Tax dollars now for the Francophonie

taxme

Well, Trudeau is at it again. He is now in Africa at the Francophonie get together, and has generously decided to throw another 20 million Canadian tax dollars over a period of five years.to some of those franco speaking countries. Well, isn't that just lovely. Trudeau is out there in Africa and taking our tax dollars and flinging them in the air for all to grab for free. 

It would appear as though Trudeau is giving the impression to some of those African countries that Canada is a french speaking country, and Trudeau is there to help them to preserve and promote the french language. I am pretty sure that there was a delegation from kebec there. I know that there is a province in Canada that calls itself a french speaking nation but I didn't know that all of Canada is now french speaking. And what is Ontario doing there as an observer? Is Ontario a french speaking province now? The way Canada keeps eliminating English words , and replacing them with french looking words makes one wonder if we are not already a french speaking country but nobody has told the rest of Canada yet. Parlez-vous francaise, anh? 

Source:CBC news channel. 

Edited by taxme

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, msj said:

Facts are good, but the writing leaves something to be desired:  "...contribute to the fight against climate change and women’s empowerment", although I'm sure some here would be more than happy to agree that Trudeau is fighting against women's empowerment.   :)

Edited by dialamah

11 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Taxme, you overlook the fact that we are a nation founded by two nations (apologies to the First Nations). We are members of both the Francophonie and the British Commonwealth of Nations. 

The Francophony summit is for leaders from so-called french speaking countries. Quebec may speak french but it is not a country, it is a province, and they should not be at the summit spending Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars to be there. More of your tax dollars at work, and you would appear to be just fine with it.

And further I heard on the CBC news channel today that Canada is going to give not 20 million but 118 million of our tax dollars to Africa and Haiti. Why Haiti? Didn't Haiti not too long ago receive billions and billions of dollars from around the world to assist with the clean up from the earthquake that hit Haiti. One would think that with all that money donated Haiti should now be one of the richest nations on earth. But I guess it is not because Trudeau has decided that we need to give them more Canadian tax dollars. 

Foreign-aid is a joke, and the joke is continually played on the Canadian taxpaying suckers who just can't seem to get it that probably 90% of all aid never gets to the people. The government takes it's share first. If one wants to donate to a cause then do so but don't do it with my tax dollars. I guess this could be one reason as to why we all pay GST, eh?    

5 hours ago, taxme said:

The Francophony summit is for leaders from so-called french speaking countries. Quebec may speak french but it is not a country, it is a province, and they should not be at the summit spending Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars to be there. More of your tax dollars at work, and you would appear to be just fine with it.

And further I heard on the CBC news channel today that Canada is going to give not 20 million but 118 million of our tax dollars to Africa and Haiti. Why Haiti? Didn't Haiti not too long ago receive billions and billions of dollars from around the world to assist with the clean up from the earthquake that hit Haiti. One would think that with all that money donated Haiti should now be one of the richest nations on earth. But I guess it is not because Trudeau has decided that we need to give them more Canadian tax dollars. 

Foreign-aid is a joke, and the joke is continually played on the Canadian taxpaying suckers who just can't seem to get it that probably 90% of all aid never gets to the people. The government takes it's share first. If one wants to donate to a cause then do so but don't do it with my tax dollars. I guess this could be one reason as to why we all pay GST, eh?    

This.  Have you seen what the Clinton Foundation did with the hundreds of millions it raised "for Haiti"  Not a dime went to a Haitian.  In fact it was so bad that Haitians would protest Hilary whenever she went to Florida and the MSM had to hide it.  She would get protested anywhere in Florida, the Haitians were talking about how she took the money and how they showed photos of the area she took money and told donors she was building houses were still empty fields.  In fact some news organization went down there and no one down there ever seen any aid or aid money.

Most of the aid money to Haiti goes to WESTERNERS! who work in the aid organizations like the red cross multi-millionaire ceos who siphon of hundreds of millions of the billions they collect into their offshore bank accounts.The only thing Haiti ever got from the West was when the UN gave them Cholera.  The Alex Jones show even went down to Haiti and they were showing how people were dying in the streets, starving and the UN trucks full of rice and food would not even stop to help anyone or give them anything!  Westerners are paid to literally drive trucks in circles and do nothing.

1 hour ago, hernanday said:

Have you seen what the Clinton Foundation did with the hundreds of millions it raised "for Haiti"  Not a dime went to a Haitian.

More bullshit from the bullshitter in chief Donald Trump and his gang of liars and scumbags. While the Clinton foundation has had some successes and some failures in Haiti, the claims you are making can be traced back to the campaign of Donald Trump and are complete fabrications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/13/did-the-clinton-foundation-raise-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-for-a-hospital-in-haiti-that-was-never-built/

40 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

More bullshit from the bullshitter in chief Donald Trump and his gang of liars and scumbags. While the Clinton foundation has had some successes and some failures in Haiti, the claims you are making can be traced back to the campaign of Donald Trump and are complete fabrications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/13/did-the-clinton-foundation-raise-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-for-a-hospital-in-haiti-that-was-never-built/

Watch Clinton cash.  And if she did not steal the money, why are all those Haitians protesting her?  They were not even allowed to show haiti on tv during the crisis because people were all holding up signs saying clinton where is the cash.

And it is foolish to call me a donald trump supporter when I said he was a buffoon who will fail and is going to get impeached for corruption.

18 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

What is concerning is that Saudi Arabia may get observer status. If Saudi Arabia gains observer status then we should leave the organization.

Intriguing isn't it? Among all the bad things he is saying regarding the commitments of Trudeau at the Francophonie, he totally missed the only one that is worth criticizing.

14 hours ago, taxme said:

Quebec speaks french, but it is a province. So what? What kind of point do you think you are making? If Canada does not want to be a french country, then cut away the french part from Canada and the rest will be english only. Blame your ancestors. They are the british ancestors. They are the one who beat the french crown few centuries ago. You would like Canada to be english official only but, you keep an important part of the french among you. You are just whining. Make it official. Ask Québec and half of NB and the french part of Ontario to leave and there you go, you will have your english Canada only.  Your critic is so not constructive. What the hell do you think you will get or promote with that? Canada is english... and french. Get over it or do what it takes to end it.

Spending Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars.............. cry me a river. Come on, be an adult. I also pay tax canadian dollars. Unless there is a condition that I am not aware of and I am paying like an idiot when all my fellow Québécois are not. hmmm, not really. So we pay as well. We also pay for your stupid Queen and all her expenses. A position attributed according to your genetics, which totally immoral in my republican values. Overall, how much it is spent for the crown vs the Francophonie? hmm, another wonderfull missed opportunity to shut the f--- up.

Then you refer to the money meant to help a hopeless country like Haïti but, unfortunately end up lost in space. That is a very good point at last. but what is the problem. That we send aid to those in need? Or rather because that aid ends into the pockets of fraudsters that are no strangers to the canadian government?

Are you telling me that you are doing the simplistic reasonning that the Francophonie is the one to blame for our fraudsters? Taxme, I am so desapointed. I did not expect that from you a single moment.

On 11/27/2016 at 5:36 AM, taxme said:

Well, Trudeau is at it again. He is now in Africa at the Francophonie get together, and has generously decided to throw another 20 million Canadian tax dollars over a period of five years.to some of those franco speaking countries. Well, isn't that just lovely. Trudeau is out there in Africa and taking our tax dollars and flinging them in the air for all to grab for free. 

It would appear as though Trudeau is giving the impression to some of those African countries that Canada is a french speaking country, and Trudeau is there to help them to preserve and promote the french language. I am pretty sure that there was a delegation from kebec there. I know that there is a province in Canada that calls itself a french speaking nation but I didn't know that all of Canada is now french speaking. And what is Ontario doing there as an observer? Is Ontario a french speaking province now? The way Canada keeps eliminating English words , and replacing them with french looking words makes one wonder if we are not already a french speaking country but nobody has told the rest of Canada yet. Parlez-vous francaise, anh? 

Source:CBC news channel. 

Isn't it great that a man such as Trudeau gets to feel all warm and fuzzy by being generous with other people's money?

18 hours ago, hernanday said:

This.  Have you seen what the Clinton Foundation did with the hundreds of millions it raised "for Haiti"  Not a dime went to a Haitian.  In fact it was so bad that Haitians would protest Hilary whenever she went to Florida and the MSM had to hide it.  She would get protested anywhere in Florida, the Haitians were talking about how she took the money and how they showed photos of the area she took money and told donors she was building houses were still empty fields.  In fact some news organization went down there and no one down there ever seen any aid or aid money.

Most of the aid money to Haiti goes to WESTERNERS! who work in the aid organizations like the red cross multi-millionaire ceos who siphon of hundreds of millions of the billions they collect into their offshore bank accounts.The only thing Haiti ever got from the West was when the UN gave them Cholera.  The Alex Jones show even went down to Haiti and they were showing how people were dying in the streets, starving and the UN trucks full of rice and food would not even stop to help anyone or give them anything!  Westerners are paid to literally drive trucks in circles and do nothing.

So true. And Canada has apparently given Canadian tax dollars to the Clinton Foundation. What a joke. Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars at work. This is why I say that all foreign-aid to any country from Canada should be stopped. To continue to do so is to me a theft of taxpayer's tax dollars. When are the Canadian sheeple ever going to wake up, and demand that this theft stop? To know that just one dollar has gone missing, and has gone into someones pocket, is proof enough that foreign-aid money is wasted money. It is pretty sad when all the billions and billions of dollars that were donated to Haiti to help with the rebuild of Haiti never really got to the people. Heads need to roll here.   

Edited by taxme

2 hours ago, TTM said:

French is one of our official languages therefore we are a so-called french speaking country...

French may be one of our official languages in this country but french is only used in Quebec, and in parts of New Brunswick, but not in the rest of Canada. Quebec is not a country, it is a province, and therefore Canada should not be seen or known as a french speaking country although that seems to be the impression that our fake and phony politicians like to give. There was no referendum done to see if Canadians wanted to make french an official language of Canada. It was just forced on them by a dictator.  

8 hours ago, Benz said:

Quebec speaks french, but it is a province. So what? What kind of point do you think you are making? If Canada does not want to be a french country, then cut away the french part from Canada and the rest will be english only. Blame your ancestors. They are the british ancestors. They are the one who beat the french crown few centuries ago. You would like Canada to be english official only but, you keep an important part of the french among you. You are just whining. Make it official. Ask Québec and half of NB and the french part of Ontario to leave and there you go, you will have your english Canada only.  Your critic is so not constructive. What the hell do you think you will get or promote with that? Canada is english... and french. Get over it or do what it takes to end it.

Spending Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars.............. cry me a river. Come on, be an adult. I also pay tax canadian dollars. Unless there is a condition that I am not aware of and I am paying like an idiot when all my fellow Québécois are not. hmmm, not really. So we pay as well. We also pay for your stupid Queen and all her expenses. A position attributed according to your genetics, which totally immoral in my republican values. Overall, how much it is spent for the crown vs the Francophonie? hmm, another wonderfull missed opportunity to shut the f--- up.

Then you refer to the money meant to help a hopeless country like Haïti but, unfortunately end up lost in space. That is a very good point at last. but what is the problem. That we send aid to those in need? Or rather because that aid ends into the pockets of fraudsters that are no strangers to the canadian government?

Are you telling me that you are doing the simplistic reasonning that the Francophonie is the one to blame for our fraudsters? Taxme, I am so desapointed. I did not expect that from you a single moment.

I am waiting for the day when bilingualism comes to an end. That would save us billions every year. Then you and me won't have to pay for each others language anymore, and have too look at the two different languages on our Corn Flakes boxes.    

Blame the Queen? It was not the Queen that forced french down the Anglos throat, it was all the PM's from Quebec starting with father Trudeau that were responsible for implementing bilingualism and all the other crap that they have done to try and change the makeup of this country. The french gave the rest of Canada multiculturalism and massive third world immigration. so yes, the Anglophones in this country should be crying themselves a river, when it ever dawns on them one day, the billions and billions of tax dollars gone have been washed down the drain. Yes, you pay taxes but nothing close to what the rest of the Canadian taxpayer's have to pay to keep Quebec around and happy. Ontario or NB should not be bilingual at all. and so they should not be asked if they want to separate from Canada, only Quebec should be given that chance. And if it were not for the ethnics in Quebec in that last referendum on Quebec separating, Quebec would be gone now. But as Jacques Parizeau said it? It was the ethnics that defeated the referendum, and kept Quebec in Canada.

Quebec has always been a corrupt province. I should know because I was born in Quebec, and I know a lot about politics in Quebec. So stick around mon ami because I may say a lot more that may disappoint you about me. I have a big problem, and that is that I am not politically correct, and I call things as I see it.  Bonjour. :D   

53 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Don't you just hate it when you wake up and have to read that French on your corn flakes box? It puts you in a bad mood for the rest of the day, and you start ranting like a little child.

The more I think about how itchy it makes him feel to read french, the more it makes my day. lolll

He thinks so much that the french is a flaw that he is at one beer away from adding F for French to the LGBT.

9 hours ago, taxme said:

I am waiting for the day when bilingualism comes to an end. That would save us billions every year. Then you and me won't have to pay for each others language anymore, and have too look at the two different languages on our Corn Flakes boxes.    

Blame the Queen? It was not the Queen that forced french down the Anglos throat, it was all the PM's from Quebec starting with father Trudeau that were responsible for implementing bilingualism and all the other crap that they have done to try and change the makeup of this country. The french gave the rest of Canada multiculturalism and massive third world immigration. so yes, the Anglophones in this country should be crying themselves a river, when it ever dawns on them one day, the billions and billions of tax dollars gone have been washed down the drain. Yes, you pay taxes but nothing close to what the rest of the Canadian taxpayer's have to pay to keep Quebec around and happy. Ontario or NB should not be bilingual at all. and so they should not be asked if they want to separate from Canada, only Quebec should be given that chance. And if it were not for the ethnics in Quebec in that last referendum on Quebec separating, Quebec would be gone now. But as Jacques Parizeau said it? It was the ethnics that defeated the referendum, and kept Quebec in Canada.

Quebec has always been a corrupt province. I should know because I was born in Quebec, and I know a lot about politics in Quebec. So stick around mon ami because I may say a lot more that may disappoint you about me. I have a big problem, and that is that I am not politically correct, and I call things as I see it.  Bonjour. :D   

It would not save you billions per year. I already explained you why your reasoning does not compute. I actually considere useless to force companies to use french on cereal boxes while at the same time, even if they won at the supreme court, alot of french parents still can't send their children to french schools. The way you think is singular to north america. No where else in the world, providing translation is seen as something bad. On the countrary, it is a sign of mastering language skills and it gives a strong image of you. But not you. Nope, you prefer to have the most insipid environment.

The Queen and all her family does perfectly speak french by the way. I understand that for you, french is crap. It is your legitimated right to think so. But you are not alone in this country and whether you like it or not, you have to share with the french people. If you don't then invite the french to take their share of land and leave your federation. This how it works.

It is totally ironic and very stupid that you blame us for the multiculturalism. It is YOUR multiculturalism. It is the same one that appears in all anglos countries. UK, USA, Australia, name it. In Quebec, we prefer the pluriculturalism, like in France and non-anglos countries. Trudeau is an english mindset. Whether he is born in Québec or Kenya does not change a damn thing. You are in total denial.

Ontario has the biggest amoung of french behind Québec. St-Boniface (Manitoba) has the biggest french community outside Québec. NB has the biggest french ratio behind Québec. Although french has been banned in most public schools for over a century, they managed to survive  and they are not all assimilated. So here is the deal, either you try to ban french again until there are none left with the consequences that go with it, or you stop your bullshit and respect them like simple other human being. Whining about their existance won't lead you anywhere. Fais-toi à l'idée mon grand. Oh and by the way, if the french of NB and Ontario do not leave Canada to join Québec, you will still have to keep french as the official language.

Regarding the corruption in Quebec, 99% of it comes from the federalists. The ones that love so much Canada that they prefer to stay in the status quo rather than give full power to the people.They are what I hate the most about politic. You want to talk about those bastards? Be my guess. Their culture of corruption is the direct outcome of voting liberals no matter what. It's what 100% of the anglos vote here. Go ahead and explain me what you think about your own fellows that are supporting the corrupted pro-canada government in Quebec.

You call things the way you see it with your myopic vision. That's what you do. I will keep bringing in your face the truth that you do not want to see. You won't even be able to blame your tax dollars for it. It's free.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

So true. And Canada has apparently given Canadian tax dollars to the Clinton Foundation. What a joke. Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars at work. This is why I say that all foreign-aid to any country from Canada should be stopped. To continue to do so is to me a theft of taxpayer's tax dollars. When are the Canadian sheeple ever going to wake up, and demand that this theft stop? To know that just one dollar has gone missing, and has gone into someones pocket, is proof enough that foreign-aid money is wasted money. It is pretty sad when all the billions and billions of dollars that were donated to Haiti to help with the rebuild of Haiti never really got to the people. Heads need to roll here.   

What needs to happen is a way for individuals to give money directly to Haitian individuals without  a middle man.  The middle man just steals the money.  Only if there was some way to just distribute the money directly to people like writing cheques to individual Haitians in disaster affected zones of moderate sums, would be far more useful than how we give aid now.  Ie. so if $2 billion is raised for Haiti or to be given to Haiti and 5 million Haitians who need aid, some way to just give $400 per person, would be far more effective than anything we have now.

9 minutes ago, hernanday said:

What needs to happen is a way for individuals to give money directly to Haitian individuals without  a middle man.

Certainly that is one way, but how do you distribute the money? Does that mean the the few Haitians that put their name on the Internet receive millions and others nothing? How do you build schools, hospitals, etc. with this money? Are these individuals taxed on what they receive? 

Your intent is right, but I don't think practical.

53 minutes ago, Benz said:

It would not save you billions per year. I already explained you why your reasoning does not compute. I actually considere useless to force companies to use french on cereal boxes while at the same time, even if they won at the supreme court, alot of french parents still can't send their children to french schools. The way you think is singular to north america. No where else in the world, providing translation is seen as something bad. On the countrary, it is a sign of mastering language skills and it gives a strong image of you. But not you. Nope, you prefer to have the most insipid environment.

The Queen and all her family does perfectly speak french by the way. I understand that for you, french is crap. It is your legitimated right to think so. But you are not alone in this country and whether you like it or not, you have to share with the french people. If you don't then invite the french to take their share of land and leave your federation. This how it works.

It is totally ironic and very stupid that you blame us for the multiculturalism. It is YOUR multiculturalism. It is the same one that appears in all anglos countries. UK, USA, Australia, name it. In Quebec, we prefer the pluriculturalism, like in France and non-anglos countries. Trudeau is an english mindset. Whether he is born in Québec or Kenya does not change a damn thing. You are in total denial.

Ontario has the biggest amoung of french behind Québec. St-Boniface (Manitoba) has the biggest french community outside Québec. NB has the biggest french ratio behind Québec. Although french has been banned in most public schools for over a century, they managed to survive  and they are not all assimilated. So here is the deal, either you try to ban french again until there are none left with the consequences that go with it, or you stop your bullshit and respect them like simple other human being. Whining about their existance won't lead you anywhere. Fais-toi à l'idée mon grand. Oh and by the way, if the french of NB and Ontario do not leave Canada to join Québec, you will still have to keep french as the official language.

Regarding the corruption in Quebec, 99% of it comes from the federalists. The ones that love so much Canada that they prefer to stay in the status quo rather than give full power to the people.They are what I hate the most about politic. You want to talk about those bastards? Be my guess. Their culture of corruption is the direct outcome of voting liberals no matter what. It's what 100% of the anglos vote here. Go ahead and explain me what you think about your own fellows that are supporting the corrupted pro-canada government in Quebec.

You call things the way you see it with your myopic vision. That's what you do. I will keep bringing in your face the truth that you do not want to see. You won't even be able to blame your tax dollars for it. It's free.

You are the one who said Quebec should be unilingual French, why should English Canada maintain French if you don't want to maintain English?  Seems hypocritical.

French has been banned in which public schools? Not in Ontario, we got tons of French immersion schools here and tons of French classes that are mandated and most students hate to take because it is useless for 99% of them.

If Quebec leaves Canada, ain't no way in hell we are going to keep French as an official language in the ROC, especially Ontario, can't speak for NB as they have a large 30% french minority, I'm not sure how realistic it is.  However there is just no reason to keep French as an official language for 500,000 Franco-ontarians who are almost all bilingual.  Ontario bilingualism is done simply to appease quebec.

Why can't french parents send their kids to french schools?