More Than Just A Question Of Ethics

betsy

Justin Trudeau had reluctantly admitted that he also vacationed with the Aga Khan in 2014.

Trudeau admits to several vacations with Aga Khan, including one in 2014 while he was an MP

In 2014, Trudeau was an everyday MP who happened to be the leader of the third party in the House of Commons and, as a result, would not have been subject to the same federal law — the Conflict of Interest Act — that governs some of his travel activity now that he is the prime minister.

Trudeau is under investigation by Parliament’s Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner for potential violations of the act for his 2016 holiday as prime minister on Bell Island, the 141-hectare island owned by the Aga Khan in an archipelago described as the “Hampton of the Bahamas.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/trudeau-admits-to-several-vacations-with-aga-khan-including-one-in-2014-while-he-was-an-mp

Just to give context......what is the Aga Khan?

is the 49th and current Imam of Nizari Ismailism, a denomination of Isma'ilism within Shia Islam consisting of an estimated 25 million adherents (about 20% of the world's Shia Muslim population).[

It is believed that the Aga Khan is a direct lineal descendant of the Islamic prophet Muhammad through Muhammad's cousin and son-in-law, Ali,[12] considered the first Imam in Shia Islam, and Ali's wife Fatima az-Zahra, Muhammad’s daughter from his first marriage.

In 1986 the Aga Khan ordained the current version of the Ismailia Constitution – an ecclesiastical decree[13] affirming to Nizari Ismailis his "sole right to interpret the Qur'an and provide authoritative guidance on [all] matters of faith"[14] and formalising his sole discretion, power and authority for the governance of Nizari Ismaili jamats (places of worship) and institutions.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_IV

Then,  in May 2016

The 2016 Winnipeg Biennial Convention of the Liberal Party approved on May 29, 2016 a resolution condemning “all forms of Islamophobia” and recommencing to form a Task Force to help the federal government shape its strategic vision to eliminate discrimination and hatred.

WHEREAS the Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau has repeatedly declared he is ‘deeply disturbed’ by the increasing Islamophobia in Canada, and joining governments from around the world in condemning such heinous acts towards Muslim communities;

BE IT RESOLVED that the Liberal Party of Canada makes a concerted effort to counter prejudice and hate and develop policies specific to the reduction and elimination of Islamophobia in all of its forms;

BE IT RESOLVED that the Liberal Party of Canada strike a Task Force for the Elimination of All Forms of Islamophobia;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the recommendations of the Task Force be forwarded to the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister, Cabinet and all MPs to be used as the Government of Canada’s strategic vision to eliminate all forms of discrimination and hatred.”

CIJnews could not find any evidence to support the Liberal’s claim that Canadian Muslims were murdered in 2015 in hate crimes. The Peterborough Mosque fire was investigated by Police as a potential hate crime with no clear evidence or suspects to determine the motive of the arson.

The resolution goes in line with the directive of Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, who has repeatedly condemned actions perceived as possible hate crimes against Muslims in Canada.

Trudeau has refrained from condemning other expressions that may be interpreted as hate speech and hate crimes aimed at non-Muslims.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=38486

Obviously, Muslims - in Trudeau's government - are held at a different level than other religions. 

Now the question:

How are we to know that the Aga Khan had not used his friendship with Trudeau, had not "lobbied" Trudeau during their friendly vacations?  

Edited by betsy

So what?  He's the PM, he can do what he wants. You have to understand what really happened, and it's certainly not what you are saying happened.    Besides, it's all lies put out by anti-Trudeau media and the conservatives who are still sore about losing.

(Did I miss any of the arguments you've used to defend Trump's unethical behavior, Betsy?)

I'm sorry. What's the controversy? He knows a rich guy who's muslim and hangs out with him? The guy could be having an inappropriate influence but there's no evidence of that? You'd have to really have far more concern than any Trumpsters about ethics to have any honest concern about this.

The question's still there.  Trudeau passes a a law on Islamophobia - and yet, this law against hate only applies to Muslims, and not other religions.  Muslims are the only ones protected by this law.  

It just so happens that he's friendly with the Aga Khan (who Muslims believe, is related to the prophet Mohammad), and he vacations with him, even in 2014.

Of course it's easy to question whether his decision has been influenced by the Aga Khan.

Edited by betsy

He recited the Shahada in front of Muslim witnesses. That's all it takes.

There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God.

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Look familiar? It should. It's on ISIS's flag.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Is he a secret Muslim too?

I thought we took people's religious convictions at their word?

EH?

If he's a secret Muslim....that means he hasn't confessed to it, did he? 

How can we take his religious convictions at his word if he didn't say he is?  :lol:

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Obviously, Muslims - in Trudeau's government - are held at a different level than other religions. 

Perhaps because there are a bunch of hate filled people around spreading Islamophobia, so the Liberal party saw that creating a task force to address that would be helpful. This is no different than the hate filled people around spreading anti-semitism, and Stephen Harper decided to create protocol to address it.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Perhaps because there are a bunch of hate filled people around spreading Islamophobia, so the Liberal party saw that creating a task force to address that would be helpful. This is no different than the hate filled people around spreading anti-semitism, and Stephen Harper decided to create protocol to address it.

Islam is the Religion of Peace and wouldn't need to kill us if we'd just smarten-up and convert.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

So as long as he doesn't say anything we're free to assume - awesome.

Uh....you're the one who's planting the seed that he's a secret Muslim.  I surely didn't say anything about his religion.  I'm talking about his political position, that his decision could've been influenced by the Aga Khan. 

You were not there on that island with both of them.  I was not there.  And now.....this sudden law against islamophobia. The optics are bad. 

That's what they're saying - there shouldn't be anything that questions the integrity of our government.  And yet our PM has done just that. 

Unless you're among the banana republic, there's no room for the "buddy-buddy" system.  That's another term for cronyism.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

It was quite heavily implied.

You've got an over-active imagination.  :lol:

How are we to know that the Aga Khan had not used his friendship with Trudeau, had not "lobbied" Trudeau during their friendly vacations?  

There's nothing there that implied he is a Muslim.  Read again.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Is Trudeau supposed to not ever see his lifelong friends?

What if family is "lobbying" him too...   maybe he and Sophie should live apart while he is PM in case she "lobbies" him to spay and neuter pets, or whatever she's into.  

This is getting stupid...

And DoP actually he believes he's a Muslim plant ...  or a secret Muslim...   bent on destroying Canadian civilization.  I must say, that's a rather bizarre point of view / claim.

Edited by The_Squid

Betsy I agree with you he is too close to the Aga Kahn and this has triggered conflict of interest issues. No argument there. He showed remarkably poor judgement and arrogance engaging in the very things he chastised Harper for and said during his election campaign he was against.

This  makes him a liar. The Aga's organizations do get direct funding from the government so Trudeau has acted completely irresponsibly and he shows his arrogance.

To top it off you might want to check how much air pollution he caused in one trip compared to you and I in a year. This man who claims he is for carbon tax created on one trip more air pollution than you or I or the average Canadian does in one year. So on top of beingan arrogant a-hole for placing himself in conflict, his lifestyle shows what a lying two face he really is.

That said let's also be a bit careful here. The Aga Kahn is no terrorist. He is Ismaili Muslim. Yes they do believe he comes from a family tree descended from Muhammed. I don't want to get into that other than to say uh yah and I come from Moses although I prefer to say I come from apes although there are these people in the Caucasus region called Mountain Jews, so maybe I come from them because I feel close to trees.

That said, Ismaili Muslims are good people. They are anti terrorist, highly educated, and moderate and strongly believe in Canadian laws and Canada comes first.  They are to Islam I suppose what you would call United Church to Christianity if I can use that analogy. Pretty moderate and modern and progressive. The opposite of fundamentalist extremist terrorists.

Now there is criticism of the Aga himself being a rich playboy and a drinker and some say he is part of the illuminati and Masons and all that kind of stuff as is Trudeau which explains the elitist behaviour between the two if you are into that conspiracy stuff/.

Here's the point. Ismaili Muslims have been the target of hatred by Sunni and Shiite Muslims forever. They are despised and hated. They and Amidyah Muslims escaped here to get away from attacks by Sunni and Shiite Muslims. Its just not true they are terrorists are bad people, etc.They are as much against terrorism as you are and they achieve. They become doctors, professionals. They don't take, they give back.. They are not seeking to change anyone and they are positive Canadians.

Now you are dead on about Trudeau's conflicted behaviour but don't get too  paranoid about the Aga Kahn. He's not some terrorist. He does genuinely support charitable causes.

Now why Trudeau is such an arrogant shmuck about it I do not know but by being so close to this guy in fact Trudeau makes himself a target of the extremist Muslims he's been hanging around with in Canada and that his brother Sasha networks with. I think Trudeau is a naïve ass myself.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Rue said:

This  makes him a lying sack of crap.

Today you call Trudeau a lying sack of crap (along with arrogant shuck and naïve ass), the other day you called Wynne an idiot. I guess insults against anyone that you don't identify as 'right wing' is acceptable.

Edited by ?Impact

13 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Is Trudeau supposed to not ever see his lifelong friends?

What if family is "lobbying" him too...   maybe he and Sophie should live apart while he is PM in case she "lobbies" him to spay and neuter pets, or whatever she's into.  

This is getting stupid...

And DoP actually he believes he's a Muslim plant ...  or a secret Muslim...   bent on destroying Canadian civilization.  I must say, that's a rather bizarre point of view / claim.

Who's talking about not seeing his life-long friends? 

His position in government, and who the Aga Khan is, does makes it only practical to question his Islamophobia law.  Why not protect all religious practitioners like Christians, Jews, Buddhists etc?  Why single out Muslims for special protection?

That's not even questioning him breaking his own rules as to accepting private helicopter rides and invitations!

I can't speak for DoP.  

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, ?Impact said:

So you admit that you do not know if any lobbying took place, so stop assuming and making accusations.

No, we don't know.   That's the point isn't it?

Trudeau is not an ordinary man.  He is the head of this nation, the most powerful man in this country.

To think that he's just been questioned about his pay-for-access.....and the shadow of corruption still haunts the Liberal Party (Corriveau having been convicted recently).......you'd think that he'll try his damndest to distance himself from any hint, or question of corruption.

I don't know why is that so hard to understand.  Seems like the sense of entitlement are tied to Liberals like an umbilical cord to a baby.  And Liberal supporters see nothing wrong with it.

The integrity of the government should be without question.

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, Rue said:

Betsy I agree with you he is too close to the Aga Kahn and this has triggered conflict of interest issues. No argument there. He showed remarkably poor judgement and arrogance engaging in the very things he chastised Harper for and said during his election campaign he was against.

This  makes him a lying sack of crap. The Aga's organizations do get direct funding from the government so Trudeau has acted completely irresponsibly and he shows his arrogance.

To top it off you might want to check how much air pollution he caused in one trip compared to you and I in a year. This man who claims he is for carbon tax created on one trip more air pollution than you or I or the average Canadian does in one year. So on top of beingan arrogant a-hole for placing himself in conflict, his lifestyle shows what a lying two face he really is.

That said let's also be a bit careful here. The Aga Kahn is no terrorist. He is Ismaili Muslim. Yes they do believe he comes from a family tree descended from Muhammed. I don't want to get into that other than to say uh yah and I come from Moses although I prefer to say I come from apes although there are these people in the Caucasus region called Mountain Jews, so maybe I come from them because I feel close to trees.

That said, Ismaili Muslims are good people. They are anti terrorist, highly educated, and moderate and strongly believe in Canadian laws and Canada comes first.  They are to Islam I suppose what you would call United Church to Christianity if I can use that analogy. Pretty moderate and modern and progressive. The opposite of fundamentalist extremist terrorists.

Now there is criticism of the Aga himself being a rich playboy and a drinker and some say he is part of the illuminati and Masons and all that kind of stuff as is Trudeau which explains the elitist behaviour between the two if you are into that conspiracy stuff/.

Here's the point. Ismaili Muslims have been the target of hatred by Sunni and Shiite Muslims forever. They are despised and hated. They and Amidyah Muslims escaped here to get away from attacks by Sunni and Shiite Muslims. Its just not true they are terrorists are bad people, etc.They are as much against terrorism as you are and they achieve. They become doctors, professionals. They don't take, they give back.. They are not seeking to change anyone and they are positive Canadians.

Now you are dead on about Trudeau's conflicted behaviour but don't get too  paranoid about the Aga Kahn. He's not some terrorist. He does genuinely support charitable causes.

Now why Trudeau is such an arrogant shmuck about it I do not know but by being so close to this guy in fact Trudeau makes himself a target of the extremist Muslims he's been hanging around with in Canada and that his brother Sasha networks with. I think Trudeau is a naïve ass myself.

My issue is the Islamophobia law.   Muslims are given a special status by being especially protected.

Trudeau should've made a law that protects all religion.

Edited by betsy