Trump and Canada

56 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Americans are still choking and dying from Nanticoke.

Nanticoke is where American terrorists invaded Canada, serves you right.

b.t.w. Emissions from Nanticoke were cut in half in 2009, and then to just 15% in 2011, and finally shut down completely in 2013. The US still gets 33% of its power from coal, many orders of magnitude more pollution than Nanticoke ever put out.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Didn't Brazeau and various Conservative types underestimate Trudeau already?   Both JT and Trump achieved power while being dismissed and mocked; kind of interesting isn't it?

D its Michael H's fault,. He said no talking about God. On a more serious note, both were  underestimated yes. Very true. 

Now we have a study in opposites. Trudeau wants everyone to like him and approve. Trump wants everyone to hate him and disapprove. Trudeau wants to be loved, Trump hated. Never have I seen such polar opposites in personality.

On 2016-11-09 at 4:28 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because California and Texas are a larger auto market than all of Canada.   California's CARB has actually set the pace for emissions standards and mileage efficiency.  Many tech firms that contribute to automotive engineering can be found in California.  Texas is the leading source for automotive fuels and refining of other transportation distillates. Both states are major ports of entry for raw materials and finished goods from overseas trading partners.

Canada is a leader in none of these things, and is very dependent on foreign capital investment.

Trump is right....U.S. first !   Canada can do whatever the hell it wants, maybe build a pipeline or refinery...it wouldn't kill 'ya.

One of the tenants of Fascism is ultra nationalism. The last time there was an "America First" movement was when the conservatives objected to going to war against Hitler. While Canadians were fighting Hitler for 2 years before America joined, Bush's granddaddy was financing Hitler. Your "America First" has such a fine tradition.

Edited by Canadianjim

27 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

One of the tenants of Fascism is ultra nationalism. The last time there was an "America First" movement was when the conservatives objected to going to war against Hitler. While Canadians were fighting Hitler for 2 years before America joined, Bush's granddaddy was financing Hitler. Your "America First" has such a fine tradition.

I love nationalism....many Canadians refused to fight in their British Empire's wars...especially in Quebec.   God Save The Queen !   The U.S. didn't start your world wars, but it sure as hell finished them for you.

I hope Trump continues to push hard on "America First", and I don't give a damn how much Canada and Mexico whine about it.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I love nationalism....many Canadians refused to fight in their British Empire's wars...especially in Quebec.   God Save The Queen !   The U.S. didn't start your world wars, but it sure as hell finished them for you.

I hope Trump continues to push hard on "America First", and I don't give a damn how much Canada and Mexico whine about it.

"Nationalism is a pox on humanity" Albert Einstein... um i'll stick with the  smarter guy.

2 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

"Nationalism is a pox on humanity" Albert Einstein... um i'll stick with the  smarter guy.

If he'd been smarter he would have said what he meant by that.  Or did he?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

If he'd been smarter he would have said what he meant by that.  Or did he?

He wrote a letter to FDR...build The Bomb.

Trump understands this well and will Make America Great Again !    Canada will get a small cut of the bounty, as usual.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Albert Einstein emigrated to the United States...not Canada.  Smart move.....

I'll stick with the  smarter guy. That's right Einstein knew most American's weren't nationalists then. Just ones that believed waving a flag meant you were a patriot. Like donald trump. You know a very brave soldier?

•Remember the days when the republicans claimed to be brave patriots who support real brave soldiers?. 

How times have changed huh?

“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world,” Trump told Stern of avoiding STDs. “It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

He wrote a letter to FDR...build The Bomb.

Yeah, then when he was safe, he said he regretted it, if memory serves.  Seems a bit self serving.

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, Canadianjim said:

I'll stick with the  smarter guy. That's right Einstein knew most American's weren't nationalists then. Just ones that believed waving a flag meant you were a patriot. Like donald trump.

That's why many "smart" Canadians go to the USA for far greater opportunities.  "Brain drain" in Canada speak.   More will do so with Trump as president.

More Canadians have always gone to the USA than Americans going to Canada....ditto emigres from around the world.

1 minute ago, Canadianjim said:

Most people know what nationalism means. The nazis  were nationalists.

Nationalism has many definitions.  It helps to know A. E. was talking about the Nazis, and not Iceland.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Nationalism has many definitions.  It helps to know A. E. was talking about the Nazis, and not Iceland.

na·tion·al·ism

ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/

noun

patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.

synonyms:patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism

"their extreme nationalism was frightening"

an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.

plural noun: nationalisms

advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yeah the US dropped a couple of A bombs after they basically sat out most of it. So stop whining.

4 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

na·tion·al·ism

ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/

noun

patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.

synonyms:patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism

"their extreme nationalism was frightening"

an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.

plural noun: nationalisms

advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

Well exactly.  I'm an advocate of political independence for any country, and as an Englishman and a Canadian. I support wholeheartedly many principles my country stands for and many of the efforts they make to help turn the world into a better place.

I also admit to a bit of a patriotic feeling every time the World Cup comes around.  (Don't get your hopes up Canada, there's only one football team)

Edited by bcsapper

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's why many "smart" Canadians go to the USA for far greater opportunities.  "Brain drain" in Canada speak.   More will do so with Trump as president.

More Canadians have always gone to the USA than Americans going to Canada....ditto emigres from around the world.

Apparently the  smart ones stayed confirmed by the  educational rankings of both countries. Yours is not doing so well.

Edited by Canadianjim

Just now, Canadianjim said:

Apparently the  smart ones stayed confirmed by the  educational rankings of both countries. Yours not doing so well.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump is smart enough not to waste blood and treasure on the residue of Canada's failed empire around the world.

Trump talks to his cult at a grade 4 level.

Just now, Canadianjim said:

Apparently the  smart ones stayed confirmed by the  educational rankings of both countries. Yours not doing so well.

Trump can rest easy....America has far more patents and Nobels than Canada.   Far more top rated universities as well.  This will be good for the Trump economy.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump can rest easy....America has far more patents and Nobels than Canada.   Far more top rated universities as well.  This will be good for the Trump economy.

The red states file far less patents for innovations and inventions than blue states do. You're not a part of the  intelligent class in your country. You demonstrate it every day. You are the reason   your country doesn't make the top 10 for an educated citizenry.