Is Donald Trump the Worst President since Andrew Johnson or James Buchanan?

Trump is right to challenge the "post WW2 order" that others want the U.S. to continue paying for.   If this makes him the worst president, then that's a small price to pay.

Freeland praised the U.S. for being the "indispensable nation" for the last 70 years, paying the "lion's share" in blood, treasure, strategic vision and leadership in promoting peace and prosperity. But she said many of the voters in the presidential election cast ballots "animated in part by a desire to shrug off the burden of world leadership."

Why can't the U.S. become a deadbeat like Canada or Germany ?

Why is this largely an American burden that Trump dare not shrug off ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, Omni said:

You're free to support Islam all you like. We prefer the Queen.

Terrorists and illegals from Canada will not be supported.

Pay them all $10.5 million each to stay home.

Trump will say "radical islamic terrorism".....Trudeau won't.

Trump matters more than Trudeau.

I'll add some other accomplishments from Trump:

• Reversing on-campus sexual assault guidelines -  the reversal of a directive that forced universities to quickly investigate on-campus sexual assault. 

• Rolling back birth control access - reproductive choices are vital for women's autonomy. Trump mentions "unreasonable limits and restrictions block [girls'] paths to achievement and self-fulfillment." Limiting access to birth control is just that kind of hurdle. 

• Disbanding the White House Council on Women and Girls - Seems kind of hard to shape policy that will help women and girls when you quietly suspend the White House advisory group doing just that. Trump's also put the Department of Labor's Women's Bureau on the chopping block as part of his proposed 2018 budget. 

• Separately, after he took office, the White House website was scrubbed of several pages. While this was a big deal in the climate community since it wiped away mentions of human-caused global warming, women-related pages were also deleted. A fact sheet on the Violence Against Women Act was removed along with a civil rights page. 

• Blocking Planned Parenthood funding

• Global Gag Rule - makes non-governmental organizations receiving U.S. funds for global health issues prove they don't use their other funding to provide abortions or talk about the option with patients.

• Halting efforts to track the gender pay gap - Trump stopped an Obama-crafted rule from going into effect that would make companies track payment data based on race and gender. The data was meant to help close the gender pay gap. Women earn about 80 cents to their male peer's dollar. How's that for empowerment.

• Pulling back federal protections for trans students - 

Trump pulled back federal protections that let transgender students use the bathroom of their choice. 

Going further, Trump's Department of Justice, led by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, declared this month that the Civil Rights Act, which prevents employer discrimination, doesn't protect transgender employees. 

• Preventing sexual assault victims from getting their day in court - federal contractors no longer need to make their paychecks transparent (remember the wage gap) and women who complain of sexual harassment or discrimination can be forced into arbitration. That means they can't take their complaints to a public forum, like the courts.

• Violence against women - Trump has proposed cuts in Justice Department something that could affect ‘Violence Against Women Act’ (a body that serves survivors of intimate partner and domestic violence and supports the efforts to reduce sexual assault). In January, ‘The Hill’ reported that Trump is planning to eliminate the Office on ‘Violence Against Women ‘altogether.

20 hours ago, Omni said:

1. You are right there, Trump has made no deals. No repeal and replace,  travel ban unconstitutional for the third time, no wall, still under investigation for various impeachable offences, but still pissing away your tax dollars flying around in AF1 to play golf on the weekends. You must be proud! 

It's time for the Mule to start looking into the Obama/Hillary uranium scandal for a change seeing that the Mule cannot get anything on Trump. Trump and the Russian hacking nonsense is so passe now. Why don't you talk about and bring up the Obama/Hillary uranium deal?  Apparently it was more serious than the Trump/Russian one. 

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

It's time for the Mule to start looking into the Obama/Hillary uranium scandal for a change seeing that the Mule cannot get anything on Trump. Trump and the Russian hacking nonsense is so passe now. Why don't you talk about and bring up the Obama/Hillary uranium deal?  Apparently it was more serious than the Trump/Russian one. 

Another futile attempt at deflection. As Trump keeps getting caught in lies it must give Mueller more areas to investigate. Interviewing US attorney appointees, especially in the state of NY would head any attorney such as Mueller to look into conflict of interest. The hits just keep on coming.

16 minutes ago, Omni said:

Another futile attempt at deflection. As Trump keeps getting caught in lies it must give Mueller more areas to investigate. Interviewing US attorney appointees, especially in the state of NY would head any attorney such as Mueller to look into conflict of interest. The hits just keep on coming.

No deflection here at all. It is you who is trying to duck a question being asked of you. But I know who you are and why you won't answer my question because you are one of them. And don't play with me as to what am I talking about. You know what I am talking about. 

The Obama/Hillary Russian uranium scandal is bigger than anything Trump could have ever have come close too. There has not been one bit of evidence yet on Trump and Russia, so stop trying to spread the manure. The hits just keep on coming for Hillary but the Mule will not concern or involve himself about it because he is just one of them and it will no doubt prove and show that he was just as much involved as Obama and Hillary were. One can never trust or believe the deep state zionist scum or it's fake media anymore that keep going after Trump. They must have a lot to lose as long as Trump stays president. And that could be for another 7 years. Hopefully by then Trump will be able to clean the swamp of that scum. 

Off topic but Did you know that there have been over 12,000 criminal illegals who have entered Canada in the past year. What do you have to say about that in a few words? This is real news, not fake news. 

You are an exercise in futility. 

Edited by taxme

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

No deflection here at all. It is you who is trying to duck a question being asked of you. But I know who you are and why you won't answer my question because you are one of them. And don't play with me as to what am I talking about. You know what I am talking about. 

The Obama/Hillary Russian uranium scandal is bigger than anything Trump could have ever have come close too. There has not been one bit of evidence yet on Trump and Russia, so stop trying to spread the manure. The hits just keep on coming for Hillary but the Mule will not concern or involve himself about it because he is just one of them and it will no doubt prove and show that he was just as much involved as Obama and Hillary were. One can never trust or believe the deep state zionist scum or it's fake media anymore that keep going after Trump. They must have a lot to lose as long as Trump stays president. And that could be for another 7 years. Hopefully by then Trump will be able to clean the swamp of that scum. 

Off topic but Did you know that there have been over 12,000 criminal illegals who have entered Canada in the past year. What do you have to say about that in a few words? This is real news, not fake news. 

You are an exercise in futility. 

You do know that Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by G.W, Bush no? He is not one of them as you tried to put it. He is a very well respected lawyer (by both sides of the aisle).  The best way for Trump to drain the swamp would be to resign. And speaking of Bush, he sure tore a strip off Trump in his speech today. tells you the tumult the GOP is currently feeling under "orange man's" direction. 

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

You do know that Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by G.W, Bush no? He is not one of them as you tried to put it. He is a very well respected lawyer (by both sides of the aisle).  The best way for Trump to drain the swamp would be to resign. And speaking of Bush, he sure tore a strip off Trump in his speech today. tells you the tumult the GOP is currently feeling under "orange man's" direction. 

The Mule is not a true conservative. He is a RINO, and that makes all the difference. When one is surrounded by a bunch of anti-American traitor RINO'S it is going to be very difficult to try and get your program and agenda accomplished. The best way for Trump to drain the swamp is to get rid of the swamp blockers as quickly as possible. It may take awhile but Trump will get it done. Who cares what RINO Bush has to say. Bush was always a part of the problem, and never the solution. Keep dreaming on, snowflake. No impeachment today. 

Forget about my asking you about the Obama/Hillary uranium scandal. I just said it to see if you had a comment on it. But obviously you have refused to say anything about a real big scandal that needs to be discussed. I knew that you would avoid the question just like most other questions asked of you. The "orange man's" direction is still going strong, and knowing Trump he never loses. Chuckle-chuckle. 

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

The Mule is not a true conservative. He is a RINO, and that makes all the difference. When one is surrounded by a bunch of anti-American traitor RINO'S it is going to be very difficult to try and get your program and agenda accomplished. The best way for Trump to drain the swamp is to get rid of the swamp blockers as quickly as possible. It may take awhile but Trump will get it done. Who cares what RINO Bush has to say. Bush was always a part of the problem, and never the solution. Keep dreaming on, snowflake. No impeachment today. 

Forget about my asking you about the Obama/Hillary uranium scandal. I just said it to see if you had a comment on it. But obviously you have refused to say anything about a real big scandal that needs to be discussed. I knew that you would avoid the question just like most other questions asked of you. The "orange man's" direction is still going strong, and knowing Trump he never loses. Chuckle-chuckle. 

Yet another flimsy attempt to deflect. You are obviously listening too much to Hannity and Breitbart fake news with regard to uranium. But help yourself to starting a thread about it.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, taxme said:

Trump is the we the people's man.

Trump doesn't give a crap about ordinary people. He never has. He never will. He has no empathy. His entire life has shown as much. Everything he complains about now he did right up until and through the election. He's just playing the 'poorly educated' for suckers.

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

He has no empathy.

This is pretty clear, in his interactions with people.  He isn't used to relating to people as equals, it seems to me.  Listening, explaining onesself, communicating... just natural things that every politician learns to do early on or has a natural ability for... are things he has no capacity for at all.

Trump gives himself a 10 out of 10 on handling PR after the hurricane damage. What a joke. Ask the 80% of the people who are still without power or water or decent food what score they would give him. Trump went no further than a rich part of the city, threw around some paper towels, and climbed back in AF 1. What a useless prick.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎18 at 5:48 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Actually, those who chose Trump are exactly the reason the world is as it is.  By definition.  They voted.  For the president.  The president sets the direction and the tone.  And that is the reason the world is how it is.

As a side discussion, if Clinton had been elected you can bet:

- there would be major legislation passed by now

- the Democrats, unlike the Republicans, wouldn't be broken into 3 pieces (the Bannon piece, the Trump piece, and the McConnell piece)

- trade deals like NAFTA would not be at risk

- US world leadership and standing would not be under question

She was unlikeable, as a career politician, but unsurprisingly Trump's maladroitness is exactly what is sinking him. 

Wow you think NAFTA is good ? I guess that you all so think the tooth fairy is real. I see all the posts from people that have opinions but they are not based on facts they are spewing the rederic they hear. I think it takes more then a vote it takes the time to follow up and make sure things are being done. Politicians are not the power in any country .

Look to the money always the money .

I could sell you a thousand more jackets then you sell me but if I am selling at 1dollar and you are selling them at 100 dollars plus you are giving your employees more money to spend. Disposable income goes up and well I hope you get the picture. Looking at the numbers you put up is not the whole picture but some believe in what they see and nothing else.

On 10/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, taxme said:

You watch too much CNN, MSNBC and CBC. Everything you seem to feel that you know about Trump that is suppose to be all bad is because of what the lying fake and phony left wing liberal media has been dumping in your head. You sure know how to absorb their daily bull chit alright. So sad for you. 

Maybe you can have a go at this:

Can you find one thing that Trump has done or even accomplished? How many promises did he make? What has he achieved? 

27 minutes ago, peoples advocate said:

I could sell you a thousand more jackets then you sell me but if I am selling at 1dollar and you are selling them at 100 dollars plus you are giving your employees more money to spend.

That's very very simple and doesn't acknowledge what I presented.  Some believe what they see... well, yes, that's called evidence.  If you can explain why economic orthodoxy regarding liberalized trade is wrong, or why tariffs help the economy I'd be interested.

Former US presidents historically refrain from criticizing others who have held that office, and especially a sitting POTUS but boy did both Bush and Obama blow that concept out of the water today. Names were not specifically mentioned but no doubt who each was focusing on. I imagine the tweets will be absolutely screeching out in the near future. 

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's very very simple and doesn't acknowledge what I presented.  Some believe what they see... well, yes, that's called evidence.  If you can explain why economic orthodoxy regarding liberalized trade is wrong, or why tariffs help the economy I'd be interested.

No it is not always evidence it is sometimes slight of hand and I think you know the difference , Free trade is only good for big business .