Road Rage

betsy

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

No, it does not.

It says that violent crime is 31% lower than it was in 2005, and that it is the first increase since 2003.

Here is what the first couple of lines say.......they report a 22 % increase for 2015 on violent crimes.......

Police-reported crime in Canada went up last year for the first time in over a decade, Statistics Canada revealed on Wednesday, with particularly startling upswings in violent crime across the country.

The number of attempted murders alone was up 22 per cent year-over-year, the agency said.

And below here we see over all crime states also see increases this time by 5 %.....for 2014/15

Canada’s Crime Severity Index (CSI) and the overall crime rate both grew between 2014 and 2015, with the CSI (an index that measures both the volume and severity of police-reported crime) up 5 per cent.

SO when Bonam quotes crime stats have been on the decline since 1990, that statement is not true, they have been increasing since 2014.....

Just now, Army Guy said:

Here is what the first couple of lines say.......they report a 22 % increase for 2015 on violent crimes.......

That is a year of year (2015 vs 2014) increase, not versus 2003 as you originally claimed. Read the statscan article, it is very clear. Violent crime has decreased 31% since 2005.

(can we stop it now with the escalation in fonts?)

5 hours ago, Argus said:

It does not say any such thing. It specifically and carefully says "Police reported crime" has declined. Meanwhile, Stats Canada's victim studies have been showing a steady decline in the percentage of crimes that gets reported to police, including assaults, rapes and robberies.

The reported crime rate has dropped by about 50% since the 1990 peak. How much have reporting rates gone down, do you have a link? To invalidate the statement that crime has been on a continuous decline, reporting rates would need to have dropped in half over the same time period. 

23 hours ago, ?Impact said:

That is a year of year (2015 vs 2014) increase, not versus 2003 as you originally claimed. Read the statscan article, it is very clear. Violent crime has decreased 31% since 2005.

(can we stop it now with the escalation in fonts?)

Your right i did add in since 2003 , my bad your right, am wrong, ......that being said my point that in 2014. 2015, and 2016 all crime has increased , and in the case of violent crime it increased 22 % from the year before.....so the comment about crime rates falling since 1990 are false.....crime rates are once again on the rise....since 2014. they have..... increased.....in numbers from the previous year, starting in 2014.....

24 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

The article you cited clearly said there was an increase in 2015 over 2014. That means that crime increased in 2015. I don't see comparable numbers for 2016 yet.

Your right Impact, for some reason there is a 2016 report , however the info they use is stats from 2014....i could not find a single source on 2016 stats....

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/12-581-x/2016000/gov-eng.htm

the source i used covers the actual year for info is from july 2014 until july 2015, which would incompass 5 months of 2014, and  7 months 2015....

On 3/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, Bonam said:

I would suspect that road rage could be rising because roads are getting ever more crowded. Populations are increasing but road capacity has largely stayed the same for decades since so many cities are run by councils that believe in "road diets" and using congestion to reduce SOV trips so they can pad their transit use numbers. 

Maybe what is needed is to stop bringing in so many new immigrants who probably never drove a car back in the country that they came from. Many of those new drivers have peeved me off more than once. Massive Immigration is causing lots of problems for Canada, not just on the roads. My personal opinion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ironstone said:

It is a very good idea to have a dash cam these days.Don't go cheap either,get one that's HD.Sometimes I wish I had one pointing out the rear window as well,what with all these boneheads tailgating.

Good job this guy had one.  (warning - content might disturb)

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/dashcam-video-shows-oklahoma-police-running-over-killing-21-year-old-woman-firing-on-officers

Just saw some guy kicked a pregnant woman in the belly and punched her in the face in Ontario.  What kind of arseholes do we allow to drive?

Anyway, they got him.  I hope a lifetime driving ban is applied when he gets out of jail.

20 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What are you hiding?

20 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What are you hiding?

I believe that new cars today have computers in them to pretty much follow how one drives. If a driver is involved in a serious accident, the police can download from this computer and check to see as to how fast one was going which could mean that even though one has gone over the speed limit by 5 miles an hour they can be charged with speeding or charged with excessive speed or driving with undue care and attention. This could be a problem if an accident goes to court. Your own insurance company may try to deny you any coverage or protection involved in an accident because you were speeding. If an insurance company has to fork out millions of dollars for an accident that one was involved in they may want to try not to pay, and the driver could be stuck with a big bill. Good excuse to not speed, and then get involved in an accident.