Should Canada screen potential immigrants/refugees for Canadian Values

Argus

Screening for Canadian values  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Race & religion I presume. Language is probably also on his list, but further down.

I've never suggested screening by race. But if that's your desire I'm sure you can express a reason why you'd want to do that.

So what else should they be screened for?

Maybe you should look at the topic name.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piecework is like that.

Yes, if you do piecework full time then that is fine. The problem is apple picking season is very short, and by the time you become experienced and can actually earn more than minimum wage the season is over. The farmer want those kids who come up and work for slave wages, just like the scumbag corporations and their unpaid interns. Time the employer stopped relying on welfare.

Yes, if you do piecework full time then that is fine. The problem is apple picking season is very short, and by the time you become experienced and can actually earn more than minimum wage the season is over. The farmer want those kids who come up and work for slave wages, just like the scumbag corporations and their unpaid interns. Time the employer stopped relying on welfare.

Well how do the foreigners get good at it, then?

Whats so wrong with piece work? Why do people think they should make 30$ P/H for piece work anyway? It is what it is, piece work> Work harder make more money, laze around and make less money, that's the way it should be. Good doctors make more money than crappy doctors, same as lawyers.

Piece work is a character builder. I've done lots of it. I know tree planters, mushroom pickers, fishermen, salad pickers, tree spacers etc.

390,000 of these people enter our country every year. They are uneducated, unskilled, and contribute nothing. They are a burden to honest, hardworking Canadians and our government is doing nothing to stop them, not to mention they're dirty and they smell bad. THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH!!

They are our newborn.

Okay, so which Canadian values should they be screened for?

Gender equality would be a good one because it's so representative of all the others. I mean, if you're the kind of person who watches a girl in shorts ride by on a bike and thinks she's a filthy slut who should be beaten and abused, then you probably have an awful lot of other values which are hostile to our culture, too. If you think women who don't cover themselves from head to toe are expressing their availability to have sex with any man who comes near them then you're probably better off staying where you are. If you think that your women, wives, daughters, sisters, belong to you, and that no other man may even speak to them, because that would be immoral, then we don't really want you here.

390,000 of these people enter our country every year. They are uneducated, unskilled, and contribute nothing. They are a burden to honest, hardworking Canadians and our government is doing nothing to stop them, not to mention they're dirty and they smell bad. THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH!!

They are our newborn.

Newborns have no beliefs or values but what we teach them. Immigrants that come here come equipped with a variety of deeply ingrained social values, customs and beliefs, some of them extremely hostile to our own.

Newborns have no beliefs or values but what we teach them. Immigrants that come here come equipped with a variety of deeply ingrained social values, customs and beliefs, some of them extremely hostile to our own.

It's the Canada some want to build. Another Middle Eastern garden paradise.

Whats so wrong with piece work?

Yes, the marketeer promises you $30 and hour, and delivers you below minimum wage. I guess you also respond to those e-mails that says my friend makes $8759/week sitting in front of his computer for a couple of hours. There is nothing wrong with piece work, but don't be a crybaby and say you can't find Canadians to do the work when you are not delivering what you promised.

---

I admit, I watch the girl in shorts ride by on her bike. It's sunny out now, gotta go.

Gender equality would be a good one because it's so representative of all the others. I mean, if you're the kind of person who watches a girl in shorts ride by on a bike and thinks she's a filthy slut who should be beaten and abused, then you probably have an awful lot of other values which are hostile to our culture, too. If you think women who don't cover themselves from head to toe are expressing their availability to have sex with any man who comes near them then you're probably better off staying where you are. If you think that your women, wives, daughters, sisters, belong to you, and that no other man may even speak to them, because that would be immoral, then we don't really want you here.

Again you would fail at just establishing the values.

This is going nowhere for you.

Exactly, and that incident you described is only one of many.

There is nothing wrong with asking immigrants if they believe that women and gays should be treated equally, there is nothing wrong with defending/supporting our value system including our educational system. Would we rather the opposite and at what cost? I would be appalled if people did not agree that we should protect women/girls and gays, among other things.

It's a question of whether we want to import more medieval beliefs which go against our Canadian values as in the most recent problem we've read about where Muslim parents are taking their kids out of music classes. Why, because it's against their beliefs/religion to sing or make music and even be in the same room with musical instruments. How much should we bend our rules to accommodate a medieval, misogynist belief system.

Yes, the marketeer promises you $30 and hour, and delivers you below minimum wage. I guess you also respond to those e-mails that says my friend makes $8759/week sitting in front of his computer for a couple of hours. There is nothing wrong with piece work, but don't be a crybaby and say you can't find Canadians to do the work when you are not delivering what you promised.

---

I admit, I watch the girl in shorts ride by on her bike. It's sunny out now, gotta go.

I think everybody knows that piece work is exactly that, I'm sure the marketer says things like "you can make X amount" or some people make X amount. We all know (and foreign labourers for sure know) that when it comes to piece work, you get out exactly what you put in to it.

Whats so wrong with piece work? Why do people think they should make 30$ P/H for piece work anyway? It is what it is, piece work> Work harder make more money, laze around and make less money, that's the way it should be. Good doctors make more money than crappy doctors, same as lawyers.

That is not always true, by any means. I can assure you that some doctors who earn a fortune are deeply ignorant of their specialty. My GP has a very low volume of patients per day and is never late for my appointment. He does not rush and goes through every problem I have on each visit. Everybody in town wants to be his patient. His RateMyMD score is almost perfect. Edited by SpankyMcFarland

So how would transgender people fit into this? Would being opposed to gender neutral washrooms or opposed to allowing transgender people to use whichever washroom they prefer be grounds for not being allowed in this country?

So we see how much this web site differs from the Canadian mainstream due to all the zealous ultra left progressives here. The poll results so far are 16-12 against screening here. But a poll taken of Canadians shows two thirds of the country believe potential immigrants should be screened for Canadian values. In fact, a majority of Conservatives, New Democrats and Liberals believe in value screening.

A new Forum Research Inc. poll for the Star shows that Leitch may be tapping into an idea that Canadians favour with 67 per cent saying immigrants should indeed be screened for “anti-Canadian values.”
More importantly for Leitch, the poll shows that the idea is especially popular among Conservative supporters with 87 per cent backing the idea and just 8 per cent opposed compared to 57 per cent support among Liberals and 59 per cent for New Democrat voters.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/09/10/canadians-favour-screening-immigrant-values-poll-shows.html