Hello Newbies!

betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Is MH still a mod? It's odd for a mod to write what he just did.

Don't think he is, nor Kimmy.  I suppose the left only likes an echo chamber, it wasn't too long ago that MLW was such a forum, it swings back and forth.  The resident conspiracy theorist hasn't been around lately but when he returns maybe when he clutters up a thread with insults and conspiracy rants they can be moved to the conspiracy area.

As for pro Trumpers, so what, they are entitled to not opinion too.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Don't think he is, nor Kimmy.  I suppose the left only likes an echo chamber, it wasn't too long ago that MLW was such a forum, it swings back and forth.  The resident conspiracy theorist hasn't been around lately but when he returns maybe when he clutters up a thread with insults and conspiracy rants they can be moved to the conspiracy area.

As for pro Trumpers, so what, they are entitled to not opinion too.  

Did they create a Conspiracy area?  I hope so.....

MLF should officially make an announcement if whom we know as moderators,  are no longer moderators.  Whatever they post could greatly affect the public's perception of this board - so better set the record straight. 

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's really boring to read the same posts over and over again.  A small minority of people are actually interested in discussing things with an open mind.

Actually you are a good person but you are just coming to my World a few steps back behind me. 

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's really boring to read the same posts over and over again.  A small minority of people are actually interested in discussing things with an open mind.

Yeah you got that right.  That's why maybe it doesn't hurt much for this site even if several lefties had gone?  After all, does anyone really notice?  You read one, you read em all!

I ended up with a bad habit - I tend to skim over most known alt-lefties' posts since usually they're the same rant.  A couple of those that are no longer active here - I just scroll by them fast.   Just imagine a forum with all lefties and hardly any opposition!  Your eyes will surely glaze over in no time at all. 

So if you think this site is boring - boy, wait til you get to a site that's all the same folks talking gibberish together!  Especially if they're all a bunch of whiners to boot! giggle.gif

I wonder how a bunch of lefties bicker among themselves?

Me - I don't find this site boring lately.  Like I said, it improved.  We've got a good representation of lefties still with us - Dialamah had a status update recently,  that made a note of them.

Bottomline:  A forum needs variety, MH.  We should welcome everyone of all stripes.

Edited by betsy

16 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yeah you got that right.  That's why maybe it doesn't hurt much for this site even if several lefties had gone?  After all, does anyone really notice?  You read one, you read em all!

It has nothing to do with left/right, but how much they move the conversation forward.  There are definitely left-of-centre posters who are guilty of not listening.

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

A forum needs variety, MH.  We should welcome everyone of all stripes.

Yeah, you don't get it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It has nothing to do with left/right, but how much they move the conversation forward.  There are definitely left-of-centre posters who are guilty of not listening.

Yeah, you don't get it.

I do get it, MH.  I got it the moment you brought it up.  You may not realize what you're saying....:lol:.....but, oh, I do.

You want to have a "forum" that's open only to those whose ideology you approve of.  You want to get rid of those you don't agree with.

It's a way of controlling free speech.  Typical of the alt-left.

Any forum you'd approve of and frequent (which I assume would be an exclusive leftist forum), would be dead in no time at all.  :lol:

Edited by betsy

I suggest newbies try to create a topic.   Choosing a well-known  or controversial topic is a good way to get attention.

A new topic catches the eye easily, and it's bound to get someone to respond.  If someone comes in with a heated response - don't take it personally.

Not that I'm saying don't bother responding in an existing thread - but please be aware that some posters don't enter all the topics, nor do they read all the responses in them.  Some just respond to notices.  Of course I'm speaking for myself.

Edited by betsy