Wynne Goes Full Out Identity Politics

The similarities between the Provincial and Federal Liberal campaign styles are startling. Trudeau is well known for indulging in full out identity politics and now Wynne has shown that she is more than willing to embrace such divisive methods. On Friday, speaking at Humber college, Wynne told her audience “If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-wynne-demonizes-old-white-voters-in-grasp-for-votes?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1521546671

So now Wynne is willing to make what could be considered to be racist statements and indulge in aegism in order to be re elected. the interesting part of all this is the fact that Liberals claim to be the party of inclusion, opposed to racism and embracing all demographics. Yet here Wynne is clearly practising the opposite of those ideals. Also interesting is the fact that this has flown largely under the radar. The stink of desperation is obvious and odious about this woman, sorry, I meant wopeople.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngusThermopyle said:

The similarities between the Provincial and Federal Liberal campaign styles are startling. Trudeau is well known for indulging in full out identity politics and now Wynne has shown that she is more than willing to embrace such divisive methods. On Friday, speaking at Humber college, Wynne told her audience “If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-wynne-demonizes-old-white-voters-in-grasp-for-votes?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1521546671

So now Wynne is willing to make what could be considered to be racist statements and indulge in aegism in order to be re elected. the interesting part of all this is the fact that Liberals claim to be the party of inclusion, opposed to racism and embracing all demographics. Yet here Wynne is clearly practising the opposite of those ideals. Also interesting is the fact that this has flown largely under the radar. The stink of desperation is obvious and odious about this woman, sorry, I meant wopeople.

I don't think the main stream TV newscahnnel had reported anything about that.

CBC and CTV are mum about what would've been a very juicy piece had that comment come from Ford......or Trump.

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, betsy said:

I don't think the main stream TV newscahnnel had reported anything about that.

CBC and CTV are mum about what would've been a very juicy piece had that comment come from Ford......or Trump.

I noticed that as well, I was watching for some mention of it, any mention. The double standard is obvious.

This woman is truly despicable and her tactics merely serve to accentuate that fact. More than that though, it also serves to illustrate the blatant bias in Canadian media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There aren't too many plays in the book that will work for Wynne at this point, but divisiveness and shaming isn't one of them IMO.  

Just my opinion, but I think this will backfire on her. It's a very distasteful comment and most people who have heard it agree.

What's really despicable is people who take a quote out of context and use  it as a dog whistle to bait their base. She was encouraging young people to vote so their voices will be heard because historically it's been older, white people who have voted en masse and decided elections.

Big deal. If that's all you've got against her, she should win handily.

13 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

What's really despicable is people who take a quote out of context and use  it as a dog whistle to bait their base. She was encouraging young people to vote so their voices will be heard because historically it's been older, white people who have voted en masse and decided elections.

Big deal. If that's all you've got against her, she should win handily.

That's all?  Hah!   You need to sit down and think about it.

She's trying to scare young voters with white and old folks. That's quite obvious!

Is she out to lunch?  Even if it's been older people who came out en masse to vote - she thinks there are no young people who shares the same visions as the older folks, and vice versa?  Are there no young conservatives? Old, white liberals?

I know that some young voters are worried about unemployment. She thinks there aren't any old folks (just because they're retired) who aren't concerned about unemployment and how this will also impact them (and their children and grandchildren)? Just because they're old (and just collecting pension).....they're no longer concerned with the unemployment rate?

And why bring up color?  What's color got to do with it when we're talking about the same worries that any person would be worrying about?

Is Wynne saying that only white and old voters worry about the economy?  Isn't the ECONOMY a big concern for most Canadians?

What about HEALTHCARE? Are white and old people the only ones who think of healthcare as a priority in their decision???

Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs..... don't care about that?

How about the DEFICIT? She thinks only white folks are smart enough to know that this humonguous deficit will be bad for all Ontarians?   Everyone else (all non-whites), are naive enough to not get concerned about it?

Is that what she's saying?  By golly, YES!

Why do you think she's gunning for old, and white folks? Because she thinks she can fool the rest - but not these two particular demographics!

If that's how she views ALL OLD and WHITE folks (lumping them all together in such a way)......then, she's not only doing dirty divisive tactics, but she's also narrow-minded!

The only ones who'd be worrying about what white folks would be voting for, will be those who have angst and racist views about white people!

Wynne is trying to make this about race - because she's trying to stoke and use those with racist views against white people! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

A diverse democracy needs everybody to participate. It fails when certain groups are better represented because they're better at participating. She was only encouraging voters who tend not to participate to vote by explaining how their interests are underrepresented because of their lack of participation. That's the context. When you take one phrase out of that context, as Brian Lilley did, it sounds bad and is effective at getting people who will never bother to learn the full context (or who don't care) all riled up with their own version of identity politics. 

11 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

A diverse democracy needs everybody to participate. It fails when certain groups are better represented because they're better at participating. She was only encouraging voters who tend not to participate to vote by explaining how their interests are underrepresented because of their lack of participation. That's the context. When you take one phrase out of that context, as Brian Lilley did, it sounds bad and is effective at getting people who will never bother to learn the full context (or who don't care) all riled up with their own version of identity politics. 

I wounder how it'll be if we re-phrase her words like this:

“If you don’t vote, then somebody like Muslims are going to vote,  some black people.” 

You can encourage in other positive ways! 

You don't single out certain groups - especially when we see the controversy over racism - what with groups like Black Lives Matter!  She's compounding the angst against white people.   She's tapping into those sentiments!

Bottom line:  you don't stoke the embers of a race war!  Period.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

A diverse democracy needs everybody to participate. It fails when certain groups are better represented because they're better at participating. She was only encouraging voters who tend not to participate to vote by explaining how their interests are underrepresented because of their lack of participation

:rolleyes:

Youth voters was up in unprecedented numbers during the 2015 Federal election.....so she can't say the youth aren't engaged! 

Did it ever occur to her that the Liberal Party of Ontario - and, she - are the reasons why youth voters are low in Ontario?

Primarily, low youth voter turnout rates don't mean that youth don't care, or inform themselves, about politics. Instead, for many including myself, it means that we've informed ourselves and have no interest in what we see. All political parties in Canada fail to address youth in any meaningful sense.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/youth-dont-vote-because-they-dont-like-what-they-see/article19114640/

They most likely feel the burden of this GIGANTIC DEFICIT falling on their shoulders to carry for a very, very, very long time!  They see the big burden of shouldering her spendings falling right smack on their generation - and beyond!   With no good employment, to boot!   They've lost hope!

Who can blame them?  It's terribly depressing when you're at the mercy of someone like Wynne!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

BONOKOSKI:

Wynne's right about one old, white politician who needs to go!

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, the queen of wedge-driven Liberal Party politics, wants you to hate me, and everything about me.

She talks about the importance of young people getting out to vote, but says it with a venom-edged racist message that epitomizes all that is wrong today with the party she leads.

She talks inclusiveness, and spews divisiveness.

If young people should be encouraged to vote, lest some aging white grandmother like Wynne, or worse a crusty, oldish white male like myself clog up the voting booth, then why on earth should any of them actually vote for Wynne?

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonokoski-wynnes-right-about-one-old-white-politician-who-needs-to-go

Young people, look closely at Kathleen Wynne -

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2017/02/23/wynne-earned-her-teddy-award

She's white, and she's old.......

Boot this old, white hag out!  :lol:

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

What you should really do is watch the whole video. Then you would feel bad for bearing false witness against Wynne, which goes against an actual commandment (unlike naked feet washing).

hahahahaha the Christian card comes up!    animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Christian card is always up. We just choose whether or not to look at it ourselves.

Irrelevant.  Wrong thread.  Vent about that in religion - don't want to derail this thread about Wynne.

Edited by betsy

19 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

What you should really do is watch the whole video.

It's that particular message - there's no twisting or skirting around that.

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

Compare with this re-phrasing:

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who don't look like me is going to vote, some senior person Muslim, older than me, some white black person.” 

Bottom-line:  you don't single out a particular group.  You can encourage young voters in a positive way.

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.” 

“If you don’t vote, then somebody who don't look like me is going to vote, some senior person Muslim, older than me, some white black person.” 

Bottom-line:  you don't single out a particular group.  You can encourage young voters in a positive way.

If black people were consistently over represented because of their proportionally high turnout rates and you were trying to convince another group that they should participate so that their interests and concerns were represented, then that would be a perfectly appropriate thing to say. It's all in the context, which you deliberately leave out because you don't care about bearing false witness of other people. I can see why God made it a commandment, because it's a pretty scummy thing to do.

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

If black people were consistently over represented because of their proportionally high turnout rates and you were trying to convince another group that they should participate so that their interests and concerns were represented, then that would be a perfectly appropriate thing to say. It's all in the context, which you deliberately leave out because you don't care about bearing false witness of other people. I can see why God made it a commandment, because it's a pretty scummy thing to do.

Are you kidding?  Lol. 

They can't even describe a missing child in Montreal as black - and that's a matter of life and death!

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I don't know what missing children has to do with it. You're saying it's wrong to identify a missing child's race? That makes no sense. Don't try to distract from how you're lying about Wynne.

No lies.  Not irrelevant!

If you're going to ignore that....then I might as well just ignore you.  Anyway, I'm tired of your nonsense.  I've wasted enough time on you....so never mind. 

Edited by betsy