The U.S. Launched 59 Cruise Missiles against an airfield in Syria .

5 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Agreed. Especially when our missiles have killed some of their relatives. And some of them will remember it even when they move to our country.  

Their relatives probably shouldn't have been gassing kids, but you do have a point. Best use caution when letting folk in. 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Likewise, the Chinese would invade Taiwan and Japan if it weren't for the likelihood of intervention by the US and Russia

Taiwan, sure. Japan? Really? Maybe the Senkakus, but why would China invade mainland Japan?

1 hour ago, capricorn said:

I heard one comment that dictators/tyrants use such terror attacks to bring their citizens to heel. It is one tool at their disposal to discourage said citizens from opposing their command over them. Purges have similar outcomes.

Yeah, sure. Doing peace time. Not really during a full blown civil war with the world superpower threatening to invade if chemical weapons are used.

7 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Yeah, sure. Doing peace time. Not really during a full blown civil war with the world superpower threatening to invade if chemical weapons are used.

Ya  really. Assad thought he could get away with it because of Russian backing and Trump's repeated statements that the US should stay out of it. Surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

We assume there was no evidence to be had. Satellite surveillance isn't something we are generally privy to. I'm sure the sight of children gasping and dying from sarin in front of the cameras had some effect. Trump is human.

Do you think the entire population of Syria should be allowed into North America and then have their upkeep taken care of by taxpayers forever and ever?

Me neither...

Let's keep the "war-weary" over in the Middle East...much closer to their homes.

Trump has just done a massive U-turn without any proper explanation e.g. previous tweets on Syria. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

8 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Trump has just done a massive U-turn without any proper explanation e.g. previous tweets on Syria. 

Yeah, it's unusual for a politician...

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

And this is the only reason Syria was attacked:  (Just replace Obama with Trump and Libya/Iran with Syria)... What an asshole...

Boy it's hot in here.

It's possible that domestic political beliefs played into his 'change of heart'. I don't really know. But it is typical of him to react in a knee-jerk fashion, and now he has an army to react for him. Even so, and despite his previous loud-mouthed hypocrisy on the issue, I'm glad he hit the air base.

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I wonder what changed his mind?

Would it matter if a 5kt nuclear weapon was detonated? Matter enough to change one's mind?

Sarin is nasty...almost VX nasty w/o the lingering area-denial qualities. Should we go 'meh' to small uses of WMDs?

So many questions...

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not really...Trump is now the POTUS, not just a candidate.

Trudeau also did a "massive U-turn" on promises and positions for political expediency.

The odd thing I'm seeing in in some photos re: sarin use...

Bare hands...simple face mask/filter...not CBW gear at ALL.

They'd all be twitching and frothing at the mouth...just saying.

I see others in the global peanut galley have also noticed this...

1-24.jpg

37 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I wonder what changed his mind?

Would it matter if a 5kt nuclear weapon was detonated? Matter enough to change one's mind?

Sarin is nasty...almost VX nasty w/o the lingering area-denial qualities. Should we go 'meh' to small uses of WMDs?

So many questions...

This is hardly the first time that chemical weapons have been used in Syria. Trump's previous opinions on intervention are a matter of public record. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

This is hardly the first time that chemical weapons have been used in Syria. Trump's previous opinions on intervention are a matter of public record. 

First time sarin was claimed to be used with DT as President. As myself and others note: said CBW gear portrayed for the media wouldn't stop sarin for a millisecond.

Tweet him your disappointment.

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

It's may cause a problem for him with his alt-right support. 

Sure...just as Trudeau's flip-flopping is causing him problems (lower polling, alt-left).

A U.S. president is briefed daily by his national security team and resources, including geo-political concerns. 

Trump struggles with the "huge mess" Obama left him, just like all new presidents.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

First time sarin was claimed to be used with DT as President. As myself and others note: said CBW gear portrayed for the media wouldn't stop sarin for a millisecond.

I get the feeling there are those who will support whatever Trump does. Get ready for some acrobatics, folks. 

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I am not the disappointed one today. And I didn't recently mention sarin specifically either BTW. Assad had it coming. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure...just as Trudeau's flip-flopping is causing him problems (lower polling, alt-left).

A U.S. president is briefed daily by his national security team and resources, including geo-political concerns. 

Trump struggles with the "huge mess" Obama left him, just like all new presidents.

The InfoWar crowd will probably delight when they sober-up and realize what this attack DID do. Mostly involving spines + red lines. Trump can have a rally with The Nuge to explain it slowly to the Trump Army if really needed.

4 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I get the feeling there are those who will support whatever Trump does. Get ready for some acrobatics, folks. 

Anyone BUT Hillary...it worked.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...so now Donald Trump's previous tweets are going to be taken seriously ?

The irony...I know.

Donald knows what works...CNN sucks! I doubt we're seeing the entire picture from our cheap seats.

4 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I am not the disappointed one today. And I didn't recently mention sarin specifically either BTW. Assad had it coming. 

My point: sarin kills/incapacitates very very efficiently...in tiny amounts...almost immediately...no, your paper mask won't help.

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

The irony...I know.

Donald knows what works...CNN sucks! I doubt we're seeing the entire picture from our cheap seats.

Trump was visited last week by Jordan's King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein and Egypt's President  Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, who no doubt encouraged the U.S. to get back in the game that Obama played poorly.   

4 hours ago, Charlie said:

Conflicting messages???

727x0.jpg

Conflicting messages....yes because the US is the only one with conflicting messages in today's world...there is no conflicting messages at least from where i am sitting .....The US has every right to set the conditions as to who, is allowed to visit, stay, or apply for immigration, it is not up to the UN or the rest of the world, it is up to the elected government of the US, ..and it can change this at any time for any reason....Where is the Middle East on this issue....Where are the Muslim countries on this issue.....where is the rest of the world on this issue......they have all hoisted the big FU flag.....no muslims allowed......That's not racist is it, do they get the same treatment in our media, shit that would be a clear violation of the islamophobia act.....wouldn't it ......

I'm just guessing here but i'm sure there are not to many Americans losing any sleep over WTF you think of what ever message they are sending out, they want you to hear it....but they don't care what you think.....

Must be taking the same classes as the other guy, not so hot.....

Edited by Army Guy
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump was visited last week by Jordan's King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein and Egypt's President  Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, who no doubt encouraged the U.S. to get back in the game that Obama played poorly.   

The Great Game! A time honoured (note the 'U') trait of the British Empire as well as others!

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

My point: sarin kills/incapacitates very very efficiently...in tiny amounts...almost immediately...no, your paper mask won't help.

The potency of various ACh esterase inhibitors is something you'll have to take up with somebody else. The general appearance of the injured seems more consistent with a gas of some sort than blast injury IMO.