Conservatives Silent on Homosexuality

On 1/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, Michael Hardner said:

2. No, you can't.  We follow the Civil Rights precedents set in the US, legally, for this.  Business operating in the public realm can't discriminate against groups.

I dont care about gay people.  The same as I don't care about straight people.

However I do believe that business owners do not have to bake a cake for anyone.  No one has a right to my time.  No one has a right to my labour.  No one has a right to my money.

Otherwise your idea is theft.  Theft of my time, labour and money.

2 hours ago, Donnie said:

1. I dont care about gay people.  The same as I don't care about straight people.

However I do believe that business owners do not have to bake a cake for anyone.  No one has a right to my time.  No one has a right to my labour.  No one has a right to my money.

Otherwise your idea is theft.  Theft of my time, labour and money.

Squawk away.  It's like me running around singing "imagine no possessions"... they're all interesting ideas but the law isn't going to change.

Not only is it illegal to refuse service based on discrimination, it's terrible business.  I saw a used car lot in a poor part of Holly Hill Florida with a Trump sign and I thought... what conviction !  He wants to eliminate 60% of his potential customers by telling us his preferred candidate which we didn't ask for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Squawk away.  It's like me running around singing "imagine no possessions"... they're all interesting ideas but the law isn't going to change.

Not only is it illegal to refuse service based on discrimination, it's terrible business.  

Isnt 'squawk away' trolling and against the rules?

So youre a mod breaking the forum rules? 

'Is this the example a new member is to follow? Im new here so im curious.

Thank you.

Since when is it the concern of our government to ensure business run profitably?

Explain how people have a right to my time and labour please.  

15 minutes ago, Donnie said:

1.Isnt 'squawk away' trolling and against the rules?

2. So youre a mod breaking the forum rules? 

3. 'Is this the example a new member is to follow? Im new here so im curious.

4. Since when is it the concern of our government to ensure business run profitably?

5. Explain how people have a right to my time and labour please.  

1. I don't think so.

2. I don't think so.

3. You should follow your heart.

4. It's not.  I'm just giving you free business advice.

5. Because you aren't allowed to refuse people business because brown skin offends you.  See "deep south USA, 1964" if you have been in deep freeze for 55 years.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:01 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

No, it makes Leviticus a bigot. Actually, he was neurotic if not psychotic.  Before I retired, I was a Peace Officer. For 25 years, the uniform I wore was an abomination before the Lord. I occasionally ate bacon and eggs for breakfast. I had to work on the Sabbath, a crime punishable by death according to Leviticus. 

I am sure that occasionally, when two men lie down together, one or both might be stoned. I am sure  that occasionally, when a man lies down with a woman, one or both might be stoned.:D

They are supposed to be the words of God and it was written in the bible. I must assume that Leviticus believed in God and his words. God created Adam and Eve to create life and not Adam and Steve where no life could begin. That was done for a very good reason. That is why you and me are here and why every living thing on earth is here. Homosexuality is supposed to be a sin according to God. So, did you actually meet Leviticus and you were able to determine yourself at the time that he was neurotic and psychotic?Just asking. 

You knew that when you joined the force that you would have to give up some of your Godly principles but yet you did it anyway. Why? Why would you go and join a police force knowing pretty much that you could peeve off God? You did and so are you in fear of not going to the promised land now? Just wondering. 

I wonder if a Muslim who joins a Canadian police force is allowed to stop whatever he/she is doing and get down on their knees and pray to their Allah has commanded by him every so many times a day? It would seem that could get in the way of their doing their job. Just curious, that's all. 

Well, one thing is for sure. Two men lying down together will never be able to produce any children and in some Islamic countries they could be blindfolded and thrown off some roof top. And a woman who cheats on her husband could get stoned to death. Lovely and peaceful religion, eh? My opinion. 

18 hours ago, Donnie said:

Isnt 'squawk away' trolling and against the rules?

So youre a mod breaking the forum rules? 

'Is this the example a new member is to follow? Im new here so im curious.

Thank you.

Since when is it the concern of our government to ensure business run profitably?

Explain how people have a right to my time and labour please.  

I know that you have mentioned that you are a visitor to American forums and I am also. The difference between an American forum rules and our Canadian forum rules here is that one can insult another member, thread hijack, or do excessive quoting many times without being penalized for it like I have been many times here. The problem is that when you or I go from one forum where pretty much anything goes to another forum where not everything goes one can forget sometimes. It is not done on purpose to break the rules but it happens for you and me sometimes and we get admonished over it. :) 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't think so.

2. I don't think so.

3. You should follow your heart.

4. It's not.  I'm just giving you free business advice.

5. Because you aren't allowed to refuse people business because brown skin offends you.  See "deep south USA, 1964" if you have been in deep freeze for 55 years.

1 and 2.  So in your opinion telling me that furthers the conversation?

3. Easy to say when you can break rules the rest of us cannot.

4. Business owners should be free to refuse anyone they wish.  If it pisses enough people off theyll go elsewhere and the business will close.   Thats called Capitalism.  

5. No one has a right to another persons time or labour.  Thats called endentured servitude or slavery. 

Edited by Donnie

6 hours ago, Donnie said:

1. Business owners should be free to refuse anyone they wish.  If it pisses enough people off theyll go elsewhere and the business will close.   Thats called Capitalism.  

2. No one has a right to another persons time or labour.  Thats called endentured servitude or slavery. 

1. Aha !  "should be".  Ok, then I say "should NOT be".  I believe that government should be used to achieve just ends.  Racism in the south was not going to end without pressure.  There was a national psyche and ethic, and to that end northerners had a say in what rights were in every part of the country.

2. To be consistent you should say "no one SHOULD have a right".  But they do.  Calling it slavery is cynical.

So agreement on my other points.  Thank you. Silence is agreement.  Just like the left says when the right is quiet on white nationalists.

Now you are trying to have a semantic argument? Really? 

One needs to try to have a multitude of ideas or else it gets thin once the party rhetoric runs dry.  I try to read one book every two days.

1. What is just about forcing a bakery to bake a cake?  Just for whom?

Racism in the south  was forced on business by government.  They had no choice in the matter.  

So you dislike government forcing business  by supporting government forcing business.  Tyranny by any other name is still tyranny. Btw the bakery was targetted and the issue  was fake but it makes for a fun catalyst.

2.  Forcing another human being to do labour that you demand is called endetured servatude or slavery.  The person has no say.  You say the person  cannot refuse.  No freedom. No liberty. Forced at the end if a gun or baton.  You seriously call this freedom?

As a side note isnt it crazy how from 1960 we were becoming much less racist but now some 60 years later we are somehow more racist according to the progressives.  How did this happen?  

On 3/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, taxme said:

They are supposed to be the words of God and it was written in the bible. I must assume that Leviticus believed in God and his words.

My point is that, except for a few very observant Orthodox Jews, nobody follows the rules set down by Leviticus. Why do some people quote him regarding homosexuality but ignore him when it comes to all the weird stuff regarding diet, clothing and women's monthly cycles? Do you seriously believe God cares if you eat bacon or shrimp? Do you think God is concerned if you mix fibres? According to Leviticus, that is as bad as being gay.

There are several stars out there about to go super nova and destroy hundreds of solar systems and any potential life in that region. That is probably what God is concerned with, not who your uncle or daughter falls in love with.

As for the need for procreation, we have four times the number of human beings this planet can sustain in the long term. We don't need more kids.

Edited by Queenmandy85

16 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My point is that, except for a few very observant Orthodox Jews, nobody follows the rules set down by Leviticus. Why do some people quote him regarding homosexuality but ignore him when it comes to all the weird stuff regarding diet, clothing and women's monthly cycles? Do you seriously believe God cares if you eat bacon or shrimp? Do you think God is concerned if you mix fibres? According to Leviticus, that is as bad as being gay.

There are several stars out there about to go super nova and destroy hundreds of solar systems and any potential life in that region. That is probably what God is concerned with, not who your uncle or daughter falls in love with.

As for the need for procreation, we have four times the number of human beings this planet can sustain in the long term. We don't need more kids.

To put it rather bluntly, you need to tell the third world to stop breeding. They are the ones that are really polluting and destroying the planet. Not the people in the western part of town. 

20 hours ago, taxme said:

To put it rather bluntly, you need to tell the third world to stop breeding. They are the ones that are really polluting and destroying the planet. Not the people in the western part of town. 

The third world should become more gay, but they don't.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, Donnie said:

1. What is just about forcing a bakery to bake a cake?  Just for whom?

2. Racism in the south  was forced on business by government.  They had no choice in the matter.  

3. So you dislike government forcing business  by supporting government forcing business.  Tyranny by any other name is still tyranny. Btw the bakery was targetted and the issue  was fake but it makes for a fun catalyst.

4.  Forcing another human being to do labour that you demand is called endetured servatude or slavery.  The person has no say.  You say the person  cannot refuse.  No freedom. No liberty. Forced at the end if a gun or baton.  You seriously call this freedom?

5. As a side note isnt it crazy how from 1960 we were becoming much less racist but now some 60 years later we are somehow more racist according to the progressives.  How did this happen?  

1. A society can dictate who is an equal member, and can pass laws to facilitate social cohesion, within the limits of the constitution.  It's "just" for the people who can live their lives without being denied equal treatment in their own country.

2. I think you meant to say "Racism was legislated against in the south"

3. They choose 'test cases' based on how typical they are, and how they play in public.  I get that.  Are you ok with Facebook banning far-right discussion ?  That's a private business deciding to do what it wants with its own product.  (I'm not ok with it)

4. You're forcing a business to do what it does.  Not the same as slavery.  There are lots of examples of the government "forcing" you to do things.  Like work 4 months of the year for taxes.  Is that "slavery" ?  If so, and you feel you are a slave then let me know and I will come to your house and beat your wife in front of you since it's all the same..  You seriously call this slavery ?  I call it hyperbole. In other words: stop snivelling.

5. Which progressives say we're more racist ?  They are wrong.  If you like, I can find a retarded statement by a right-winger and say that it represents all conservative viewpoints and use it as proof that you are wrong too... sheesh... 

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The third world should become more gay, but they don't.

Stop sending our Canadian tax dollars in the form of foreign aid to the third world and instead send them billions of birth control pills and tell them that abortion and being gay is great. I mean our dear leaders pretty much keep telling us that abortion and being gay is great for Canadians, right?  :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 6:40 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. A society can dictate who is an equal member, and can pass laws to facilitate social cohesion, within the limits of the constitution.  It's "just" for the people who can live their lives without being denied equal treatment in their own country.

2. I think you meant to say "Racism was legislated against in the south"

3. They choose 'test cases' based on how typical they are, and how they play in public.  I get that.  Are you ok with Facebook banning far-right discussion ?  That's a private business deciding to do what it wants with its own product.  (I'm not ok with it)

4. You're forcing a business to do what it does.  Not the same as slavery.  There are lots of examples of the government "forcing" you to do things.  Like work 4 months of the year for taxes.  Is that "slavery" ?  If so, and you feel you are a slave then let me know and I will come to your house and beat your wife in front of you since it's all the same..  You seriously call this slavery ?  I call it hyperbole. In other words: stop snivelling.

5. Which progressives say we're more racist ?  They are wrong.  If you like, I can find a retarded statement by a right-winger and say that it represents all conservative viewpoints and use it as proof that you are wrong too... sheesh... 

1.  Again. Why is government forcing people and businesses to care about gay marriage?  You dont have a right to my time or my labour jyst as I dont have a right to yours.  Ill stop here. You dont get it. 

The basic problem is that the left says has no end point.  First forcing gay marraige in schools. Now forcing businesses to cater to gay marriage or face massive fines. Next will be forcing religious institutions to perform gay weddings.  

This is unacceptable to me but you agree with the government being a cudgel for the left.  Which is scary.  Totalarianism is what this is.

2.Semantics now....very weak....

3.Social media are banning a lot of right wing content.  Social media wasnt supossed to be creating content themselves.  But if theyre going to be editing content. Its no longer a free platform but a media outlet with an agenda and should be treated as such.

4. Forcing me to give my time and labour without my consent is slavery.  Plain and simple.  The government forcing the point at the end of a gun or club is slavery.  Plain and simple.  Slavery...or fascism.  Whichever you prefer.  Both accurate.

5. Everything was getting better from 1960.  Yet the left needs to keep proding and creating division among the victim groups.  Terrible. You know what OTHER group wants the races and groups seperate? The KKK.  

35 minutes ago, Donnie said:

1.  Again. Why is government forcing people and businesses to care about gay marriage?  You dont have a right to my time or my labour jyst as I dont have a right to yours.  Ill stop here. You dont get it. 

2.  First forcing gay marraige in schools. 

3. Next will be forcing religious institutions to perform gay weddings.  

4. This is unacceptable to me but you agree with the government being a cudgel for the left.  Which is scary.  Totalarianism is what this is.

5. Semantics now....very weak....

6.Social media are banning a lot of right wing content.   

7.Its no longer a free platform but a media outlet with an agenda and should be treated as such.

8. Forcing me to give my time and labour without my consent is slavery.  Plain and simple.  The government forcing the point at the end of a gun or club is slavery.  Plain and simple.  Slavery...or fascism.  Whichever you prefer.  Both accurate.

9. Everything was getting better from 1960.  Yet the left needs to keep proding and creating division among the victim groups.  Terrible. You know what OTHER group wants the races and groups seperate? The KKK.  

1. Because people see it as a problem that government can help solve.  I don't have a right to your time but I have a say in whether or not you can do business in my community, my region, my nation.

2. Weird.  I have never heard of someone being forced to marry someone of the same sex in a school.  If I try to unravel what you're saying you seem to be saying gay marriage is 'forced' whereby the fact is that gays were banned by government from legally marrying.

3. You may be right but it would take a constitutional amendment and even secular types like me would oppose that.

4. Rightists cry 'totalitarianism' when democracy goes against them.  Meanwhile the left has to put up with legislated discrimination, legislated warfare, legislated economic oppression.  

5. No - your sentence didn't make sense.  "Racism in the south  was forced on business by government. " I think you meant to say the government forced them to NOT be racist.

6. Yes they are banning hate mongering and lies.  I'm ok with that but not with banning all right-wing thought.

7. Every business has an agenda to make money.  The press, and TV had to content with the same homogenizing forces and navigate their way through a common morality.  Eventually it became very good business to promote racial equality.  I think that's called the marketplace of ideas.  Even baseball had to figure out a way to make people get along, so that the game could continue and so Jackie Robinson was promoted from Montreal to the major leagues.

8. So taxation is slavery then, it seems.  Fair enough.  i don't agree with your opinion but I would defend your right to say it.  

9. The left cares about the downtrodden and doesn't want to keep the races separate, that's a fallacy.