Wynne Goes Full Out Identity Politics

Anyway.....  Here's that divisive statement again:

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

And here's the point:

Why bring up color?  What's color got to do with it when we're talking about the same worries that any person would be worrying about?

Vote Compass users put priority on economic issues in Ontario election

Health care, accountability also rate highly as important election issues

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-votes-2014/vote-compass-users-put-priority-on-economic-issues-in-ontario-election-1.2642830

Is Wynne saying that only white and old voters worry about the economy?  Isn't the ECONOMY a big concern for most Canadians?

What about HEALTHCARE? Are white and old people the only ones who think of healthcare as a priority in their decision???

Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs..... don't care about that?

How about the DEFICIT? She thinks only white folks are smart enough to know that this humonguous deficit will be bad for all Ontarians?   Everyone else (all non-whites), are naive enough to not get concerned about it?

Accountability? 

Her approval ratings are the pits

There’s another undercurrent among voters that somehow the process of her being introduced as fresh but turning out to be represent continuity is somehow a betrayal, and that’s where the anger is coming from.”

Headlines highlighted the animosity Wynne faced from the crowds.

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/why-kathleen-wynne-is-still-so-unpopular/

Why is Wynne so unpopular?  Is it only because of white, and old  people?   Hello?

Edited by betsy

16 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

A diverse democracy needs everybody to participate. It fails when certain groups are better represented because they're better at participating. 

The under-participation of dumb people is a good thing.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Anyway.....  Here's that divisive statement again:

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

And here's the point:

Why bring up color?  What's color got to do with it when we're talking about the same worries that any person would be worrying about?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-votes-2014/vote-compass-users-put-priority-on-economic-issues-in-ontario-election-1.2642830

Is Wynne saying that only white and old voters worry about the economy?  Isn't the ECONOMY a big concern for most Canadians?

What about HEALTHCARE? Are white and old people the only ones who think of healthcare as a priority in their decision???

Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs..... don't care about that?

How about the DEFICIT? She thinks only white folks are smart enough to know that this humonguous deficit will be bad for all Ontarians?   Everyone else (all non-whites), are naive enough to not get concerned about it?

Accountability? 

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/why-kathleen-wynne-is-still-so-unpopular/

Why is Wynne so unpopular?  Is it only because of white, and old  people?   Hello?

It's ok to be white. It is nothing to be ashamed of.  Liberal politicians will always use the white are racist words to try and eliminate their opponents. Signs of a loser. 

• Like 2

And now another Ontario Liberal opens his big mouth and jams both feet firmly into it. What the hell is with these people? Can they not say anything anymore without being stupidly offensive?

Speaking during a funding announcement Thursday, Sousa made an innapropriate comment when referring to the male and female hospital workers who stood for a staged photo.

“Thank you for the eye candy behind me,” he said.

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/finance-minister-charles-sousa-calls-medical-professionals-eye-candy?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1521741298

Quick Bubber, tell all of us how he really just meant to say that he likes candy and thought some doctor was going to give him a lollipop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

And now another Ontario Liberal opens his big mouth and jams both feet firmly into it. What the hell is with these people? Can they not say anything anymore without being stupidly offensive?

Speaking during a funding announcement Thursday, Sousa made an innapropriate comment when referring to the male and female hospital workers who stood for a staged photo.

“Thank you for the eye candy behind me,” he said.

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/finance-minister-charles-sousa-calls-medical-professionals-eye-candy?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1521741298

Quick Bubber, tell all of us how he really just meant to say that he likes candy and thought some doctor was going to give him a lollipop.

No, that's a dumb thing to say. Not a horrible thing, but people should know better. Not taken completely out of context, like that Lilley bait you fell for.

9 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

No, that's a dumb thing to say. Not a horrible thing, but people should know better. Not taken completely out of context, like that Lilley bait you fell for.

Context my foot! :rolleyes:

No matter what context - her statement is deplorable! 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Context my foot! :rolleyes:

No matter what context - her statement is deplorable! 

Not at all. In fact, once you listen to to the whole thing, it makes you seem like a lying POS. I don't even support Wynne. I'm a Manitoban who would vote for Horwath. But I recognize misrepresentation when I see it, and I always try and point that out.

11 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Not at all. In fact, once you listen to to the whole thing, it makes you seem like a lying POS. I don't even support Wynne. I'm a Manitoban who would vote for Horwath. But I recognize misrepresentation when I see it, and I always try and point that out.

Like I said, no matter how you take it - in whatever context you want to put it - her statement, is still deplorable.  Especially now when we see racial tensions  - to single out white people ( and also the vulnerable, to boot).......is,  at the very least,  a very reckless thing to do.  Is she daft?  

Was Wynn having a senior moment when she said that deplorable comment? :D

I recognize miscomprehension - and since you seem to have a problem in grasping what is being said - I'm pointing it out to you.

Edited by betsy

I already explained the context and how she was talking about demographic overrepresentation. Someone who would twist that to make it seem like an attack on the group that is overrepresented is trying to use divisive politics with the hope that the people listening are not going to bother paying very close attention. It's the worst sort of politics done by the worst sort of people.

Sorry it isn't working out for you.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:50 AM, BubberMiley said:

What you should really do is watch the whole video. Then you would feel bad for bearing false witness against Wynne, which goes against an actual commandment (unlike naked feet washing).

Perhaps you'll remember that when out-of-context snippets of Conservative speeches inevitably get reported and repeated ad nauseum..........

Edited by Centerpiece
Claification
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

Perhaps you'll remember that when out-of-context snippets of Conservative speeches inevitably get reported and repeated ad nauseum..........

Perhaps. Although I guess that hasn't happened yet or you would give an example.