Happy International Women's Day.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The general consensus is that women invented beer as they were the ones who usually did such things in those early societies.  Women played a large part in all of the above inventions.

I really don't care if you think women are useless pieces of  non-contributing society members. 

I WILL remind you, though, Taxme - your attitude towards women is EXACTLY the same attitude many Muslims have towards women and the reason for hijabs and burkas, which you said you were against.  Yet somehow you are not against the attitudes that lead to such oppression of women.

And I'm not your "honey".

So, what was the name of the woman who invented wireless technology or the dishwasher again? I await your answer. After all you are the one that pretty much said that it was a woman who invented wireless technology and the dishwasher, right? So back it up?

So, are you saying that a woman was sitting around the house one day many many decades ago and said and asked Mr. Man, can you invent and build me a dishwasher and refrigerator for me to make my life easier because I have no idea as to where to start? Sure they did, right? In reality it was the man that thought up plenty of inventions to make life easier for their women. Women may have had some small play in the invention of some of the above mentioned but it was the man who really came up with and invented and built those mentioned above,  inventions that you see and use inside and outside your home every day. 

I never said that I thought women were a "useless pieces of non-contributing society members" You said that, not me.  I think that women have contributed a lot of things in society and in making life great and easy for themselves and men. It does take two to tango, you know. And when I go to bed at night I am sure glad as hell that I have woman lying next to me. Eyes flashing. :D

My attitude towards women comes no where near the same attitude that Muslims men have towards their Muslim women. When or where did I ever say that I thought that all women should be forced to wear hijabs or black halloween costumes from head to toe? I am against all of that and I have made it quite clear many times which apparently you now want to say that I did not and want to take what I said out of context. So, if you can show me where I have said that I want all women to be seen in hijabs and burkas? Show me please and point it out to me?

I was pizzed off when I saw the premier of Ontario loser liberal Wynne a fighter for women and lesbian rights allow herself to be made a fool of in a Mosque by being told that she must not be with the men go sit in the corner. What a joke she was for all the women fighting for equality in Canada and around the world. Did you ever have a comment about Wynne's absolute insult to women, uhmm? Just who is oppressing women today in the western world? They appear to now have more rights than men have these days. Your belief that women are still being oppressed today is way out of whack and you know that to be true. 

Okay dear, I won't call you honey anymore. :D 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, GostHacked said:

At least women get ONE day out of the year.

But yet there will still be no men's day for all that men have done and fought for and with women to give them equal rights. Men are and always have and always be seen as the oppressors of women and therefore should be treated like the scum that they are all the time and to be constantly reminded of the days long ago gone where women were treated differently to men. Women today have it great and yet many still whine and cry about how hard done by they are. 

It is in the third world where many women are treated like dirt and as slaves. Yet women here in the western world never seem to condemn what goes on in those third world countries to women. Especially the feminist movement who stay quiet on all of that. Why? I guess that would be because women in the western world are too busy whining about men in the western world. Aw well. 

So, what was the name of the woman who invented wireless technology or the dishwasher again? I await your answer. After all you are the one that pretty much said that it was a woman who invented wireless technology and the dishwasher, right? So back it up?

Read for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventions_and_discoveries_by_women

I never said that I thought women were a "useless pieces of non-contributing society members" 

You said this:

Where would women be today if men were not around to have been able to build homes for them or give women all the modern appliances and conveniences that they have today? There would be no planes, trains or automobiles for them to drive or be driven in.

Women wouldn't have homes if men didn't provide them?  Men gave women ALL the modern appliances and conveniences, did they?  There would be nothing for women to transport themselves in or on, if it weren't for men?  Really?  Really, Taxme???????

My attitude towards women comes no where near the same attitude that Muslims men have towards their Muslim women. When or where did I ever say that I thought that all women should be forced to wear hijabs or black halloween costumes from head to toe? I am against all of that and I have made it quite clear many times which apparently you now want to say that I did not and want to take what I said out of context. So, if you can show me where I have said that I want all women to be seen in hijabs and burkas? Show me please and point it out to me?

Try to follow along this time:

You have said many times that you do not agree with women wearing hijabs and burkas.  Yet you support the ATTITUDES of those who oppress women by espousing the EXACT same ideas about women - useless, can't fend for themselves, need men to survive.

And when I go to bed at night I am sure glad as hell that I have woman lying next to me. Eyes flashing. :D

Does she know that the only value you place on women is as something to sleep with?

And I'm not your "dear" either.

Edited by Goddess

On 3/10/2018 at 7:51 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Hear Hear.  Let's be thankful for what women do for us, in whatever capacity.

Here-here. The world would never be normal if a man did not have a woman around in his life. In the home it is the woman that the man and the children rally around and look up too. She is the boss and the one that the men and children have no problem with as the boss lady. Women make a home for men. Without a woman in a man's life, he is lost in the wilderness, and there is no home for a man without a woman being there for him. For myself I would hate to see myself living alone without a woman by my side.

But we must not forget about what men have done for women and equality and what men have done for women to try and make their lives better. It works both ways. 

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Read for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventions_and_discoveries_by_women

You said this:

Where would women be today if men were not around to have been able to build homes for them or give women all the modern appliances and conveniences that they have today? There would be no planes, trains or automobiles for them to drive or be driven in.

Women wouldn't have homes if men didn't provide them?  Men gave women ALL the modern appliances and conveniences, did they?  There would be nothing for women to transport themselves in or on, if it weren't for men?  Really?  Really, Taxme???????

Try to follow along this time:

You have said many times that you do not agree with women wearing hijabs and burkas.  Yet you support the ATTITUDES of those who oppress women by espousing the EXACT same ideas about women - useless, can't fend for themselves, need men to survive.

Does she know that the only value you place on women is as something to sleep with?

And I'm not your "dear" either.

Indeed a woman may have thought and come up with an idea of creating something better for the good of all but no doubt it was the man that designed and invented and built that product. Women today are learning technology from men not vice-versa and are now starting to get good at it. We are lucky that men invented the computer or we would not be having this discussion here at all. 

Men have always provided and built homes for women. Do you think that women would have been smart enough to come up with and create the building materials needed to build a home or tall 30 or 40 floor structures that women and men live in today? Who invented electricity and piping for a home? Most of the things we have and use today in our homes were invented and designed and built by men. Some women may have thought up an idea but I am pretty dam sure that it was the man that designed and built it. Really. 

Again go back to what I said. I do not support any attitude that oppresses women nor have I ever called them useless, can't fend for themselves and they need men to survive. Women can do all of those just fine and there are plenty of examples out there for all to see. Again where have I ever supported the oppression of women and have actually said this? You really have to get away from this taxme hates women stuff. It's like some here who keep accusing me of hating Jews just because I ask questions about Judaism. If you or anyone else here can point out as to where I have said that I hate women or Jews I wish the hell they would point it out to me or forever shut up. Why do women and Jews get so touchy over being questioned or challenged about themselves is beyond me.  Really. 

First of all we do not discuss women and men issues and their differences. She values the fact that I do not force her to wear a hijab or burka and that there are no restrictions put on her as to what she can say or do or when she can and cannot leave the house. I value her freedom to do as she pleases as I do mine. And I also know as to who is the boss in the house. I will give you a hint? It's not me. So, I enjoy going to bed with a woman and at times get what all men want from a woman. A good night kiss. LOL. 

Ok darling. LOL. 

• Like 1

I can understand Taxme's frustration even if I disagree with certain parts. He is reacting (as I am) to the way today's world (and mostly repeated again and again through time) to an avenging type of reverse discrimination that began with some original just concerns. 

I've had this discussion a few times with my local 'skeptic' group to which even there the dominating trend is to favor this stupidity. It has divided our groups as well as many scientific groups elsewhere that makes those of us with rational questions on this be degraded as unbelievable heretics. I've even signed out of most of my groups here simply based on this. Unfortunately so have many others and it leaves behind (evolutionary style) those who make the appearance that science and skeptics everywhere take a most universal agreement to this cultural hypocrisy.

This isn't merely about women either. It is the WAY those who support this trend think of men and women as though they are distinct beings of one universal mind, OR, ...to take many in the middle, ...as though society has to accept a kind of 'sacrifice' in these times of change for the sake of some 'bigger picture.' This is troubling though when the 'sacrifices' are not going to those who actually either contributed to it or actually believe their own class they 'apologize' for should belong to ALL men or prior majority class appearing to be the problem. What happens is the actual INNOCENT non-abusers belonging the prior 'abusive classes' get treated as though they OWN the problem in some part AND they personally disagree. As such, why should those who don't abuse AND yet get assigned from those people who apologize for being the past abusers become the 'scapegoats' for some 'bigger picture'?

For men in this time, the apologetic males who support this women's superiority trend are the very KIND of males who had abused or agree to some link of parental ancesters of their own who have. These types of men standing along with women ARE still the same kind of arrogant pricks given they DON'T agree to equal traits of men and women because they hold views such as "Never ever should any man have a reason to hit a woman."  This is usually said in contexts where a more general wording suffices: "No one should ever have a reason to hit anyone." These same men are highly likely of the very wealthier classes too: the nature of 'inheritance' of these more fortunate males makes it easier to throw* other men as a class under the bus. Why? It distributes the DEBT for those same males who "lived off of the avails" of the prior abusive males they are related to. If they had to appropriately take individual onus for the problems, they'd have to accept losing their own inheritance as a reconciliatory offer. 

Justin Trudeau is a prime example of this. His father is even more a part of  the cause given he forcefully instituted a Constitution that is itself arrogantly biasing to favor specific cultures of Canadians in perpetuity. This "Multiculturalism (TM)" Constitution is intended to actually LOCK in special favor to the French Catholic and Anglican English establishments along with other groups associated with similar conspiratorial top-down authoritarianism. They also want powers to SEGREGATE their own from others by locking in special rights to EMPOWER their own parents to impose segregate languages and culture upon their children in a way to prevent a progressive effort BY INDIVIDUALS to alter society moving forward. 

The use of today's special status dates for 'minorities' is a hidden form of indirect attack to the white males most specifically. It's a clever political ploy that Hitler would have loved to have known: Take your target 'minority' group who has the most power by the numbers, but instead of appearing racist, use favoritism to all other groups of people at the exclusion of the target. It's not so nice today to overtly attack whole genetic classes by begging they have a cultural one, such as Hitler had done against the Jews.  But if it is done in an indirect way that just says the actions aren't negating the others but just supporting their own, it is racist/sexist to do this when the 'positive' advocacy is associating their own ingroup as one that is both genetic and cultural simultaneously. 

The sex issue is concerning given the class of women are 50% average of all humans. So this trend to draw in ALL women as one collective who suffer by the "non-Women who were also abusive" class treats ALL men as 'owners' of past problems. That is, MEN 'inherit' some culture by their very genetics and so must volunteer to the debt of all men who have abused (and assumed WILL always do so) for perpetuity. 

I'm not surprised at all the varying 'terrorist' like peoples, because they are being FORCED (abusively) to 'sacrifice'. But this defines a "scapegoat", one who is "innocent" to be slaughtered. These scapegoats though are NOT lambs though. They actually KNOW that they are being sacrificed for a long time. They are thus not 'innocent' beings who should just lay down for the sake of some 'greater picture'.

Edited by Scott Mayers
*corrected spelling (through to throw)

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

EVERY ONE OF US IS HERE BECAUSE OF WOMEN. They feed us in their bodies and carry out for 9 months until we are able to be born and breath ourself. Then they give us birth going through excruciating pain for hours. Then they nurse us day and night. Teach us how to stand, how to walk, stay awake while we as babies are sleep and nurse us in health and sickness, give their unconditional love and care. Who on earth will do anything close to any of these? Only women do it. Not only a big majority are superior in hearts but also many proven their superioriarity in minds too when it comes to education and decison making . Those sub-humans all over the world but especially concentrated in ME know these facts and use their physical superiority to suppress women and hence and hide their own inferiority  (well a bear is physically stronger too but hardly superior).

WTH.  Everyone of us is also here because of a man. Hello? So, what's your point? Do you think that a woman can get pregnant without the help of a man? Sure women have to bear the burden of having to carry the body of an unborn baby but that is how god intended it to be. No fantastic miracle going on here. True that a woman will put more of an effort into nursing that baby and bringing it up because she had more of a reason and a personal relationship with that baby. The baby was in her stomach for nine months so she would feel more attached to it than a man would. Women are caring and nurturing but that does not mean that a man can't be one of those also. After all the man did have something to do with the baby being born, don't you know?  Physically, men are strong. Mentally, women are strong. Both things are required and needed for a child to grow up healthy and wise. Just saying. 

7 minutes ago, angrypenguin said:

OUCH! :D

Ouch is right. I know where I stand or have to sit. Sometimes I just feel like such a wimp in my house. Help me.  LOL. 

Edited by taxme
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, taxme said:

Sure women have to bear the burden of having to carry the body of an unborn baby but that is how god intended it to be. No fantastic miracle going on here. True that a woman will put more of an effort into nursing that baby and bringing it up because she had more of a reason and a personal relationship with that baby. The baby was in her stomach for nine months so she would feel more attached to it than a man would. Women are caring and nurturing. 

At least you conceeded the facts that women do a lot more care for the child than men. This coming from you is a lot.

42 minutes ago, taxme said:

After all the man did have something to do with the baby being born, 

As for your comment above,  yes the man did have a part. His part was to enjoy sex and have lots of pleasure and after that he will have nothing to do with it.  BUT IT IS THE WOMAN WHO CARRIES THE BABY 9 MONTHS AND GOES THROUGH EXCRUCITING PAIN TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE BABY. And then feeding after birth (feeding the baby with her blood during pregnancy) and 24/7 caring. At least recognize the fact that THIS alone make women special and deserves lots of respect. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

Yes, I'm aware of that - inventions are usually collaborative efforts.  Taxme feels that women have contributed absolutely nothing to society and that if it weren't for men, women would be living in makeshift lean-to's in squalor, barely able to feed themselves.

My post was to counter his post and to show that women also contribute greatly to society. 

Now-now-now. Stop putting words in my mouth. I never did say or felt that women have not contributed absolutely nothing to society. They certainly have contributed a lot to society. Many things that a man would never of thought up but turned out to be good for both sexes. I look at women in the third world who do live in squalor because they have men who appear to not care for whatever reasons. The women appear to not be able to fix their own predicament because they appear to not have the know how as to how to go about building a decent home for themselves but prefer to live in squalor. Why have the women not tried to better themselves and build a better home for themselves without men? Do you know why? 

My posts were all about why are men not being recognized for all their contributions to society and why are they being denied a day called "international day for men" also, a day named in their honor? This is just plain sexist period. 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Why have the women not tried to better themselves and build a better home for themselves without men? Do you know why? 

Because they are not given a chance. Women in those countries do not have equal opportunities. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Because they are not given a chance. Women in those countries do not have equal opportunities. 

This is not necessarily the case. The original foundation of those systems were of people, both men and women, who believed in distinct roles that were necessary and functional at times. Today, while some want more power, it is only due to changes elsewhere that comparatively APPEARS to make their systems obsolete. That is, IF those societies that DO separate the powers of the sexes get improved economic equity to ALL (men or women), they lose the needs they conserved of the old ways. They are not merely being stupidly sexist but require a foundation that enables the capacity of opportunities to exist there for ALL first! They don't have that. They are often better off living in those awkwardly defined sexist conditions until their society as a whole can actually offer real opportunities for those men first. Then they'd not NEED to expect men to be the bread winners. 

Today's women want to be 'bread winners' in principle but neither be  required to be the providers also. Assuming this can be realistically done (or even should be) is arrogantly dismissive of the conditions others actually live in.

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

At least you conceeded the facts that women do a lot more care for the child than men. This coming from you is a lot.

As for your comment above,  yes the man did have a part. His part was to enjoy sex and have lots of pleasure and after that he will have nothing to do with it.  BUT IT IS THE WOMAN WHO CARRIES THE BABY 9 MONTHS AND GOES THROUGH EXCRUCITING PAIN TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE BABY. And then feeding after birth (feeding the baby with her blood during pregnancy) and 24/7 caring. At least recognize the fact that THIS alone make women special and deserves lots of respect. 

(Note Yelling in real life might work for you CITIZEN_2015, but using all caps for an entire sentence to express a point does not work in a forum, as individuals will feel like you are attacking them personally and become defensive. If you feel the need to use all caps in a forum, maybe take a break before replying, we are here to find a general consensus on a topic or discuss viable options, not bicker between ourselves.)

Sex enjoyment ( the release of Oxytocin and endorphins) can and optionally should be mutual, when conceiving a child, women do receive chemical pleasure from an orgasm. Yes women do carry the baby for up to 9 months and can experience a multitude of feelings during labor, one can be extreme pain, I respect and honor that ability. However, because the child was conceived in a relationship, the man and the woman will both play supporting roles in the development even during the early and late stages of pregnancy.

Focusing on the idea that specifically one type sex is "special " or "deserves lots of respect" is dangerous, especially when it is held as a means of power, over a percentage of the population. Yes men and women can be vastly different.Yet, through a combination of those differences, that we as a collective, have been able to create ideas, complex social systems, economies and extend human life.

Edited by Anthony

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

(Note Yelling in real life might work for you CITIZEN_2015, but using all caps for an entire sentence to express a point does not work in a forum, as individuals will feel like you are attacking them personally and become defensive. If you feel the need to use all caps in a forum, maybe take a break before replying, we are here to find a general consensus on a topic or discuss viable options, not bicker between ourselves.)

Sex enjoyment ( the release of Oxytocin and endorphins) can and optionally should be mutual, when conceiving a child, women do receive chemical pleasure from an orgasm. Yes women do carry the baby for up to 9 months and can experience a multitude of feelings during labor, one can be extreme pain, I respect and honor that ability. However, because the child was conceived in a relationship, the man and the woman will both play supporting roles in the development even during the early and late stages of pregnancy.

Focusing on the idea that specifically one type sex is "special " or "deserves lots of respect" is dangerous, especially when it is held as a means of power, over a percentage of the population. Yes men and women can be vastly different.Yet, through a combination of those differences, that we as a collective, have been able to create ideas, complex social systems, economies and extend human life.

Tha sentences in caps are not meant as yelling but rather as an emphasis that the sentence is more important than others and must be especially taken note of.

In your second paraghraph we are saying the same thing and you ALSO say that you respect and honor women because of the role they play, s why are you arguing with me when we both say the same thing?

I never said women should exercise power over men all I said was that the women have special place in our society and for the reasons we both stated they should be honored and rsepected. This was a response to those who OPPOSED designation of International Women's Day as per previous posts in this thread.

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Tha sentences in caps are not meant as yelling but rather as an emphasis that the sentence is more important than others and must be especially taken note of.

In your second paraghraph we are saying the same thing and you ALSO say that you respect and honor women because of the role they play, s why are you arguing with me when we both say the same thing?

I never said women should exercise power over men all I said was that the women have special place in our society and for the reasons we both stated they should be honored and rsepected. This was a response to those who OPPOSED designation of International Women's Day as per previous posts in this thread.

“Tha sentences in caps are not meant as yelling but rather as an emphasis that the sentence is more important than others and must be especially taken note of.”

(Thank you for understanding, I comprehend the idea of using all caps to support an emphasis on a important sentence, I personally like your excellent example “They do deserve a special day. They are the sources of life. “ where you switched to using bold, makes it feel strong and constructive.)  

“In your second paraghraph we are saying the same thing and you ALSO say that you respect and honor women because of the role they play, s why are you arguing with me when we both say the same thing?”

By no means would I want you to feel like this is an argument, rather a discussion upon the subject at hand.

I do not think we are saying the same thing, take a closer look at this sentence:

“His part was to enjoy sex and have lots of pleasure and after that he will have nothing to do with it.”

Unless I misunderstood your intention, it appears that a man with the intentions of reproduction, has sex with a woman only for sexual enjoyment, without mutual enjoyment and after sexual intercourse the man leaves with no supporting role. 

However,  especially in our current era this is not true a majority of the time.The man and the woman will both play supporting roles in the development, even during the early and late stages of pregnancy. I was pointing out there are two or more sides to pregnancy, a team of people I should say. Men who have the intentions of reproduction with a woman have a strong desire to love and take care of the woman of whom is pregnant of their offspring.  There is also two sides to sexual satisfaction, this idea that women can not enjoy sex or feel just as connected as a man, is an odd perspective. 

“I never said women should exercise power over men all I said was that the women have special place in our society and for the reasons we both stated they should be honored and rsepected.”

Indeed it should be honored and respected, yet it is used by you as a power tactic, women can have babies thus they are special. Examine this sentence:

“There is no Men's Day because there is nothing special about men (though those fathers who take care of the family and make sacrifices are different so they deserve a day). Women are special. They do deserve a special day. They are the sources of life. They are carrying babies for 9 months, feeding them in their wombs and even after birth they are the ones with milk to feed them. They are close to being angels though some of them are.”

You jumbled all women as being special for the ability to bring about sources of life, but you actively dispute that men are special, yet they have the ability, to bring about the same sources of life, to which your "special recognition" is evaluated upon.

“ This was a response to those who OPPOSED designation of International Women's Day as per previous posts in this thread.”

Actually look back in the thread, no one opposed the designation of international woman’s day, instead they questioned why it was in existence and why was there not an equal day for men. In fact the only person who directly opposed the idea was your response to an opposition for a designation of an international men's day.

“There is no Men's Day because there is nothing special about men”

“Men always had all rights and never needed to fight and achieve equality and freedom , in fact in some cases some sub-men are the oppressors say in Middle East so there is no reason that we need to have a Men's day. That was my point.”

Here you jumbled together men from the middle east as a reason all men do not deserve a special day, a grossly unfair generalization of men's behavior, irrelevant of the global heterogeneous behavior of men. What about the men who act in a respectful honorable way in developed societies? What about the men who treat women and other men with respect and fight for equal rights for all?

May I suggest, instead of telling people who they should not be, or accusing them of horrible behavior, point to the men and women who hold up your beliefs and values, encourage others to walk in their footsteps.

It all started by me opening a thread and congratulating women and men on the forum a Happy International Women"s Day and the fact that we must support in any way we can Women's movements around the world especially in places like Middle East where women still are suppressed and don't enjoy equal rights or given equal opportunity. And it was all with good intentions but it was diverted from its goals and intentions on to different subjects unrelated. I was hoping that others also step in and wish ladies a Happy Day in their names and express support for women's struggle in Iran and elsewhere,  instead of demanding an equal International Men's Day or debating how useful or great men are (in this women's thread) or accusing me of ignoring the rights of Transwomen and transmen!!!!. I wish they had opened ANOTHER thread to ask for Men's Day or how great men are or recognition of Transgender's rights.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well, I am pretty sure and I do hope that all women have fun and pleasure during sex also. But don't tell me that all men do nothing after the baby is born. There are plenty of men who do a heck of a lot with their newborn. My son being one of them. He was great with all of his new born babies. In many cases there have been women where after they had a baby they pretty much wanted nothing to do with that baby. My friends wife was like that. He pretty much brought the baby up himself. So it works both ways. You should think before you speak when you say that after a baby is born men want nothing to do with that baby. That is total bull chit. 

20 hours ago, Goddess said:

Because in most of those countries, women are denied an education.

It is more like most men and women living in a third world country who cannot afford or are denied an education is because they have too many dam children in the first place. What little money they make goes towards food, clothing and proper housing to be able to obtain an education. Those people living in the third world need to try and get it thru their not so bright heads that they cannot afford to have one child let a lone a dozen. It is their own fault and problem that they live in squalor like they do and are denied an education. And by giving these people and countries more foreign aid only encourages them to have more babies. A vicious circle where the West always in the end is the one getting the shaft in many cases. Enough already. 

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Maybe it is due to the fact they have too many babies to be able to obtain an education. If someone already living in poverty has five or eight kids to take care of how in the hell are they able to get an education. The solution for those women is to stop having way more children than what they can afford or take care of. More common sense and logic is required here, not emotion like what you appear to be showing here. Short, sweet and simple. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It all started by me opening a thread and congratulating women and men on the forum a Happy International Women"s Day and the fact that we must support in any way we can Women's movements around the world especially in places like Middle East where women still are suppressed and don't enjoy equal rights or given equal opportunity. And it was all with good intentions but it was diverted from its goals and intentions on to different subjects unrelated. I was hoping that others also step in and wish ladies a Happy Day in their names and express support for women's struggle in Iran and elsewhere,  instead of demanding an equal International Men's Day or debating how useful or great men are (in this women's thread) or accusing me of ignoring the rights of Transwomen and transmen!!!!. I wish they had opened ANOTHER thread to ask for Men's Day or how great men are or recognition of Transgender's rights.

I get your point. But this recognizing this group or that group has led to where we have now diverted from your main point to another point. In a world like we live in today there are now some groups being celebrated and noted more than another group and that now creates a problem for the other group who feels that there should be a day for them also and not be left out of the loop. 

As examples why is there no day celebrating a British/European history day ever declared? We celebrate and recognize other racial groups and give them history months. There is no straight pride days celebrated but gay prides are celebrated. We recognize all other religions and support them but Christianity appears to be left out. And we now have an international day for women but where is there one for men is all I am asking. I have no problem celebrating women's day if that is what some want but you cannot celebrate one and not the other. This only causes problems and division. If there is going to be equality for one and not the other than I for one will not celebrate that declared one. 

So, I will say here just to even things out:  Happy International Men's Day. :)

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Hypothetically Citizen_2015, If you wished happy fathers day on a political discussion forum, yet there was no mother's day in existence, would you expect comments on how awful it is that mothers do not get a day for themselves, irrelevant of their positive intentions to the fathers on that day?

In response to your intentions, happy international women's day and happy international men's day, I hope we continue to fight for the freedom and rights for all.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe it is due to the fact they have too many babies to be able to obtain an education. If someone already living in poverty has five or eight kids to take care of how in the hell are they able to get an education. The solution for those women is to stop having way more children than what they can afford or take care of. More common sense and logic is required here, not emotion like what you appear to be showing here. Short, sweet and simple. 

No number of babies has nothing to do with it. Most of the time it is the backward culture or male dominated culture that suppresses women.