Jump to content

Conservatives Silent on Homosexuality


Recommended Posts

Toronto Pride festival is coming up, and there doesn't seem to be any resistance anymore. Why do you feel conservatives are afraid to defend traditional values, and won't speak up about their concerns over the LGBT indoctrination? You don't even hear the hard right talk about their concerns anymore? What do you think shut them up?

Why are conservatives afraid to speak up?

Edited by Robert Greene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is is that you want them to say about homosexuality?  What is it you want them to do about homosexuality?  Jail them?  Throw them off the roofs of buildings?  Or you just want them to shut up?  Why do you want homosexuals to shut up but  want conservatives to speak about it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

Toronto Pride festival is coming up, and there doesn't seem to be any resistance anymore. Why do you feel conservatives are afraid to defend traditional values, and won't speak up about their concerns over the LGBT indoctrination? You don't even hear the hard right talk about their concerns anymore? What do you think shut them up?

Why are conservatives afraid to speak up?

They're afraid of looking like ignorant assholes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

Toronto Pride festival is coming up, and there doesn't seem to be any resistance anymore. Why do you feel conservatives are afraid to defend traditional values, and won't speak up about their concerns over the LGBT indoctrination? You don't even hear the hard right talk about their concerns anymore? What do you think shut them up?

Why are conservatives afraid to speak up?

What, exactly, would they speak up about? I live in central Toronto. There are a lot of members of the LGBTQ community living in my area. I can't imagine how they are a threat to anybody. They seem to be law abiding middle class folk who face the same problems and have many of the same concerns as most others. Ford's PCs  have catered to the SoCons by promising to scrap Wynne's sex-ed curriculum. But surely they'll have to replace it with something to address issues like online bullying, exploitation and luring, one would think. There was no internet in the 1950s, after all. I don't equate the SoCon agenda with rational economic conservatism. I don't think it serves a particularly useful purpose where promoting rational economic and/or social policies are concerned. People can believe whatever they wish to believe, but the state's role should not be to impose the social or religious beliefs of any particular faction on everybody else. Hasn't one of the big criticisms of Lib-style politics over the past two decades been that it seeks to impose its own idealized and politically correct view of society on everybody else? Let's give this approach a rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They're afraid of looking like ignorant assholes.

Because when we fail to speak up, we leave an opening for extremism. We're starting to see it with the made up genders, and gender neutrality laws. Just Trudeau tries to morally correct a female for using the word "Mankind". Says it's discriminatory. When we start rewriting national anthems to cater to LGBT demands, what happens to the fabric of western civilization? What happens when we take away conservative counterbalance? Pride has gone from education against hate crimes , to half naked men prancing around the streets. It's become commercialized. Anyone who raises concerns gets called "Ignorant Assholes".

 

Edited by Robert Greene
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

1) Because when we fail to speak up, we leave an opening for extremism.

2) We're starting to see it with the made up genders, and gender neutrality laws.   

3) When we start rewriting national anthems to cater to LGBT demands, what happens to the fabric of western civilization.

4) What happens when we take away conservative counterbalance? 

5) It's become commercialized. 

6) Anyone who raises concerns gets called "Ignorant Assholes".

 

1) Questioning LGBT rights is already extremism in itself.  That's because LGBT rights are valued by the mainstream culture.  You even see conservatives on here use our LGBT rights as proof that our culture is superior to others, which I agree with.

2) People are being convinced that we can accommodate such things.  It's up to you to convince people otherwise but you will have to articulate an argument.

3) Rewriting national anthems is a tiny change to make to a society, and it's hyperbole to say it makes a significant change to western civilization.

4) Hyperbole again.  Conservative counterbalance is still with us.

5) Yes, because it's mainstream.  Independence Day in the US wouldn't have been such a great idea in 1770.  Victory gives way to unity and celebration.

6) Well, yes, because you want to take away rights from people when most people think that LGBT people are just fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Questioning LGBT rights is already extremism in itself.  That's because LGBT rights are valued by the mainstream culture.  You even see conservatives on here use our LGBT rights as proof that our culture is superior to others, which I agree with.

2) People are being convinced that we can accommodate such things.  It's up to you to convince people otherwise but you will have to articulate an argument.

3) Rewriting national anthems is a tiny change to make to a society, and it's hyperbole to say it makes a significant change to western civilization.

4) Hyperbole again.  Conservative counterbalance is still with us.

5) Yes, because it's mainstream.  Independence Day in the US wouldn't have been such a great idea in 1770.  Victory gives way to unity and celebration.

6) Well, yes, because you want to take away rights from people when most people think that LGBT people are just fine.  

Ok if raising concerns about some aspects of LGBT makes someone an "Ignorant Asshole" are you OK with Incest? Would you accept a Brother and Sister getting married if they love each other?

What about pedophilia? If a 10 year old girl wants to have sex with a 45 year old man, and you think it should remain illegal, doesn't that take away the girls right to decide, because you're enforcing "Age Discrimination"?

The girl could argue in court, that she is aware of her decisions, and your trespassing on her right to make her own decision.

If we extend rights to include allowing people to make their own choices, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else, than we have to include Incest, and Pedophilia, if it's consensual.

Edited by Robert Greene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

1) Ok if raising concerns about some aspects of LGBT makes someone an "Ignorant Asshole" are you OK with Incest? Would you accept a Brother and Sister getting married if they love each other?

2) What about pedophilia?  

1) What has that got to do with anything?

2) No, not ok with that.  Your argument is silly and has already been made many times before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not ok with it either, but LGBT is getting more extreme every year. When we see things that we worry about, like transsexual men making out in front of children, none of us speak up. Are laws have become over accommodating, and maybe we need to dial some things back. If we are afraid to voice our concerns over the risk of standing out, and seeming bigoted, this starts happening in our schools. If we stand down, the extremist can get what they want.

Look at how much the laws have changed in the last few years.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/06/27/new-law-canada-remove-kids-parents-reject-transgender-ideology

 

Edited by Robert Greene
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

1) When we see things that we worry about, like transsexual men making out in front of children, none of us speak up.

2) Are laws have become over accommodating, and maybe we need to dial some things back.

3) If we are afraid to voice our concerns over the risk of standing out, and seeming bigoted, this starts happening in our schools. If we stand down, the extremist can get what the way.

1) Speak up and say what ?  You don't like it ?  Why should anyone care ?  Or do you have some evidence or case to make that non-trans people should care about ?  I for one am fine with you speaking out, but given that people were actually beaten and jailed for being who they are, don't expect your message to be received reasonably even.  There are still people alive who were discriminated against in a way that most see as unfair.   Maybe if you had opinions against the Welsh or something fringe but irrelevant you'd be in safer territory.

2) And yet it seems you'd be happy with a law prohibiting people from kissing in public ?

3) Once again - YOU are the extremist here.  I also don't see how this is not bigotry but maybe if you have some reasons then you can convince me. 

 

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Speak up and say what ?  You don't like it ?  Why should anyone care ?  Or do you have some evidence or case to make that non-trans people should care about ?  I for one am fine with you speaking out, but given that people were actually beaten and jailed for being who they are, don't expect your message to be received reasonably even.  There are still people alive who were discriminated against in a way that most see as unfair.   Maybe if you had opinions against the Welsh or something fringe but irrelevant you'd be in safer territory.

2) And yet it seems you'd be happy with a law prohibiting people from kissing in public ?

3) Once again - YOU are the extremist here.  I also don't see how this is not bigotry but maybe if you have some reasons then you can convince me

 

You don't know the definition of extremism. It's hard take you seriously. I'm just saying we should be afraid to speak up, and voice our concerns over some aspects of the LGBT movement. I didn't say we should take extreme action against the LGBT community, I just said we need some checks and balances, so things don't go too far. I doubt anyone is going to say, you know what, I can see where your coming from.

You want a definition of extremism. Undergoing Male genital mutation to become a transvestite.

Ben Shapiro puts it best "Why are we mainstreaming delusion?"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

Because when we fail to speak up, we leave an opening for extremism.

No the opening is created when you speak up.

What happens when we take away conservative counterbalance?

The world becomes a more pleasant place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robert Greene said:

1) You don't know the definition of extremism. It's hard take you seriously.

2) I'm just saying we should be afraid to speak up, and voice our concerns over some aspects of the LGBT movement. I didn't say we should take extreme action against the LGBT community,

3) I just said we need some checks and balances, so things don't go too far. I doubt anyone is going to say, you know what, I can see where your coming from.

4) You want a definition of extremism. Undergoing Male genital mutation to become a transvestite.

 

1) I'm sorry.  You are looking to roll back rights to a significant portion of the population with no apparent reason other than you don't like them.  Am I wrong to call you an extremist when you look at your situation from my eyes ?

2) You *should* be afraid ?  I don't think you should but you should prepare yourself for being made aware that your views are, yes, extreme.  You can't control peoples' reactions.  You don't need to take actions to be seen as extreme.

3) I don't understand this.  What is 'too far' ?  I can't say if your doubts are real without you saying - on this anonymous board - what you are proposing.

4) Such a person just needs to put on a tutu to become a 'transvestite'.  People have control over their own bodies and you should butt out of what they wear or do with them - especially if you are nervous about being recognized as an extremist.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No the opening is created when you speak up.

 

 

The world becomes a more pleasant place.

No the world turns into a bankrupt country like Venezuela, where socialism taxes over, massive unemployment, and stores running out of food on their shelves. Conservatives values and conservative economics, made Canada a first world country. Don't ever forget that.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I'm sorry.  You are looking to roll back rights to a significant portion of the population with no apparent reason other than you don't like them.  Am I wrong to call you an extremist when you look at your situation from my eyes ?

2) You *should* be afraid ?  I don't think you should but you should prepare yourself for being made aware that your views are, yes, extreme.  You can't control peoples' reactions.  You don't need to take actions to be seen as extreme.

3) I don't understand this.  What is 'too far' ?  I can't say if your doubts are real without you saying - on this anonymous board - what you are proposing.

4) Such a person just needs to put on a tutu to become a 'transvestite'.  People have control over their own bodies and you should butt out of what they wear or do with them - especially if you are nervous about being recognized as an extremist.

 

Let me tell ya something. One tweet, one different of opinion, can cost someone their job. Of course conservatives are afraid to speak up. Just look at what happened to Roseanne. Her entire show, and everyone that worked for them, fired, because the mainstream media, wanted swift revenge over a bad tweet. 

I have a problems with schools promoting transsexual culture in elementary school. They are not telling them, just to avoid hate crimes or violence. They are telling them, to do what they like. If a kid wants to get a sex change operation, than it's perfectly ok.

I will never tolerate violence against gays, or someone loosing their job because of a sex change, but I won't tolerate an education system, pedaling the culture to out kids. If we have made sex before 18 illegal, than we need to make sex change operations under 18 illegal.

If the perverts want to groom our kids and a young age, and you don't speak out, you're the extremist for not speaking out against their behavior.

Edited by Robert Greene
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

1) One tweet, one different of opinion, can cost someone their job. Of course conservatives are afraid to speak up. Just look at what happened to Roseanne. Her entire show, and everyone that worked for them, fired, because the mainstream media, wanted swift revenge over a bad tweet. 

2) I have a problems with schools promoting transsexual culture in elementary school. They are not telling them, just to avoid hate crimes or violence. They are telling them, to do what they like. If a kid wants to get a sex change operation, than it's perfectly ok.

3)   If we have made sex before 18 illegal, than we need to make sex change operations under 18 illegal.

4) If the perverts want to groom our kids and a young age, and you don't speak out, you're the extremist for not speaking out against their behavior.

1) I guess there are consequences to saying thing.  If you deliver pizza be prepared to be fired for saying pizza is disgusting.  Rosanne is responsible for her own actions and has already apologized.

2) I agree that they shouldn't be 'promoting' one culture over another.   Telling them to do what they like is not doing that.  There is no reasonable case I know of where people are approving surgery for underaged children.

3) It's not illegal to have sex before 18.  Again, sex change operations for children are a myth as far as I can tell.  If you have an example then please post it, otherwise you should refrain from spreading fake news.

4) Don't worry I will be there if/when this happens.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3) It's not illegal to have sex before 18.  Again, sex change operations for children are a myth as far as I can tell.  If you have an example then please post it, otherwise you should refrain from spreading fake news.

The kids can decide at any age what the want to do. 11 year old boy receives hormone therapy to become a transgender "girl". The don't have to wait until 18 to undergo hormone therapy or surgery to become transgender. The government allows kids to get sex change operations.

 

Edited by Robert Greene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The kids can decide at any age what the want to do. 11 year old boy receives hormone therapy to become a transgender "girl". The don't have to wait until 18 to undergo hormone therapy or surgery to become transgender.

Ok - you have added hormone therapy in there which is separate and I am asking again for evidence of your statement on surgery.  This is my 2nd ask for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok - you have added hormone therapy in there which is separate and I am asking again for evidence of your statement on surgery.  This is my 2nd ask for that.

You're starting to sound like a sociopath. I will give it to you control freak. Give me a few minutes.

Edited by Robert Greene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

I'm sorry but i'm not going to play games with you any more. You give me the creeps.

You made a statement that was quite outrageous then declined to back it up, despite being asked twice.  How am I the one playing games, exactly?

Let the record show you were given a chance to make your case and didn't take it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

Toronto Pride festival is coming up, and there doesn't seem to be any resistance anymore. Why do you feel conservatives are afraid to defend traditional values, and won't speak up about their concerns over the LGBT indoctrination? You don't even hear the hard right talk about their concerns anymore? What do you think shut them up?

Why are conservatives afraid to speak up?

I've spoken about homosexuality from a Christian perspective (Biblical references) - it's in religion section. 

  I'm against the curricullum ed imposed by Wynne.......and hoping Ford will do as promised.

 

 

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

The kids can decide at any age what the want to do. 11 year old boy receives hormone therapy to become a transgender "girl". The don't have to wait until 18 to undergo hormone therapy or surgery to become transgender. The government allows kids to get sex change operations.

 

 

Add to that, I think they can now take away kids from parents who refuse to have their kids have transgender surgery upon request!  I don't think parents are allowed anymore to tell their kids that homosexuality  is a sin.

There's intimidation from the government against speaking negatively about LGBTQ, and abortion!

It's a lunatic bin we now live in.   A lot of them may seemed to have resigned themselves - and just go along "if you can't lick them, join them."

 

 

 

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,415
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Chris Laburu
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • akayy earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Mako earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CrakHoBarbie went up a rank
      Experienced
    • I am Groot went up a rank
      Mentor
    • mrmtg earned a badge
      First Post
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...