Time to take on far-right terrorists

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers

Is it because Muslims are part of the accepted victim class and whites are not? 

Is that why people excuse the violence of Muslims?

According to the heirarchy people lower can only be victimized by groups higher.

Eventhough whites are only 20% or so of the worlds population.

Social Justice, which is being applied all over this forum by posters goes like this.  Your action may or may not be punished according to what we think your identifiable group deserves.  That is racism.  That is evil.

Edited by Donnie

49 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Is it because Muslims are part of the accepted victim class and whites are not? 

Is that why people excuse the violence of Muslims?

No, its because violence is a completely natural reaction to the decades of malignant interference we've perpetrated against many of the countries they come from.

I expect I'd react violently too. Who wouldn't?

Since 9/11, Americans have been  the biggest terrorist threat to the United States. Not my words!

White Americans are the biggest terror threat in the United States, according to a study by the New America Foundation. The Washington-based research organization did a review of “terror” attacks on US soil since Sept. 11, 2001 and found that most of them were carried out by radical anti-government groups or white supremacists.

Almost twice as many people have died in attacks by right-wing groups in America than have died in attacks by Muslim extremists. Of the 26 attacks since 9/11 that the group defined as terror, 19 were carried out by non-Muslims. Yet there are no white Americans languishing inside the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay. And there are no drones dropping bombs on gatherings of military-age males in the country's lawless border regions.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-06-24/white-americans-are-biggest-terror-threat-united-states

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

but is there something inherent in the religion that promotes mistreatment of non-Muslims?   I know certain writers such as Irshad Manji have referred to this problem. 

I never go to ex-Christians, ex-Jews,  ex-Hindus, ex-Buddhists, nor to ex-anything to study anything. No, I go to academics and scholars of those religions/ideologies to study those religions/ideologies. After that, I form my opinions on the subjects I'm researching.

Why? Because that's what people with integrity do. However, if you go to ex-Muslims exclusively to study Islam, then it's clear you have no intention of learning about the religion -- rather, you've already made up your mind.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Is this all just anti-Islam propaganda?

Yes, Propaganda and over generalization!

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No, its because violence is a completely natural reaction to the decades of malignant interference we've perpetrated against many of the countries they come from.

I expect I'd react violently too. Who wouldn't?

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”  

Gandhi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saudi Monitor said:

Since 9/11, Americans have been  the biggest terrorist threat to the United States. Not my words!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-06-24/white-americans-are-biggest-terror-threat-united-states

I never go to ex-Christians, ex-Jews,  ex-Hindus, ex-Buddhists, nor to ex-anything to study anything. No, I go to academics and scholars of those religions/ideologies to study those religions/ideologies. After that, I form my opinions on the subjects I'm researching.

Why? Because that's what people with integrity do. However, if you go to ex-Muslims exclusively to study Islam, then it's clear you have no intention of learning about the religion -- rather, you've already made up your mind.

Yes, Propaganda and over generalization!

I disagree with your premise that one has to practice a religion to understand its tenets.  That would mean that I could not learn about Hinduism or Judaism without converting to such faiths.  You’re essentially demanding that people convert without understanding what they’re signing up for.  I would have to convert to every faith to understand such beliefs?  No.  A criminologist doesn’t have to become a criminal to study crime.  Most Canadians are very tolerant towards practitioners of all different faiths.  At issue is the question, Is hate embedded in certain faiths?  If so, it’s fair to denounce such faiths on that basis.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers ?  I believe it's still the latter.  In any case the threat is somewhat in the same scale.

Exactly, Michael.

But the efforts of police, CSIS, etc are focused on Islamic terrorism. And they have prevented some attacks.

They don't track white supremacists, they dismiss their importance, consider anti-Muslim hate groups, websites and rallies a matter of "free speech", so police are never able to prevent their attacks. 

Edited by jacee

16 hours ago, Donnie said:

How many has Islamic terrorists killed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

I'll help you.  It's a wiki.  Not imperical but good enough to say more than 50.

Thousands in listed terror attacks, thousands injured.  Countless islamic murders as well.  But Muslims are a victim class right and white people are not according the left wing victim flow chart.  Right?

How many victims of 'Islamic' terror attacks were Muslims? 

12 hours ago, paxamericana said:

There's not much the government can do about homegrown terrorist unless we all be subject to a police state. 

Nonsense. Police could track radical white supremacists as easily as the track 'Islamic' radicals ... IF THEY CHOSE TO.

Edited by jacee

34 minutes ago, Saudi Monitor said:

That's not what i've said, read again.

Learning from reputable sources is the way I navigate information.  Though I was raised Catholic and still support much of its morality, I have tried to learn about and appreciate the good in other faiths and cultures.  Muslims can teach non-Muslim theists about devotion, as submission to God.  My concerns are with narratives, religious or non-religious, that promulgate hatred or mistreatment towards a group or groups.  In that regard not all faiths are of equal value from a morality standpoint.  It’s why whenever we try to pretend that our political and cultural traditions are completely separate from beliefs and that all faiths/philosophies/traditions are of equal value, we soon realize that in actual fact some are more in line with liberal democratic values than others, for example, in terms of the treatment of women or tolerance towards different faiths or lifestyles.  What also about science and humanists?  Many Islamic countries had great scientific traditions that became overshadowed by fundamentalist xenophobic beliefs.  Wahhabism is a case in point.  White nationalism also has many dangerous narratives that have become more mainstream in these populist times.  We need to be discerning and informed. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

17 hours ago, jacee said:

Far-right nationalists can no longer be thought of as a fringe group. They're leading one of the major terrorist movements of our time.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/new-zealand-mosque-shootings-far-right-extremism/

6 people killed in Quebec.

Now 49 killed in New Zealand. 

If the far right terrorists want to go fight ISIS, they are free to do so. Murdering innocent people praying in a mosque is a coward's act.

And all of these violent white supremacists are free to kill where and when they choose BECAUSE THE POLICE AREN'T WATCHING THEM! 

And in Canada, it’s not clear how seriously police and intelligence agencies take the threat of far-right extremism.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4188139/far-right-extremely-small-csis/

Get your shit together RCMP & CSIS! 

Whoa whoa whoa.  That sounds like profiling!

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, its because violence is a completely natural reaction to the decades of

Exactly.  You just proved my point Eyeball.  Thank you.  

Muslims are part of a victim group according to the leftist victim flow chart heirarchy.

White people can never be victimized according to the social justice programming. 

I appreciate your honesty.  Seriously.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Argus said:

I can think of that one attack on the mosque in Quebec by the loonie who then called police and turned himself in. That's about it. Not exactly an organized guerrilla cell there...

Nobody ever said terrorists had to be organized cells. 

Edited by jacee

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

The attack in N.Z. certainly has promoted the notion that it's just 'far right' ideologues we have to worry about, 

Not "just".

But white supremacists are not getting the same police surveillance and budget allocation as 'Islamic' radicals. 

Scribblet:

no mention of the 'far left' extremists  notably ANTIFA who promote violence and incite people to violence.  

Only against white supremacists ... and who gives a sh!t about them!!! :P

An Australian Senator spoke up about it and is immediately branded racist,  anyone questioning illegal immigration or asking questions about it is immediately branded as far right and racist. 

Yes, he has a rep of being racist.

Edited by jacee

1 hour ago, Truth Detector said:

Whoa whoa whoa.  That sounds like profiling!

You mean this?

And in Canada, it’s not clear how seriously police and intelligence agencies take the threat of far-right extremism.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4188139/far-right-extremely-small-csis/

Get your shit together RCMP & CSIS!

??? You'll have to clarify "profiling.

1 hour ago, Donnie said:

Exactly.  You just proved my point Eyeball.  Thank you.  

Muslims are part of a victim group according to the leftist victim flow chart heirarchy.

White people can never be victimized according to the social justice programming. 

I appreciate your honesty.  Seriously.

Thank you.

Your logic defies logic. B)

1 hour ago, Donnie said:

Id appreciate an answer to my post first please.  Then we can move the conversation along and address some of your concerns.

Thank you.

My concern is that white supremacist terrorists succeed in mass murders because police and security forces don't pay any attention to them. 

All funding for terrorism is directed at 'Islamic' radicals, with fairly successful prevention.

But police don't prevent white supremacist terrorist attacks because they don't look for white supremacists. They only look for 'Islamic' terrorists.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

I've already looked into this and it's simply not true. What they've done is compiled a list of every violent act by every yahoo who is even tentatively affiliated or expressed beliefs in some sort of white supremacist or far right ideological view. Almost none of that is actually 'terrorism'. It's mostly stuff like shooting their girlfriend's father, or killing their wife, or robbing a liquor store or crap like that. Meanwhile it's confined itself to listing Islamic terrorism acts, and ignored ordinary murders by Muslims.

4 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

BTW does anyone know what occurred in 2004 which might have accelerated the sudden rise in "Islam inspired" attacks?

I know what happened in 2001.

4 hours ago, jacee said:

Nonsense. Police could track radical white supremacists as easily as the track 'Islamic' radicals ... IF THEY CHOSE TO.

There are no radical white supremacist groups in Canada. There are a few guys who spout shit on the internet.