US Millitary beefing up for war against China and Russia

Looks like uncle Sam is definitely not sleeping while future threat to American Hegemony looms. 

The army just bought some new light armored vehicle with upgrades for energy weapon ( lasers pew pew).

"

The Army is accelerating these kinds of armored vehicle weapons systems and countermeasures, in part because of an unambiguous recognition that, whoever the US Army fights, it is quite likely to encounter Russian or Chinese-built armored vehicles and advanced weaponry, senior service leaders told Warrior.

As part of this equation, recognizing that Army warfighters are often understandably reluctant to articulate war plans or threat assessments, it is indeed reasonable and relevant to posit that service war planners are looking at the full-range of contingencies – to include ground war with Russian forces in Europe, Iranian armies in the Middle East or even Chinese armored vehicles on the Asian continent.

"

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/06/27/army-makes-massive-bradley-buy-up-to-473-vehicles-to-prep-for-major-power-war.html

It looks like the generals of the Pentagon are definitely not sleeping while future threat to their millions $ paid positions in American weapon companies after their retirement from military looms....:lol: 

Edited by xul

57 minutes ago, xul said:

It looks like the generals of the Pentagon are definitely not sleeping while future threat to their millions $ paid positions in American weapon companies after their retirement from military looms....:lol: 

Well....I suppose doing the job you're paid to do is better than getting fed at the trough doing nothing!  It's not for lack of interest to do the job mind you.  Some generals in some countries I could mention, just don't have the equipment, or the resources to do the job!  

For some hapless generals......... planning, is out of the question!  The  military has been gutted!

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Well....I suppose doing the job you're paid to do is better than getting fed at the trough doing nothing!  It's not for lack of interest to do the job mind you.  Some generals in some countries I could mention, just don't have the equipment, or the resources to do the job!  

For some hapless generals......... planning, is out of the question!  The  military has been gutted!

The US military is not gutted. I can point out to the many, many bases around the world that hosts a large amount of military personnel and equipment.

5 hours ago, xul said:

I support the military industrial complex actually. A lot of the innovation we use today from internet to modern medicine and space has roots in military funding. The future with quantum technology, artificial intelligence, robotics and hyper sonic are all DOD stuff bud. Nothing wrong with having a strong military to deter aggression. In fact that's the biggest contributor to world peace something you critics fail to recognize. 

16 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The US military is not gutted. I can point out to the many, many bases around the world that hosts a large amount of military personnel and equipment.

Actually, I'm referring to the Canadian Military! 

Gee.....not too long ago, they're even recalling bedrolls from ex-military men so they can be re-used!

Edited by betsy

On 7/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, paxrom said:

In fact that's the biggest contributor to world peace something you critics fail to recognize. 

That's an opinion not a fact. In fact, a lot of opinion is convinced it's the biggest contributor to instability in the world.

8 hours ago, betsy said:

Actually, I'm referring to the Canadian Military! 

You failed to mention anything Canada in that post.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:32 PM, paxrom said:

I support the military industrial complex actually. A lot of the innovation we use today from internet to modern medicine and space has roots in military funding. The future with quantum technology, artificial intelligence, robotics and hyper sonic are all DOD stuff bud. Nothing wrong with having a strong military to deter aggression. In fact that's the biggest contributor to world peace something you critics fail to recognize. 

Contributing to the war machine does not bring peace.  It does bring some technologies, but I can bet we can devise these technologies without the need for a perpetual war machine.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

You failed to mention anything Canada in that post.

Contributing to the war machine does not bring peace.  It does bring some technologies, but I can bet we can devise these technologies without the need for a perpetual war machine.

Uh what world do you live in? Reality says that if you are weak your opponent will move against you. If two sides are strong and can deter agression, then there would be no need to war with one another. this has been true since the advent of Nuclear super power. We have enjoy a relative peace since the end of world war 2 not because we all decided to lay down our arms. If anything the cold war proved my theory. 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

That's an opinion not a fact. In fact, a lot of opinion is convinced it's the biggest contributor to instability in the world.

Nope its fact. Those opinion saying otherwise are merely wishful thinking. Look, all these geopolitical theory are based on human psychology. If you are weak the  you invite conflict because there would be an incentive to take advantage of the opponents weakness. This has been shown to be true time and time again  read history. We modern inteligencia aren't that different from our cave man ancestor. Why do you think world super power never went to direct war with one another, because it would mean the end of civilization as we know it. The risk outweight any benefit. Same for the military industrial complex. If everyone can maintaim a strong deterence then there would be no need for war because the cost would out weight any potential benefit. 

And yet, it was Canada's foreign minister (Chrystia Freeland) who stood up in Parliament and bemoaned the loss of American resolve to protect the "post WW2" order.

Why won't those pesky Americans keep paying the most in blood and treasure ?

Canada certainly doesn't want to pay more....far easier to be a NATO deadbeat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

far easier to be a NATO deadbeat.

You got that right. They think obama was their friend... obama complained about the same exact thing trump is complaining. Obama just wasn't as vocal about it. And they have the nerve to complain about trade. We've been their piggy bank and defense for 70 years. If they don't want to pay for their own defense and take down the trade barrier than they better start learning russian and chinese. 

Edited by paxrom

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

There will be a war regardless. Our species is in a behavioral sink from which there is no way out.

I say better we have it while the idiots who put us here get to suffer thru it too.

Agreed.  There is always war.  It's as natural as breathing for humans and we can't do without it.

19 hours ago, paxrom said:

Uh what world do you live in? Reality says that if you are weak your opponent will move against you. If two sides are strong and can deter agression, then there would be no need to war with one another. this has been true since the advent of Nuclear super power. We have enjoy a relative peace since the end of world war 2 not because we all decided to lay down our arms. If anything the cold war proved my theory. 

I don't think you or Betsy are following the thread.  

56 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Going extinct is very, very natural.    98% of all species to have ever lived on earth went extinct before modern humans ever existed.  

Must have been global warming, right ?

No, just an inability to adapt, same as us.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:20 AM, betsy said:

Well....I suppose doing the job you're paid to do is better than getting fed at the trough doing nothing!  

not always....

When an idiot is doing a job which he is paid to do...

Both Trump and Obama do the presidential jobs they are paid to do. Both of them have got many haters among US citizens. And the haters of both presidents think it would be better if the president whom they hate  did nothing than doing what he has done.

Edited by xul