Why Do Progressives Hate Chick-Fil-A So Much?

Shady

2 hours ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes: 

So?

If you've got any source  that says Chck Fil A isn't growing and expanding, give it - that's how it is in a serious discussion or debate -  otherwise, just zip it.  Don't bother.  Personal opinions are worth squat, and we know why.

Here, read it, and weep!

I think you misconstrued my post.  I personally don't care about what religious inclinations a restaurant has.  I'm more concerned with value and the quality of food.

• Like 1

I don't care either unless they are refusing service, discriminating in some way or otherwise breaking the laws or skirting them.   I don't like having religion pushed on me, any religion which is one reason years ago we pulled out of an RV park in Florida.  It was a nice clean park in an area we knew so we put a deposit down for the following season, then talked to other people and found out that the owner was pretty religious.   If you went to social events, even for coffee and donuts in the morning there was a blessing and a prayer, and apparently the owner was given to sermons and so on, so we got our deposit back and went elsewhere.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:27 PM, Shady said:

I’ve always wondered why progressives seem to hate Chick-Fil-A with such a vengeance.  Does anybody know the reasons behind the hate?  Because I just don’t get it.

There's this saying that Google is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

Not really that hard to figure out.  You started a thread to ask a question that has a set answer, so there it is.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

There are plenty of other options for people who do want to eat where the owner's politics isn't so upfront. 

it seems pretty ass-stupid to me for someone to actively try to stop same-sex marriage while they operate a national chain that depends on a wide demographic of guests.  Smart businesspeople can recognize how to merge their politics with their business.  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

it seems pretty ass-stupid to me for someone to actively try to stop same-sex marriage while they operate a national chain that depends on a wide demographic of guests.  Smart businesspeople can recognize how to merge their politics with their business.  

Sure. But an objective person would also say that Chick-Fil-A treats its customers and employees far better than most fast food companies. 

Many are faceless corporations that only care about the bottom line and will sacrifice quality for improved returns. 

Not sure what's worse TBH. I think people can eat at McDonalds and ignore the way they treat their employees. And I'm sure most people go to Chick-Fil-A and handwave the owners politics.

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

1. But an objective person would also say that Chick-Fil-A treats its customers and employees far better than most fast food companies. 

2. Many are faceless corporations that only care about the bottom line and will sacrifice quality for improved returns. 

3. Not sure what's worse TBH. I think people can eat at McDonalds and ignore the way they treat their employees. And I'm sure most people go to Chick-Fil-A and handwave the owners politics.

1. Ok.  That's not entirely relevant to the question of the thread of course.

2. Ok.

3. You're not really making a false choice, but the answer really depends on who you are.  McDonalds isn't particularly known for treating employees badly, they just pay low.  A lot of former McDonalds employees that I know really celebrate their culture.  

In my experience, the worst workplaces are not at all what you would expect.  I have seen governmental departments, and non-profit groups in the worst straits myself.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok.  That's not entirely relevant to the question of the thread of course.

Well the question on the thread is easy. 

Progressive don't like the politics of the owner. Now we can debate whether that's a reasonable position to take or not. 

As noted, Chick-Fil-A isn't really suffering because of the owners politics. That could be because of the geography most of the restaurants are in. . . or the fact that they sell real Lemonade and Waffle Fries!!!!

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

1. Well the question on the thread is easy. 

2. Progressive don't like the politics of the owner. Now we can debate whether that's a reasonable position to take or not. 

3. As noted, Chick-Fil-A isn't really suffering because of the owners politics.  

1. True.

2. Maybe if they didn't actively and openly lobby for restricting the rights of people there wouldn't have been a boycott.

3. Not conclusive to me. They of course want everyone to know how popular and mainstream they are.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There's this saying that Google is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

Not really that hard to figure out.  You started a thread to ask a question that has a set answer, so there it is.

There's another saying too...

Michael.jpg

Edited by Shady

Just now, Shady said:

There's another saying too...

Well, it's sourced so you can check things.  Do you regularly get bad information from Wikipedia ?

Do you ever cite blogs from unknown and unreputable people or anonymous YouTube channels ?  Those are the worst.  Wikipedia is, at least, funded through general contributions and doesn't syphon funds from multi-millionaire bigots to spread lies.

Did you avoid the Wikipedia answer to your dog-dumb obvious question ?  You think that liberals dislike this chicken for some other reason ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. True.

2. Maybe if they didn't actively and openly lobby for restricting the rights of people there wouldn't have been a boycott.

3. Not conclusive to me. They of course want everyone to know how popular and mainstream they are.

They sponsor the SEC College Football Game of the Week on CBS every Saturday in the Fall. I think more people in the target market know them for that rather than their owner's politics. 

We can question the logic of it, but making self destruction decision based on Religion is nothing new. 

No one's forcing people to patronize Chick Fil A.  

I'm glad Chick Fil A stands by the principle on which their business was founded.  If you're not happy with that, take your business elsewhere!

But the point is:   people don't care about their ideology.... otherwise, it wouldn't be growing and expanding so much - despite the controversies and calls for boycotts -  that it's now even considered the threat to McDonald's!

Their chicken must really be good! 

Edited by betsy

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Oh ?  Why do you think that?

Cuz Fooseball is popular in Murika, Espcially in the American South. 

2. Yes let's.

I think many, myself included, can say they want a delicious chicken sandwich with Waffle Fries and Lemonade and not care the owner doesn't want Gay people to marry. 

23 minutes ago, Boges said:

1. Cuz Fooseball is popular in Murika, Espcially in the American South. 

2. I think many, myself included, can say they want a delicious chicken sandwich with Waffle Fries and Lemonade and not care the owner doesn't want Gay people to marry. 

1. Ok.  May be better to get a little more detail on that angle.

2. The best business people aren't happy enough to get 'many' customers though.  But ok.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. The best business people aren't happy enough to get 'many' customers though.  But ok.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Progressives don't like the place because of the owner's politics. Many others either don't care or support him. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That is not established.  At least not the first part.  Too many people I have met... of a certain demographic... assume that their values are just universal, without knowing that they are.

I would eat at Chick-Fil-A, even if I had reservations about their political views.  It all depends on the quality and value of the food.  The same can be said about Nike, who endorses Colin Kaepatrick. If Nike makes the best, most affordable shoes, I will buy them. 

Michael, you are overestimating how much the average person cares about a fast food chain's political views.

Edited by J4L