If Europe and Canada are both morally superior, why do they not stop the evils of the US?

On 5/7/2019 at 1:02 AM, Mike Utinne said:

explain to me why you haven't done anything to stop them?

Because it's not the US, it was the industrial revolution that destroyed us. Blame the Brits for that one, too.
It's the Brits you want.

49 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Because it's not the US, it was the industrial revolution that destroyed us. Blame the Brits for that one, too.
It's the Brits you want.

Don't say that otherwise bcsapper might get angry with you. He's from there, you know.

And I don't believe that. Europe and Canada are my only hope.

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If Europe and Canada hate Americans, why do they use Quora, Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, and Twitter ?

...all American.

I've asked this before and they said that they are all international sites and no single country owns them therefore it's alright to use them.

Some also claimed that although they are headquartered in the US, they are not made by Americans therefore it's alright to use them.

Here's another:

Why do some people immigrate to the US if they are anti-American?

There is a very common, I could say prevailing, sentiment among immigrants in the USA, of America-bashing. The older the age of entry to the US, the more widespread the criticism of the US. This shouldn’t be much of a surprise, though. Moving from one’s home country anywhere else involves changes and adjustment. When culture and environment is different, one spontaneously perceives it as bad, a very common mindset throughout the world.

After spending some time in America and adjusting to the life and culture there, a change in mindset develops. The immigrant is much more hesitant to openly criticise America in front of Americans (but still feels no restraint while among other immigrants, either his compatriots, or even from other lands). The biggest change happens when immigrant travels to the home country: (s)he is now quite more critical of things at home, which (s)he never noticed before (although this still doesn’t stop them from defending their homeland in America). After a long period of life in America, many immigrants do end up adopting it as their homeland, but remain critical of parts of American culture that they resented before the move.

The force of American cultural influence is quite powerful, though. While many immigrants may never completely adopt their new homeland, and while they will remain critical of various aspects of American culture and life, their children, born and schooled on American soil, will invariably grow up to be typical Americans. The environment and its cultural influences will almost always be far stronger than what parents can do at home. Between the school, the playground, the TV and the internet, the second generation immigrant will almost universally be a typical American.

One thing also needs to be said. There are immigrants who come to America with only one main purpose: to earn more money in order to send back home, and once they build enough for retirement, to return to their homeland and live comfortably on the American pension. Some of those may be very much anti-American. They may have children, but many of them send their American-born children to live with grandparents in their homeland (in order to avoid the inevitable American cultural assimilation). I know of several such cases: educated couples (from West Africa), strongly religious, fiercely anti-American, living in the US, with kids growing up overseas, putting money away, sending money to their homeland, counting years until retirement. From the American (patriotic) perspective, this is probably the kind of immigration that they would most likely want to stop.

Predrag Vasić

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-people-immigrate-to-the-US-if-they-are-anti-American

Edited by Mike Utinne

4 minutes ago, Mike Utinne said:

I've asked this before and they said that they are all international sites and no single country owns them therefore it's alright to use them.

Some also claimed that although they are headquartered in the US, they are not made by Americans therefore it's alright to use them.

False, of course...even you are using them.

They are all American.

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Apparently. But he doesn't care, remember? His country's gone to hell in a hand-basket already.

Well then he better get his butthole up and do something instead of complaining on some dumb Canadian site......

I fight for what I want which is to one day see the US in ruins so that I can get Maine. I fight the US by telling people to destroy them, people from different continents, mind you.

And I believe that one day, I will see that day and I will get Maine and I will be able to build a Singapore like nation in Maine and I will be the happiest person on planet Earth when that happens.

By the way, is that you being chocked on your pic?

On 5/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Mike Utinne said:

I'm not a coward but I can't do it on my own!

Either we go together or we fall together.

Oh and I almost forgot, this time, it's someone from the Netherlands and she thinks, Americanos are too stupid to rule the world:

Why do Europeans hate America?

I think because we don’t understand you. We don’t understand your healthcare system, your politics with only two parties to choose from. We don’t understand the big amount of people in your country that deny climate change. We don’t understand how you could vote for a man like Donald Trump. We think you’re stupid, in the way you don’t know anything about the world around you. We think we’re superior in things like design, fashion, food and music. We don’t understand the big cars and houses, and why anyone would like to live in those boring suburbs. We think you’re just too stupid to rule the world.

I know those things are clichés, and lots of Americans aren’t like this. But this is what we see on television, and on the internet, for example in the stupid questions some Americans ask on Quora. And I think we like those clichés, because it makes us feel superior, in the way we are healthy, stylish and environmental conscious. Europeans hate America, to make them feel more love for their own continent, although most people don’t feel connected with the continent, and most Europeans don’t hate America.

Jurjen van der Laan, studied at Wageningen University

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Europeans-hate-America

Q

Quora. That's it! I was wondering how do these threads seem so familiar in their style. 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:18 AM, Mike Utinne said:

Don't say that otherwise bcsapper might get angry with you. He's from there, you know.

And I don't believe that. Europe and Canada are my only hope.

We gave you the language, parliament and Yorkshire Pudding as well.

10 hours ago, dialamah said:

What's this "WE" stuff?  Aren't you Canadian???

I am now, as well as being British.  I took Canadian citizenship in 1987.

Edited by bcsapper