Happy International Women's Day.

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No number of babies has nothing to do with it. Most of the time it is the backward culture or male dominated culture that suppresses women. 

Most of the third worlds problems are due to the fact that they have too many children. Do you think that if you had 5 or 8 children that you would not be living in poverty today even here in Canada? Unless you are very rich than you probably could afford it but we never see wealthy people having more than one to three children today. Indeed they are in most cases backwards countries but why don't the women in those countries say enough already? The women should get out there and start to demonstrate by the hundreds of thousands. Maybe then the women will get somewhere. But as long as they are willing to take it well then they deserve what they have and are getting. If abortions were ever needed it would be in many of those 3rd world countries. 

What peeves me off in this country is that women are more likely to demonstrate against Trump then get together world wide and fight for women's rights in the 3rd world. Canada could start the ball rolling by denying any of these countries that suppress women anymore foreign aid because in most cases foreign aid is the bloody problem. Works for me. :)

39 minutes ago, taxme said:

Most of the third worlds problems are due to the fact that they have too many children. Do you think that if you had 5 or 8 children that you would not be living in poverty today even here in Canada? Unless you are very rich than you probably could afford it but we never see wealthy people having more than one to three children today. Indeed they are in most cases backwards countries but why don't the women in those countries say enough already? The women should get out there and start to demonstrate by the hundreds of thousands. Maybe then the women will get somewhere. But as long as they are willing to take it well then they deserve what they have and are getting. If abortions were ever needed it would be in many of those 3rd world countries. 

They don't have a say and they don't have a choice and they don't have a voice. This is cultural going on for thousands of years. You can't break traditions and you can't change it overnight. This was one purpose of this thread among others to make people aware of the fact in the third world and gather support for women in those regions and it was diverted.

Relationships are sometimes forceful usually women being the victims against their will they marry and in a so called relationships which many in civilized world consider it a rape. In my book if a girl marries (or forced to) then all the encounters later are equivalent to rape and also if a wife dnot want sex and she is forced to provide it that is rape too in my book. Legal rape.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

53 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They don't have a say and they don't have a choice and they don't have a voice. This is cultural going on for thousands of years. You can't break traditions and you can't change it overnight. This was one purpose of this thread among others to make people aware of the fact in the third world and gather support for women in those regions and it was diverted.

Relationships are sometimes forceful usually women being the victims against their will they marry and in a so called relationships which many in civilized world consider it a rape. In my book if a girl marries (or forced to) then all the encounters later are equivalent to rape and also if a wife dnot want sex and she is forced to provide it that is rape too in my book. Legal rape.

I am curious CITIZEN_2015 if the purpose of the thread was to gather support for women in those regions what would you have us in Canada do? What type of support do you think we can give women in those regions? What would you recommend?

First off awareness of how the situation is as I believe many in the west are not aware of the depth of problem in countries lije Afdganustan, Pakistan, India, Arabian countries even the so called progressive ones. Second Writing to our MPs to cut off all support for those regimes or cultures who support or promote suppression of women like selling billions of militarty hardware to Saudi Arabia and continued break off with Iran. Our government must pressure those regimes to change their behaviour and stop suppressing women. 

In the West we have democracy. The government listens and acts when people become aware of the depth of the problem. Environment is one example when the governments were forced to act. Third, Urge our government and write public statements everywhere that we must  stop bringing those people whose belief and culture is suppression of women because if they form a countable percentage of our population (not necessarily a majority) then they start changing our democratic values too. Same way that we keep viruses out of our bodies (leftists start attacking me now!!!!).

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

First off awareness of how the situation is as I believe many in the west are not aware of the depth of problem in countries lije Afdganustan, Pakistan, India, Arabian countries even the so called progressive ones. Second Writing to our MPs to cut off all support for those regimes or cultures who support or promote suppression of women like selling billions of militarty hardware to Saudi Arabia and continued break off with Iran. Our government must pressure those regimes to change their behaviour and stop suppressing women. 

In the West we have democracy. The government listens and acts when people become aware of the depth of the problem. Environment is one example when the governments were forced to act. Third, Urge our government and write public statements everywhere that we must  stop bringing those people whose belief and culture is suppression of women because if they form a countable percentage of our population (not necessarily a majority) then they start changing our democratic values too. Same way that we keep viruses out of our bodies (leftists start attacking me now!!!!).

A few questions might need to be answered before any action is taken, such as

Does one country have the right to tell another country how to behave?

If you are holding a gun to someone's head and telling them to change, is that really change?

One could look at how we as developed countries came to have an equal system, was it through force?

Was there an outside force pushing our own society to change our morals? Or have we advanced in our morals, over a long period of time? (assuming our morals are advanced)

Do you think these countries just need time, like we had, to attain equal morals for all?

I agree with your recommendation of making an economic war if our own morals are subject to change with the exchange of goods imported. But keep in mind it is using force to expect your result, hence the idea of having a gun to someone's head expecting an inner character change.

To stop selling weapons to certain countries does not work since they can get it from other places, China, Russia, satellite american dealers. Canada as far as I know, does not sell a military weapons to overseas countries. Since they are the customer, preventing the sale of our own weapons does not change their behavior, since we need their money but they do not need to trade with us for useful weapons.

However, I think you are on the right track, if we stopped buying goods from countries in support of a certain ideology that does not agree with our moral code, then you might be able to change a part of their ideology.

A few problems may arise from such action, if you take a look at India they export a lot of pharmaceuticals to Canada. Which in turn make it cheap and accessible for the low income people. Just in looking at canceling trade with India you may be in fact causing harm to men and women in Canada.

https://www.asiapacific.ca/statistics/trade/bilateral-trade-asia-product/canadas-merchandise-trade-india

I agree with your premise of people assimilating when immigrating.

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If the globalist elite wanted to make a big deal out of women's rights in many of those anti-women countries then all they would have to do is to get their owned MSM to report about it. We saw that action being taken against apartheid decades ago. But the only time we see the globalist elite sic their MSM dogs and politicians on some country is when it suits their purpose. On the one hand we are told by our politicians and the MSM that we cannot interfere in other countries affairs. But yet at other times they have no problem interfering in another countries affairs. We live in a two faced society. It reminds me of those animal lovers who tell us all that time that nature can be cruel at times and that we must not interfere with some injured animal and must leave it be and let nature take it's course. But yet they do it all the time themselves. Hypocrisy is everywhere. 

First of all I believe that most Canadians especially women could careless anyway. If they did they would be out there marching and trying to do something about it. They have it pretty good in Canada so why should I waste my time about their problems over there. The environmentalist movement is a farce. As far as I am concerned writing to your MP's about women's rights being violated in many countries will get you nowhere unless the globalist bankster elite decides it is time for them to take action. Banksters lend those anti-women countries billions every year but never tell them that they must do something about their anti women attitude. Our politicians are only a bunch of puppets on a string for the globalists where when it comes to world affairs they will dictate what our politicians and the MSM will report on and are told what to do about it. There is no real democracy in Canada because you have no say as to what goes on in Canada or the world. Your job is to pay your taxes and shut the hell up and leave the running of the world up to the globalists and their puppet politicians. It has not worked well yet.  

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

If you are holding a gun to someone's head and telling them to change, is that really change?

One could look at how we as developed countries came to have an equal system, was it through force?

Was there an outside force pushing our own society to change our morals? Or have we advanced in our morals, over a long period of time? (assuming our morals are advanced)

Do you think these countries just need time, like we had, to attain equal morals for all?

Yes absolutely if those countries behave in a inhuman manner suppressing their population for example. Did the world had the right to say to Germany how to behave 80 years ago? The answer is yes. Do we have the right to demand that certain countries to stop tyranny, stop torture, stop mudering their own people? stop crowding their prisons with political prisors? stop mistreating minorities? stop suppressing their female population? The answer to all these questions is YES we do.

No not more time. How many more innocent people do you accept to be shot dead on streets for peaceful demonstrations, or die of torture in prisons or women  deprived from rights and equality?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I agree with your recommendation of making an economic war if our own morals are subject to change with the exchange of goods imported. But keep in mind it is using force to expect your result, hence the idea of having a gun to someone's head expecting an inner character change.

To stop selling weapons to certain countries does not work since they can get it from other places, China, Russia, satellite american dealers. Canada as far as I know, does not sell a military weapons to overseas countries. Since they are the customer, preventing the sale of our own weapons does not change their behavior, since we need their money but they do not need to trade with us for useful weapons.

However, I think you are on the right track, if we stopped buying goods from countries in support of a certain ideology that does not agree with our moral code, then you might be able to change a part of their ideology.

A few problems may arise from such action, if you take a look at India they export a lot of pharmaceuticals to Canada. Which in turn make it cheap and accessible for the low income people. Just in looking at canceling trade with India you may be in fact causing harm to men and women in Canada.

https://www.asiapacific.ca/statistics/trade/bilateral-trade-asia-product/canadas-merchandise-trade-india

I agree with your premise of people assimilating when immigrating.

We are always told by our politicians that we cannot butt into other countries affairs. What goes on in another country is none of our concern or business. But when they want to butt into another countries affairs then they can do so with no problem at all. Our politicians are always just plain full of it and show so much contempt towards we the sheeple and we take it without a whimper. We have become a nation of wimp slaves. 

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes absolutely if those countries behave in a inhuman manner suppressing their population for example. Did the world had the right to say to Germany how to behave 80 years ago? The answer is yes. Do we have the right to demand that certain countries to stop tyranny, stop torture, stop mudering their own people? stop crowding their prisons with political prisors? stop mistreating minorities? stop suppressing their female population? The answer to all these questions is YES we do.

No the develpoed countries are relatively democratic because a certain army was defeated and its advance halted at Spain centuries ago.

No not more time. How many more innocent people do you accept to be shot dead on streets for peaceful demonstrations, or die of torture in prisons or women  deprived from rights and equality?

Canada only talks the talk, never does the walk. Canada has for decades now to try and get those anti-women countries to change their ways but so far not so good. We give then billions in foreign aid and for what? If you care so much about women's plight in some countries well start demanding that foreign aid be stopped to those countries until they fix the problem. But Canada will not stop handing out money to those countries willy-nilly. It would appear as though they just like to borrow money from the international banksters so they can blow it all just for fun. I would sure like to know as to what those countries are doing with our tax dollars? Our politicians try and make it appear as though they give a chit about women's rights in the third world but I don't believe that they do at all. Talk is cheap. Our Canadian politicians are great at making cheap talk. 

And what army are you talking about anyway? Curious. 

When the people decide to take over the roll of running and ruling the world and not leave it up to the globalist banksters and puppet politicians who have shown us all that they have no clue as to how to get things done right and proper, just always get it wrong because with them it is all about the money and power and nothing more. The people be dammed. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Did the world had the right to say to Germany how to behave 80 years ago? The answer is yes.

Germany is a different issue, everyone was okay with Germany being a proud nation until they unleashed there dominance over others, hence a war. To which we would be doing the same thing, unleashing our own dominance over other countries for what we would consider a moral obligation.

The same could be said for North Korea, China, parts of the middle east. They have moral differences that we would tend to disagree, yet we are not fighting to bring equality to those countries.

By the time you have read this post 11 kids have died from preventable causes, does this make you morally responsible for these deaths? Does this make you willing to accept their deaths? Well you are not morally responsible, but ethically you are responsible, and yes you are willing to accept those deaths otherwise you would have stopped their deaths. Is it realistic to blame you for those deaths, no, is it realistic to present you as an evil human because you did not prevent the death of another human life across the globe, no.

However, do I personally accept innocent people to be shot dead on the streets for peaceful demonstrations or deprived from right and equality? Absolutely, we as a developed countries fought civil wars over equality, we died because of ideologies, we died to attain our freedoms, our history is scattered with the fallen bodies who fought to attain the rights and freedoms we share today.

Does this mean that people have to die just to get to this point? I am not sure, do we have the right demand, sure, we can demand all day long, but nothing will happen unless you support your demand with action. But I would question if interfering with other countries just so we can impose our morality on another country is ethically justifiable, imagine if our situation was reversed. 

The way you are proposing is to use force to change people's minds, does that really work in the long run? It might change people actions, but it will not change their minds or inner morals. 

Another dilemma, if you say no more imports from country X because we do not like their lack of human rights,  what prevents country X from selling their goods to country Y who legally has human rights, but sells the exact goods from country X to you, claiming it is their own goods? Hence you are still supporting Country X through a satellite country.

Maybe by us just being in existence, proves to the women and men in those countries, that fighting for equality is attainable and preferable. It goes along the same line as, You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You show him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.

To give a brief response:

I am doing MY part to fight evil. Maybe I prevent a couple of kid's deaths but that is so much I could afford if everyone does his or her part saving a couple of kids then there won't be kid's deaths anymore. Do you do your part? I can not all by myself prevent kids deaths but if I and you get together then it will be WE and the number of We's in the developed world is enough to save all kids if We all do our part. Also back to women's rights and human right internationally I do my part by at least writing about it and making people aware of the situation and write to politicians. Again I ask you if at least you do this much?

To give a brief response:

I am doing MY part to fight evil. Maybe I prevent a couple of kid's deaths but that is so much I could afford if everyone does his or her part saving a couple of kids then there won't be kid's deaths anymore. Do you do your part? I can not all by myself prevent kids deaths but if I and you get together then it will be WE and the number of We's in the developed world is enough to save all kids if We all do our part. Also back to women's rights and human right internationally I do my part by at least writing about it and making people aware of the situation and write to politicians. Again I ask you if at least you do this much?

We can explore in depth whether or not you or I are equally helping the world, but we both know that does not progress the discussion.

Instead of expecting others or government to follow your direction, make your own. Focus on giving yourself an attainable goal and in doing so you will find others will follow.

Example:

I believe in countries that support freedom for men and women. That is why I will no longer support India by buying their goods or services.

Would you join this movement to provide freedom for the men and women of India Citizen_2015?

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Instead of expecting others or government to follow your direction, make your own. Focus on giving yourself an attainable goal and in

I believe in countries that support freedom for men and women. That is why I will no longer support India by buying their goods or services.

Would you join this movement to provide freedom for the men and women of India Citizen_2015?

Not sure why you pick on India when we have Iran regime and Saudi Arabia. India is a semi democracy and yes violence against women do exist but that violence is not triggered and promoted by the india government. By all means go ahead with your boycott but in my view it is misleading to publically example India as a land of suppression of women or violator of human rights.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Not sure why you pick on India when we have Iran regime and Saudi Arabia. India is a semi democracy and yes violence against women do exist but that violence is not triggered and promoted by the india government. By all means go ahead with your boycott but in my view it is misleading to publically example India as a land of suppression of women or violator of human rights.

I did not pick on India, you did.

First off awareness of how the situation is as I believe many in the west are not aware of the depth of problem in countries lije Afdganustan, Pakistan, India, Arabian countries even the so called progressive ones. 

I proposed we boycott India for the goal of freedom (giving rights to all) from your example, yet you question why I would pick such a country, a country you even chose to use as an example from your last post, on top of it you defended the very country you listed, as a problem. 

I picked India from your example because it is the only country, in your example, that actually makes the top 15 countries Canada trades with, India: $3.2 billion (0.8%), If you can name a mass produced product manufactured by any other of your countries you listed that imports the product into Canada for mass Canadian purchase, then we can see if it is worth boycotting. India has a slew of mass produced products on our shelves it would be fairly easy to encourage people to buy other countries products instead.