doesn't need to back it up.  So fascinating for us too... :lol:

Originally I watched a CTV Newz show where there were 7 undecided voters who talked about Trudeau blackface. Of the 7, only 1 was upset by it. I couldn't find it on Google, but here's a CBC Newz episode from just after the blackface scandal where Trudeau talks to 5 "undecided" voters. I haven't watched it, but I'm going to guess that if I did I would come to the conclusion that they're not really undecided voters, they're shills who are there to lob Trudeau some pre-scripted softball questions, a-la the infamous Donna Brazile set-up for Hillary.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-met-voters-face-to-face-1.5303043

If Scheer did this there would be no calm, rational discussions with "undecided" voters who were actually Scheer supporters. They'd interview the crying, raging mob or they'd talk to a little black kid who said something like: "is the PM of Canada going to kill me?". That's how they operate.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Originally I watched a CTV Newz show where there were 7 undecided voters who talked about Trudeau blackface. Of the 7, only 1 was upset by it. I couldn't find it on Google, but here's a CBC Newz episode from just after the blackface scandal where Trudeau talks to 5 "undecided" voters. I haven't watched it, but I'm going to guess that if I did I would come to the conclusion that they're not really undecided voters, they're shills who are there to lob Trudeau some pre-scripted softball questions, a-la the infamous Donna Brazile set-up for Hillary.

If Scheer did this there would be no calm, rational discussions with "undecided" voters who were actually Scheer supporters. They'd interview the crying, raging mob or they'd talk to a little black kid who said something like: "is the PM of Canada going to kill me?". That's how they operate.

Further to that last post, one of the "undecided" voters was a muslim girl. I think we can all agree that no less than 90% of muslim voters are full-on Liberal supporters and less than 2% would vote Conservative. I don't expect you to take my word for it, so here's some propaganda for you to look at:

https://scholars.wlu.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=soci_faculty

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yeah, and that is not at all what you said you saw.  You said it was commentary 'from CBC and CTV'.  They don't give their opinion, they report what people say.  

And guess what - they were RIGHT... people didn't give a shit about blackface.  How we know: they re-elected Trudeau anyway.

And guess what else: I actually *believe* you that people don't give Scheer a fair shake.  If he had appeared in blackface instead of Trudeau, I guarantee you that all my friends would have fainted en masse.  Is it hypocritical of the Toronto 'elite' set ?  OF COURSE IT IS.  People are hypocrites and the Easter bunny is actually a stripper in Sudbury.  I'm really sorry to tell you this.

But it's different from saying that CBC and CTV stack the deck against Trudeau, or have a conspiracy to support him.  And I'm sure the coming Conservative majority government will prove me right...  That's all from me on this topic.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think we can all agree that no less than 90% of muslim voters are full-on Liberal supporters and less than 2% would vote Conservative.  

Based on what ?!?   Do you just make opinions up out of your head and then say "we can all agree" ? I was done posting on this but ...

Here:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/canadianmuslimvote/pages/1404/attachments/original/1557675228/Mainstreet_CMVote_FINAL2_(1).pdf?1557675228

Muslims in Ontario were MORE LIKELY to vote for Ford than the average voter - see source.  And I can guarantee you that's because he supported taking sex education out of schools.

Enough !

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Based on what ?!?   Do you just make opinions up out of your head and then say "we can all agree" ? I was done posting on this but ...

Here:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/canadianmuslimvote/pages/1404/attachments/original/1557675228/Mainstreet_CMVote_FINAL2_(1).pdf?1557675228

Muslims in Ontario were MORE LIKELY to vote for Ford than the average voter - see source.  And I can guarantee you that's because he supported taking sex education out of schools.

Enough !

Everyone was pretty much more likely to vote for Ford.  It was a landslide due to the Liberals track record of complete provincial mismanagement.  However, federally it’s much different.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-environics-muslims-politics-1.3555216

From what I’ve heard, it was the same in 2019.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Everyone was pretty much more likely to vote for Ford.  

'Everyone' can't be more likely to do something than the average.  That's not good math.  The Muslims voted for Ford more than non-Muslims did.

Seems like religious folks love Ford... not a surprise but it also makes it hard to tie Muslims to liberal lefties knowing that...

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're the one who said that CBC and CTV had no reasons for questioning Trudeau's leadership, I was pointing out that you were wrong.

And I suggested that was because there was no one in the Liberal party asking that question.  You didn't point out anything other than your own confused way of looking at things.    

So can you show me where they questioned Trudeau's leadership as a result eyeball? 

No, how can I show you something that didn't happen?  All that happened is that people left the party.  The media is not questioning Scheer's leadership they are simply reporting that his party is questioning his leadership. See the difference?

Why aren't Conservatives leaving the Party if that's the standard for showing you're questioning your party's leadership?

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here:

Enough !

Did you read the link I posted? Get over yourself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah, and that is not at all what you said you saw.  You said it was commentary 'from CBC and CTV'.  They don't give their opinion, they report what people say.  

OMG, if that's where you're at intellectually then this is a moot point. Just pay attention elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And I suggested that was because there was no one in the Liberal party asking that question.  You didn't point out anything other than your own confused way of looking at things.    

No, how can I show you something that didn't happen?  All that happened is that people left the party.  The media is not questioning Scheer's leadership they are simply reporting that his party is questioning his leadership. See the difference?

Why aren't Conservatives leaving the Party if that's the standard for showing you're questioning your party's leadership?

You were wrong, and people were leaving the party for no other reason than Justin Trudeau's behaviour. If that's not reason enough for the CBC to raise the question of whether or not the Liberal party needs a leadership change then nothing is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Are right-wingers really this oblivious to just how embarrassingly ridiculous their preoccupation with Deep-State conspiracies makes them look and how badly it messes up their ability to think straight?

I guess we can thank Trump for making this normal.

It’s not really conspiracies as much as unconscious bias, especially within the mainstream media.  

24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You were wrong, and people were leaving the party for no other reason than Justin Trudeau's behaviour.

Of course that's why they were leaving.  I'm agreeing with you but I'm wrong. Why on Earth do you insist on being so stupid about this?  I'll tell you why, it's because your belief in the existence of a Deep-State is making you retarded.

If that's not reason enough for the CBC to raise the question of whether or not the Liberal party needs a leadership change then nothing is.

An even better question would have been to ask why so many other members didn't leave or question their leadership.

Maybe the Conservative Party needs a Deep-State of its own so it can start countering the advances of the Liberal Party's Deep-State. What do you think?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Shady said:

No not really.

Okay Ketamine then.

There is no doubt at all however that the right's preoccupation with bias in the media has morphed into just about the stupidest government conspiracy on the planet bar none.  So many of your ilk have taken it so seriously that it's become like if not worse than a primitive religious belief.

It's so pathetic it's lost it's hilarity.  It's actually becoming a threat to social cohesion.

The real mystery is why so many seemingly intelligent right-wingers refuse to tell their stupider cousins to tone it down a little. It's like I said Trump has made being stupid normal.

Edited by eyeball

22 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Okay Ketamine then.

There is no doubt at all however that the right's preoccupation with bias in the media has morphed into just about the stupidest government conspiracy on the planet bar none.  So many of your ilk have taken it so seriously that it's become like if not worse than a primitive religious belief.

It's so pathetic it's lost it's hilarity.  It's actually becoming a threat to social cohesion.

The real mystery is why so many seemingly intelligent right-wingers refuse to tell their stupider cousins to tone it down a little. It's like I said Trump has made being stupid normal.

I guess.  But it doesn’t help things when the FBI has been found to have been involved in significant misconduct.  Which I thought you said was no surprise because it’s the United States?  Now it’s a preoccupation and conspiracy?  Which is it?  True and not surprise or a dumb conspiracy?  

Just now, eyeball said:

Of course I don't. We've both agreed Trump is an effect not a cause. Americans, or republicans at least have had to dumb themselves down for Trump not the other way around.

Then why is anyone discussing "Trump" in a thread about Andrew Scheer resigning in Canada ?

• Like 2