A Question for Open Border Advocates

To all the open border advocates, I would like to ask what you think of MS-13? These guys love open borders. Here is just another example of the anguish caused by the open border policies enacted by the Democrat/Republican Cabal.

All is fine, as long as this isn't your neighborhood, eh? What should be done with these violent gang bangers who are here illegally. Oh, and they are moving into Canada.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/they-keep-finding-bodies-gang-violence-in-long-island-town-fuels-immigration-debate.html?_r=0

To all the open border advocates, I would like to ask what you think of MS-13? These guys love open borders. Here is just another example of the anguish caused by the open border policies enacted by the Democrat/Republican Cabal.

All is fine, as long as this isn't your neighborhood, eh? What should be done with these violent gang bangers who are here illegally. Oh, and they are moving into Canada.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/they-keep-finding-bodies-gang-violence-in-long-island-town-fuels-immigration-debate.html?_r=0

You just have to be armed and ready...

Open borders is ridiculous. Canada is a special club. 6+ billion people shouldn't have the right to live here. We need medical checks, criminal history checks, and the ability to control who comes in for what's in the best interests of Canadians and NOT the rest of the world who haven't lifted a finger to BUILD this country, who haven't fought and risked their lives defending this country.

Canada isn't an international airport hotel. If we had open borders, Canadian culture would be almost wiped out. With 1.3 billion Chinese and 1.2 billion Indians out there, these groups would quickly dominate our demographics and our official languages would be changed to Chinese and Hindi within time. No I'm not exaggerating. The movement of people from Syria into European countries would look like a trickle. Then you'd have civil unrest because traditional Canadians would fight back to reclaim what was theirs. The Brexit would look like a slumber party.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

For me, open borders are a religious matter: Love thy neighbour as thyself.

My own private property aside, who am I to decide who comes to Canada? Helping them financially might be another matter, but as long as a person is self-sufficient, let him have at her. If you have money to support yourself and can find a job, welcome, brother. Welcome sister.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I Corinthians 12:13

If there is no difference between a Jew or a gentile, a bond or free, then what's the difference between a Canadian, a Chinese, and an Indian? No, Canadians are no more special than anyone else. We're one global family.

Are illegal immigrants not taking advantage of open borders. Open borders exist on the Mexico/USA border. Where have you been lately. We're taken here.

Open borders? They're far from open. Your characterization of them in this way is ignorant.

For me, open borders are a religious matter: Love thy neighbour as thyself.

My own private property aside, who am I to decide who comes to Canada? Helping them financially might be another matter, but as long as a person is self-sufficient, let him have at her. If you have money to support yourself and can find a job, welcome, brother. Welcome sister.

Yeah right "who am I to decide", but then "as long as a person is self sufficient blah blah.....have money blah, blah." Which is it?

It can easily be both. We let him in, but if he can't support himself, that's when homeless shelters and food banks kick in. It's not up to the government to keep him out. He has a right to be given a chance to fend for himself without us tying his hands behind his back.

Besides, if things don't turn out so well for him, he'll want to go back home of his own accord anyway. When he asks to be returned, we can happily do so.

Or if we insist on some kind of control, then it must be for a valid reason.

For example, anyone should be allowed to work or do business in Canada without a visa. The idea behind this is that we're not talking about supporting him, but rather allowing him to support himself. If he's not a burden on anyone else and is working, then who am I to deny him his opportunity. An extra taxpayer and consumer. All around good for the economy.

And if he does well and wants to become a permanent resident or citizen later, that's another step, but to just work and do business, what is the legitimate argument against it?

That's already the case. When a person arrives at the border, if he's turned away, the government does not pay for the man's seat. The airlines swallow the cost.

All that would happen in this case is instead of being sent back right away, he'd try to find work for a few days, fail to do so, and then be sent back. Whether we send him back on the same day or later, what's the difference in cost to the airline? Nada.

But at least we gave him his chance.

Plus, in the first scenario, he might try again. In the second scenario, afterbeing given a chance and failing to find work, he now knows that for him, it's not worth it, so less likely to try again.

Many Canadians apparently believe in open borders....they illegally overstay their visas in the United States more than any other nationals, including Mexicans.

You continually repeat that, perhaps you should look up who illegally overstays their visas in Canada more than any other nation. I looked it up, and surprise, surprise, it is Americans.

You continually repeat that, perhaps you should look up who illegally overstays their visas in Canada more than any other nation. I looked it up, and surprise, surprise, it is Americans.

Then Canada should do something about it. American illegals should be deported, without exception.

Far more Canadians illegally overstay in the United States. Far more Canadians cross the U.S. border each year than Americans going to Canada, yet it only has 10% of the population size.

Edited by bush_cheney2004