Ethnic diversity harms a country's social cohesion

Argus

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

What am I looking for?

preposition
preposition: above
  1. 1.
    in extended space over and not touching.
    "a display of fireworks above the town"
    • extending upward over.
      "her arms above her head"
    • higher than and to one side of; overlooking.
      "in the hills above the capital"
      synonyms: over, higher (up) than, overlooking; More
      on top of, atop, on, upon
      "light filtered through a tiny window above the door"
      antonyms: below, under, beneath
  2. 2.
    at a higher level or layer than.
    "bruises above both eyes"

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:
preposition
preposition: above
  1. 1.
    in extended space over and not touching.
    "a display of fireworks above the town"
    • extending upward over.
      "her arms above her head"
    • higher than and to one side of; overlooking.
      "in the hills above the capital"
      synonyms: over, higher (up) than, overlooking; More
      on top of, atop, on, upon
      "light filtered through a tiny window above the door"
      antonyms: below, under, beneath
  2. 2.
    at a higher level or layer than.
    "bruises above both eyes"

I don't see any point you made above that justifies your Sharia Law concern trolling, so you are going to have to be more specific.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

How is that Muhammad Ali?  How is that the King of Jordan?  How is that the lovely lady who takes care of me down that luxury used car dealership?

I don't know about Muhammad Ali or the King of Jordan, but the lady down at the used car dealership sounds like an absolute prize.

Still, that's the argument all the time.  If you have contempt and disgust for some of them, it must follow that you have contempt and disgust for all of them.

It's constant, and boring.

When it comes to Sharia law though, no less a personage than the Archbishop of Canterbury (older version) has stated that some aspects of Sharia Law should be introduced into British culture.  He was a complete pratt, of course.

Edit>  Probably still is.

Edited by bcsapper

IIf you have contempt and disgust for some of them, it must follow that you have contempt and disgust for all of them.

Why would I have contempt and disgust for any of them?

They worship the same God I do.

The only people I have contempt and disgust for are those who are the enemies of Brandenburg v Ohio and DC v Heller.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Why would I have contempt and disgust for any of them?

They worship the same God I do.

The only people I have contempt and disgust for are those who are the enemies of Brandenburg v Ohio and DC v Heller.

Ah, okay.  Sometimes these arguments come down to a very basic disagreement that no amount of arguing is going to change.

What's your disagreement with Mooslambs?

It's the disagreement with you that I was talking about.  If you find nothing contemptible or disgusting in Islam, then that's your view.  Nothing I can say will change that, given the evidence you must have already overlooked.

Any request for such evidence will, of course, force me to go to the link again.

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It's the disagreement with you that I was talking about.  If you find nothing contemptible or disgusting in Islam, then that's your view.  Nothing I can say will change that, given the evidence you must have already overlooked.

Any request for such evidence will, of course, force me to go to the link again.

You refuse to state what you find disgusting or contemptible, and go painting all Muslim's with a broad brush. The fact that you won't even state what your opinion is after numerous requests just goes to show you are scarred your argument will be torn to shreds, so you keep it to yourself to prevent your bubble from bursting.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No link required, I will take your word as a gentleman, present me the evidence on my assumption that you are a source of impeccable reputation; HM Sapper.

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You refuse to state what you find disgusting or contemptible, and go painting all Muslim's with a broad brush. The fact that you won't even state what your opinion is after numerous requests just goes to show you are scarred your argument will be torn to shreds, so you keep it to yourself to prevent your bubble from bursting.

Arguing about Islam is like shooting fish in a barrel.  The fact that you pretend there is nothing disgusting or contemptible with the religion, and the fact that you have to use the old "all Muslims" saw, shows you have no argument at all.

Arguing about Islam is like shooting fish in a barrel.  The fact that you pretend there is nothing disgusting or contemptible with the religion, and the fact that you have to use the old "all Muslims" saw, shows you have no argument at all.

Why would we have to present any argument against an unfounded assertion of "disgusting & contemptible"?  It is because you say it is, is circular logic so unproven by default.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Why would we have to present any argument against an unfounded assertion of "disgusting & contemptible"?  It is because you say it is, is circular logic so unproven by default.

You don't have to present an argument.  Like I said, that's your view, and there's nothing I can do about that.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You don't have to present an argument.  Like I said, that's your view, and there's nothing I can do about that.

The onus is not on me to prove a negative.

Your assertion is "disgusting & contemptible" argument is when you prove cogently by presenting evidence to underpin it.

If you don't understand what an argument is, just to let you know; you are full of shit until you make your argument.

Nobody has to prove you wrong, you are wrong by default if you can't present your argument underpinned by logic.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The onus is not on me to prove a negative.

Your assertion is "disgusting & contemptible" argument is when you prove cogently by presenting evidence to underpin it.

If you don't understand what an argument is, just to let you know; you are full of shit until you make your argument.

Nobody has to prove you wrong, you are wrong by default if you can't present your argument underpinned by logic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

I think even those who coined the term would never have imagined it would be used to describe requests for evidence of the egregious aspects of Islam.

I think even those who coined the term would never have imagined it would be used to describe requests for evidence of the egregious aspects of Islam.

I am posting in good faith.  Moderator take note.

bcsapper's assertion is that something about Islam is "disgusting & contemptible"

That is an unfounded assertion, he refuses apparently to back that up with any evidence, to wit logical underpinning.

The onus is not on me to prove him wrong in an argument, the onus is on him to prove his assertions.

I am simply waiting for him to present a cogent argument underpinned by logic.

Whatever his thing about "sealionins" is, I would say it's simply a distraction, smokescreen to avoid the point.

I am posting in good faith.  Moderator take note.

bcsapper's assertion is that something about Islam is "disgusting & contemptible"

That is an unfounded assertion, he refuses apparently to back that up with any evidence, to wit logical underpinning.

The onus is not on me to prove him wrong in an argument, the onus is on him to prove his assertions.

I am simply waiting for him to present a cogent argument underpinned by logic.

Whatever his thing about "sealionins" is, I would say it's simply a distraction, smokescreen to avoid the point.

Moderator take note.

Edit>  Or not.  I don't care.

Edited by bcsapper

Moderator take note.

Edit>  Or not.  I don't care.

Then in good faith retract your unfounded assertion of "disgusting & contemptible"

Surely if you are going to indict so many people with such a broad brush, it falls on you to at least underpin that with some sort of logic, evidence, or at the very least explanation.