The Spectacular of Peaceful Protest in Hong Kong

xul

22 hours ago, xul said:

You do what ever you want. I bet you will get nothing but only disgrace to yourself.

Using personal attacks in an argument won't help anyone to win the debate.Playing victim or using baseless accusation against who has different opinion with you won't help your cause either.

Other people have been shut down on this forum for using photos as you have. Your use of photos does not prove your point. That is what I am challenging your use of photos. You use photos to troll. You inflame the dialogue by trying to dominate the dialogue with pictures that are selective. That XUl makes you a Chinese Communist Party shrill. It makes you nothing more than a troll if you can't do anything but generalize that every single person in Kong Kong who protests is a criminal which has been your intent from the get go with the pictures. You bet I challenge you on that and using photos to inflame. Its been done on other topics and been shut down for far less photos. If its not now that inconsistency won't surprise me as trying to figure out what  is considered trolling on this board has always been a fluid definition but I am saying clearly, showing picture after picture as you have does not prove your point at all, just the opposite and its trolling. What it shows is you are shrilling, i.e., screaming, i.e., calling out over and over again that Hong King protesters are all bad. It proves zero. That does not mean I am playing victim or making you one. I\. It means I challenge you as a one sided Communist sock puppet who can't grasp the concept of someone disagreeing with your beloved Communist Party.

Its not a personal attack. Its an attack on your use of photos and smearing of Hong Kong dissidents and your selective one sided view You are not being personally attacked you use of photos and your pro Communist views that render you a sock puppet in favour of brutal force against Kong Kong dissidents that are challenged. I do not know you personally to be able to attack you personally.

Further your attempting to excuse brutality by saying others do it is illogical. Since when is brutality excused by other brutality? What kind of brilliant reasoning is that? What that kind of attempt to defend your police's brutality shows is you know what your country does is brutal and try justifying it by saying we do it too. Really. You know what...I have said in this country when the police act excessively what do you think happens Xul? Do you see people put in political prisons? Are they shot in the stomach? Tell me as questionable as our police might be when was the last time they needed to shoot someone in the stomach point blank range at a rally? Thanks I think I have a safer chance in Canada of holding a rally that is non violent than in China.

Tell me you really want to compare human rights records in China with any other country? Really? Go on then Explain how you handle your Muslims because your country criticizes Israel for how it handles the West Bank or how other countries handle Muslims so do tell us. How about Tibet.?How are things there these days for its people. Do they love living under Chinese rule? 

Here let me spell it out-your country engages in brutal totalitarianism and excessive force-the exact things your country accuses other countries of.  I support the right of anyone to peacefully protest and your trying to show up all people protesting as criminals is bullshit. Have a nice day comrade.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

Other people have been shut down on this forum for using photos as you have. Your use of photos does not prove your point. That is what I am challenging your use of photos. You use photos to troll. You inflame the dialogue by trying to dominate the dialogue with pictures that are selective. That XUl makes you a Chinese Communist Party shrill. It makes you nothing more than a troll if you can't do anything but generalize that every single person in Kong Kong who protests is a criminal which has been your intent from the get go with the pictures. You bet I challenge you on that and using photos to inflame. Its been done on other topics and been shut down for far less photos. If its not now that inconsistency won't surprise me as trying to figure out what  is considered trolling on this board has always been a fluid definition but I am saying clearly, showing picture after picture as you have does not prove your point at all, just the opposite and its trolling. What it shows is you are shrilling, i.e., screaming, i.e., calling out over and over again that Hong King protesters are all bad. It proves zero. That does not mean I am playing victim or making you one. I\. It means I challenge you as a one sided Communist sock puppet who can't grasp the concept of someone disagreeing with your beloved Communist Party.

Its not a personal attack. Its an attack on your use of photos and smearing of Hong Kong dissidents and your selective one sided view You are not being personally attacked you use of photos and your pro Communist views that render you a sock puppet in favour of brutal force against Kong Kong dissidents that are challenged. I do not know you personally to be able to attack you personally.

Further your attempting to excuse brutality by saying others do it is illogical. Since when is brutality excused by other brutality? What kind of brilliant reasoning is that? What that kind of attempt to defend your police's brutality shows is you know what your country does is brutal and try justifying it by saying we do it too. Really. You know what...I have said in this country when the police act excessively what do you think happens Xul? Do you see people put in political prisons? Are they shot in the stomach? Tell me as questionable as our police might be when was the last time they needed to shoot someone in the stomach point blank range at a rally? Thanks I think I have a safer chance in Canada of holding a rally that is non violent than in China.

Tell me you really want to compare human rights records in China with any other country? Really? Go on then Explain how you handle your Muslims because your country criticizes Israel for how it handles the West Bank or how other countries handle Muslims so do tell us. How about Tibet.?How are things there these days for its people. Do they love living under Chinese rule? 

Here let me spell it out-your country engages in brutal totalitarianism and excessive force-the exact things your country accuses other countries of.  I support the right of anyone to peacefully protest and your trying to show up all people protesting as criminals is bullshit. Have a nice day comrade.

tenor.gif?itemid=11745155

Amen.  

After posted many dark stuffs, maybe it's time to bring in something lighthearted for the discussion:

When Star Wars: Phantom Menace was released in 1999, I was still young and felt that the Jedi philosophy was kinda laughable.

Now after I watched all these videos which showed how these Hong Kong protesters gradually lost their humanity during the protests like young Anakin Skywalker fell to the dark side in the film, I find the Jedi philosophy is quite prophetic:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.....

Edited by xul

Xul you stated: " Now after I watched all these videos which showed how these Hong Kong protesters gradually lost their humanity during the protests....." how is it you did not notice who else lost their humanity?

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2019/06/hong-kong-police-violence/

So tell me Xul you gonna kill all these people?  Hmmmmm? Must be something to be so frightened of your own people you lose your humanity for your fellow citizens and don't see any irony in your blind support of your beloved Communist Party petrified of free speech.

Police-shoot-protester-in-Hong-Kong-on-Chinas-National-Day.jpg

On 10/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, Rue said:

Xul has trolled the board with cut and paste of photos and I want to make it public I will file a complaint to the moderator who should have shut him down from doing that.

It is useless, my old account is still suspended, and Xul account is still good. As I said, the moderator is a LOSER WHO STANDS WITH CHINA and invokes rules when it's convenient and then dodge it when it's not. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:04 PM, Rue said:

Image result for chinese communist             th?id=OIP.YAkT0dzSgvHGZjB79fbP1AHaEK&pid 

th?id=OIP.pA9IDB6ctMEdBHaqRnscBQHaFj&pid      Image result for chinese communist

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Ah its back to the good old days XUL......

Image result for chinese communist     Image result for hong kong police shoot protester in stomach

How many this time XUL? 20 million? 49 million?

Go on wake him up:

Image result for mao killed 20 million

In the math class of Hong Kong University for Mentally Handicapped Students:

Teacher: ...Now, let's solve application problems. During yesterday‘s protests, our student Mr.E threw a Molotov cocktail into a subway station and student Mr.R threw a Molotov cocktail on a police car. How many Molotov cocktails were thrown by both of you in all?

Student  Mr.E: One.

Teacher: Wrong.

Student Mr.R: Three.

Teacher: You are wrong too.

Student Mr.R: I can't be wrong. If Mr.E is wrong, and I disagree with him by giving you a different answer, I will be deemed to be correct..... You are just a CCP supporter who always tries to discourage us by making us feel like idiots. Eat this Molotov cocktail....

Teacher: I wasn't a CCP supporter but now I have to agree with CCP-----you just can't give monkeys Molotov cocktails....

Edited by xul

Another spectacular show: "pro-democracy" council members successfully silenced Carrie Lam during Hong Kong Legislative Council conference by heckling and throwing object at her.

"Civilization will lead to democracy but democracy doesn't exist without civilization. Here is a great example!" Someone commented under the CNA NEWS video.

Though it seems like HK pro-democracy politicians are still more civilized than pro-democracy mobs. The mobs used to throw Molotov cocktails and shout "rape your mother" at those who disagree with them. 

As for "Hongkie protesters have lost their humanity", who would use their children as mobs to achieve their political goals meanwhile still have some humanity in them?

Edited by xul

On 10/9/2019 at 7:28 PM, Rue said:

Look at all these violent thugs:

Image result for Chinese brutality in Hong Kong

Image result for Chinese brutality in Hong Kong So how far do we go with the posts Xul?

Image result for Chinese brutality in Hong Kong 

It seems like you have no idea what law enforcement means....

On October 5, 2019, a  masked pro-HK-portester protester entered a shopping mall in Richmond, near Vancouver, probably trying to harass shoppers who were supposed to be Chinese from mainland. You can see from the video how Canadian police deals with such kind of aggressive activity....though this guy didn't dare to vandalize shops or throw Molotov cocktails like his Hongkie mob comrades.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, xul said:

In the math class of Hong Kong University for Mentally Handicapped Students:

Teacher: ...Now, let's solve application problems. During yesterday‘s protests, our student Mr.E threw a Molotov cocktail into a subway station and student Mr.R threw a Molotov cocktail on a police car. How many Molotov cocktails were thrown by both of you in all?

Student  Mr.E: One.

Teacher: Wrong.

Student Mr.R: Three.

Teacher: You are wrong too.

Student Mr.R: I can't be wrong. If Mr.E is wrong, and I disagree with him by giving you a different answer, I will be deemed to be correct..... You are just a CCP supporter who always tries to discourage us by making us feel like idiots. Eat this Molotov cocktail....

Teacher: I wasn't a CCP supporter but now I have to agree with CCP-----you just can't give monkeys Molotov cocktails....

So let me see if I understand your formula

XUL= universal truth

Hong Kong dissenter = terror + crime + evil

My problem of course is you assume because you create the formulas, it makes them infallible let alone logical.

All  you have done is express your subjective biases posing them in a script you pretend is based on objectivity.

17 hours ago, xul said:

It seems like you have no idea what law enforcement means....

On October 5, 2019, a  masked pro-HK-portester protester entered a shopping mall in Richmond, near Vancouver, probably trying to harass shoppers who were supposed to be Chinese from mainland. You can see from the video how Canadian police deals with such kind of aggressive activity....though this guy didn't dare to vandalize shops or throw Molotov cocktails like his Hongkie mob comrades.

It seems you have an idea of what you think law enforcement means and think your idea is the only one possible.

It also seems because of that you call anyone who disagrees with you subjective dehumanizing names like criminal, evil, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/1d76126a-bedc-11e9-b350-db00d509634e

I think I know why trump thinks they are riots and not protests:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.com/amp/politics/trump-supporter-arrested-in-bear-spray-attack/5636430/

It's ironic how the two end up on the same side of brutal assaults.  Maybe america can buy Hong Kong and give them "liberty"?  

• 3 weeks later...

Recently Deutsche Welle (DW) interviewed  a protester leader Joey Siu,  who is the Vice President of Student Union of the City University of Hong Kong.

In the comment section of the video, I saw many commenters noticed that the girl used too many "I believe" instead of solid fact and logic to support protesters' deeds and demands. I can not resist to comment under the video, saying that all her words could be summarized in short "In times of desperation, we protesters only believe what we want to believe".

Unfortunately, my joke isn't only a joke but the truth as well. Now the protesters are just like this stupid snake. It eats its tail because it believe its tail is another snake which is attacking it. It bits. It feels pain. Then it thinks "I was attacked by another snake, I should bit it harder for revenge". After it bits harder, it feels more pain and goes into vicious circle.

In the reality of HK, Carrie Lam and HK police is the man who is trying to save the snake in the video. Unfortunately again, I don't think the snake will appreciate what the man does for it. I think the man is so lucky that he doesn't get a bit by the brainless snake like what Carrie Lam and HK police get from protesters.

Edited by xul

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, Rue said:

So now every demonstrator yells rape your mother.  

Funny I head escape from your mother. I can see why. 

I made a typo on the above. The second sentence should have read, "Funny you think this about your mother. I can see why."

It wasn't funny actually . I meant to question why you stereotype  protesters that way. 

Now I see you are back again with the name calling, this time calling protesters "stupid snakes", specifically:

"Now the protesters are just like this stupid snake. It eats its tail because it believe its tail is another snake which is attacking it. It bits. It feels pain. Then it thinks "I was attacked by another snake, I should bit it harder for revenge". After it bits harder, it feels more pain and goes into vicious circle. In the reality of HK, Carrie Lam and HK police is the man who is trying to save the snake in the video."

Let's be clear the above is YOUR reality. You see snakes and you see people wanting to rape your mother. That is your reality. 

Speaking only for myself, I don't see protesters in Hong Kong as violent perverts wanting to rape your mother or any mother or as you now call them, snakes. 

In fact may I say I  think snakes get a bad rap ever since that Adam and Eve story.

I say stand up for snakes. I also say the same thing about pigs but of course on this threadyou have not called HK protesters pigs yet so I can only comment on your snake reference and say..XUL please read this:

https://savethesnakes.org/s/why-snakes/

Snakes  are our friends! Stand up for snakes!

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

I see Rue speaking to himself above...LOL....I suppose the post meant to me, so I response here:

Now I see you are back again with the name calling, this time calling protesters "stupid snakes", specifically:

It seems like you have confused simile with name calling. These protesters are destroying their home city and their own future under the delusion that they are fighting for their future. Their action is just like the snake's-------the stupid snake's I mean.

These so-called pro-democracy protesters even burnt a man who was arguing with them alive. I even don't remember that Nazi did this when they dominated streets in Germany in 1930s.

If I compare their actions with a snake's, who should feel being offended? Them, or the snake?

Edited by xul

These Hongkie "pro-democracy" protesters also reminder me the mother dog in Mark Twain's A Dog's Tale. The mother dog went to school with her master and leaned a few words without knowing the meaning of these words. These Hongkies were colonized by their British masters and also leaned some cool terms like democracy or freedom from their master without understanding these terms' meanings.

They are just like the mother dog in Mark Twain's story. Now they put on a big show, thinking they can play these words coolly and fool everyone in the world like the mother dog fooled every her dog audience. A big mistake though. They have underestimated their human audience's intelligence and have just showed the whole world how ignorant and how cruel they truly are....

On internet, I read many posters comparing the protests in Beijing, 1989 with the protests in HK. But in fact the two events appear in very different ways.

In 1989, there were not mobs smashing shops, subway stations  and lamp posts on streets. Nobody intentionally blocked roads, streets and public transits to force others strike. People didn't beat or insult people who had different opinion with them. The Communist Party leader Zhao Ziyang even could walk into protesters and give them a speech. I bet if Carrie Lam walked into HK protesters she would probably be beaten to death.

What is the cause of the difference of these two events? I think it is humanity.

Western world used to claim that democracy is universal value and use it to start wars for plundering resources from weak countries in the world. But democracy has never been universal in the world. If you read history you know that. Democracy even isn't universally valued among Canadian. If it was universal, why there are so many conservative supporters roaring separate from Canada just because Trudeau wins the election?

But it is true that there is something which is universal and can make people who have different cultural, ideology, religious believes....put up with each other. It is called humanity.

For example, I guess you all know what the video below is. If I ask what have you seen from the video, I guess a person whose mind was fully programmed by political-correctness would say "brutal communist tank crashes peaceful pro-democracy protesters". But if you give up the political-correctness and only see the fact, you will find out that the only thing you see is humanity. The soldier who drove the tank knew that he wouldn't get a traffic ticket if he ran over the man. But he chose to stop because he had humanity in him.

During HK protests, what I see is that protesters gradually lost their humanity. People beat other people who hold different opinion with them. University and underage high school students are used as mobs and street fighters. Politicians, teachers and lawyers who are supposed to voice against such things, support or make excuse for these inhuman methods. And media use fake news to program people's minds with hatred to fuel the movement.

This is The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. How could the student of the university do these to their school without lost their humanity or even lost their minds?

HK police allow a politician and some high school principals to go inside Polytechnic University to bring underage mob protesters out and promise them that police will not arrest them. You can see in the video, some adult mobs still try to stop these kids leaving. They even don't know they should not bring these kids there in the first place. 

Edited by xul

• 8 months later...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-hong-kong-media-tycoon-and-pro-democracy-activist-jimmy-lai-arrested/

Jimmy Lai was arrested.  The world will have to get together and say something about this.  The US seems to me to be making noises on this front, but I wonder if they would shut up again if a trade deal was achieved.

My knowledge/impressions on this one are based on reading the headlines...