The Spectacular of Peaceful Protest in Hong Kong

xul

I am confident that BC2004 was fully prepared to pull the trigger, the Emergency Action Message would have come down from from the NCA by way of TACAMO and if the authentication codes were for launch on warning, DEFCON 1, birds in the air.

How or why or what for, BC2004 would not have known, nor would he have inquired, any missileer will tell you that they would have launched first and then thought about it after, because they had been conditioned by the repetitive training to go through the process like clockwork.

Just because I was an infantryman doesn't mean I wasn't a Cold Warrior, BC2004 and I were on the same mission, my role was to prevent the Soviets from reaching the Rhine by way of the Fulda Gap.   If that failed, theater thermonuclear war was next, if that failed, BC2004 was charged with taking it from there.

I was the first line of defense, tip of the spear, BC2004 was the last line of defense, backs against the wall.

The entire purpose of it all was to defend the CONUS, not one drop from the Mississippi shall they drink, Western Europe and Canada was actually just no man's land.

As to "Terminator: Salvation", that's just the movies, the actual effects of thermonuclear weapons are exaggerated by the media, certainly a nuclear war with China would do damage, but since the Chinese deterrent is actually rather modest, the bulk of the damage would be inflicted on them in a counterforce, the Americans would not have to nor would they resort to countervalue all out exchange.

If the Americans employed the Lockheed Martin UGM-133 Trident II SLBM, it would be in a depressed trajectory counterforce profile with W76 warheads against regime targets, certainly some Chinese non-combatants would be killed as collateral damage but the Americans would not be actively targeting civilian population centers other than Beijing.

The Americans are in fact manufacturing a new version of the W76, W76-2 which is only 5-7 kilotons yield, that is by nature a counterforce weapon, small, accurate, yet low yield,  nukes for striking other nukes preemptively.

So whatever the public might be told, the nuclear force posture of the Americans is  preemptive counterforce enabled by ballistic missile defense, not just a deterrent, they are preparing to fight and win a nuclear war.

This was initiated in 2006 by the Bush Administration unilaterally withdrawing from the 1987 Anti Ballistic Missile Treaty, which signaled that the Americans were abandoning Mutual Vulnerability which the public refers to as "MAD"

This has incited a new arms race wherein the Russians and Chinese are struggling to keep up,  inciting them to become ever more aggressive and reckless in the face of that, otherwise known as Cold War Two.

Edited by Dougie93

Canadian mainstream media CBC's video: Hong Kong police draw guns on pro-democracy protesters

But from this video, you can see under what kind of circumstance, the police officers drew their guns. And you can also see what damage the so-called pro-democracy protesters had done to innocent residents and small business owners.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

It's gone beyond protest now, this is a full scale uprising.

They can't win though.

The best they can do is provoke Beijing to come out from the shadows and crush them with the PLA.

Martyrs for the cause, God save them.

Why need to crush them with PLA? One nuke will finish all these protests....LOL, I'm joking. The IQ of CCP's leadership is far beyond this.

These so-called pro-democracy protesters or mobs are cowards. You can see from the video in my posts. They were only so "brave" when they out-numbered police officers and knew police wouldn't use deadly weapons against them. When police officers drew their guns, these cowards fled even before riot police's water canon came. ( I suppose the police officers who drew guns were just local village policemen since their Captain-American-styled shields were too small to deal with riots. The police arrived later with larger rectangle shields were riot police.)  So no need PLA at all. If HK police is authorized to open fire on rioters, the game will be over.

CCP is playing very shrewd game. Regardless who are behind these protests, It seems like they have lost control of the movement. So currently CCP just needs to do nothing and let the mob protesters perform. These idiots will help CCP to turn HK public opinion against protesters, then dealing with a few mobs will not be hard jobs for any police force. This was the strategy which De Gaulle played during May 1968 events in France.

Edited by xul

While I am bound by oath not to engage in violent insurrection against my own sovereign, I do not oppose free people insurging as they see fit.

Because peaceful protest is a waste of time, it doesn't work, you have to provoke the powers that be into overreach, and so you have to confront them, and that leads to violence.

Peaceful protest is when the police tell you, okay, that's enough, break it up, move along, and you do.  

Soon as you refuse to just move along on command, that is no longer a peaceful protest.

Because you are offering resistance, and resistance is not peaceful by definition.

None the less, upon withdraw of the British Gurkha's backed by a nuclear deterrent in 1997, Hong Kong was at the mercy of Beijing from that point on.

Again, best they can hope for here is to force the PLA to intervene directly, provoke them into showing their fangs again, as at Tienanmen Square.

Edited by Dougie93

Multiple Oxygen Bottles Discharged On Cathay Pacific Aircraft In Canada

https://simpleflying.com/cathay-oxygen-bottles-discharged-canada/

Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific Airlines is investigating how multiple oxygen bottles were found empty on two aircraft at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) in Canada.

The Oneworld alliance member said it has launched an investigation after a dozen cabin crew oxygen bottles were found either partially or fully empty on two of the airline’s aircraft.
Airline staff became aware that the oxygen bottles had been tampered with during routine ground inspections of two Cathay Pacific’s planes. One of the aircraft had five bottles that had been tampered with, while the other had eight.

Each of the jets is equipped with 22 oxygen bottles so that the cabin crew can breathe and move about the cabin in an emergency, should the aircraft lose cabin pressure. A loss of cabin pressure would automatically see the deployment of the passenger’s overhead oxygen masks, but crew would have to be reliant on mobile solutions.

This latest incident comes on the heels of protests in Hong Kong, which has seen Hong Kong International Airport close down due to demonstrations. As of yet, the airline has been unable to say who could be behind what appears to be a deliberate act that, if gone undetected, could have proven to be a serious safety breach.

Regardless who did this, it is terrorism.

Protesters blocked Hong Kong International Airport again on September 1

Black-shirt mob protesters disrupted subway trains and stations then took off black their shirt, changed back to "peaceful" protesters and fled when riot police arrived.

Passengers heading to HK airport stranded as Airport Express is suspended

On BBC, as usual, these black-shirt masked protesters claim that they are all peaceful and law-abiding citizens, though some parts of the BBC video tell audience otherwise. 

Finally find somethings truly peaceful:

Hundreds of British Overseas Citizen passport holders begging their colonial master's mercy to allow them living and working in UK.

Currently, these British oversea citizens are only allowed to visit UK without visa for less than 6 months. They are not allowed working in UK. In short, they are allowed to spend the money which they earned in HK in UK, but not allowed to earn money from their master...

Edited by xul

Third Cathay Pacific Group oxygen tank found emptied before take-off from Hong Kong airport

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/third-cathay-pacific-group-oxygen-162850290.html

A third Cathay Pacific Group plane was found with an emptied oxygen bottle on Friday, prompting the airline to call in police and the aviation authority to investigate.

The latest discovery, during pre-departure cabin checks, involved one discharged oxygen bottle on a Cathay Dragon plane.

It comes after Cathay Pacific Airways’ Tuesday disclosure that it was investigating how two different Boeing 777 planes ended up carrying empty and partly empty oxygen bottles – 13 in total – when they arrived in Toronto from Hong Kong on August 17 and 18.

In the newest case an Airbus A330, registered B-LBI, arrived from Bali, Indonesia, and the post-arrival checks found all oxygen bottles were full. By the time it was readied to fly to Kuala Lumpur the next morning, one of the canisters had been discharged.

Cathay Dragon confirmed the bottles – which crew typically use to move around the cabin in the rare event of an emergency depressurisation – had been found depressurised.

Only Cathay Pacific employees could access these oxygen tanks. But from their union leader's mouth, they are all peaceful and dedicated professionals who should not be kicked out by their employer regardless what kind of damage they have done to their employer.

"We don't want to lose Cathay" ? What a joke! Does she think Cathay Pacific is the only airline in the world so passengers have no option but use it anyway regardless how much it is unreliable? She even don't know that what they are doing is destroying the company then the lives of themselves since no employer would hire an employee who used to sabotage the employer's property and endanger the employers's customers' lives.

I despise these people, not because they are Honkies and I'm a mainlander as Rue speculated, but because they are so selfish persons who never consider others but themselves.

Edited by xul

On 8/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Dougie93 said:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, terrorism is all relative, everybody has their own terrorists, so long as those terrorists attack the other guy, they are freedom fighters.

The statement sounds so familiar that makes me remembering some Schwarzenegger's old film...

On 8/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, sharkman said:

I guess one good thing that may come out of this is that when China crushes the uprising, anyone who can think clearly will see China for the regime that it is. 

Yes. Trudeau will again be able to express his admiration for how efficient their basic dictatorship is.

Edited by Argus

But in Global News, the source video of mob protesters sabotaging subway trains and attacking passengers is deliberately edited off and entitled with "Hong Kong police seen on video targeting commuters with batons and pepper spray", though some of these so-called "commuters" have forgotten taking off their black mob  masks.

Of course, what these mobs have done you will never seen from mainstream media:

At 0:31 of the above CNA news video, you can see the LED display on the ceiling of the subway station showed "Serious Situation, Evacuate Immediately" and you can see mobs were crashing everything include that display with long steel bars. Do you think any commuter who had normal IQ would still stay in the station and train when police arrived.

Even at 0:13 of the Global News video, you can also see the so-called "commuters" using umbrellas to resist police officers entering train cars. What kind of "commuters" would do such thing? 

Edited by xul

1 minute ago, xul said:

But in Global News, the source video of mob protesters sabotaging subway trains and attacking passengers is deliberately edited and entitled with "Hong Kong police seen on video targeting commuters with batons and pepper spray", though some of these so-called "commuters" have forgotten taking of their black masks.

Ah, so "some" of them might be guilty of protesting against China's fascist government? Too bad about the rest who were just going about their business, right, when the gestapo in jackboots ran into their subway cars flailing about indiscriminately with clubs and fists.

Tell me, are you getting social credit points for spewing this propaganda?

7 hours ago, Argus said:

Ah, so "some" of them might be guilty of protesting against China's fascist government? Too bad about the rest who were just going about their business, right, when the gestapo in jackboots ran into their subway cars flailing about indiscriminately with clubs and fists.

Tell me, are you getting social credit points for spewing this propaganda?

I'm not only listening what people say but also watch what they do. Usually people's action not their rhetoric shows what they truly are.

As for propaganda, most video I post here are from CNN, BBC, CBC, Global News....and even VOA. I'm just questioning why these propagandists' audio stories  are not accordant with what I see in  their video.

Definition of Propaganda:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

What Global News' reporters and editors did on that fake news video is definitely accordance with the definition of propaganda.

And if you read the comments under the Global fake news, you would find they had pathetically fooled no one. Of course you could claim that everyone commented there was a Chinese propagandist, but it would embarrass Global News more because it sounds like nobody watches their video except Chinese propagandists....LOL

Edited by xul

9 hours ago, xul said:

I'm not only listening what people say but also watch what they do. Usually people's action not their rhetoric shows what they truly are.

Of course, You can watch the video and make your own call. May be you think all the noraml passengers inside the train are collateral damage.  Then, most of the NA news videos are only from few media now. I understand CNN, BBC, CTV can not use few "police brutality" videos because they cannot find the video owner. Then, we all need to understand that HK gov't don't approve any protest permit after mid-aug. With that, most protest will turn into a riot because of police brutality.

suspected undercover cop felt he needed to draw his gun :P

gbmSyFV.jpg

Edited by egghead

Thousands of Hong Kong school pupils boycott classes, join protests

The editor of Chinese state-owned tabloid Global Times Hu Xijin recently visited HK and upload a video of his tour. In the video, he showed homes of some HK residents who he visited and speculate that the hardness of over 1 million poor people's living especially housing conditions might be the root cause of the protests.

In the video he said he visited a family whose 3 bed rooms apartment home was only 50 square meters (538 square feet). The largest bed room was 5 square meters (53.8 square feet) . Another family hadn't kids, so their home was a one room unit, which meat everything, kitchen, bed room, living room was in that single room (like a bachelor unit in Canada?). In his video, the foyer and gym of the condo building looked modernized and very nice, but inside of the units of its residents were really miserable. Another building he visited was about 40 years old. Three families lived in a unit about 70 square meters (753 square feet), the smallest area of a family was only 6 to 7 square meters (64 to 75 square feet). Each family had their own kitchen if you called it kitchen since it only had 2 square meters area and toilet was just by the stove. He said his tour guide told him there were about 1 million HK residents lived on such condition.

I'm not sure if his speculation was correct. But if I lived in such kind of home, I would definitely prefer staying on street rather than staying at home on weekends. 

Edited by xul

5 hours ago, egghead said:

He is wrong, and he shall show more living condition of regular.  However, the living condition is an easy fix. HKG just don't have the will to do it. and it can fix within 5~6 yrs. Why? it is be'cos it does not fit the CPC proposition.

I have read before that a lot of the motivation among young Hong Kong residents is their lack of hope for the future even as it is. The costs of living there are enormous, and their chances of ever having enough money to even rent their own place is slim. Harsh working conditions, poor wages for most, and no hope for the future makes young people willing to do just about anything.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

I have read before that a lot of the motivation among young Hong Kong residents is their lack of hope for the future even as it is. The costs of living there are enormous, and their chances of ever having enough money to even rent their own place is slim. Harsh working conditions, poor wages for most, and no hope for the future makes young people willing to do just about anything.

ya,  it is becasue the cost of real estate has skyrocketed since 2006 or 2007, and HK gov't is too chicken to act (HKers know the issue). Few people start to believe HK will rollback to pre-ICAC HK after the dust settle.