Why all the worldwide turmoil? (9/11 thread)

17 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Your sources, Rue, you do the work and present your ideas. 

I have. No I do not create things I have no academic expertise in. You've done no work, you repeat what you have been told by others as well. Please don't pose as having created your conspiracy theories. They are far from original. I also have presented my own ideas in a separate post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I've never worked with it, but I do regularly work with Wolfram...

That is a tungsten.

Wolframite is the typical tungstate that we get the pure stuff from.

Most folks are familiar with tungsten from things like nail punches rather than armor piercing shot. Too brittle for a skyscraper, of course.

Rhenium, however, has some flex to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Most folks are familiar with tungsten from things like nail punches rather than armor piercing shot. Too brittle for a skyscraper, of course.

Indeed, as structural ferrous metals are routinely preheated before welding to slow joint cooling, prevent brittle fracture, and reduce shrinkage stress.

Submarine hull cuts (HY-80 and HY-100 steel) are welded closed using bodacious electric strip heaters around the welded joint.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

That is a tungsten.

Wolframite is the typical tungstate that we get the pure stuff from.

Rhenium, however, has some flex to it.

Yes, that is one of the problems with element 'W', it's difficult to machine. Edison did find a way to make it "ductile", by cold-rolling, I think.
I still prefer the good old tungsten filament light bulbs...

18 minutes ago, Rue said:

I have. No I do not create things I have no academic expertise in. You've done no work, you repeat what you have been told by others as well. Please don't pose as having created your conspiracy theories. They are far from original. I also have presented my own ideas in a separate post.

I particularly liked the psychological profile you presented for those who have compulsive conspiracy theory disorder.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed, as structural ferrous metals are routinely preheated before welding to slow joint cooling, prevent brittle fracture, and reduce shrinkage stress.

Submarine hull cuts (HY-80 and HY-100 steel) are welded closed using bodacious electric strip heaters around the welded joint.

That's very exotic steel, of course. Full of all sorts of atomic goodies like vanadium to avoid being brittle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

No, you haven't. Or you are just too frightened to provide a link. 

You say I have done no work, that you don't "create things I have no academic expertise in" and you post a long, completely off topic article from some psychology magazine. 

Then you say again, with no proof offered at all, "I also have presented my own ideas in a separate post".

No science from anyone, nothing to address the original argument. Example after example of rudeness, off topic, ... so many site

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

A belated rehash of the matter is not an original argument.  

Please see the forum archives for far more substance as provided by present and former MLW members.

Agreed. It's time for the conspiracy types to ramp-up their game. The Twin Towers and WTC 7 (sinister music plays) are actually on the Moon and now occupy the very same spots claimed to be Lunar landing sites.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Agreed. It's time for the conspiracy types to ramp-up their game. The Twin Towers and WTC 7 (sinister music plays) are actually on the Moon and now occupy the very same spots claimed to be Lunar landing sites.

One of them is behind the grassy knoll.  But we don't know which one...

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

From which they cast their satanic might upon us, through magic ilmenite crystals