The usage of "anti" and "phobia"

Altai

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

I am only pointing out the works of Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim who lived centuries ago and complied what they saw as the true Hadith and not what other people have created before and after and attributed to Muhammed for their own purposes. A lot of what people claim to be Hadith are the same as fortune cookies that claim Confucius say. What agenda are you trying to propagate? 

Again: you're free to belittle the importance of the Hadiths in Islam. It won't change their actual importance which is considerable...especially the first two volumes.

But, I understand why you want to do this...so no worries.

Islam is Peace, after-all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again: you're free to belittle the importance of the Hadiths in Islam.

I'm not belittling or defining anything. I am just pointing out that what is commonly referred to as Hadith is not a book like the Quran. When you say 'first two volumes' you are obviously referring to a collection, which one? 

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I'm not belittling or defining anything. I am just pointing out that what is commonly referred to as Hadith is not a book like the Quran. When you say 'first two volumes' you are obviously referring to a collection, which one? 

Bukhari and Muslim, of course. But you knew that...

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can you provide some other relevance for this cleric - other than your belief that the other poster has a "secret agenda" ?

Just asking as a poster here, thanks.

Eh?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dre said:

Judaism is a religion as well. 

Anti semitism is not just with regard to the religion. At least, not how I understand it anyway. You might think differently. 

17 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Anti semitism is not just with regard to the religion. At least, not how I understand it anyway. You might think differently. 

To understand why Judaism is more than a religion, one needs to understand what happened during the Diaspora. The whole concept of Usury Laws and interest on loans, modern banking...etc...was a result of sticking it to the Jews on a regular basis over centuries. Christian and Muslim alike...both heavily into Iconoclasm/appropriation as religions/cults go. Jews stuck together for safety...

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

So:

• Judaism is a close exclusive club
  • Islam is open to all
  • Christianity has a guard at the door (baptize, etc.)

Pretty much.

However, Islam's guard is the Shahada which you belittled, if I recall. No Imam is needed, though...

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Non-proselytizing.

You can't just decide to be a Jew.

Muslim...different story.

Anyone can decide to be a Jew or not. Same goes with any other religion.  I would just have to want to be a Jew and follow the religion and believe in it.

4 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Anyone can decide to be a Jew or not. Same goes with any other religion.  I would just have to want to be a Jew and follow the religion and believe in it.

No...11 steps. Including being accepted into a Synagogue by a group of Rabbis and learning (some) Hebrew. Pretty restrictive...and never knocking on your door with the 'Good News'.

The Shahada is Allah's FINAL message to humanity and  once you've heard it....know about it, even...you're either a Muslim or not. No human interjection is needed. Designed to be easy...not hard.

Christianity is in the middle...you can drop-in...plop yer butt down in the pews and listen to the sermon. Only after you've been baptized in some fashion are you truly Christian. No insta-join like Islam...heh.

• Like 1

I suppose the phobia part about Islam is that ultimately it is a warrior's religion that produces more and more warriors. Be they support or front-line fighters.

Did you know that if one dies as a Jihadi, he gets to speak for a large number of his closest relatives...living or dead...lol...who ALSO get to go to Paradise Plus??

Great system. Truly diabolical.

Edited by DogOnPorch

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I suppose the phobia part about Islam is that ultimately it is a warrior's religion that produces more and more warriors. Be they support or front-line fighters.

Well, if I had to choose a religion to believe in, I'd probably pick a warrior's religion over a peasant's religion...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It depends I guess. Some people probably dont like the religion itself. I don't personally like it or any other religion for that matter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bonam said:

Well, if I had to choose a religion to believe in, I'd probably pick a warrior's religion over a peasant's religion...

"Mohammed knew that most people are terribly cowardly and stupid. That is why he promised two [sic] beautiful women to every courageous warrior who dies in battle. This is the kind of language a soldier understands. When he believes that he will be welcomed in this manner in the afterlife, he will be willing to give his life, he will be enthusiastic about going to battle and not fear death. You may call this primitive and you may laugh about it, but it is based on deeper wisdom. A religion must speak a man's language."

---Heinrich Himmler (Dec 1st, 1942)

5 hours ago, dre said:

It depends I guess. Some people probably dont like the religion itself. I don't personally like it or any other religion for that matter. 

Christianity has the Blood Libel...or did...it's preached in far fewer churches post-Holocaust. Christ Killers.

Islam: Jews were cursed by Allah for rejecting Mohammad as the next Moses.

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.

---Mohammad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Nah.  Only have to accept Jesus in your heart to be Christian, saved and born again.  Baptism is optional for many sects.

Being 'born again' is the particular baptism in that case. Not to be confused with 'Christening'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism#Non-practitioners

The point being: there's a ceremony...and at least another human. Quakers are the only real sect that doesn't bother with a baptism.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

"Mohammed knew that most people are terribly cowardly and stupid. That is why he promised two [sic] beautiful women to every courageous warrior who dies in battle. This is the kind of language a soldier understands. When he believes that he will be welcomed in this manner in the afterlife, he will be willing to give his life, he will be enthusiastic about going to battle and not fear death. You may call this primitive and you may laugh about it, but it is based on deeper wisdom. A religion must speak a man's language."

---Heinrich Himmler (Dec 1st, 1942)

Christianity has the Blood Libel...or did...it's preached in far fewer churches post-Holocaust. Christ Killers.

Islam: Jews were cursed by Allah for rejecting Mohammad as the next Moses.

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.

---Mohammad

Are you related to him?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1