Hello Newbies!

betsy

Welcome to this forum!

Your participation is very much appreciated.  So many of us regulars have been on this site for too long - we need fresh blood.  Fresh input.

I understand that it takes some time to get comfy in a new place, especially with folks that's been here for decades.......the way to settle down is to be regularly active.  Post a thing or two everyday, so we can get to know you too.  Before you know it, it'd feel like you'd grown old here with us! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Get rid of the hysterical anti-Muslim zealots, conspiracy people, and Trump lovers and you might get some folks who enjoy provocative and edifying discussion.

anti-Muslim zealots?  Trump lovers?

Ha-ha-ha-ha did I guess it right?  smiley.gif

Here's what I posted in the other topic about leftwingers who'd left the building.  Temporary or permanent? Who knows...

Can we  blame their departure on Trump?  :lol:  You know the reaction of the leftwing to Trump's victory......

I remember heated arguments with the pro- Trumps just before some of those folks left. 

It's like a "walk-out" protest, maybe? 

Or, a hissy fit, you think?  Like, "I'm outa here!" <followed by a loud slamming of the door>

Speaking of conspiracy people....I like them in this forum, too!  They provide variety - who wanna read only left-wing propaganda in a forum?  It's bad enough that we hear the same drivel on mainstream media without the same rhetorics being mouthed off here! 

Too bad they don't have a section for conspiracy theories that's why they're all over the map here.  I enjoy our resident conspiracy zealot  - though you gotta be in certain kinda mood for him - and he tends to get personal when things aren't going his way.  But hey, that's how  he is!  

That's the problem - you want everyone to say the things you wanna hear!      Well MH  - not everyone is your clone.  Look for a left-wing club, if you crave for a group hug.

How amazing for a lefty to not acknowledge the different personalities of individuals!  And here I thought you're inclusive (and understanding). :rolleyes:

Edited by betsy
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Get rid of the hysterical anti-Muslim zealots, conspiracy people, and Trump lovers and you might get some folks who enjoy provocative and edifying discussion.

Better still, extend an invitation to those who were permanently banned but were well liked here, to those who left because of the heavy handed moderation and to those who left because of the forum being over ridden with nutbars. The owner knows how to get in touch with them. You want to improve the site? Extend some Goodwill and good business practices like any other successful business and start a good will campaign otherwise this site is just gonna be left with, well I don't need to spell it out. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Better still, extend an invitation to those who were permanently banned but were well liked here, to those who left because of the heavy handed moderation and to those who left because of the forum being over ridden with nutbars. The owner knows how to get in touch with them. You want to improve the site? Extend some Goodwill and good business practices like any other successful business and start a good will campaign otherwise this site is just gonna be left with, well I don't need to spell it out. 

Is MH still a mod? It's odd for a mod to write what he just did.

12 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

No lefties, though - too much left-wing propaganda already, yanno.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

No lefties, though - too much left-wing propaganda already, yanno.

There can't be too many of anything.....unless one wants to eliminate the other - just like  MH had suggested to get rid of anti-Trumps, anti-Muslim zealots and conspiracy people. 

In my book, the more the merrier!  Forums become stale when there's hardly any opposing views.  That's the death knell for forums - you can smell death approaching, and flies are not too far behind.

It's only posters  who lack the confidence in defending their ideology that want to get rid of oppositions.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

It's only posters  who lack the confidence in defending their ideology that want to get rid of oppositions.

Not really.   I haven't stopped posting here, but it would be due to the stupidity of the zealots that I would.   You have no idea how  many of those zealots are on my ignore list - perhaps I rival Altai - which means I really only need to read the half-dozen or so who at least can string a coherent sentence together, and even if I consider them dead wrong, they make sense if one understands their premise.

20 hours ago, dialamah said:

Not really.   I haven't stopped posting here, but it would be due to the stupidity of the zealots that I would.   You have no idea how  many of those zealots are on my ignore list - perhaps I rival Altai - which means I really only need to read the half-dozen or so who at least can string a coherent sentence together, and even if I consider them dead wrong, they make sense if one understands their premise.

I wasn't talking about posters who'd left, or who'd stopped posting.

I said....".......those who want to get rid of the opposition!"

I don't have an ignore list.  I used to - maybe three posters maximum.

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

I said....".......those who want to get rid of the opposition!"

I'm all for getting rid of neo Nazis, white supremacists etc.  And stop with the fonts. It's annoying and it's Sunday morning.  

Edited by WestCoastRunner

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's really boring to read the same posts over and over again.  A small minority of people are actually interested in discussing things with an open mind.

There's only so much one can discuss without getting provincial.  Why would I be able to discuss Ontario's school system? 

Islam, Trump, etc, are worldwide issues that we can all discuss/deflect.  And the conspiracy theories are enormous fun to follow.

8 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I'm all for getting rid of neo Nazis, white supremacists etc.  And stop with the fonts. It's annoying and it's Sunday morning.  

Are you talking real, bona fide neo Nazis/supremacists.....or those whom you simply suspect?  Unless someone spouts off real nazi stuff like Heil Hitler, or death to the Jews, etc.., how can you really tell?

Besides....

You can't parley with them if you get rid of them.   Sometimes, a good discussion can sway the other to see it from your angle.....

It would be interesting to see how a real neo-nazi would debate here.....I bet, fireworks everywhere!

And stop with the fonts. It's annoying and it's Sunday morning.

Me and my font....and my smileys.....well, what can I say?  That's me.

Sunglasses might help.

Edited by betsy