Muslim antisemitism the cause of the Israeli conflict

Argus

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Did the Jews take it originally by force as well?

Taken, too.

Romans...you might have heard of 'em.

Your Arab friends invaded Christian Lands...Christianity which had spread more or less peacefully...missionary work and the conversion of the Roman Empire.

Islam is a violent warrior's religion...rewarding death in the service of Islam with a better Paradise.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

rewarding death in the service of Islam with a better Paradise.

Christians and Atheists have killed more people than Muslims or Jews could ever hope too.  Hundreds of millions. They get a pass because they belong to national armies of nation states, but they are the ones with all the sweet hardware that lets you kill in huge numbers. Russians, Germans, Americans, the UK the Japanese...  My guess is that in the last century for each time a muslim has killed another person, a christian or atheist has killed 100. The Russians and Americans came pretty close to causing the extinction of our entire species.

National armies have turned killing into profiteering racket. We face 1000 times the threat from them as we do from some dirt farmers with suicide vests.

10 minutes ago, dre said:

Christians and Atheists have killed more people than Muslims or Jews could ever hope too.  Hundreds of millions. They get a pass because they belong to national armies of nation states, but they are the ones with all the sweet hardware that lets you kill in huge numbers. Russians, Germans, Americans, the UK the Japanese...  My guess is that in the last century for each time a muslim has killed another person, a christian or atheist has killed 100. The Russians and Americans came pretty close to causing the extinction of our entire species.

National armies have turned killing into profiteering racket. We face 1000 times the threat from them as we do from some dirt farmers with suicide vests.

Yes, but don't forget, more people are killed each year by lightning than by atheists because they are not atheists.

I don't know what the cause of the conflict is, nor do I really care at the end of the day.  But I do know that what perpetuates the conflict and makes peace impossible is blame, hatred, and most especially the inability for each side to take a moment to empathize with the opposing side(s)...which leads to things like blame and hatred.  Each side needs to take time to swallow their pride and see how their actions perpetuate the conflict.  I don't think it will happen though.  Even normally decent people on MLW who don't even live in the region have their victim/oppressor mentalities firmly entrenched, so imagine actual Israelis & Palestinians/Arabs living there with centuries of righteous narrative ingrained in them.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:36 AM, sharkman said:

Yep, antisemitism is the root cause of this mess.  Just as racism is the root cause of bigotry towards Blacks in the US.  It's as old as mankind, unfortunately, and is one of the things we can't seem to cure.

There will never be a cure for antisemitism as long as Israeli Zionism and AIPAC sticks around. It is not only the Arabs that suffer. The rest of the world has to suffer also because of Israel. For once I have to agree with what Obama and Kerry have said about the UN resolution against Israel. Israel does not want peace. It wants war and the worlds sympathy about how the persecuted chosen ones are treated by the rest of the world. There must be a good reason as to why so many countries despise Israel, uhmm?  

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't know what the cause of the conflict is, nor do I really care at the end of the day.  But I do know that what perpetuates the conflict and makes peace impossible is blame, hatred, and most especially the inability for each side to take a moment to empathize with the opposing side(s)...which leads to things like blame and hatred.  Each side needs to take time to swallow their pride and see how their actions perpetuate the conflict.  I don't think it will happen though.  Even normally decent people on MLW who don't even live in the region have their victim/oppressor mentalities firmly entrenched, so imagine actual Israelis & Palestinians/Arabs living there with centuries of righteous narrative ingrained in them.

I don't have a dog in this fight between the Arabs and the Jews but why doesn't the rest of the world just leave them two go at it, and let them fight it out to the death. And besides that, who needs either one of them anyway? Those two countries offer nothing to the rest of the world except for grief and wars, and hundreds of refugees the rest of the world do not need but who have to look after. Maybe when sand becomes valuable, we could talk about it then. :D

5 hours ago, Argus said:

No, the person on the street knows that a word means what the people say it does, not what some academic says it used to mean.

Not what it "used to" mean. What it absolutely does actually mean. People conflating the term are still wrong no matter how many think it. Lots of people use all kinds of words and phrases incorrectly.

59 minutes ago, taxme said:

I don't have a dog in this fight between the Arabs and the Jews but why doesn't the rest of the world just leave them two go at it, and let them fight it out to the death. And besides that, who needs either one of them anyway? Those two countries offer nothing to the rest of the world except for grief and wars, and hundreds of refugees the rest of the world do not need but who have to look after. Maybe when sand becomes valuable, we could talk about it then. :D

Israel is a valuable ally we use as a proxy to help control that strategically important part of the world, mostly to due with oil resources.

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Lemme guess. You're one of those 'history students' who think the Crusades were Christian Aggression against peaceful Islam.

Is that your line o' thought?

As usual, you guess wrong. The Crusades were largely defensive wars. What I'm talking about predates that by many centuries.

14 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Taken, too.

Romans...you might have heard of 'em.

Your Arab friends invaded Christian Lands...Christianity which had spread more or less peacefully...missionary work and the conversion of the Roman Empire.

Islam is a violent warrior's religion...rewarding death in the service of Islam with a better Paradise.

My friends? What kind of stupid tactic is this?

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Israel is a valuable ally we use as a proxy to help control that strategically important part of the world, mostly to due with oil resources.

I fully disagree. If anything, they create conflicts and animosity. The only value they have is for the military industrial complex. Because their actions and the treatment of the Palestinians have only created animosity and more reason for a rebellion against the West. This includes terrorism.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is inherently antisemitic.  It's the nature of the scorpion. You're free to disagree.

Arabs and Jews flat out don't like each other. I don't think either one is more racist towards the other. There's a large segment within each group that more or less consider each other sub-human.

Luckily I live in Canada and all those dirt farmers can go fvck themselves. Get me a beer, and let em fight. Its just too bad that there's so much collateral damage.  Supporters of militant groups like Likud or Hamas deserve what they get... but there are millions of Israelis and Palestinians that would like to live and peace and COULD live in peace. They are the real victims over there on the dirt farm. Millions of Israelis oppose the occupation, and millions of Palestinians care a lot more about feeding their families than "driving the jews into the sea". Sad for them that conservatives on both sides work to perpetuate violence.

Edited by dre

17 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Well stated. The neutrality of the comment gives it added validity in my humble opinion. I challenge you sometimes. I am the first to support you other times.

Edited by Rue