12 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

You are right, the views of a white racist listening in on a couple of natives means all natives are guilty. Besides, we know that white jurists are the only fair ones, it is part of their DNA.

I wonder what kind of jury would have been fair enough to find the guy guilty.  it's a tough one, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

I don't know if the jury was fair or not, I am not trying to imply it wasn't. It is the selection process I have a problem with.

Canada goes out of its way to classify and define people as "aboriginal", "visible minority", or "racially visible" to make sure that "whiteness" is part of the selection process.

• Thanks 1

On 2018-02-13 at 9:00 PM, ?Impact said:

From what I have heard, yes that sounds right. The allegation is they attempted to steal a truck from the Fouhy farm, apparently a neighbour but I am not sure when and how far away that was; while they didn't succeed in stealing the truck I am assuming they did some damage. They had been drinking, not sure if that included the one(s) driving and what the blood alcohol level of the driver was. On the Stanley farm the allegation is they started up an ATV.

Does that list sound right, or do you have other specific crimes they committed?

You left out the fact they were armed....

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada goes out of its way to classify and define people as "aboriginal", "visible minority", or "racially visible" to make sure that "whiteness" is part of the selection process.

America never classifies people by the colour of their skin or ethnicity.  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

You are right, the views of a white racist listening in on a couple of natives means all natives are guilty. Besides, we know that white jurists are the only fair ones, it is part of their DNA.

What evidence do you have he's a racist other than him being white?

Edited by Argus

17 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I don't know if the jury was fair or not, I am not trying to imply it wasn't. It is the selection process I have a problem with.

You think we should have dragged natives into the courtroom in chains and forced them to be jurors?

21 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I wonder what kind of jury would have been fair enough to find the guy guilty.  it's a tough one, that's for sure.

A jury composed of people like Impact. You wouldn't even need to present evidence.

44 minutes ago, Argus said:

A jury composed of people like Impact. You wouldn't even need to present evidence.

You are one to talk, you want to convict 100 native Canadians in the jury pool without evidence. They should sue the Toronto Sun for $3 billion ($30 million each) for running such a slanderous story with nothing to back it up. At least Patrick Brown had 2 direct accusers, and at least one supporting one of the stories with much other circumstantial evidence; this is extremely shoddy journalism on the part of the Toronto Sun.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

You are one to talk, you want to convict 100 native Canadians in the jury pool without evidence. They should sue the Toronto Sun for $3 billion ($30 million each)

$3 billion for slander ?    Hell, the cheap ass Trudeau government only wants to pay about $25,000 on average to "aboriginal" scoop babies who were taken from their families and culture.   But convicted war criminals get $10.5 million.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Committing crimes while armed is illegal for anyone.   I’m surprised you didn’t know this.  

The only crime they comitted was smashing a truck window at the second place before Stanley's and even then nothing was removed from there. And possibly drunk driving going by to other youth's statement. It also isn't going to help Stanley's case anyways since he has no knowledge of those events when the truck pulled up in his driveway.

Edited by Gingerteeth

1 hour ago, Gingerteeth said:

The only crime they comitted was smashing a truck window at the second place before Stanley's and even then nothing was removed from there. And possibly drunk driving going by to other youth's statement. It also isn't going to help Stanley's case anyways since he has no knowledge of those events when the truck pulled up in his driveway.

They were committing armed robbery.  

Stanley doesn’t need help with his case....    he was found not guilty.  

Apparently, there are gun charges that they will bring against him now.  Clearly, he had an illegal gun that was improperly stored.  He’ll likely be taken to task on that.  

13 hours ago, ?Impact said:

You are one to talk, you want to convict 100 native Canadians in the jury pool without evidence. They should sue the Toronto Sun for $3 billion ($30 million each) for running such a slanderous story with nothing to back it up. At least Patrick Brown had 2 direct accusers, and at least one supporting one of the stories with much other circumstantial evidence; this is extremely shoddy journalism on the part of the Toronto Sun.

That's funny. I only even read the Sun cite because you referenced it to support your statement that half those called for the jury pool were white. You have no problem with that since it supports your case but want to dismiss the others while insulting the witness. Clearly you're only interested in information which supports your views. Which is pretty much standard for progressives.

12 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Committing crimes while armed is illegal for anyone.   I’m surprised you didn’t know this.  

No, committing certain crimes while armed is illegal. What crime did they commit? Creating the perception they were bad because they are armed while native seems to be the issue here, being made by the same people that decry any firearms regulation (for whites).

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

You have no problem with that since it supports your case but want to dismiss the others while insulting the witness.

Not quite sure what you are getting at. I am merely pointing out that the same information those who don't want native jurors are using demonstrates that systemic bias we have.

27 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

They were committing armed robbery.  

Stanley doesn’t need help with his case....    he was found not guilty.  

Apparently, there are gun charges that they will bring against him now.  Clearly, he had an illegal gun that was improperly stored.  He’ll likely be taken to task on that.  

There no evidence for that accusation more telling that none of the youth's were charged with armed robbery and there were no stolen objects in their truck.

He was found not guilty of murder he can still be tried for negligent homicide or manslaughter if the prosecution decides to try again..

2 minutes ago, Gingerteeth said:

There no evidence for that accusation more telling that none of the youth's were charged with armed robbery and there were no stolen objects in their truck.

Because he stopped them before they could steal anything. 

5 minutes ago, Gingerteeth said:

That statement would be true if they stole stuff from the first two properties which they didn't. So there is no evidence for him to claim that or for you to keep spouting that falsehood.

They admitted they robbed the earlier farm, and people who drive onto a stranger's property and start rummaging around in other people's cars and getting on their ATVS and trying to drive them are clearly attempting to steal stuff.

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

They admitted they robbed the earlier farm, and people who drive onto a stranger's property and start rummaging around in other people's cars and getting on their ATVS and trying to drive them are clearly attempting to steal stuff.

They admitted to breaking a truck window and leaving they didn't take anything. And a drunken youth jumping onto an ATV is very flimsy evidence of armed robbery.