Refugee crisis escalating

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

"Trudeau is giving mixed messages," says one of the news channels.  His "welcome mat" is confusing would-be applicants,  and causing the mass exodus of refugees to Canada.

Haitians fleeing the USA, are under the false impression that everyone is welcome.  They don't know that Canada had already started deporting Haitians who were temporary refugees (Earthquake) about 2 years ago.

We'll have to house everyone that comes here.........while they go about the long process of applying as refugees.  Imagine the monumental cost that comes with that!  From board and lodgings, to health care etc..,

So I see all your bible thumping love of god is all a pile of bullshit. Or perhaps you are simply proving the racism, xenophobia inherent in christianity.

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is not only the cost to consider but cultural incompatibility caused by the inflow of aggressive war torn people some with unCanadian culture which stands for oppression of women (or the belief that women are inferior) who pose a danger to Canadians and its culture. Canada has no fault in creating refugees and Canada does not belong to Trudeau to make such promises.

I wonder how the landscape will be 20 years from now.  What kinds of problems would we be facing by then?

I cringe at the very thought.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

So I see all your bible thumping love of god is all a pile of bullshit. Or perhaps you are simply proving the racism, xenophobia inherent in christianity.

And I see you're flaunting your ignorance........as usual. 

Btw, are you a Montrealer?

Edited by betsy

At this rate, Canada is estimating it will receive 36,000 asylum seekers this year,

Those who cross at the border typically have a hearing within a month or two before Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board, but the decision on whether or not applicants can stay can take months or even years depending on the complexity of the file, federal Liberal MP Marc Miller said.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/influx-of-haitian-refugees-taxes-quebec-shelters-immigration-minister-says

Just do the math.

Edited by betsy

23 hours ago, hot enough said:

That doesn't absolve you of your stunning ignorance.

When you are civilized enough to enter a debate then I will debate you.

If Canada is so bad then get the hell out. What are you doing here? Enjoying all the benefits that come with it and then attacking the very foundation that brought you all those benefits?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Omni said:

Don't hold your breath. Schoolyard insults seem to be the sum total of HE's debate platform. Especially when he's proven wrong.

Don't forget the not answering legitimate questions part. Just ignore the questions he cant answer and toss an unfounded insult instead, just part of his modus operandi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Don't forget the not answering legitimate questions part. Just ignore the questions he cant answer and toss an unfounded insult instead, just part of his modus operandi.

I still await his idea as to how so many tons of explosives got planted.,but that's a different thread.

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well, you were warned a decade and a half ago that standing around with our thumbs up our butts while our allies diddled smaller weaker countries would come back to haunt us.

Why weren't you paying attention? Having too much fun laughing and rolling your eyes at all the silly lefties who were warning you would be my guess.

:rolleyes:

"The core strength of Canada is that it's not governments that are open to immigration, it's Canadians themselves who are open to immigration," he said.

"One of the reasons Canadians are open to immigration is because we know it has contributed to the growth of this country. Protecting Canadians' confidence in the integrity of our system allows us to continue to be open, and that's exactly what I plan to continue to do."

We can't say Trudeau didn't warn us he would continue as he is doing now, i.e. encouraging people from all countries to come into Canada. There are some 86,000 Hondurans covered under the Temporary Protected status program, which expires in January, and 260,000 El Salvadorans, TPS expiring in March. What looming crisis is that you ask Mr. Prime Minister?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, betsy said:

And I see you're flaunting your ignorance........as usual.

It's always revealing when these Islamophile zealots who sweep aside any and all complaints about Muslim extremism reveal their loathing for Christianity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, betsy said:

According to Border Services the legal costs of dealing with even a failed asylum claim work out to $50,000 each. So that's $1.8 billion for the cost of handling them. That doesn't count the costs of welfare and health care, of course.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Omni said:

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 

Oh but doesn't apply to them thar Haitians. 

HYPOCRICY!

Yep.  Just proves what I said before:   still flaunting your ignorance, as usual.  sarcastic-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

I know you're grasping at straws, and you think raising the Christian card will work for you.  Nope.  If you want to discuss the so-called hypocrisy related to the Bible, create your own thread in the PROPER SECTION.

Even you -  can't be that ignorant - and shameless - not to realize that not only are you derailing the topic, but you're also being blatantly rude to the author of the thread!    

get back to the issue.

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, Argus said:

According to Border Services the legal costs of dealing with even a failed asylum claim work out to $50,000 each. So that's $1.8 billion for the cost of handling them. That doesn't count the costs of welfare and health care, of course.

And that doesn't say how many more are coming.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

And that doesn't say how many more are coming.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.

And as has been said many times, you haven't seen anything yet. Wait until climate change starts forcing refugees our way if it hasn't already.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Argus said:

And it's all the fault of those who keep supporting the war crimes, the terrorism, the baby killing; do you know the number of Iraqi children murdered by the US/UK in the 1990s was much higher than reported. The UN just stopped counting. This was a planned genocide. The US knew and had discussed the number of deaths that would occur after they bombed the water treatment facilities but the US, as always, never gives a rat's ass about how many die. This is the kind of deep evil that people like you, Betsy, capricorn, goddess, dop, blackbird, Rue, Omni, bcsapper, ... support, Argus. 

This was a genocide, this was a holocaust!

5 minutes ago, hot enough said:

This is the kind of deep evil that people like you, Betsy, capricorn, goddess, dop, blackbird, Rue, Omni, bcsapper, ... support,

Hey asshole, be careful what you ascribe to people. I worked in Iraq but I wasn't making war, I was trying to keep the peace. I guess you're just angry because I keep drilling holes in your 9-11 BS.

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

Hey asshole, be careful what you ascribe to people. I worked in Iraq but I wasn't making war, I was trying to keep the peace.

You provide avid support for the war criminals, the terrorists, the baby killers who did this to the Iraqi people. Iraq was an illegal invasion, the ultimate war crime based on the 911 lies that you support without any evidence, so if you were there, in Iraq, you were taking part in a war crime. 

On 8/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, GostHacked said:

Well, when the quake hit Haiti, we should have helped, but instead there was a lot of focus on a corrupt government instead of helping the people of Haiti.

I thought the Clinton Foundation was handling the Haiti crisis?  You know collecting all the donations and distributing it to reputable sources etc etc.

• Like 1

All the evil of the US raping and pillaging Latin American countries for the last two centuries is really blossoming. Such is the legacy of these two centuries of horrific US crimes against so many hundreds of millions.

“Haitian Devil, Go to Your Country”

The heartbreaking plight of Haitian refugees, caught between a country that doesn’t want them and one that can’t support them. 

FOND PARISIEN, Haiti—André Joseph recalls that his crops were almost ready to harvest the night a group of men armed with guns attacked his home in Neiba, in the southwestern Dominican Republic, driving him and his family out into the fields. Life in Neiba wasn’t always easy for Joseph—he remembers waking up at 5 a.m. for 14-hour days in the fields—but 40 years after arriving in the Dominican Republic, he had built a life and a comfortable home for his wife and 15-year-old son. All that disappeared that night, about one month ago. After camping out at a neighboring farm, he appealed to the police to help him regain his home. Instead, they put him on a bus to Haiti, the country where he was born but hadn’t seen since he was 12 years old. “I lost 40 years of work just because I’m not Dominican,” he says.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/07/haiti_s_refugee_crisis_the_heartbreaking_plight_of_haitians_kicked_out_of.html