Canadian Muslims demanding end to free speech / Canada's Anti-Islamophobia Committee will begin meetings next month

Argus

Well, the principle at work here then is never give an inch when it comes to your own culture, for some.  If you play it that way, though, you will get the same back .... within legal limits of course.  Multiculturalism should work for all cultures.  If you don't buy into it, don't complain if people don't respect your culture either I say.

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, the principle at work here then is never give an inch when it comes to your own culture, for some.  If you play it that way, though, you will get the same back .... within legal limits of course.  Multiculturalism should work for all cultures.  If you don't buy into it, don't complain if people don't respect your culture either I say.

That's actually not right.  The idea that multiculturalism should work for all cultures but not result in conflicts.  I sure don't require anyone to respect my culture if not doing so means they go to work on St George's Day, but I sure do if it means I keep the right to say what I want, regardless of how offensive it is to others.  As discussed elswhere, I'll take scorn.

Edited by bcsapper

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

I think I know what you mean, and who is behind it, and has us all as their debt slaves. They truly are the enemy, and the ones behind the push for this marxist nonsense.

Why is it that the minority always gets to rule over the majority in Canada? Laws are getting created by minorities who get to then rule and control the majority of their thoughts and beliefs. We need Citizen Initiated Referendums in Canada like they have in Switzerland where the majority can vote on whatever as to whether they want to be ruled over by a minority. Works for me. 

i agree that we are in a dire need for a series of referendums. They are cost-effective if you ask 10-15 questions at once.

@Michael Hardner I'm barely christian but noah started the ark before the waters started to rise.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

the problem is islam isn't culture, it's their alignment with an ideology that is antithetical to canadian values.

3 minutes ago, dre said:

Actually, in my opinion its people like you that threaten our traditions. Canada has a history of tolerating unpopular thought. We have a culture of having many cultures. All this MP did was ask parliament to look into an issue, and you would label her an enemy of the state. Talk about uncanadian.

On the contrary. I am a Canadian, and I value Canadian traditions,heritage,values and culture that is under threat from all the different races,cultures,religions,traditions,heritages and ways of their doing things that I do not want to see being done here. This is Canada, not the rest of the world, and everyone immigrating to Canada needs to be made aware of this. Thanks to multiculturalism, no one really needs to become Canadian anymore, and encouraged not to do so by our different levels of governments. The only time people call themselves Canadian is when they go to apply for a new passport or when asked by a border guard from some other country as to what our citizenship one is. Otherwise now there is Indo Canadians, African Canadians, Irish Canadians, French Canadians, Chinese Canadians and so on. This all bull crap. 

Yes indeed, we should tolerate another person's opinion and point of view but there should be only one culture? A Canadian culture that has served Canada well before all this multiculturalism and immigration policy changed everything decades ago. This MP should have not asked parliament anything. This is just a test by a muslim to see how far she could go to get Canada and Canadians to accept her Islamic culture and eventually Sharia law to be implemented in Canada some time down the road. This will be one of many attempts that these muslims will try to get this country to accept and go Islamic. Better stop them in their tracks before they try to go any further. Works for me. 

This is what being Canadian is all about. To do otherwise is to be unCanadian.  My personal opinion, of course. 

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Apparently, it would appear as though muslims don't think like that. I think what multiculturalism means to muslims is that we must accept and eventually adapt to their Islamic lifestyle. All others will be tolerated but will have no real and true rights under Sharia law. It will be there way or the death way. 

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

This is what being Canadian is all about. To do otherwise is to be unCanadian.  My personal opinion, of course. 

Yes, as Canadian history has far more examples of multicultural conflict and discrimination as a matter of official policy and legislation (that continues to this day) compared to the wishful revisionist thinking expressed above.   That is the real Canada they want to hide and forget. 

Welcome to the real Canada....Muslims.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I sure don't require anyone to respect my culture if not doing so means they go to work on St George's Day, but I sure do if it means I keep the right to say what I want, regardless of how offensive it is to others.   

What ?  I think the people who didn't like M103 were the ones who were overly offended.

In any case, you're talking about something else.  Either accept cultures or don't.  If you don't accept other cultures don't expect others to accept yours.  It's pretty simple.  And if you want to get into the area if evaluating the "worth" of cultures, I am very interested in talking to you.... IF I trust your intentions.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Law, the only law is in the brain of Ezra Levant. Why don't we debate ghosts on Mars, that would have as much basis in fact as this thread.

You really are intolerant of other peoples opinion and points of view, aren't you? Typical liberal. I don't like what you have to say so I will attack you on whatever you say even though you have been shown that you were wrong. You need to learn that you cannot always win all the time if that is possible for you to easily accept. And you will never win with me because I use common sense and logic, and not liberal emotionalism and foolishness. I don't say that everything Ezra Levant reports is true but lot's of what he reports is true. You just cannot accept that bit of reasoning. To bad for you. 

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, as Canadian history has far more examples of multicultural conflict and discrimination as a matter of official policy and legislation (that continues to this day) compared to the wishful revisionist thinking expressed above.   That is the real Canada they want to hide and forget. 

Welcome to the real Canada....Muslims.

Welcome to the real Canada alright. Everyone in BC who rides a motorcycle has to wear a helmet on their heads. But thanks to multiculturalism, Sikhs don't have too. So, how is that for multicultural discrimination?  Canada is fast going to lose it's heritage and traditions if Canadians don't soon start to get off their butts and start to stand up for a one Canada, and not a Canada of and for many other Canada's. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You have twisted it around.  They built an invisible castle of hyperbole around this motion and then say it proves intolerance of others.  Very rich.

They will use this back lash against motion 103 as an act of racism and anti-muslim hatred. Very rich alright. 

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What ?  I think the people who didn't like M103 were the ones who were overly offended.

In any case, you're talking about something else.  Either accept cultures or don't.  If you don't accept other cultures don't expect others to accept yours.  It's pretty simple.  And if you want to get into the area if evaluating the "worth" of cultures, I am very interested in talking to you.... IF I trust your intentions.

I was talking about something else.  I didn't think it was still about M103.

How on earth can you defend a general statement like either accept cultures or don't?  I'll accept some aspects.  Certainly not others.

With due respect Taxme not all Muslims think the way you pose them as thinking when you make the statement they want to

impose Islam on us non Muslims.

I again repeat,  there are Muslims who came to this country to get away from fundamentalist Islamic beliefs or Islamo-fascism shoved down

their throats. This is why they came to Canada.

I wish you would quit assuming all Muslims in Canada want to shove Islam on others.

Some do yes and they use the cover of multi-culturalism an political propriety and accusations of discrimination  and our constitution to do so. Yes. However not all Muslims. here were Muslims who showed up to protest the Islamophobia bill.

Moderate Muslims are not the issue. They agree with you.  Sorry to burst your bubble but they are not that much different than you in values.

One of the reasons I found the Islamophobia bill poorly worded is precisely because of what Muslims told me which is pretty much in line with the belief you have that all religions should be able to be challenged in debate.

That said if you avoid smeering all Muslims with one broad stroke, I think you would find many agree with you as do I that a Canadian vision or culture comes first.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Yes indeed, we should tolerate another person's opinion and point of view but there should be only one culture? A Canadian culture that has served Canada well before all this multiculturalism and immigration policy changed everything decades ago 

Multi cultural-ism is not some brand new thing. Its how this nation was created. Its as old as nation itself. Its as Canadian as any of your own cultural values, which no doubt are different than mine. 

Whats not Canadian here is you labeling a person as an enemy of the state for simply trying to bring up an issue she thinks is important. That's more a North Korean value, or Iranian, or Chinese, or Saudi.

There is no  homogeneous single Canadian culture or set of values, and there never has been. 

Edited by dre
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

Its a motion for a study, not a bill for legislation.   Its also already been discussed to death.   

Studies lead to Bills every time.. If this study is not based on Official Police Reports but is Compiled based upon only reporting of religious leaders and the odd-ball in the community, that is a waste of your tax dollars when in fact no documentary evidence was produced in the last reading of m-103 proving Bigotry is rampant.

JAMES BEZAN Petition e-909 - Even if you are for or against Islamophobes, this is one thing everyone can agree on in order to protect the Canadian way of life:

Petition e-909 Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

18 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, the liberals are at it again. Again they are showing that they do not believe in freedom of speech. An Ontario MP liberal named Ikra Khalid, a muslim, wants to have a law created that would have written init that no one be allowed to question or criticize Islam in a negative manner. Now we can see as to just where these muslims are headed and what they have planned for Canada if they can get enough muslims into the country, and then have more laws created to stifle free speech against anyone condemning Islam. If no one can see that Islam is a threat to Canada and freedom well you must be dumb. So, this dumb liberal obviously has not been informed yet or probably doesn't even care that Canada has a piece of paper called The Charter of Rights and Freedoms which states that all people are equal, no exceptions. But she wants to make Muslims an exception and not have to be equal but have more. Pathetic indeed. 

So, where is the media party(Global/CBC/CTV)on this? They appear to be quite silent along with the conservative party on this attack against freedom of speech. I wonder why? I guess that it has nothing to do with Trump so it is not news. This should be front page news and reported on for weeks by the media. This is why I call the Canadian media fake and phony. They are too politically correct, and will not stand up against these muslims for their daring to even try to get a law put in place that would criminalize any Canadian, and have them arrested and charged, and thrown in the gulag for daring to question Islam. 

Here is a golden opportunity for the candidates running for the leadership of the conservative party to speak out against this motion, and possibly become the law of the land in the next month or so. But they too are silent. The conservative party is also a fake and phony politically correct party. They like to talk but will not do the walk. And most likely their excuse for not saying anything is that they do not want to be called racist. What a bunch of cowards. Well, I guess that I must be a racist then because I am against this motion. I have no fear of being called a racist. Go ahead, make my day. Instead of members here concerning themselves about this anti-freedom of speech motion, and discussing this motion, it would appear as though what Trump says or does is more important to them. Canada has real issues to discuss but typically what Canadians prefer to talk about is anything that won't make them appear to be politically incorrect or racist. I have to agree with O'Leary that it is basically a waste of time to go to those candidate meetings, and listen to that same old, same old. Personally, I think that the conservative party is just another liberal party. Prove me wrong if you can? 

Anyway, I think that this muslim motion needs to be questioned and challenged and thrown out as being an anti-Canadian motion, and it needs to be nipped in the bud. What say you?  

I agree and so does a lot of others, but bring it up and you are called a racist or bigot. And the CPC tries to do anything and they get branded as a hating party. That is what the left does when you disagree with them. And I think the left hates everything that is white.