Happy International Women's Day.

March 8 is the greatest day on calendar. People of both genders around the globe are celebrating this great day as an annual event as to honor many political, social, economic and cultural achievements by women past many years. This day reflects on advancements that have been made over time as well as steps that can be taken in order to continue to promote gender equality.

While equality and freedom for women has been to some extend achieved in Western countries however, we must not forget that in many countries especially those in Middle East women are still struggling for their very basic human rights which is freedom of choice and equality in rights before the law. They face severe punishments and risks but they still continue with their struggle. THEY DESERVE our support especially on this great day while honering and remembering and celebrating these great achievements by women in the West past century, we must not forget those who are still struggling to achieve equality and freedom around the world. Victory and God’s power to all those women who are fighting for equality and freedom all over the world.

I'm not sure how I feel about this day. It lacks its 'complement', a Man's Day, unlike the set, "Mothers/Father's Day". I don't interpret (or no longer interpret) women as being THE 'victim' of some Patriarchy even in other places because a Matriarchy is often an equal contributing factor in sync with its ORIGINAL causes. The loss of the original formulation of such social attitudes when the more modern environments make the old reasons obsolete make it hard to notice how the problems are not so clear cut.

We can't dictate 'what' it means to be "fair" upon other worlds until we recognize the problem of "culture" with regards to laws themselves. That is, ANY culturally specified laws create and/or enhance problems. A "woman's" issue with regards to government should NOT speak of any cultural interpretation about the GENDER of femininity but does. This distinction is yet to be understood. 

15 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this day. It lacks its 'complement', a Man's Day, unlike the set, "Mothers/Father's Day". I don't interpret (or no longer interpret) women as being THE 'victim' of some Patriarchy even in other places because a Matriarchy is often an equal contributing factor in sync with its ORIGINAL causes. The loss of the original formulation of such social attitudes when the more modern environments make the old reasons obsolete make it hard to notice how the problems are not so clear cut.

We can't dictate 'what' it means to be "fair" upon other worlds until we recognize the problem of "culture" with regards to laws themselves. That is, ANY culturally specified laws create and/or enhance problems. A "woman's" issue with regards to government should NOT speak of any cultural interpretation about the GENDER of femininity but does. This distinction is yet to be understood. 

There is no Men's Day because there is nothing special about men (though those fathers who take care of the family and make sacrifices are different so they deserve a day). Women are special. They do deserve a special day. They are the sources of life. They are carrying babies for 9 months, feeding them in their wombs and even after birth they are the ones with milk to feed them. They are close to being angels though some of them are.

At least one day of the year must be specifically for them to celebrate their achievements and  also to remind everyone that still in 21 century so many of them are being oppressed in sub-cultural regions and support their struggle for equality. Men are the oppressors,  physically stronger (in most cases) though women are the ones with bigger hearts and smarter minds. Even in those regions where the regime tried hard to suppress them they came out victorious.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyguttman/2015/12/09/set-to-take-over-tech-70-of-irans-science-and-engineering-students-are-women/#4fe3b8c644de

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

17 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is no Men's Day because there is nothing special about men (though those fathers who take care of the family and make sacrifices are different so they deserve a day). Women are special. They do deserve a special day. They are the sources of life. They are carrying babies for 9 months, feeding them in their wombs and even after birth they are the ones with milk to feed them. They are close to being angels though some of them are.

Your comments are extremely transphobic and dismissive of transwomen and transmen. It is also very dismissive of infertile women and women who chose not to have kids. Not all women can have kids, not all women choose to have kids, and some men get pregnant. Please stop perpetuating chivalry and traditional gender roles regarding reproduction.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

4 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Your comments are extremely transphobic and dismissive of transwomen and transmen. It is also very dismissive of infertile women and women who chose not to have kids. Not all women can have kids, not all women choose to have kids, and some men get pregnant. Please stop perpetuating chivalry and traditional gender roles regarding reproduction.

I am tired of political correctness. One has to try to walk on egg shell or include all layers not to miss and offend anyone somewhere!!!!!. You people try to spoil it even on such a great day. I was talking about women not transwomen (who are born male) or transmen (who decided to become men) and yes small minority of women who cannot give birth but they can give love so they are still special so lets charish them all.

As I said in my first post, International women's Day is  to honor many political, social, economic and cultural achievements by women past many years. This day reflects on advancements that have been made over time as well as steps that can be taken in order to continue to promote gender equality. Men always had all rights and never needed to fight and achieve equality and freedom , in fact in some cases some sub-men are the oppressors say in Middle East so there is no reason that we need to have a Men's day. That was my point.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That was my point.

Your point seems to be that you are promoting transphobia and bigotry.

Men always had all rights

No right to genital integrity (circumcision without consent is currently legal), no right to not be drafted in some countries, no reproductive rights such as right to forgo parental responsibility and rights, no equal access to parent custody, homeless shelters, scholarships, etc.

yes small minority of women who cannot give birth but they can give love

So are you suggested that women who cannot give birth are expected to 'give love'? That's pretty messed up.

And you did not even address women who choose to not have kids. Why do they not exist to you?

3 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Your point seems to be that you are promoting transphobia and bigotry.

No right to genital integrity (circumcision without consent is currently legal), no right to not be drafted in some countries, no reproductive rights such as right to forgo parental responsibility and rights, no equal access to parent custody, homeless shelters, scholarships, etc.

So are you suggested that women who cannot give birth are expected to 'give love'? That's pretty messed up.

And you did not even address women who choose to not have kids. Why do they not exist to you?

You are making some distorted bordring sick conclusions of your own. Your purpose is to mess up this great occassion. You clearly have serious issues with women in your life. Get some help.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 3/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is no Men's Day because there is nothing special about men (though those fathers who take care of the family and make sacrifices are different so they deserve a day). Women are special.

How to derail a conversation with a negative.

On 09/03/2018 at 3:07 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

At least one day of the year must be specifically for them to celebrate their achievements and  also to remind everyone that still in 21 century so many of them are being oppressed in sub-cultural regions and support their struggle for equality. Men are the oppressors,  physically stronger (in most cases) though women are the ones with bigger hearts and smarter minds. Even in those regions where the regime tried hard to suppress them they came out victorious.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyguttman/2015/12/09/set-to-take-over-tech-70-of-irans-science-and-engineering-students-are-women/#4fe3b8c644de

I'd disagree with a Men's Day too. But IF we celebrate one sex for some reason, the proof of discrimination is when some think that one should 'balance' out some perception of abuse by one WHOLE class, by actively promoting EXCLUSIVE attention to another WHOLE class. "Two wrongs don't make a right," is what comes to mind. But it is NOT even appropriately established that discrimination is merely of some 'Patriarchy' as a corresponding 'Matriarchy' is always coexistent with any such interpretations. 

I used to be 'feminist' but can no longer embrace this title precisely because I've learned that much of this movement isn't to dismiss FAVORABLE stereotypes of the choices women make but to the NEGATIVE ones that is blamed on men uniquely. The causes are more complex. But just ask yourself this:

If the class, 'Men', have dominated over the class, 'Women', 

(1)Are ALL children of each class products of men only?

(2) If this domination includes all areas of power, does this not include the acts involved in socializing between the sexes, the selections of those who pass on the genes, and the ones who dictate the act of sex itself?

If so, then has either the vast majority of children born be products of 'force' (as in, 'rape'), or that at least SOME are products of women's own contribution in some way? That is, do women not 'own' an equal role in HOW men and women differ genetically and culturally?

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, Scott Mayers said:

I'd disagree with a Men's Day too. But IF we celebrate one sex for some reason, the proof of discrimination is when some think that one should 'balance' out some perception of abuse by one WHOLE class, by actively promoting EXCLUSIVE attention to another WHOLE class. "Two wrongs don't make a right," is what comes to mind. But it is NOT even appropriately established that discrimination is merely of some 'Patriarchy' as a corresponding 'Matriarchy' is always coexistent with any such interpretations. 

I used to be 'feminist' but can no longer embrace this title precisely because I've learned that much of this movement isn't to dismiss FAVORABLE stereotypes of the choices women make but to the NEGATIVE ones that is blamed on men uniquely. The causes are more complex. But just ask yourself this:

If the class, 'Men', have dominated over the class, 'Women', 

(1)Are ALL children of each class products of men only?

(2) If this domination includes all areas of power, does this not include the acts involved in socializing between the sexes, the selections of those who pass on the genes, and the ones who dictate the act of sex itself?

If so, then has either the vast majority of children born be products of 'force' (as in, 'rape'), or that at least SOME are products of women's own contribution in some way? That is, do women not 'own' an equal role in HOW men and women differ genetically and culturally?

Male and female are not 'classes'.    All workers should go all out to end unequal treatment, because the bully-class live by dividing their victims.    Anyone so naïve as really to divide the world up by the chances of genitalia is senselessly superstitious and playing along with the real masters.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, angrypenguin said:

Days like this make me hate women. You want equality, fine, happy to support it, but you better not be a hypocrite about it, and that's why I hate days like this.

You can be pretty sure that there will never be a Happy International Men's Day being celebrated around the world. Let's be serious and honest here. Where would women be today if men were not around to have been able to build homes for them or give women all the modern appliances and conveniences that they have today? There would be no planes, trains or automobiles for them to drive or be driven in. If we are going to celebrate women's day and their contributions well it has to work both ways. Otherwise what is all this gender equality stuff all about? This is just plain sexist. Anyway, I do like most of the women out there. There is plenty of eye candy to look at in my travels that I can stare at every day. :D

Another thing that I hate and bothers me the most is that we are suppose to celebrate all other races and their contributions and history to the world but white people cannot be allowed to have the same done for them and have a day named in their honor. This is certainly racist for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Let's be serious and honest here. Where would women be today if men were not around to have been able to build homes for them or give women all the modern appliances and conveniences that they have today? There would be no planes, trains or automobiles for them to drive or be driven in.

Women invented beer. And COBOL. And windshield wipers.  And stem cell isolation.  And wireless technology.  And dishwashers, refrigerators and ice cream makers.

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

You can be pretty sure that there will never be a Happy International Men's Day being celebrated around the world. Let's be serious and honest here. Where would women be today if men were not around to have been able to build homes for them or give women all the modern appliances and conveniences that they have today? There would be no planes, trains or automobiles for them to drive or be driven in. If we are going to celebrate women's day and their contributions well it has to work both ways. Otherwise what is all this gender equality stuff all about? This is just plain sexist. Anyway, I do like most of the women out there. There is plenty of eye candy to look at in my travels that I can stare at every day. :D

Another thing that I hate and bothers me the most is that we are suppose to celebrate all other races and their contributions and history to the world but white people cannot be allowed to have the same done for them and have a day named in their honor. This is certainly racist for sure. 

EVERY ONE OF US IS HERE BECAUSE OF WOMEN. They feed us in their bodies and carry out for 9 months until we are able to be born and breath ourself. Then they give us birth going through excruciating pain for hours. Then they nurse us day and night. Teach us how to stand, how to walk, stay awake while we as babies are sleep and nurse us in health and sickness, give their unconditional love and care. Who on earth will do anything close to any of these? Only women do it. Not only a big majority are superior in hearts but also many proven their superioriarity in minds too when it comes to education and decison making . Those sub-humans all over the world but especially concentrated in ME know these facts and use their physical superiority to suppress women and hence and hide their own inferiority  (well a bear is physically stronger too but hardly superior).

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

19 hours ago, Goddess said:

Women invented beer. And COBOL. And windshield wipers.  And stem cell isolation.  And wireless technology.  And dishwashers, refrigerators and ice cream makers.

You're welcome.

Women invented beer. - Even in history it is not know that one individual has invented beer, the nearest historical evidence is the collective of Göbekli Tepe

And COBOL- COBOL was invented by a multitude of individuals and university assistance, FLOW-MATIC was invented by Grace Hopper and Remington Rand. A group of people working together.

And windshield wipers- Mary Anderson hired a designer to invent the windshield wiper and it was manufactured using a local company. Again a group of people working together.

And stem cell isolation.-  There is no one individual recognized for stem cell isolation, but a collective of individuals who worked together through a university.  A collective group of people working towards achieving a goal.

And wireless technology.- Extremely broad statement, to what in particular are you referring to in this statement?  Such as radio, light, magnetic,electric fields or the use of sound type of wireless technology?

And dishwashers,- Invented by Josephine Cochrane together with mechanic George Butters, again another group of two people working together to achieve a goal.

Refrigerators- Jacob Perkins, invented the first working vapor-compression refrigeration system along with colleges. The first refrigerator to see widespread use was produced by General Electric, a collective of employees working towards a goal.

Ice cream makers.- Yes this is probably the only example given that could be considered an individual Nancy M. (Donaldson) Johnson to invent the ice cream maker, who happens to be a woman.

It is extremely rare that any one individual with no outside influence or assistance invents a new technology valued to society. Instead the most common method of inventing something, is a group of like minded people collaborating together to achieve a collective goal. This idea of focusing whether a man invented Y or a woman invented X is damaging to our current successful structure. It is a collaboration of people from the past and the present that has brought about the technology and ideologies of today.

What separates us from being just another pile of monkeys grazing in the forest, is the idea that we as a species work together as a collective to achieve global functioning economies and societies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

EVERY ONE OF US IS HERE BECAUSE OF WOMEN. They feed us in their bodies and carry out for 9 months until we are able to be born and breath ourself. Then they give us birth going through excruciating pain for hours. Then they nurse us day and night. Teach us how to stand, how to walk, stay awake while we as babies are sleep and nurse us in health and sickness, give their unconditional love and care. Who on earth will do anything close to any of these? Only women do it. Not only a big majority are superior in hearts but also many proven their superioriarity in minds too when it comes to education and decison making . Those sub-humans all over the world but especially concentrated in ME know these facts and use their physical superiority to suppress women and hence and hide their own inferiority  (well a bear is physically stronger too but hardly superior).

Every one of us is here because of men, I can understand your enthusiasm for the value women bring to society. However, focusing on the idea that one sex is superior is dangerous. Yes men and women can be vastly different.Yet, through a combination of those differences, that we as a collective, have been able to create ideas, complex social systems, economies and extend human life.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

It is extremely rare that any one individual with no outside influence or assistance invents a new technology valued to society. Instead the most common method of inventing something, is a group of like minded people collaborating together to achieve a collective goal. This idea of focusing whether a man invented Y or a woman invented X is damaging to our current successful structure. It is a collaboration of people from the past and the present that has brought about the technology and ideologies of today.

What separates us from being just another pile of monkeys grazing in the forest, is the idea that we as a species work together as a collective to achieve global functioning economies and societies.

Yes, I'm aware of that - inventions are usually collaborative efforts.  Taxme feels that women have contributed absolutely nothing to society and that if it weren't for men, women would be living in makeshift lean-to's in squalor, barely able to feed themselves.

My post was to counter his post and to show that women also contribute greatly to society. 

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Goddess said:

You're welcome.

Show me the names of the women that invented all those things you mentioned above? What proof do you have to show me here? I really would like to know more about this. Seriously. 

Beer? What a laugh. Most women hate beer. LOL. Did they invent rum also? Just asking.

Go ahead, make your day, honey. :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Show me the names of the women that invented all those things you mentioned above? What proof do you have to show me here? I really would like to know more about this. Seriously. 

Beer? What a laugh. Most women hate beer. LOL. Did they invent rum also? Just asking.

Go ahead, make your day, honey. :D 

The general consensus is that women invented beer as they were the ones who usually did such things in those early societies.  Women played a large part in all of the above inventions.

I really don't care if you think women are useless pieces of  non-contributing society members. 

I WILL remind you, though, Taxme - your attitude towards women is EXACTLY the same attitude many Muslims have towards women and the reason for hijabs and burkas, which you said you were against.  Yet somehow you are not against the attitudes that lead to such oppression of women.

And I'm not your "honey".

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also invented giving birth to every person who every lived.  That's one great invention.

Are you just joshing with me again? God was responsible for that invention, not a woman. God is the one who created women in the first place and gave women the job of giving birth. So, what you are trying to say and trying so very hard to be funny here is that it was a woman that invented the idea of being able to grow life in their tummies, eh? God one, fella. It's been more than 39 times that I have been wondering about you? 

Correction teach? That should be "ever" not every. Just thought I would point that error out to you. Why not, you always whine about my Englishes spelling errors. :lol: