How Fake News Goes Viral

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, I figured it would.

Not when it's actually merited. It would OTOH, be wrong to respond to complaints when they're lame.

It is clear that you knew even less about it.   =>  "What corrections? Show us."

Keep paying those taxes...the CBC needs it to write more fake news.

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Uhhhh....it's a tad deeper than that...speaking of fake news. :lol:

Oh yes....We are all aware of fake news...But at least some of us are seeking the truth instead of repeating the same regurgitated cr@p that is spewed all over here... History tells much about the future. 

It was just a matter of time after 60 years to teveal the truth behind the 1953 coup.

"In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" By George Orwell

And damn right he was....

Let' see....

Documents Provide New Details on Mosaddeq Overthrow and Its Aftermath

National Security Archive Calls for Release of Remaining Classified Record 

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 435

Posted – August 19, 2013

Washington, D.C., August 19, 2013 – Marking the sixtieth anniversary of the overthrow of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddeq, the National Security Archive is today posting recently declassified CIA documents on the United States' role in the controversial operation. American and British involvement in Mosaddeq's ouster has long been public knowledge, but today's posting includes what is believed to be the CIA's first formal acknowledgement that the agency helped to plan and execute the coup.

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB435/

And here's is more...

Declassified documents describe in detail how US – with British help – engineered coup against Mohammad Mosaddeq

Document 35: FCO, Meeting Record, "Iran: Policy Review," December 20, 1978

Source : British National Archives, FCO 8/3351, File No. NB P 011/1 (Part A), Title "Internal Political Situation in Iran"

British Foreign Secretary David Owen chairs this FCO meeting on the unfolding crisis in Iran. It offers a window into London's assessment of the revolution and British concerns for the future (including giving "highest priority to getting paid for our major outstanding debts"). The document also shows that not everyone at the FCO believed significant harm would necessarily come to British interests from the FRUS revelations. Although he is speaking about events in 1978, I.T.M. Lucas' comment could apply just as forcefully to the impact of disclosing London's actions in 1953: "t was commonly known in [the Iranian] Government who the British were talking to, and there was nothing we could do to disabuse public opinion of its notions about the British role in Iran." (p. 2)

British documents show how senior officials in the 1970s tried to stop Washington from releasing documents that would be "very embarrassing" to the UK.

Official papers in the UK remain secret, even though accounts of Britain's role in the coup are widespread. In 2009 the former foreign secretary Jack Straw publicly referred to many British "interferences" in 20th-century Iranian affairs. On Monday the Foreign Office said it could neither confirm nor deny Britain's involvement in the coup.

The previously classified US documents include telegrams from Kermit Roosevelt, the senior CIA officer on the ground in Iran during the coup. Others, including a draft in-house CIA history by Scott Kock titled Zendebad, Shah! (Viva, Shah!), say that according to Monty Woodhouse, MI6's station chief in Tehran at the time, Britain needed US support for a coup. Eden agreed. "Woodhouse took his words as tantamount to permission to pursue the idea" with the US, Kock wrote.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

And yet more evidence...

Declassified Documents Reveal CIA Role In 1953 Iranian Coup

The Central Intelligence Agency was behind the overthrow of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh in 1953. It's been an open secret for decades, but last week, The George Washington University's National Security Archive released newly declassified documents proving it. Orchestrating the Iranian coup d'état was a first for the CIA and would serve as the template for future Cold War covert operations worldwide.

Mossadegh "believed that Iran's main problem at that time was that it was a country basically ruled by foreign empires," Iranian filmmaker Maziar Bahari tells Weekends on All Things Considered host Jacki Lyden. So, after less than a week in office, on May 1, 1951, Mossadegh decided to nationalize the British-run Anglo-Iranian Oil Company.

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/01/217976304/declassified-documents-reveal-cia-role-in-1953-iranian-coup

An excellent article also a good read about the communist Tudeh party. Ironically their members were Iranian jews, spies and workers union members...

A short account of 1953 Coup
Operation code-name: TP-AJAX

The operation, code-named TP-AJAX, was the blueprint for a succession of CIA plots to foment coups and destabilize governments during the cold war - including the agency's successful coup in Guatemala in 1954 and the disastrous Cuban intervention known as the Bay of Pigs in 1961. In more than one instance, such operations led to the same kind of long-term animosity toward the United States that occurred in Iran. 

The history says agency officers orchestrating the Iran coup worked directly with royalist Iranian military officers, handpicked the prime minister's replacement, sent a stream of envoys to bolster the shah's courage, directed a campaign of bombings by Iranians posing as members of the Communist Party, and planted articles and editorial cartoons in newspapers. 

But on the night set for Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddeq's overthrow, almost nothing went according to the meticulously drawn plans, the secret history says. In fact, CIA officials were poised to flee the country when several Iranian officers recruited by the agency, acting on their own, took command of a pro-shah demonstration in Tehran and seized the government. 

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/coup53/coup53p1.php

CIA documents acknowledge its role in Iran's 1953 coup

The documents were obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the National Security Archive, a non-governmental research institution based at George Washington University.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23762970

and...

10 U.S. Sanctioned Chemical Weapons Attacks Washington Doesn’t Want You To Talk About

https://theoldspeakjournal.wordpress.com/tag/cia/

Edited by kactus

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Already provided instances of fake CBC news.   

You only provided instances of mistakes that were addressed.

If you would really like to bolster your claim that the government is controlling the broadcaster and by implication what it's broadcasting, you would produce some real evidence of fakery such as directives from the state to produce fake news. That would be real news you see, a difference with real distinction.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

You call it whatever you want. I know where I get my news and it ain't from south of the border very often.

I don't believe that for a minute...Canadians consume copious amounts of U.S. news and programming every day.   Numerous references to U.S. news sources are made in this forum.   The funniest part is that FOX News must be watched a lot to have so many jabs taken at it.

I wonder which Hillary Clinton fake news network was the fave for her Canadian "supporters"....MSNBC or CNN ?

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The CBC and CBC News sucks....the programming sucks....even fake news cannot help it.

And yet it still towers above FOX News.

Millions of Canadians want to stop the current funding model for the CBC ... who wants to pay for such garbage ?

Millions of other Canadians.

Just now, eyeball said:

You only provided instances of mistakes that were addressed.

Still fake news....even more insidious.   Consistent "mistakes" are purposeful.   

If you would really like to bolster your claim that the government is controlling the broadcaster and by implication what it's broadcasting, you would produce some real evidence of fakery such as directives from the state to produce fake news. That would be real news you see, a difference with real distinction.

Different topic entirely....start a new thread.    Funding = control, the same claim that lefties make about big corporations and media.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't believe that for a minute...Canadians consume copious amounts of U.S. news and programming every day.   Numerous references to U.S. news sources are made in this forum.   The funniest part is that FOX News must be watched a lot to have so many jabs taken at it.

I wonder which Hillary Clinton fake news network was the fave for her Canadian "supporters"....MSNBC or CNN ?

US news is almost never watched in Canada by anyone. Most US programming is watched on Canadian stations. I couldn't even tell you what channel CNN is, and I have no idea if we even get MSNBC or Fox News. The only time I ever see any of those channels is when I'm in the US, or if a clip is posted to Facebook. The fake news that Canadian lefties watch is CBC.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fox news just gets reported on actual news stations when they make the latest screw up. I think Trump should buy it.

8 minutes ago, Bryan said:

US news is almost never watched in Canada by anyone.

I don't believe that....carriage of U.S. and other foreign networks is common for Canadian cable television providers.   Several MLW members have routinely referenced American cable news anchors and analysts by name over the years.  Ditto New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, etc.

Fake news is not illegal in the United States, but it is in Canada. 

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Still fake news....even more insidious.   Consistent "mistakes" are purposeful.   

Who's purpose though?

Different topic entirely....start a new thread.    Funding = control, the same claim that lefties make about big corporations and media.

So funding the broadcaster isn't equal to controlling the news, that's great news!

What the heck do lefties have to do with this?

Edited by eyeball

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't believe that....carriage of U.S. and other foreign networks is common for Canadian cable television providers.   Several MLW members have routinely referenced American cable news anchors and analysts by name over the years.  Ditto New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, etc.

Fake news is not illegal in the United States, but it is in Canada. 

90% of the time, the person referencing those stations saw a clip someone shared on the internet. Ditto for knowing the names  -- someone told them who they were. It's REALLY rare for a Canadian to watch any US news channels. It doesn't even register on the Numeris ratings.